Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

2022 Migration-related Prospects/Predictions

Hello! I want to start this thread po sana para sa mga nag-d-DIY like me. Let's use this one to keep everyone up to date with the latest news about Australia's migration plans for 2022.

Since DIY lang po ako, I always make myself updated with any kind of progression in regards to Australia's migration plans. Please share credible news articles, YouTube videos, or social media posts/announcements that you think are relevant to the topic.

Thanks! :smiley:

Started my Australian visa journey: Jul 2021

• Jul 01: Since I'm DIYing it, I started learning the whole process
  • Aug 05: Identified my occupation in the skills list; ended up choosing Statistician (224113) because it's the most relevant
  • Aug 18: VETASSESS -- Started collecting all of the necessary documents needed for skills assessment
  • Sep 12: VETASSESS -- Submitted my application to VETASSESS
  • Sep 14: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "Lodged"
  • Sep 16: VETASSESS -- They asked for a clearer copy of my diploma
  • Sep 20: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "In Progress"
  • Oct 04: PTE -- Booked my exam schedule
  • Nov 18: PTE -- Exam date; also on the same day (after an hour), I received my results -- SUPERIOR! (L90,R82,S90,W90)
  • Dec 04: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "Completed"; I received my outcome letter -- POSITIVE!
  • Dec 05: EOI -- Finally lodged the following: 189 (70) | 190 (75)
  • ---

• Mar 19: Earned +5 because of moving to the next work experience bracket: 189 (75) | 190 (80)
  • May 06: Earned +5 because of moving to the next age bracket: 189 (80) | 190 (85)
  • Aug 11: SUBMITTED ROI -- Victoria's state sponsorship just opened!
  • Oct 26: RECEIVED PRE-INVITE -- Waaaaaah!
  • Nov 08: NOMINATION APPROVED & RECEIVED MY 190 ITA FROM DHA!!!
  • Nov 11: APPLICATION LODGED AND PAID!!! -- Submitted together with NBI Clearance and Form 80
  • Nov 17: Medicals day
  • Nov 23: MEDICALS CLEARED
  • ---

• Mar 06: VISA GRANT!!! -- I have no words. Hay grabe talaga
  • July 02: BIG MOVE!!! -- THIS IS IT!!!

Comments

• mariusinbrisbanemariusinbrisbane Posts: 312Member

I saw this one recently: https://sbs.com.au/news/australia-looks-to-migrants-to-boost-country-s-recovery-from-covid-19/2316d04b-9cfd-44e1-bfe8-9486230f8731

Based on the article, they're planning to take in additional 120k migrants in the next 2 years on top of the 160k planning level. This is in connection with their COVID-19 economic recovery. Hopefully totoo ito para more invites na next year!

Started my Australian visa journey: Jul 2021

• Jul 01: Since I'm DIYing it, I started learning the whole process
    • Aug 05: Identified my occupation in the skills list; ended up choosing Statistician (224113) because it's the most relevant
    • Aug 18: VETASSESS -- Started collecting all of the necessary documents needed for skills assessment
    • Sep 12: VETASSESS -- Submitted my application to VETASSESS
    • Sep 14: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "Lodged"
    • Sep 16: VETASSESS -- They asked for a clearer copy of my diploma
    • Sep 20: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "In Progress"
    • Oct 04: PTE -- Booked my exam schedule
    • Nov 18: PTE -- Exam date; also on the same day (after an hour), I received my results -- SUPERIOR! (L90,R82,S90,W90)
    • Dec 04: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "Completed"; I received my outcome letter -- POSITIVE!
    • Dec 05: EOI -- Finally lodged the following: 189 (70) | 190 (75)
    • ---

• Mar 19: Earned +5 because of moving to the next work experience bracket: 189 (75) | 190 (80)
    • May 06: Earned +5 because of moving to the next age bracket: 189 (80) | 190 (85)
    • Aug 11: SUBMITTED ROI -- Victoria's state sponsorship just opened!
    • Oct 26: RECEIVED PRE-INVITE -- Waaaaaah!
    • Nov 08: NOMINATION APPROVED & RECEIVED MY 190 ITA FROM DHA!!!
    • Nov 11: APPLICATION LODGED AND PAID!!! -- Submitted together with NBI Clearance and Form 80
    • Nov 17: Medicals day
    • Nov 23: MEDICALS CLEARED
    • ---

• Mar 06: VISA GRANT!!! -- I have no words. Hay grabe talaga
    • July 02: BIG MOVE!!! -- THIS IS IT!!!