Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

189 or Student VISA???

Hello, I am not sure what to do. I got 75 points on the calculator but I am also looking to apply for a student visa. Main goal really is to get PR.

What of 189 gets rejected? Can I still apply for a student visa? Thanks po for any inputs.

Comments

• neekia1228neekia1228 Posts: 2Member

I am a team leadr po pala for 3 years na, customer service

• migrationvibesmigrationvibes Posts: 5Member

I suggest to get in touch with a migration agent. With an agent, they can assess if your points will hold. Getting a student visa is still a good way to get in Australia but you will still need to go through one of the PR visas after you graduate. This route is costly but it's the "fastest" way to get in. However, given the current situation, it would take awhile for the borders to open.

neekia1228
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,692Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited June 2021

@migrationvibes said:
    I suggest to get in touch with a migration agent. With an agent, they can assess if your points will hold. Getting a student visa is still a good way to get in Australia but you will still need to go through one of the PR visas after you graduate. This route is costly but it's the "fastest" way to get in. However, given the current situation, it would take awhile for the borders to open.

Student visa is the most expensive way and does not guarantee a PR. It’s something I wouldn’t strongly recommend as an agent to take if the intention is to migrate. The illustration below shows the likelihood of a student visa transitioning into a permanent visa vs a temporary skilled visa transitioning into a pr visa.

If you have an occupation and n the list and meet the eligibility requirements for a 189/190/491, you’re better off taking that route.