Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

HIV Positive

Hello po. Just taking chances if anyone here had the experience or have any idea if gaano ka possible ang chance na I could be granted or work in AU. I was diagnosed as HIV positive and already taking up medications for over 1 year. I have ongoing application sa isang AU company but not sure how possible na ma grant ako ng visa given my condition. I am still on the 1st stage of the hiring process but just wanted really to manage my expectations in terms of chances of getting a visa considering my heatlh condition. Hope someone here can help me maybe share his/her experience or can refer me to any discussion here that would somehow answer my question. TIA

MACINOZ2023Sharie

Comments

• monesc10monesc10 Posts: 12Member

@hopeful101 said:
    Hello po. Just taking chances if anyone here had the experience or have any idea if gaano ka possible ang chance na I could be granted or work in AU. I was diagnosed as HIV positive and already taking up medications for over 1 year. I have ongoing application sa isang AU company but not sure how possible na ma grant ako ng visa given my condition. I am still on the 1st stage of the hiring process but just wanted really to manage my expectations in terms of chances of getting a visa considering my heatlh condition. Hope someone here can help me maybe share his/her experience or can refer me to any discussion here that would somehow answer my question. TIA

Hi hopeful,. i think pag work visa kaya.,pero i think may medicals din po un bka maging issue din...pero pag PR na,asahin ko di n tlga xa maggrant

• hopeful101hopeful101 Posts: 14Member

@monesc10 said:

@hopeful101 said:

Hi hopeful,. i think pag work visa kaya.,pero i think may medicals din po un bka maging issue din...pero pag PR na,asahin ko di n tlga xa maggrant

Thanks po sa response.

• jdoe15726jdoe15726 Posts: 3Member

Email me! I'm on the same boat. Waiting for my PR grant. There are very specific paths to PR for us. It's not impossible. - [email protected]

MACINOZ2023

@jdoe15726 said:
    Email me! I'm on the same boat. Waiting for my PR grant. There are very specific paths to PR for us. It's not impossible. - [email protected]

Thanks po for your time to respond. Though i’m still on the process of applying and recruitment process in ongoing, hoping na sana magtuloy tuloy, andito pa rin po ako sa Pilipinas, if ever lang po if i will be selected, how complex and gaano po ka possible na I will be granted ng work visa? And possible po if can advice important na need gawin or to note to get high chance na ma grant if ever.

@hopeful101 said:

@jdoe15726 said:

Thanks po for your time to respond. Though i’m still on the process of applying and recruitment process in ongoing, hoping na sana magtuloy tuloy, andito pa rin po ako sa Pilipinas, if ever lang po if i will be selected, how complex and gaano po ka possible na I will be granted ng work visa? And possible po if can advice important na need gawin or to note to get high chance na ma grant if ever.

Three important things at this stage:

• Did you notify your prospective employer of your health status? You are not required to so don't disclose it.
      If the employer will employ an agent, the agent will likely find out once you fill out a health declaration form as part of the visa process. When you get to that point, you may have to disclose your status to the agent but inform them that you do not wish for your status to be disclosed to your prospective employer.

• What's you occupation? If you're a healthcare professional who'll be working here is AU in a setting where you will be dealing with open wounds (e.g., surgery, i think even administering vaccines), a work visa will not be granted even if you're undetectable.

• Will they be sponsoring you under visa 482 medium-stream? This will become very important later on when you apply for permanent residency so better clarify this with your prospective employer.
      Visa 482 also has short-term and labour agreement streams. Under current regulations, it will be very difficult to secure permanent residency under these streams.

Besides these, you only have to worry about making sure you get the job so do well! :smiley:

Another factor to consider but I'm not sure if actually relevant - are you undetectable? I've been undetectable since my first work visa so I'm not sure if having a detectable viral load has an impact on the visa application process.

hopeful101

@jdoe15726 said:

@hopeful101 said:

@jdoe15726 said:

Three important things at this stage:

• Did you notify your prospective employer of your health status? You are not required to so don't disclose it.
      If the employer will employ an agent, the agent will likely find out once you fill out a health declaration form as part of the visa process. When you get to that point, you may have to disclose your status to the agent but inform them that you do not wish for your status to be disclosed to your prospective employer.

• What's you occupation? If you're a healthcare professional who'll be working here is AU in a setting where you will be dealing with open wounds (e.g., surgery, i think even administering vaccines), a work visa will not be granted even if you're undetectable.

• Will they be sponsoring you under visa 482 medium-stream? This will become very important later on when you apply for permanent residency so better clarify this with your prospective employer.
      Visa 482 also has short-term and labour agreement streams. Under current regulations, it will be very difficult to secure permanent residency under these streams.

Besides these, you only have to worry about making sure you get the job so do well! :smiley:

Another factor to consider but I'm not sure if actually relevant - are you undetectable? I've been undetectable since my first work visa so I'm not sure if having a detectable viral load has an impact on the visa application process.

Thank you so much again for taking time! I will take note all your inputs. This will really help a lot. Yung mga current what ifs ko were already answered. 😊 I am just hoping na maging okay ang outcome ng job application then there’ll be more what ifs. 😅. Will just take one step at a time. I’m happy that I come across this forum and found people who make time to reply. 😊

PR granted after going through health waiver for my HIV condition! Yay!

Isaiah2408_sebodemachowashoutaethosabbylavaOzdrimslunarcatwhimpeemathilde9lynetterusseland 2 others.