Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Professional Certificate EIT for Student Visa Subclass 500

Magandang ganda po! Baguhin po ako dito 😁 nice meeting you

Magtatanong lang sana kung pasok ba yung Professional Certificate sa Subclass 500 Student Visa? 😅
Gaya po nito prof. Certificate from EIT:
https://bit.ly/3B8VCpY
https://bit.ly/3xdqt3r

Naghahanap lang ng pinakamurang pathway muna. Kasi di ko pa afford yung mga postgrad offers ko, baka iddefer ko muna yun.

Sana may makatulong :)))

Comments

• clemenchiuclemenchiu Posts: 3Member

Sorry, maganda gabi pala!

Anyway, di kasi ako sure. Kasi yung nakita ko lang PhD, Master, Bachelors, Cert I-IV, VET Diploma/Advanced Diploma 😬

Bale naghahanap lang talagang pinakamurang Student pathway. I guess CertI-IV yung next around 11k AUD?

• atheleneathelene Brisbane

@clemenchiu said:

Anyway, di kasi ako sure. Kasi yung nakita ko lang PhD, Master, Bachelors, Cert I-IV, VET Diploma/Advanced Diploma 😬

Bale naghahanap lang talagang pinakamurang Student pathway. I guess CertI-IV yung next around 11k AUD?

Student visa is not a cheap pathway, no matter what you study. Which one to choose depends on your migration pathway, like kung may background ka in what you will study or if you're completely changing careers. VET is usually the cheapest, but cost will depend on which program it is. Expect to pay AUD 15-20k per year, and target at least a Diploma or Advanced Diploma (qualifications that are lower than a bachelor degree), whichever is the minimum educational qualification required to get a positive skills assessment for the occupation you want to nominate. You need to be strategic on what to study, otherwise you'd be wasting your hard-earned money and time.

The courses you've proposed are only short courses, which are only 3 months long each, and they do not have a CRICOS code attached to it. You would not be able to get a student visa with those courses. To get a student visa, your program needs to be CRICOS registered and you need to study full-time (which means studying 4 subjects per semester) in order to get a student visa. If the program is not CRICOS registered, those programs are typically only open or available for domestic/Australian students (as they don't need a visa). You'll need to do your due diligence and research further which programs are CRICOS registered first, before worrying about the cost.

eris0819clemenchiu

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• eris0819eris0819 Posts: 158Member

Hello po possible po kaya na mabgyan ng grad visa after matapos ung postgrad course if ganito po ung details? Thank you

@athelene said:

@clemenchiu said:

Student visa is not a cheap pathway, no matter what you study. Which one to choose depends on your migration pathway, like kung may background ka in what you will study or if you're completely changing careers. VET is usually the cheapest, but cost will depend on which program it is. Expect to pay AUD 15-20k per year, and target at least a Diploma or Advanced Diploma (qualifications that are lower than a bachelor degree), whichever is the minimum educational qualification required to get a positive skills assessment for the occupation you want to nominate. You need to be strategic on what to study, otherwise you'd be wasting your hard-earned money and time.

The courses you've proposed are only short courses, which are only 3 months long each, and they do not have a CRICOS code attached to it. You would not be able to get a student visa with those courses. To get a student visa, your program needs to be CRICOS registered and you need to study full-time (which means studying 4 subjects per semester) in order to get a student visa. If the program is not CRICOS registered, those programs are typically only open or available for domestic/Australian students (as they don't need a visa). You'll need to do your due diligence and research further which programs are CRICOS registered first, before worrying about the cost.

@athelene said:

@clemenchiu said:

Hello po, does it matter if how long ittake ung postgrad course or regardless naman as long as may CRICOS code automatic n eligible for grad visa once na matapos ung course? Thanks much po

@eris0819 said:
    Hello po, does it matter if how long ittake ung postgrad course or regardless naman as long as may CRICOS code automatic n eligible for grad visa once na matapos ung course? Thanks much po

If you are looking to get a graduate visa 485, yes the length of the course matters. You need to complete a program that is at least 92 weeks long (so about 2 years), which can be a single program or a packaged course (i.e. Cert IV + Diploma package that totals to 2 years of study).

There are CRICOS-registered programs that are less than 2 years, such as Graduate Certificate (1 sem or 6 months) and Graduate Diploma (2 sems or 1 year to complete). There are also master degrees that are 1.5 years only. All of them may be CRICOS-registered, but because the total length of study is less than 92 weeks, you would not qualify for a graduate visa.

eris0819clemenchiu

@athelene said:

@eris0819 said:

If you are looking to get a graduate visa 485, yes the length of the course matters. You need to complete a program that is at least 92 weeks long (so about 2 years), which can be a single program or a packaged course (i.e. Cert IV + Diploma package that totals to 2 years of study).

There are CRICOS-registered programs that are less than 2 years, such as Graduate Certificate (1 sem or 6 months) and Graduate Diploma (2 sems or 1 year to complete). There are also master degrees that are 1.5 years only. All of them may be CRICOS-registered, but because the total length of study is less than 92 weeks, you would not qualify for a graduate visa.

Hello thank you and noted. We actually received an offer letter for Master's degree for 1.5yrs only....can we apply for Post-Study Work Stream instead of the Grad stream? Thanks much po!

@eris0819 said:
    Hello thank you and noted. We actually received an offer letter for Master's degree for 1.5yrs only....can we apply for Post-Study Work Stream instead of the Grad stream? Thanks much po!

No. Whether Post-Study Work or Graduate Work stream, the program needs to be at least 92 weeks of full-time study. You can check the full eligibility details here:
    https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/temporary-graduate-485

eris0819

@athelene said:

@eris0819 said:

No. Whether Post-Study Work or Graduate Work stream, the program needs to be at least 92 weeks of full-time study. You can check the full eligibility details here:
    https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/temporary-graduate-485

I see thank you. The program is usually 2 yrs but just not sure why they gave us 1.5yrs.

@eris0819 said:
    I see thank you. The program is usually 2 yrs but just not sure why they gave us 1.5yrs.

Maybe they have recognized and credited some units/subjects you have taken before? Inquire directly with admissions if you're keen on the 2-year program.

@athelene said:

@eris0819 said:

Maybe they have recognized and credited some units/subjects you have taken before? Inquire directly with admissions if you're keen on the 2-year program.

Hello, I see that's possible. I'll try to communicate with the office of admission. Thank you for your response. Have a nice day!

• clemenchiuclemenchiu Posts: 3Member

@athelene said:

@eris0819 said:

Thank you for the info. These are very educational. Before I posted, I also found other Advanced Diploma courses. And yeah, already given that the course should help me for the Masters I want to take up after.

I will now have to consider the lengths of the course/s should I later on apply for a Graduate Visa.

Thanks again!