Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

PRC License required for Electronics Engineer Assessment?

Hi po sa lahat,
Magtatanong lang po sana ako, if ipapa-assess ko po ba is as Electronics Engineer, nasa MSA booklet kasi na " Registration certificate under the relevant licensing authority where applicable (e.g. Philippine Regulations Commission) " .
Ang tanong ko po, paano pag expired na yung license ko? D na kac needed dito sa Singapore ang license kaya d ko ka narenew matagal na. Hihingin ba nila yun to process the assessment?

Comments

• gjjudegjjude Philippines

Hi @RobertLawrence,

I didn't present my PRC ID and only submitted the Registration certificate as Electronics Engineer to EA. I think there's no need to present as long as you have the certificate available.

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator

@RobertLawrence it’s only optional. It comes in handy in case your university is under section 2

• RobertLawrenceRobertLawrence Posts: 14Member

@gjjude , do you mean that I can use my certificate as a member of Institute of Electronics Engineers of the Philippines? I have that as well. But if it is not that document that you are referring, where can I get that? or maybe I already have that during my oath taking possibly?

@RheaMARN1171933 thank you for your comment.

• gjjudegjjude Philippines

@RobertLawrence,

That certificate is not from IECEP but from PRC. It certifies that you are a licensed electronics engineer. It should be something similar to this link:
    https://www.slideshare.net/MarkAngeloViernes/prc-ece-certificate

@gjjude May I know what steps did you took to get this document from PRC? I'm not sure if I can still request for this document to PRC since my license was already expired. Thank you for showing an example.

edited October 2019

Type your comment

If I'm not mistaken, the COR was given during my Oath Taking. Problem is, I'm not sure if I have this certificate because I'm not familiar with the layout.
    Maybe I should find a way how to request for another one if its possible.

May info pala ako galing sa PRC ngayon lang.

From CPD Secretariat prc.cpdsecretariat@gmail.com
    Registered Professional Electronics Engineers (PECE), Electronics Engineers (ECE) and Electronics Technicians (ECT) working overseas shall not be covered by the CPD requirement. Professionals working abroad shall not be covered by the CPD requirement during the period of their employment abroad, the required proof of the professional working overseas is valid Overseas Employment Contract (OEC) or valid Employment Contract duly approved by the POEA.

So pinakamagandang solusyon bago mag-launch ng Skills Assessment sa EA is magrenew nalang ng PRC license. At least bago gumastos ng malaki sigurado na complied lahat ng requirements.

• calix28calix28 Posts: 1Member

Hi everyone, ask ko lang po related dito sa topic na PRC License requirement but in my case I did not take the exam but I graduated as an Electronics and Communications Engineer and been working in the field for over 13 years. What will be the other option aside from the PRC license?