Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Bakit Australia?

therealaidstherealaids SingaporePosts: 118Member
edited May 2013 in Working in Australia
Bakit Australia ang napili nyong destinasyon at hindi US, or other European country?

Comments

• aussie2xaussie2x Quezon City
    Australia is a great place to live.. good systems in any ways..hanga ako sa health system nila...over all yung government in Australia is good..
  • opfretopfret Singapore
    Australia is a great place to live.. good systems in any ways..hanga ako sa health system nila...over all yung government in Australia is good..
    Nasabi na ni aussie2x ung mga major, dagdag ko lang na pampamilya talaga ang design ng systema sa bansang ito.
  • chickiechickie Posts: 5Member
    1 - weather lalo na ang Brisbane :)
    2 - malapit sa Pinas
    3 - maganda ang system ng government
    4 - language
    5 - australians are the most polite people on earth
  • OnynzOnynz Posts: 2Member
    Bakit hindi?

Well besides sa mga nabanggit nila... I believe compared to other destination US, Europe or Other Asian countries... Australia's over all state as a country is still in infancy... where most people still has room to grow professionally and economically...
  • veenus18phveenus18ph Mandaluyong
    kasi they are very welcoming sa mga migrants kasi they have a very big country to fill.
  • VivGVivG Bundoora
    Finally Filos are discovering that Australia is a better place to live, since even USA Filos are migrating to Australia. Less crime, less pollution, better quality of life, more jobs and more economic stability. One bonus is also that the Philippines is half the plane trip away - seven hours vs twice that from the US.
  • bmacbmac Posts: 22Member
    http://www.theage.com.au/travel/travel-news/melbourne-beats-sydney-in-worlds-most-liveable-city-rankings-20110221-1b29d.html

Vancouver topped the list of the world's most liveable cities for the fifth straight year, while Melbourne claimed second place from Vienna and Australian and Canadian cities dominated the list's top 10 spots.

Sydney was in seventh place.

In the annual survey by the Economist Intelligence Unit, the Canadian west coast city and 2010 Winter Olympics host scored 98 per cent on a combination of stability, health care, culture and environment, education, and infrastructure -- a score unchanged from last year.

Advertisement: Story continues below Vancouver has topped the list from 2007.

Although Melbourne pipped the Austrian capital for silver medal, there was no other major change near the top of the list of 140 cities worldwide. Auckland, New Zealand, came in 10th.

"Mid-sized cities in developed countries with relatively low population densities tend to score well by having all the cultural and infrastructural benefits on offer with fewer problems related to crime or congestion," said Jon Copestake, editor of the report, in a statement.

Pittsburgh was the top US city with 29th place - just ahead of Honolulu - while Los Angeles moved up three places to 44th and New York held onto the 56th spot.

London moved up one place to 53rd while Paris came in at number 16.

The top Asian city was Osaka at number 12, tying Geneva, Switzerland and beating out the Japanese capital of Tokyo, which came in at 18.

Hong Kong came in at 31 but Beijing, capital of the world's most populous nation and No. 2 economy, straggled in at 72.

There was also little change at the bottom, with Harare, the capital of Zimbabwe, once again claiming the worst position with a rating of 37.5 percent, narrowing beating out the Bangladesh capital of Dhaka.

The Economist Intelligence Unit survey ranks cities based on 30 factors such as healthcare, culture and environment, and education and personal safety.

Following is a list of the top 10 most liveable cities as ranked by The Economist Intelligence Unit:

1. Vancouver, Canada

2. Melbourne, Australia

3. Vienna, Austria

4. Toronto, Canada

5. Calgary, Canada

6. Helsinki, Finland

7. Sydney, Australia

8. (equal) Perth, Australia

8. (equal) Adelaide, Australia

10. Auckland, New Zealand

The bottom 10 cities were:

1. Harare, Zimbabwe

2. Dhaka , Bangladesh

3. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

4. Lagos, Nigeria

5. Algiers , Algeria

6. Karachi, Pakistan

7. Douala, Cameroon

8. Tehran, Iran

9. Dakar, Senegal

10. Colombo, Sri Lanka

Reuters
  • ylaiylai Kuala Lumpur
    hello. new here. would like to know your thoughts on why you prefer Oz over Nz? thanks.

Time Line:
    09-08-2011: ACS received physical documents
    10-13-2011: ACS result (PIM3, Group A)

my info is. mas madami work opportunities dito sa Oz compared to NZ.
  • mimaahkmimaahk Singapore
    Hi! Just like to ask opinion nyo lalo na sa mga currently naka-base din Singapore... sa palagay nyo what are the major advantages and disadvantages between living in SG and OZ? I'm thinking din kasi kung san mas madali maka-ipon specially for a family.
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Bakit Australia ang napili nyong destinasyon at hindi US, or other European country?
    1. Beautiful country

2. Medicare

3. Regular 7.5 working hours 5 days a week

4. Career opportunity

5. Labour Law are well implemented

6. Good salary

7. Yearly bonus

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• ylaiylai Kuala Lumpur
    @bmac: I believe you're referring to opportunities in general but I'm really more focused on the IT market since that's where our profession belongs to and based on my research, NZ also has a wide demand for IT professionals. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Time Line:

@bmac: I believe you're referring to opportunities in general but I'm really more focused on the IT market since that's where our profession belongs to and based on my research, NZ also has a wide demand for IT professionals. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
    follow your heart and mind. try mo NZ basahin mo yung immigration site nila about IT. Daming IT na dito sa Australia.

Goodluck, cheers

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM

"To God be the glory"

• ylaiylai Kuala Lumpur
    @totoyozresident: that's the problem, both my heart and mind are confused at this point in time... seems Oz and NZ offers the same benefits one is looking for in a near-to-ideal place to live and raise a family... i've also done my research on NZ and i've been to different forums too... i just want to find that thin line that could tell which country is better off than the other :D

Time Line:

when you compare both country. this days Australia is more ahead than NZ when it comes in economy. mag decide ka in long term not only today. at ang NZ maaganda din ang economy. Actually kapag NZ citizen ka puede ka naman mag cross country. madali kana makapasok sa australia. Sa Ngayun napakalaki ng agwat ng Australia sa NZ pagdating sa economy. pati na rin sa trabaho. dipende sa skills. Like mostly mga engineers sa NZ dito lumilipat. for me i research mo muna kung anung state yung pupuntahan mo sa NZ at ng Australia then compare it. kung anu yung information nila. ipag pray mo din na bigayn ka ni GOD ng gabay at ng tamang decision. GOD bless
    IM_MD

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

@totoyozresident: that's the problem, both my heart and mind are confused at this point in time... seems Oz and NZ offers the same benefits one is looking for in a near-to-ideal place to live and raise a family... i've also done my research on NZ and i've been to different forums too... i just want to find that thin line that could tell which country is better off than the other :D
    hi i think you need to compare their offer kung yung alin ang mgandang offer at kung may assurance at kung long term at kung pupuede ka ba mag apply ng PR until citizen. NZ di pa ganun siguro kahigpit when it comes appying PR at citizen ship but it depend on your skills indemand. then check kung anung lugar or state ng both countries NZ at OZ. check their general information tulad ng mga bilihin, bahay. I research mo na lang dito sa internet. just pray to GOd for his guidance. GOd bless and Good luck.

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

• ylaiylai Kuala Lumpur
    @totoyozresident: thanks for taking the time to respond. i really appreciate it. and i agree with you 100%... we need God's guidance and enlightenment especially on big decisions like this... thanks again... but this will not be my last post... hehehe... hope you'll still find time to respond :D

Time Line:

• therealaidstherealaids Singapore
    Admin / Aolee, dapat parangalan natin si TotoyOZresident ng award sa walang sawang pag respond sa amin. pa-request naman ng badge dyan. sa ibang forum may mga badge sila na nilalagay sa avatar pa request naman. \:D/
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    @therealaidshehe oo sige nasa plan nanamin ni John yan. medyo busy lang lately. balak namin pati ung top posters magkaron ng badges. :D at syempre hindi na ko kasali don :-bd

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

Please spare some time to read our "Rules" located at the bottom of the page.

edited July 2011
    Great that's good idea. cheers \:D/

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

you may want to browse seek.com to see ang dami ng vacancy sa IT.

• ylaiylai Kuala Lumpur
    @bmac: yep been to the site and i do see a lot of IT opportunities... thanks! I've finally decided to go for Oz... May the good Lord bless my plans :)

Time Line:

cheers mate
  • bonzibonzi Melbourne
    sa Oz, pagapproved na un PR visa mo, Permanent resident ka na agad. kahit anong trabaho pwde.
    sa NZ, u need to work at least 6 months in NZ, at dapat related sa skill mo ang job na un, if not, hinde ka magiging PR.
    i have lots of officemates na nagmove from NZ to Oz. ( mostly asians). mas malaki daw kse sweldo. hehe
  • bonzibonzi Melbourne
    if u compare SG and OZ.. Working hours, OZ - 8, SG -10+ ( kulang nalng tahihan ka ng amo mo sa pagtulog!)
    eto lng panalo na ang OZ. haha! plus free healthcare.
    edited July 2011
    if u compare SG and OZ.. Working hours, OZ - 8, SG -10+ ( kulang nalng tahihan ka ng amo mo sa pagtulog!)
    actually ang OZ ang regular working hours ay 7.5 hours at usually flexible ang working time dito. pag na late ka punuin mo yung 7.5 mo. Dipende rin naman sa nature ng work mo. Sa engineering work madalas nag eextend kami dipende sa trabaho kung maraming pending at rush pero normally yung design engineers ang nag eextend ng hours kasi malaki ang mga sahod nila.

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    HAHAHA oo nga Bonzi. i remember nung sa CPF pa ko nagwowork. madugo! inaabot ko ng 2am. tapos masasamahan pa ng masahol na indian na teammate? im not a racist. meron lang akong nakasamang satanas nag indian before. kahit kapwa indian e galit sa kanya. hehehe

so far napansin ko lang sa SG, like ako ngayon... puti ang amo ko. mababait sila... 8hrs naman ang work, kaya kung balak m sa SG magwork humanap ka ng among Puti. or mga company from EUROPE na ng expand sa SG. just my opinion

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    actually ang OZ ang regular working hours ay 7.5 hours at usually flexible ang working time dito. pag na late ka punuin mo yung 7.5 mo. Dipende rin naman sa nature ng work mo. Sa engineering work madalas nag eextend kami dipende sa trabaho kung maraming pending at rush pero normally yung design engineers ang nag eextend ng hours kasi malaki ang mga sahod nila.
    wow TotoyOZResident, sarap naman 7.5 hrs lang! standard ba yun dyan? tapos flexi time pa.

edited July 2011
    yup OZ at NZ lang ata ang 7.5 yung iba tulad ng pinas at US ay 8 hours. Yung Flexible time dipende sa nature ng business at company. pero sa engineering kadalasan ganun dito. staka tinutupad talaga ng mga company dito kung anu yung nasa batas pagdating sa labor like vacation leave at sick leave. balance ang life at work dito. Madalas pa magkape ang mga locals lalo pag winter masarap kape dito brewed. Pagdating sa beer daming brand mapagpipilian pero isa o dalawang bote lang bawal ang maglasing unless kapag di ka ma dra-drive ng kotse. okay yun lang... cheers

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

• bonzibonzi Melbourne
    wah! baket ako 8 hrs a day dito sa melbourne=(
    aolee, naku, madugo tlga sa cpf, pati sa citibank, pinago-OT ka na nga, sisigawan ka pa!
    sa SG, nagwork ako sa french company, more than 8 hrs din ang trabaho. minsan hinihiritan pa ako ng 'half day ka?" pag umuwi ako ng 6pm. (anak ng!!!)
    depende tlga siguro. minalas lng ako:((