Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Effects of Covid on visa

Hello po. A few months ago na grant po ang visa namin ng partner ko. Nag initial entry na kami last January. Plano po namin sana mag move ng May.

That was before Covid-19.

Ang tanong ko po posible bang ma-extend ba ang validity ng visa dahil sa Covid19? 18-months lang kasi ang visa namin, so nasasayang ang oras namin habang tumatagal ang mga restrictions.

Salamat sa sasagot.

Comments

• lecialecia Posts: 1,841Member

@jennysabaterc anu po type ng visa nyo
    Mam?

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

08/09/2017 - passed Australian Medical Scientist exam
    27/10/2017 - PTE LRSW- 77/80/75/85
    2018- got promoted, new job responsibilities,stop muna ang AUSSIE DREAM
    25/09/2018- PTE LRSW- 70/82/90/70 ( technical, ayaw magmove ng mouse ko sa listening, 2 WFD diko nasagot, submitted report\complain pero wala din)
    17/10/2018- PTE LRSW- 84/77/90/84
    09/02/2019- PTE LRSW- 83/82/90/85
    10/02/2019 -EOI lodge 75 (189) 80 (190)
    11/02/2019 - ITA received 189 ( 75 points)
    12/02/2019 - NSW ITA received 190 ( 80 points)
    19/02/2019 - SG PCC released
    20/02/2019 - Medical at SATA Ang Mo Kio @6-9 pm night clinic
    23/02/2019 - Visa lodged 189
    06/03/2019 - NBI provided ( umuwi ako Pinas kasi sa online Last name ni husband nag aapear, di pa ako nagchange ng married name ko kaya gusto ko kapareho nun passport at iba pang docs ko. Pag sa Pinas, pinakita ko lang passport ko at yun nirelease nila.

• jennysabatercjennysabaterc Cavite

@lecia Visa 476 ang visa namin ng partner ko.

@jennysabaterc said:
    @lecia Visa 476 ang visa namin ng partner ko.

You can email Home affairs regarding that. Since residents and citizen and family lang pwde mag enter ngayon, sila yung mas nakakaalam ng answer.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

25/09/2018- PTE LRSW- 70/82/90/70 ( technical, ayaw magmove ng mouse ko sa listening, 2 WFD diko nasagot, submitted report\complain pero wala din)
    06/03/2019 - NBI provided ( umuwi ako Pinas kasi sa online Last name ni husband nag aapear, di pa ako nagchange ng married name ko kaya gusto ko kapareho nun passport at iba pang docs ko. Pag sa Pinas, pinakita ko lang passport ko at yun nirelease nila.

• jennysabatercjennysabaterc Cavite

@Lecia salamat po

• beecool79beecool79 UAE

question lang po. sa mga 489 visa holder po na tulad ko na hindi pa nag iinitial entry and until feb 2021 next year ang IED... there is no way po ba talaga na maka pag BM say for instance mga September or August 2020? or is it better to wait until the situation subsides kc parang sa dami din po ng walang work sa ngaun sa Australia, prang napaka challenging po mag BM this year. salamat po for any inputs. Stay safe and God bless us all.

"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails - Proverbs 19:21"
    "With God, all things are Possible"

• JamesHallJamesHall Posts: 11De-activated

@jennysabaterc said:
    Hello po. A few months ago na grant po ang visa namin ng partner ko. Nag initial entry na kami last January. Plano po namin sana mag move ng May.

That was before Covid-19.

Ang tanong ko po posible bang ma-extend ba ang validity ng visa dahil sa Covid19? 18-months lang kasi ang visa namin, so nasasayang ang oras namin habang tumatagal ang mga restrictions.

Salamat sa sasagot.

No. There's no provision in legislation to allow for the visa expiry date to be changed.

James Alan Hall
    Registered Migration Agent 0428740

@beecool79 said:
    question lang po. sa mga 489 visa holder po na tulad ko na hindi pa nag iinitial entry and until feb 2021 next year ang IED... there is no way po ba talaga na maka pag BM say for instance mga September or August 2020? or is it better to wait until the situation subsides kc parang sa dami din po ng walang work sa ngaun sa Australia, prang napaka challenging po mag BM this year. salamat po for any inputs. Stay safe and God bless us all.

I don't know what you mean by "BM". Failure to meet the initial entry date will not usually be used to cancel a skilled visa. However to be on the safe side you should email the processing office close to the expiry date and request for "letter of facilitation". I've successfully obtained this for many of my clients.

This is essentially an agreement with the department that they will not cancel your visa if you have not met the initial entry date.

James Alan Hall

beecool79odwight

@beecool79 ok na naka entry kayo before nitong covid19. Temporary visa holders are not yet allowed to enter AU po, only citizen ,PR and their immediate family. Antay lang ng further updates, Madami ako kakilala na hindi pa naka entry. Maka BM din kayo soon. Super ipon muna Sa ngyon! Goodluck and keep safe always! 😄

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited May 2020

@JamesHall said:

@beecool79 said:

I don't know what you mean by "BM". Failure to meet the initial entry date will not usually be used to cancel a skilled visa. However to be on the safe side you should email the processing office close to the expiry date and request for "letter of facilitation". I've successfully obtained this for many of my clients.

This is essentially an agreement with the department that they will not cancel your visa if you have not met the initial entry date.

James Alan Hall

Nice to see a fellow migration agent in this forum for Filipinos. FYI, BM means big move, some of the Filipino jargons they use here :)

• beecool79beecool79 UAE

@JamesHall - thank you very much for the helpful info. @lecia thanks and stay safe also. :)

"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails - Proverbs 19:21"
    "With God, all things are Possible"

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    Nice to see a fellow migration agent in this forum for Filipinos. FYI, BM means big move, some of the Filipino jargons they use here :)

Thanks :) I've been on and off for a long time. I have a lot of filipino clients in Singapore where I'm based.

James Alan Hall

• chococrinklechococrinkle Adelaide

Suggestion for those on temporary visa like 489, 491 planning for BM.. if ever borders will open in the coming months and you will be allowed entry make sure po you have more than enough funds coming here. At least 6months funds as unemployment rate is quite high now and finding a job is more likely challenging than pre-covid period. Sadly the govt does not extend any assistance to temporary skilled visa holders like here in SA. It will be challenging to make it through in the coming months without a job so its best medyo madaming baon. 😊

MrAdobo

2014 -- start of Au dream
    06.07.14 -- IELTS LRWS 7.5/7.5/7.0/7.0
    07.18.14 -- positive skills assessment
    08.01.14 -- waiting for occupation in ACT to open
    08.01.15 -- still waiting for occupation in ACT to open
    08.01.16 -- still waiting for occupation in ACT to open
    06.07.17 -- expired IELTS
    07.18.17 -- expired skills assessment
    08.2017 -- learned high points via SA 489
    11.22.17 -- PTE Academic exam LRWS 90/79/90/90
    11.22.17 -- result of Vetassess assessment renewal
    11.30.17 -- EOI lodge SA 489 80 pts
    12.22.17 -- received SA invitation
    01.04.18 -- Visa Lodge SA 489
    01.19.18 -- Medicals
    04.10.18 -- Visa Grant (DG) Praise God!!!

PTE Writing Tips

For writing essay I used E2 language format and applying what I learned from Ielts. Sa intro, sa 1st sentence ni restate ko lang yung question using my own words. Then sa 2nd sentence if one sided lang yung question, I give summary of the reasons ( 2 reasons only). Example, if ang essay is about importance of computers (one sided), eto 2nd sentence ko. Computers are valuable resources as they (1st reason) aid in learning and are (2nd reason) used to communicate with others. Then sa 3rd sentence sasabihin ko para pampahaba-- In this essay, I shall discuss my point of view by giving points and examples about the topic.

Then sa 2nd paragraph, elaborate ko na ang 1St reason. Mga 2 sentences na magsupport sa 1st reason, like if yung 1st reason ko is aid in learning, expand ko ang topic by answering how computers aid in learning,etc. Usually yung reason mo convert mo by asking how, what, when, or who. Tapos sa 3rd sentence, I state examples. Pwede ka din mag add pa ng 4th sentence parang isummarize mo lang ang 2nd paragraph.

Sa 3rd paragraph discuss naman ang 3rd reason same sa ginawa sa 2nd par.

4Th paragraph 1st sentence conclusion, then 2nd sentence recommendation.

If 2 sided naman yung intro pwede mo gamitin yung nasa template like kina Heprex na samples. Then yung 2nd par yung kabilang side, then yung 3rd paragraph yung other side. Tapos same last paragraph.

If medyo nahihirapan ka sa mga ideas, research ka dito sa forum ng mga recent topics. Tapos based dun sa topic reasearch ka anong pwedeng maging points and reasons para may idea ka na ano ilalagay mo sa essay.

Ang key talaga sa writing is dapat marami ka ideas. If nahihirapan ka mag construct ng idea try to research as much as possible. Google mo yung mga common or recent topics on pte writing tapos may mga sample questions dun,, then research mo ano possible answers para sa actual exam may idea kana ano isasagot. Tapos dpat familiarize mo mga connectors (like moreover, therefore, for instance, etc) kasi mas mataas ang grade kapag medyo complex ang sentence na ginagamit mo kesa simple sentences lang.

For summarize written text strategy ko is to first get ano main topic. Then analyze what important points were given, may nangyari ba? If meron ano ang nangyari, kelan nangyari? ano at para kanino ang purpose? Usually kasi sa mga paragraphs naka detail lang pero yung point lang naman dun is parang dinedescribe lang yung main topic. If you can answer who/what, when, how and why about the topic pwede mo na pagdugtungin yung ideas mo thru connectors and form a sentence. If you will have multiple paragraphs, summarize mo muna per paragraph then summarize mo ulit lahat in one sentence

Another tip also in writing as much as possible do not repeat the same words. If you dont have much stored knowledge about synonyms okay lang. Practice and Research is the key. Kaya malaki ang help sa akin yung pag research sa mga common or recent topics kasi while practicing pwede akong mghanap ng synonyms then mas madali ko syang ma recall sa actual exam kasi nagawa ko na sya before. Tapos if meron kayong word na ma encounter na parang hirap kayo mag elaborate, google nyo din anong synonym or phrases na pwedeng same meaning ng word. Share ko yung nilista kong mga synonyms na possible na magagamit sa mga essay kasi minsan these are the topics commonly asked.

Essay synonyms

Discuss- cite, mention, illustrate, narrate, elucidate, talk about

Finally.. Concluded, In Summary

Democracy- representative govt; elective govt; republic; commonwealth

Vote- suffrage, ballot, poll, elect officials, select leaders, appoint, designate

Leaders- officials, officer, commander, chief, head, principal of nations, pioneer, front runner

Nature- mother earth, environment, wildlife, universe, cosmos, countryside, natural resources, natural world

Environment- habitat, territory, domain, surroundings

Teachers- educator, tutor, coach,guide, mentor, guru, professor, trainer, lecturer

Computer- PC, laptop, netbook,desktop, terminal, mainframe

Robot- automated individual, android, automaton, golem, bot, droid,

Invention- creation, innovation, development, design

Creative ability- inventive mind, originality, imagination, inspiration

Airplane- plane, airliner, jet, plane

Drugs- medicine, medication, remedy, cure, antidote

Issue- matter, affairs, problem, difficulty, obstacle, predicament

Information- details, particulars, facts, data, computing /computer

Revolution- insurgence, transformation, innovation, revolt, uprising, restructuring

Packaging- case, wrap

Region, province, rural area, district, territory, district, area

Boon- blessing, benefit, advantage

Tourist- traveler, vacationer, visitor

Tourism- visits to places of interest; commercial organization and operation of vacations; traveling to places; services provided to people for holidays

Technology- invention, engineering, applied science, method, technical knowledge, undustrial science, mechanization

Xenophobic- anti nationalist

• Ollie_1980Ollie_1980 Posts: 3Member

COVID-19 definitely has impact. But still hard to say it positive or negative. This is one thing we can't avoid or change, just calm down and wish for the best outcome.