Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Subclass 491 hopeful applicant with limited skill set

Hello everyone! newbie here!

I just want to ask. Is it correct that i should be getting this type of visa for myself? I really don't know where to start so i am assuming that this visa is right for me? Kindly enlighten me. Thanks :smile:

My brother is a permanent resident in regional Australia. He told me to search on how he will be able to help me on getting in there to live and work as he is open in helping me do it.

I currently have limited jobs in the Philippines and never had a permanent job myself, never na empleyo. Marunong akong mag bake(around 10 years na) and was able to put up a small cafe for 3 years long ago here in Manila pero nag sara na sya. Ngayon nag bebenta benta na lang ako online pero hindi talaga seryoso as i did not apply for a business permit for it na. Currently rin i have online jobs that i do aside from baking na i believe pwede ko pa rin gawin ones na andun na ako(I wish). Gusto ko sana i try if ever makakapasa ako for 491 kahit ganyan lang ang skill na meron ako.

1. Magagamit ko ba ang skills ko in baking for applying on this specific subclass? Never ako nag aral nang baking sa school as i learned all of it on my own so wala akong certifications whatsoever.
  2. Ano ang magiging role nang brother ko in helping me get the visa? He is a surgeon on a local hospital regionally, makaka tulong ba yun?
  3. Dapat ba mag pa assess ako sa migration officer? and if so. May marerecommend ba kayo na legit at mura lang?
  4. Mas maganda ba na 491 ang kunin ko or iba na lang like Student visa and mag aral na lang nang culinary run having said na wala naman akong certification sa pag bebake ko? Ano mas madali or mas mura na pathway?

Thanks everyone! Keep safe! :smiley:

Comments

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@Pietrau Para makapag-submit ng EOI for a skilled immigrant visa (189, 190, 491) you need a positive skills assessment for 1 of the skills in the skilled occupation list https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/work-in-australia/Pages/Skill-occupation-list.aspx

To start, I would suggest that you check the list to see if there is an occupation that is suitable for you given your educational qualifications & work experience. Tapos check the requirements for getting a positive skills assessment.

Kung walang occupation sa list na pwede sa iyo, I guess the option would be to apply for a student visa to study a course that would make you qualified for one of the occupations in the list. Note lang na some occupations require several years of work experience post-qualification to get a positive skills assessment. Meron naman occupations na basta may qualification ka, maski walang work experience ay pwede nang makakuha ng positive skills assessment.

There are 2 kinds of 491 visa, family sponsored & state sponsored. If your occupation is under the MLTSSL list, you can submit an EOI for the family sponsored 491 visa & your brother will need to show proof that he lives & works in a regional area. Yun yung tulong na pwede nya magawa, but you need a positive skills assessment for an occupation in the list before anything else.