Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Single Migrants

kickerzkickerz SingaporePosts: 103Member
edited August 2013 in Other Migration Topic
I want to hear the sentiments of all Singles out there who are planning to migrate to australia; what are your considerations? if you're currently working in other countries (esp singapore), are you ready to leave your current life and take your risk in other countries like australia?

and to those who already migrated in australia. is it really worth it? sumagi po ba sa isip nyo na bumalik sa singapore or kung san kayo nagwork dati?

i'm talking to singles who don't have any friends there in oz and ready to start a new life from scratch.

June 2013 - started collecting documents

Nov 2013 - completed documents (notarized and certified)

Dec 2013 - ACS Application Submission - Stage 1

Feb 2014 - Received positive ACS results - ICT Support Engineer

Comments

• staycoolstaycool Sydney
    @kickerz hello there...are you going to Oz?...are you currently processing your VISA or have been granted one already?

Ako po, single, flying to Oz early next year...

As regards your question if I am READY to leave my current life and take the risk down under...to be honest with you, I am not THAT ready yet since there are a lot of preps. to be done but I have at least 6 months to prepare myself: emotionally, financially, psychologically, and as some put it, ABNORMALLY too...hehe

I believe that all this effort will be worth it..it MUST be...no room for negativity here...In the first place, ginusto ko to kaya ko nga pinlano. I am ready to take that leap of faith for a chance for a better and brighter future. I am ambitous and I want the best for myself, and for my future family. I don't want to look back in my life and realize mga "what ifs"... GOD has granted me this VISA and I believe HE has a better plan for me. HE directed my life to this and I have faith that all hardships will have an end...

Sa trabaho naman, kahit naman sino naghihirap maghanap sa umpisa, almost losing hope kung walang makita... kaya nga we need to prepare ourselves for all these...expect it coming. There will be friends along the way who can help us get through this. Dito sa pinoyau nagkaroon na din ako ng mga kaibigan kahit hindi ko pa nakikita. They give me hope and encourage me. That is enough for me to know na I am not alone in my journey.

I hope kahit papaano I have answered your question... don't worry, hindi ka nag-iisa...hehe >:D<
    • via MARA Agent
      CPA Australia 040912 : NSW SS 030812 : EOI first lodged 081312 : 1st Invitation 083112 : Updated EOI 110812 : 2nd Invitation 032713 : Lodged App 040213 : CO 042213 : medicals: 050213...visa granted (thank YOU LORD!) 060513 ... IED to NSW 03XX14 ??
  • NadineNadine Brisbane
    edited August 2013
    That's cool, @staycool! Hehehe.

Tuh-muh, di nag-iisa! Wag ka mag worry much about making friends, madami naman ikaw makikilala pinoys along the way. Go lang ng go (kahit daunting minsan, sa totoo lang).

Ok nga yung sa inyo, PR na agad. Ako, I'm still working on it. Pero ika nga, iba-iba naman tayo challenges. So... sulong mga kapatid :D

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged
    7 Jan 2013 - medical finalised
    8 Jan 2013 - visa approved

• gemini23gemini23 Win
    Alam nyo, ganyan din iniisip ko, i worry about migrating to cuz baka pagsisihan ko lng pag wala akong makuhang job kaya until now hindi ako maka-usad usad. Kasi naman hindi naman biro ang effort and money to apply for a visa tas in the end pala wala mangyari sa akin jan...hindi naman sa negative ako kaya lng we also look on the consequences di ba.

Follow your heart but trust your gut.

• icebreaker1928icebreaker1928 Sydney
    sa mga nag-aagam agam kung aalis kayo sa Pinas o hindi... ito bigyan ko kayo ng inspirasyon

This is where our taxes go... naimbitahan ba kayo? ako kasi hindi e...

ito pa isa...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151894159254453&set=a.10150441841044453.385336.142802334452&type=1&relevant_count=1

enjoy... hope it will make your decision wiser :D
  • NadineNadine Brisbane
    Oo, no room for doubt. Apply for visa now. Bago pa man mag-iba na ulit rules.

Saka na lang isipin kung may visa na. At malamang by then, masasayangan ka na din sa visa. :D

In short, this is as good time as any to come. In a few years, baka di na ganito ang magiging opportunity natin. As it is, mga Briton, Canadian, nagsisidatingan na. Competition na din yan sila.

P.S. Akala ko to si Napoles, madami pera. I guess hindi nabibili ng pera ang delikadesa and sentido common.

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged

cool!!

add ko lang po ulit para sa mga aspirants...sometimes, we just have to have faith sa selves natin...sarili lang naman natin ang makakatulong sa sarili natin eh...tayo lang din po ang makakapag-angat sa sarili natin...and faith kay LORD most of all!

isa pa, nakaabot po tayo sa "ganitong graduate tayo ng magandang career", and yung iba nga nakayanan nilang makakuha ng visa at magkaroon ng magandang buhay sa ibang bansa...why can't we? di ba? if not NOW, then WHEN?..If not US, then WHO?...hehe...mga ganung bagay lang...

honestly, tao lang po ako, at nakakaramdam ng sobra sobrang takot sa gagawin ko...nagkakaroon ng mga doubts sa sarili ko...na baka wala akong trabahong makuha, wala akong magandang kinabukasan dun...there are "specific others" who are trying to discourage me na kesyo bakit magpapaalipin sa mga dayuhan, and na ang pag-iibang bansa ay hindi para sa lahat...mga workds of DISCOURAGEMENTS kumbaga...hay, ang ginagawa ko sa mga ganyan, dinedelete ko, tanggalin mga taong ganyan sa buhay mo...haha!!...dapat mapaligiran tayo ng positive people...people who are willing to help and support us sa PAG-ANGAT at hindi sa PAGLUBOG natin...ayt??
    • via MARA Agent
      CPA Australia 040912 : NSW SS 030812 : EOI first lodged 081312 : 1st Invitation 083112 : Updated EOI 110812 : 2nd Invitation 032713 : Lodged App 040213 : CO 042213 : medicals: 050213...visa granted (thank YOU LORD!) 060513 ... IED to NSW 03XX14 ??
  • kickerzkickerz Singapore
    @kickerz hello there...are you going to Oz?...are you currently processing your VISA or have been granted one already?

Ako po, single, flying to Oz early next year...

As regards your question if I am READY to leave my current life and take the risk down under...to be honest with you, I am not THAT ready yet since there are a lot of preps. to be done but I have at least 6 months to prepare myself: emotionally, financially, psychologically, and as some put it, ABNORMALLY too...hehe

I believe that all this effort will be worth it..it MUST be...no room for negativity here...In the first place, ginusto ko to kaya ko nga pinlano. I am ready to take that leap of faith for a chance for a better and brighter future. I am ambitous and I want the best for myself, and for my future family. I don't want to look back in my life and realize mga "what ifs"... GOD has granted me this VISA and I believe HE has a better plan for me. HE directed my life to this and I have faith that all hardships will have an end...

Sa trabaho naman, kahit naman sino naghihirap maghanap sa umpisa, almost losing hope kung walang makita... kaya nga we need to prepare ourselves for all these...expect it coming. There will be friends along the way who can help us get through this. Dito sa pinoyau nagkaroon na din ako ng mga kaibigan kahit hindi ko pa nakikita. They give me hope and encourage me. That is enough for me to know na I am not alone in my journey.

I hope kahit papaano I have answered your question... don't worry, hindi ka nag-iisa...hehe >:D<
    maraming salamat sa encouraging words, may tama to sa kin hehe. sa ngayon nagkukumpleto ako ng requirements for ACS, soon baka magpa assessed na rin. sobrang dilemma kasi, tulad ni gemini di ako maka usad, palagi ko tinatanong sarili ko kung ready na ba ako, anyway magpapa assessed pa lang naman ako, masyado advance ang isip ko. malay ko ba 1yr or 2yrs from now gustong gusto ko ng mag migrate sa aus, pera lang naman ang mawawala sa ngayon, kaya mas maigi na ituloy ko na.

go lang ng go habang may buhay...heheh
    • via MARA Agent
  • bluemaxxbluemaxx San Fernando
    I agree, just keep moving forward lang. Have faith in yourself na kakayanin mo ang bagong buhay sa Oz and have faith rin kay God na di ka nya pababayaan. I'm sure everything will turn out well. We are pinoy at kaya natin magtagumpay sa kahit nsan pa tau.

Job: Mechanical Engineer

17 August - IELTS exam (sana makuha desired band score).
    19 August - CDR preparation

• spykes78spykes78 North Ryde
    Ako din single nag migrate sa Australia. When i lodged the visa i don't know anyone and my only prayer is Lord send me people who can help me along the way. Buti nga ngayon may forum na where a lot offers help, encouragement at support. Ako noon naiyak lang mag isa every night missing my family but those tears made me stronger and closer to God. I do believe in the saying where God wills His provision will follow. Slowly God's blessings keep flowing. Pag smooth sailing po kasi masyado ang journey natin then we won't be able to appreciate what we've achieved. Sa situation ko kasi i can help my family in the phils if i am earning money here lalo na pag magkasakit libo libo ang gastusin tapos hindi naman ganun kadali maka ipon ng pera.
    May reason kaya na approve visa nyo so keep the faith.
    Ako din single nag migrate sa Australia. When i lodged the visa i don't know anyone and my only prayer is Lord send me people who can help me along the way. Buti nga ngayon may forum na where a lot offers help, encouragement at support. Ako noon naiyak lang mag isa every night missing my family but those tears made me stronger and closer to God. I do believe in the saying where God wills His provision will follow. Slowly God's blessings keep flowing. Pag smooth sailing po kasi masyado ang journey natin then we won't be able to appreciate what we've achieved. Sa situation ko kasi i can help my family in the phils if i am earning money here lalo na pag magkasakit libo libo ang gastusin tapos hindi naman ganun kadali maka ipon ng pera.
    Toink, sorry dalawa na post...hindi ako IT kaya medyo mali mali :)
    salute to you sir @spykes78!!...ilang years na po kayo jan?...i bet you already brought your family there with you...heheh
    • via MARA Agent
    @staycool ask lang po, contented na po ba kayo jan? how your life started there? mahirap po ba?

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Very chalenging ang mag-isa lang sa Oz. Napakahirap ng journey back to zero ka talaga pero kaya nyo yan. Hindi ganun kadali It take years bago maging stable ang pamumuhay ninyo dito. Importante ang faith, lakas ng loob at strategy. I suggest sa mga single dito kapag nakarating na kayo dito maghanap kayu ng church na mapupuntahan nyo every sunday. Baka may filipino din dun. Malamang baka dito nyo pa makilala ang lifetime partner ninyo. Paki pindot na lang ang "Like" :D Thanks, Good luck and God bless always.

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

@staycool 8+yrs wala pa din ako relative dito kasi hindi ko makuha parents ko dahil marami kasi kami so tourist visa na lang hanggang 1 yr kinukuha ko. I started a family in here na din ngayon may 3.5 yr old daughter na ako. Brothers ko all married at may family na din pati sister ko so medyo may complication na.
    You get to meet a lot people and weed out the bad ones, surround yourself with a few trustworthy friends and you are all good to start a wonderful life in Australia.
    @staycool ask lang po, contented na po ba kayo jan? how your life started there? mahirap po ba?
    sir, wala pa po ako sa Aus..next year pa po ako lilipad dun...nakakatakot sa totoo lang pero kelangan lakasan ang loob eh...heheh
    • via MARA Agent
    @spykes78 ay cutiee..you already started your family there...tama nga si @TotoyOZresident na makikita mo din pala jan ang "future" mo...heheh.
    i am glad that all has turned out WELL...and i believe aLL WILL TURN OUT THE BEST for me soon...(positive vibes!!) :-bd
    • via MARA Agent
    nakakalakas ng loob at nakakamotivate ang mga posts hehe.

galing po kayo ng pinas?

• NadineNadine Brisbane
    edited August 2013
    @staycool 8+yrs wala pa din ako relative dito kasi hindi ko makuha parents ko dahil marami kasi kami so tourist visa na lang hanggang 1 yr kinukuha ko. I started a family in here na din ngayon may 3.5 yr old daughter na ako. Brothers ko all married at may family na din pati sister ko so medyo may complication na.
    You get to meet a lot people and weed out the bad ones, surround yourself with a few trustworthy friends and you are all good to start a wonderful life in Australia.
    Thanks for a nice advice spykes78! And that's a nice story too...

Kudos to you and your family!! :)

P.S. Will pm you ha, medyo anxious ako in making the move to sydney.

-edited by mod-
    pls. don't post the real name here. that's why we have forum names.

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged

• loudandclearloudandclear Sydney
    nice...thanks for inspiring us. :)

Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

• doubleDuzidoubleDuzi Adelaide
    sus, wag matakot! buti nga kayo single, kahit saan kayo itapon pwede. walang "asawang maiiwan", "di pede kasi malayo sa school ng anak ko", "5 hrs lng ako pede kasi susunduin ko pa anak ko", etc. kung single ka (yung totoong single at walang selosang girlfriend) wala kang hassle, kahit ma assign ka pang cleaner sa mining site, potek $100/hr yun. pag may trabaho na, solong solo mo ang dolyare$$$ - mag invest agad, ipon, kung kaya ng sweldo mo mag uni ka o tafe, bili ka kahit ano, kahit white chics mabibili mo, kaso per hour yun haha! pag nagsawa ka na, mag asawa ka pinay, wag puti kasi "di maasahan" mga yun. pang trophy lang. ika nga sa inglis: if you know what I mean, hehehe...

isipin nio 20s pa lang kayu pinalad kayu at andito na kayu. yung iba 40+ pa bago naisipang mag oz. maghanda lang kayo ng dalawang items: financial at mental hehe. FINANCIAL kasi mahal dito. lahat mahal sa oz, kahit band aid mahal! MENTAL naman kasi malaki ang oz at kunti pinoy dito. minsan sa isang buwan, 1-3 pinoy lang makikita mo hehe! sa adelaide yan, di ko alam sa ibang state. sa una ok pero pag natagalan ka dito at walang steady na trabaho, walang kakilala, etc baka mabaliw ka. kung single ka sa nsw, qnsland, o victoria ka bagay. wag adelaide baka masira-an ka ng bait dito.

CONGRATS AT GOODLUCK SA INYO!

~ Where do you think he went!??!! A walk in the woods!???!!?!?

• Khaosan_RoadKhaosan_Road Melbourne
    sa mga first time mawawalay sa Lupang Hinirang, expect mo na na mahihirapan ka sa simula.. period of adjustment ika nga nila... pero normal lang yan ;)... pero dun sa mga nangibang bansa na.. piece of a cake na lang ung emotional/mental struggles... more of financial ang paghandaan hehe.

Analyst Programmer (ANZSCO Code 261311)
    11-05-11: IELTS Exam Result (L-6.5, R-8.5, W-7, S-8)
    11-28-12: Submitted requirements to ACS
    01-08-13: ACS Suitable
    01-08-13: Submitted EOI
    01-21-13: Received invitation to lodge a Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189)
    02-06-13: Lodged visa application
    02-06-13: Performed Medical exam
    03-22-13: CO Allocated (Team 06 GSM Adelaide, JH)
    03-27-13: Submitted PH Police Clearance, Form 80
    04-26-13: Submitted MY and TH Police Clearance, payslips
    05-13-13: VISA GRANT!
    10-29-13: Initial Entry (Melbourne)

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    Single and ready to mingle :D

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

haha...single and ready to mingle ka jan...pagalitan ka ng asawa mo uy @TotoyOZresident!
    • via MARA Agent
  • rockyrocky Mandaluyong
    May single female 25-30 ba dyan na pwede i-date ngayon? :)
  • lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    edited August 2013
    awww.. ayan na ayan na... dating site na to.. hehe
    meron bang millionnaire dyan? hahah..

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

• NadineNadine Brisbane
    Thanks for a nice advice spykes78! And that's a nice story too...

Kudos to you and your family!! :)

P.S. Will pm you ha, medyo anxious ako in making the move to sydney.

-edited by mod-
    pls. don't post the real name here. that's why we have forum names.
    Oh, did I offend anyone? I wasn't chastised before when I called a forumer her real name. Apologies, I wasn't thinking this one through.

My bad.

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged

• chitonerichitoneri Quezon City
    @doubleDuzi tol tanong lang kasi hirap ako mag decide kung sydney o adelaide. ayokong mag melbourne. may nakita ako sa youtube na parang di ko nagustuhan. sa mga nababasa ko naman sobrang mahal buhay sa sydney. marami na akong magagandang info regarding south australia pero parang kabado ako. wala akong kakilala buong australia kaya solong solo ko lahat once nandyan na ako. ilang taon ka na ba dyan tol? ano ba ma suggest mo sa kaso ko? adelaide ba o sydney? single and ready to mingle ako. san ba madaling makatikim ng australiana sydney o adelaide? lol joke!
    • IELTS (L7.5,R8,W7,S7)
    • EOI 09/08/2013
    • Invite 20/08/2013
    • Lodge 189 21/08/2013