Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa - to include family or not?

Hello po. Mag aapply po ako ng student visa (school application for Master degree is underway). I received different advice po about including my family in the initial application of the visa.
1 - Lodge a SV for myself only, and then once SV is granted, then I will apply for my spouse and my two children (both under 18 years old)
2 - Include my spouse and my two kids in my initial application.

Which one po ba dapat? Thank you po sa sasagot. :smile:

Comments

• lunarcatlunarcat Posts: 376Member

@abbysihco said:
    Hello po. Mag aapply po ako ng student visa (school application for Master degree is underway). I received different advice po about including my family in the initial application of the visa.
    1 - Lodge a SV for myself only, and then once SV is granted, then I will apply for my spouse and my two children (both under 18 years old)
    2 - Include my spouse and my two kids in my initial application.

Which one po ba dapat? Thank you po sa sasagot. :smile:

I've known people na dinala nila yong family on student visa. You need to carefully assess po sa school ng mga bata, health benefits, etc knowing hindi pa eligible for govt perks on temporary visa.

If money/finance isn't an issue, better bring your family para makakasama mo sila 😊

haringkingkingEricZabbysihco

ANZSCO 261111 ICT Business Analyst | 189 - 75 | 190 (NSW) - 80 | 419 (NSW) - 90
    Oct 2019 - Started my journey to πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί as a SV holder (Diploma and Adv. diploma of IT)
    Feb 2020 - Arrived in Au - Thank you Lord!
    Oct 2022 - Granted Visa TSS 482 (Medium stream)
    Jun 2023 - Start of my PR journey (Thank you, Lord para sa biyaya and opportunity!)
    15 June 2023 - Consulted IMES and Immi Visa
    22 June 2023 - Submitted all documents for ACS Skills Assessment
    05 July 2023 - Submitted additional doco to IMES
    27 July 2023 - Lodged ACS Assessment
    08 Sept 2023 - PTE (Proficient)
    25 Oct 2023 - Received ACS positive result after 13 weeks
    27 Oct 2023 - EOI Lodgement
    30 Oct 2023 - Corrected EOI for work experience claimed points
    --Waiting for pre-invite--

• RuCheRuChe Melbourne

Not sure what will be the difference of applying visa for the family after your SV is granted. Malaki lang talaga gagastusin pag kasama family because mahal ang insurance ng dependents and also need to show proof that you can support the kids' education and other expenses.

abbysihco
  • abbysihcoabbysihco Posts: 36Member

My children are 14 and 16 years old. Do they need english test pa ba para makapasok ng school doon? Though kids these days can really speak English. the medium of instruction is English in school. mas hirap na nga sila mag Tagalog kesa mag English.... but, would it be required? Thanks po.