Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

"Rare" occupation = faster invite?

Hello po! Ang dami ko pong nakikitang discussions about the relationship of the chosen occupation and the rate of getting an invite.

Tama po ba? -- kung wala masyadong competition yung occupation mo, even though you have less than 80 points, mas mataas ang chance ma-invite compared sa mga may above 80 points pero may competition yung occupation?

Just want to get some thoughts about this. Still waiting for my skills assessment and planning to get a PTE exam next month. Thank you po sa sasagot!

Started my Australian visa journey: Jul 2021

• Jul 01: Since I'm DIYing it, I started learning the whole process
  • Aug 05: Identified my occupation in the skills list; ended up choosing Statistician (224113) because it's the most relevant
  • Aug 18: VETASSESS -- Started collecting all of the necessary documents needed for skills assessment
  • Sep 12: VETASSESS -- Submitted my application to VETASSESS
  • Sep 14: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "Lodged"
  • Sep 16: VETASSESS -- They asked for a clearer copy of my diploma
  • Sep 20: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "In Progress"
  • Oct 04: PTE -- Booked my exam schedule
  • Nov 18: PTE -- Exam date; also on the same day (after an hour), I received my results -- SUPERIOR! (L90,R82,S90,W90)
  • Dec 04: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "Completed"; I received my outcome letter -- POSITIVE!
  • Dec 05: EOI -- Finally lodged the following: 189 (70) | 190 (75)
  • ---

• Mar 19: Earned +5 because of moving to the next work experience bracket: 189 (75) | 190 (80)
  • May 06: Earned +5 because of moving to the next age bracket: 189 (80) | 190 (85)
  • Aug 11: SUBMITTED ROI -- Victoria's state sponsorship just opened!
  • Oct 26: RECEIVED PRE-INVITE -- Waaaaaah!
  • Nov 08: NOMINATION APPROVED & RECEIVED MY 190 ITA FROM DHA!!!
  • Nov 11: APPLICATION LODGED AND PAID!!! -- Submitted together with NBI Clearance and Form 80
  • Nov 17: Medicals day
  • Nov 23: MEDICALS CLEARED
  • ---

• Mar 06: VISA GRANT!!! -- I have no words. Hay grabe talaga
  • July 02: BIG MOVE!!! -- THIS IS IT!!!

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@mariusinbrisbane said:
    Hello po! Ang dami ko pong nakikitang discussions about the relationship of the chosen occupation and the rate of getting an invite.

Tama po ba? -- kung wala masyadong competition yung occupation mo, even though you have less than 80 points, mas mataas ang chance ma-invite compared sa mga may above 80 points pero may competition yung occupation?

Just want to get some thoughts about this. Still waiting for my skills assessment and planning to get a PTE exam next month. Thank you po sa sasagot!

Each occupation has its quota. Invitations will be issued based on your points and your nominated occupation's quota. Not all invites will be issued to applicants with the same nominated occupation with the highest points.

• mariusinbrisbanemariusinbrisbane Posts: 312Member

@fgs said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

Each occupation has its quota. Invitations will be issued based on your points and your nominated occupation's quota. Not all invites will be issued to applicants with the same nominated occupation with the highest points.

Thank you po for the insight! So I'm guessing lower quota means less competition?

• Aug 05: Identified my occupation in the skills list; ended up choosing Statistician (224113) because it's the most relevant
    • Aug 18: VETASSESS -- Started collecting all of the necessary documents needed for skills assessment
    • Nov 18: PTE -- Exam date; also on the same day (after an hour), I received my results -- SUPERIOR! (L90,R82,S90,W90)
    • Dec 04: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "Completed"; I received my outcome letter -- POSITIVE!
    • ---

• Mar 19: Earned +5 because of moving to the next work experience bracket: 189 (75) | 190 (80)
    • May 06: Earned +5 because of moving to the next age bracket: 189 (80) | 190 (85)
    • Nov 11: APPLICATION LODGED AND PAID!!! -- Submitted together with NBI Clearance and Form 80
    • ---

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@fgs said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

Thank you po for the insight! So I'm guessing lower quota means less competition?

Lesser applicants with the same nominated occupation.you still have to compete based on scores with other applicants in the same occupation. The higher the quota and lesser applicants means higher chance to get invited even if youre in the lower score brackets.

mariusinbrisbane
  • engineer20engineer20 Sydney

@mariusinbrisbane I think it should be "in demand skills = higher chance of getting invites"

29May2015: Submitted Online Application to VETASSESS (312112 Building Associate)
    02Jun2015: Lodged Date at VETASSESS
    28Aug2015: VETASSESS Assessment Completed (312112 Building Associate) - POSITIVE
    17Oct2015: PTE-A taken at SG
    19Oct2015: PTE-A Result: L-83, R-90, S-76, W-90 OAS-87
    19Oct2015: Submitted EOI Visa 190 (65 points plus SS 5 points if granted)
    19Oct2015: Submitted VIC SS Online Application Visa 190
    20Oct2015: VIC acknowledged SS application and gave Reference Number
    02Nov2015: VIC SS Application Rejected
    05Nov2015: Submitted Online Reassessment to VETASSESS (312212 Civil Engineering Technician) 08Feb2016: VETASSESS Outcome POSITIVE
    07Nov2015: Updated EOI to select NSW (312112)
    18Dec2015: Received NSW SS Invitation Stream 2
    21Dec2015: Lodged NSW SS Application
    12Jan2016: NSW SS Approved / Visa 190 ITA Received
    29Jan2016: SG PCC (Me) / Medical (Me, Wife and Kid)
    01Feb2016: Medicals Cleared
    05Feb2016: Lodged Visa 190
    18Feb2016: NBI Clearance Applied (Me and Wife) - HIT
    29Feb2016: SG PCC (Wife)
    03Mar2016: Collected and Uploaded NBI Clearance
    04Mar2016: Direct Grant
    07May2016: Initial Entry (Sydney)
    16Jul2017: Big Move
    Oct2020: Lodged Citizenship Application
    May2021: Citizenship Interview and Test
    TBA: Citizenship Ceremony

@fgs said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@fgs said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

Lesser applicants with the same nominated occupation.you still have to compete based on scores with other applicants in the same occupation. The higher the quota and lesser applicants means higher chance to get invited even if youre in the lower score brackets.

Nice sige po. Salamat!

• ---

• ---

@engineer20 said:
    @mariusinbrisbane I think it should be "in demand skills = higher chance of getting invites"

For example po yung ICT Business Analyst, in-demand kasi mataas po quota pero mukhang matindi competition? Parang sinasabi po nila na at least 90 points para mataas taas ang chance of getting invited.

• ---

• ---

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited October 2021

@mariusinbrisbane said:
    For example po yung ICT Business Analyst, in-demand kasi mataas po quota pero mukhang matindi competition? Parang sinasabi po nila na at least 90 points para mataas taas ang chance of getting invited.

There is high competition for in-demand occupations because there is a quota (or limit) to how many they can invite per round. The quota for each occupation is different, depending on the demand for particular states/territory (or Australia in general). If you haven't heard, the allocated slots for general migration in Australia has changed to favor family migration (family sponsored--partner visa, parent visa) in recent years, so the slots for skilled migration has been cut down a lot. With fewer slots allowed for skilled migration, competition has increased even further, so people with really high points are getting invited.

It's possible to get invited with 80 points (65 ang minimum to get ITA), but it depends on the quota and the number of people with more than 85 points on their EOI. If kakaunti lang, then I assume they will first invite people with 85+ points and then 80 points, until the quota is filled. If there's a lot of people with 85+ points, they maybe you're looking at a long wait to get an ITA.

In my opinion, some aspects of the point system feels "unfair," especially if your occupation is in high demand (like healthcare, accounting, IT, and engineering). Those occupations can get higher points due to the Professional Year and STEM-related occupations, which makes it impossible for people outside of those occupations to reach that 90-point threshold, unless you study/work in regional area and have Aussie work experience. :'(

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• brainsapbrainsap QR

@mariusinbrisbane said:

This is somewhat true for my profession. There is less competition for this in-demand occupation, it just requires a minimum of 60 points to be invited, and it takes time to meet the quota. I recall it remaining open till the end of the fiscal year.

ANZSCO: 252411| Age: 30 pts | Education: 15 pts | Experience: 5 pts | English: 10 pts |

25.04.19 - PTE-A |LRSW|70/69/66/77|
    06.05.19 - Lodged OT Council Assessment
    15.05.19 - Positive Assessment from OT Council
    01.08.19 - Submitted EOI for 190 South Australia (SA)
    01.08.19 - Lodged South Australia (SA) State Nomination
    01.10.19 - ITA Received for 190 South Australia (SA)
    07.10.19 - Qatar PCC Received
    18.10.19 - NBI Clearance
    21.10.19 - Medicals at Nationwide Health Systems (Makati City)
    23.10.19 - Health Clearance Provided - No Action Required
    26.10.19 - Visa 190 Lodged
    05.12.19 - CO Contact - PCC
    06.12.19 - Responded to CO Contact

07.01.20 - VISA GRANTED

-

Initial Entry: 16 March 2020

Left Australia: 16 August 2020

-

Back to Australia: 16 June 2021

Left Australia: 29 July 2021

-

Back to Australia: 17 June 2022

Left Australia: 31 July 2022

-

Back To Australia 15 November 2022

Left Australia 11 December 2022

@athelene said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

There is high competition for in-demand occupations because there is a quota (or limit) to how many they can invite per round. The quota for each occupation is different, depending on the demand for particular states/territory (or Australia in general). If you haven't heard, the allocated slots for general migration in Australia has changed to favor family migration (family sponsored--partner visa, parent visa) in recent years, so the slots for skilled migration has been cut down a lot. With fewer slots allowed for skilled migration, competition has increased even further, so people with really high points are getting invited.

It's possible to get invited with 80 points (65 ang minimum to get ITA), but it depends on the quota and the number of people with more than 85 points on their EOI. If kakaunti lang, then I assume they will first invite people with 85+ points and then 80 points, until the quota is filled. If there's a lot of people with 85+ points, they maybe you're looking at a long wait to get an ITA.

In my opinion, some aspects of the point system feels "unfair," especially if your occupation is in high demand (like healthcare, accounting, IT, and engineering). Those occupations can get higher points due to the Professional Year and STEM-related occupations, which makes it impossible for people outside of those occupations to reach that 90-point threshold, unless you study/work in regional area and have Aussie work experience. :'(

Thank you for this insight. Nawweirduhan din nga ako on how you can get more points if you have Australian experience, eh in the first place paano ka magkakaroon ng AU experience kung wala kang visa? :neutral:

• ---

• ---

@brainsap said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

This is somewhat true for my profession. There is less competition for this in-demand occupation, it just requires a minimum of 60 points to be invited, and it takes time to meet the quota. I recall it remaining open till the end of the fiscal year.

Yes, I see you nominated OT. Tama nga po na less competition kasi kakaunti lang kayo, but then in-demand siya, so talagang sought-after kayo. My occupation po kasi is Statistician (224113) and sobrang madalang yung nakikita kong nagaapply for it, based sa FOI.

• ---

• ---

Hi mam @RheaMARN1171933 just want to get your thoughts po.

Nakita ko po kasi ito sa FOI ng Immi site (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2021/fa-210200548-document-released.PDF) and just curious lang po anong ibig sabihin ng "on-hand" in regard to visa applications?

• ---

• ---

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@athelene said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

Thank you for this insight. Nawweirduhan din nga ako on how you can get more points if you have Australian experience, eh in the first place paano ka magkakaroon ng AU experience kung wala kang visa? :neutral:

Some people are legally working here on employer-sponsored visas like visa 482, while others are working here on post-graduate visas like visa 485. Those are some of the ways people are able to get Australian work experience.

• caspersushi24caspersushi24 Mexico

San pala nakikita yung quota per occupation? May ganun ba? :D

234411 Geologist
    18 Nov 2021 : PTE A Results - S90/R72/L80/W73

25 Nov 2021 : VETASSESS - Lodged

30 Apr 2022: VETASSESS - Positive Outcome

6 May 2022: EOI Submitted - WA, SA, NT, VIC, QLD; 190 (75pts) / 491 (85pts)

16 Nov 2022: VETASSESS Reassessment

03 Jan 2023: PTE Retake

@maguero said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@athelene said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

Some people are legally working here on employer-sponsored visas like visa 482, while others are working here on post-graduate visas like visa 485. Those are some of the ways people are able to get Australian work experience.

Oo nga po eh, pero sobrang pili lang talaga yung mga nassponsoran (mostly sa healthcare) and if kung sa ibang profession naman, mostly managerial level na (6+ years of exp).

• ---

• ---

@caspersushi24 said:
    San pala nakikita yung quota per occupation? May ganun ba? :D

Haha, yes meron! Search mo lang yung "Freedom of Information" for Australian migration.

• ---

• ---

• AdminAdmin Singapore

Yea mukhang healthcare and instant invite. all countries need Healthcare workers now.

2010-06 : Lurker at philippines.com.au (previously the #1 Pinoy Australian Forum)
    2010-06 : Started researching on Visa 175 - Target 120pts
    2011-08 : Started prev employer document gathering for ACS skill assessment (0/4)
    2010-12 : Philippines.com.au went offline and created www.pinoyau.info
    2011-03 : 1st child born - AU dream halted
    2014-03 : ACS document - 1/5 emp ref completed
    2015-01: Promoted at work - AU dream halted
    2015-11: ACS document - 1/6 emp ref completed
    2016-09: 2nd child born - AU dream halted
    2018-09: ACS document - 6/8 emp ref completed
    2018-09: Revised all employment references and affidavit from scratch
    2019-03: Completed Revised 8/8 emp ref
    2019-03: PTE Exam - L59,R75,S62,W64 (no preparation)
    2019-07: Favorable Skills Assessment result for Software Eng
    2019-11: PTE Exam - L70,R68,S79,W68 (competent only)
    2020-02: PTE Exam - L79,R79,S86,W76 (grr lack 3pts on Writing)
    2020-03: PTE Exam - L85,R75,S87,W86 (Mar 4 - grr nag increase L, S and W but bumaba 4pts si R!!!!!)
    2020-03 PTE Exam - L81 R79 S90 W81 (Mar 9 - Salamat Lord!!!!)

@Admin said:
    Yea mukhang healthcare and instant invite. all countries need Healthcare workers now.

Ano pong points niyo and what occupation?

• ---

• ---