Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Dependant - School Age Child (School, Offer, Visa Requirement)

iheartoziheartoz SydneyPosts: 337Member
edited June 2013 in Study and Training Visa
Hi guys,

I couldn't find any detailed info kasi about including a school age child sa student visa application, that's why I opened this topic (in case there is, please let me know). I am considering the option kasi of including my husband and child sa application although di pa sila sasabay sa akin papuntang OZ. I have a few questions, hope some of you can answer.

1. When my child is coming to OZ is not definite yet. But as a requirement, I need to get her an offer from a primary school (she's turning 6 this year). I'd like to have a look at a copy of an offer letter so I will have an idea what I will request from the school. Anyone who has one?

2. I was told that I need not pay the fees yet. I just need to get an offer letter. True? If that is the case, again, what should appear in the letter?

3. I inquired sa isang Catholic primary school that my brother in OZ suggested. It's a good school daw, most of his parent Filipino friends can attest. I was told na kelangan munang interviewhin ang bata before they can offer a place. In our case, phone interview. I'm not quite confident about it kasi my child turns timid when talking to strangers. Tapos sa phone pa and in English for sure. She can speak and understand English (thanks to Disney Junior. Hehe.) but not that fluent. She's in kindergarten pa kasi so di pa masyadong particular sa English ang school nya. Medyo kinakabahan ako dito kasi baka di pumasa. Anyone of you who has the idea how the interview would normally go? Mataas ba expectations nila sa interview?

4. Did anyone of you consider putting or has put their child in a public school? It's a lot cheaper. Would you recommend it?

Anybody here who had experienced going through the process of applying for student visa with a school age dependant, please share your inputs. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    How old is your child? School age here starts at 5 yrs old. School preparedness only includes being able to talk in english preferrably, go to toilet and eat independently, use scissors and color.

No read and no write yung mga bata here. I got "scolded" cause my daughter can count upto a 100 ad write the alphabet.. Have i been forcing here to learn bah daw?

Behind sila.. They just catch up later.

Public and private... Ask how much you will pay kasi on a foreigners' passport u will pay international student's fee. It is expensive.

Public is okay. Maganda naman public here only issue is location. Bullying is rampant in low docile or low socio economic zones. So check what the area is like..,if mas maraming asians, i think is better for our kids to adjust in kasi someone looks similar to them.

My daughter is only 4 so next year pa schooling. School dapat bookings ahead or inquire ahead of time kasi napupuno din.
  • iheartoziheartoz Sydney
    @li_i_ren thanks for the reply! i had a bad impression din sa public schools kasi may nabasa ako before dito e. tapos, kinonfirm pa ng kapatid ko. grabe daw ang bullying. kawawa naman ang anak ko pagkaganon. as for now, gusto ko lang talaga malaman how to get a placement sa school. kasi sabi sa akin ng IDP, no need to pay fees pa naman daw. offer letter lang. di pa rin kasi ako sure when talaga pupunta ng OZ anak ko. gusto ko lang isabay na sila ni hubby sa application.
  • li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    edited June 2013
    @iheartoz im not sure paano if ur not in au. But like me i actually called them here and i was told may open day for new students. I should go daw to look at the school, get the forms and fill them up. But when i told them na d aabot yung anak ko sa july cut off kasi after july pa sya turns 5 sinabi next year try ako ulit. Public school.. But in a really good suburb. No waiting list naman daw basta age is right.

So fingers crossed totoo yun.

You can call them long distance and/ or email them your query.
  • changeiscomingchangeiscoming Dickson
    Hello everyone. Anyone here who applied and is bringing their school aged dependent/s? Im planning to bring my 7 yr old son. Wife will be us too.
  • danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    Wishing you all the best guys and keep on praying. Prayers for you all too. God is good all the time.

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010

• hopeful30hopeful30 Mandaluyong
    edited June 2016
    Hello everyone. IF i may ask sa magsasama po ng school age dependants nila sa Au, pano po ang process nun? I understand kailangan ipasok dn sa school ang bata does it mean kailangan iENROLL dn sya o kukuha lang ng placement? And if so, before ienroll or ikuha ng placement, kailangan po ba muna nung COE ko? Thank you po.