Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

How much should I bring to Australia?

crisreyescrisreyes BraddonPosts: 27De-activated
edited February 2014 in General
Hi,

Those who came in Australia with support from relatives living anywhere in Australia will always have an edge when it comes to adjustment. To those who barely know anybody I guess the challenge before getting to know the country itself is knowing what to bring and how big or small the budget to consider.

Instead of knowing how much is the cost of living per state why not get to know how much is the average living cost on the most expensive state here in Australia. Of course, some will be biased to where they live like some will say Sydney, others will say Melbourne, the rest would be Perth, some might even say Brissy. Month by month it changes, quarterly interest rate changes, annually all utility rates increases.

If you're budget is very tight then don't come to Australia right away. Save until such time you get the right amount you need plus inflation. Of course you need to spend monies for your initial entry but cost of plane fare lately is bearable specially those who would come from Singapore or has access to go to Singapore then fly anywhere to Australia.

Room rentals: you will be surprised that some might offer less than 200 dollars per week and might include some utilities. Compute that in a year it will cost you 10, 400 dollars. Add 20% to cover fluctuations.

Food: For a couple grocery of 150 per week is average. Some people that I know could even get a week's cost of food for 100, annualise it range from 5,200 up to 7, 800 then add 20%

For utilities: this includes your mobile or anything that isn't covered from your room rental perhaps you will spend between 2, 000 to 2, 500 add 20%

For transpo: Buy a multi 1 card which will allow you to use bus and trains in a month it will cost you around 180 multiply that to 12 then it will cost you 2160 at most. There is a family pass every Sunday make use of it to enjoy roaming around the city or even goint as far as New Castle if you are from Sydney. Sunday is fun day.

For other important items such as GP, meds etc allot at least 3,000

If you are really after the basic of basics you need roughly 30k to 40k annul budget. Ito yung tipo bang wag na muna tayo kumain sa fine dining restaurants or sige pass na muna sa mga sakay papuntang ibang regions or even wag na muna manood ng concert ni Bruno Mars. Now, not sure magkano ang gatas at sa bata.

What more kung mag isa ka muna tapos lalakasan mo lang loob mo bigay ka sa friend mo ng 100 per week para sa pagstay mo at bili ka ng 1 kilo ng pork, 1 kilo ng topside beef, 1 kilo ng hipon roughly 40 per week para ambag mo sa week long na kain I guess kakayanin kung tipiran lang ang usapan.

But, never ever live in a friend's house na di ka magbibigay kahit ikaw na sumagot ng grocery. Of course Pinoys will always be Pinoys "hindi sige ok lang yan stay ka lang" but in reality nabubwiset na yan kasi kahit mag isa ka e may gastos ka pa rin hindi ka naman siguro parang alikabok na hindi magcoconsume ng kahit na ano.

Remember ang newstart allowance e ieentertain ka lang sa centrelink after two years, kung tama ako.

Cheers
Cristina

Comments

• kremitzkremitz North Ryde
    Pag single lang mga how much kaya monthly?

Main applicant : Husband
    April 29, 2013 : ACS Skills assessment
    July 22, 2013 : ACS assessment result
    January 3, 2014: IELTS Result (Take 1 L-8,W,R,S-7)
    January 12, 2013: Lodged EOI (65points)
    January 13, 2013: Invited to apply for visa 189
    February 9, 2014: Lodged visa
    March 1, 2014: Medicals at NHSI
    March 6: email from CO requesting form 80 and hubby's NBI Clearance
    March 25, 2014: visa grant. Thank you lord
    June 8,2014: Hubby arrived in Sydney
    Sept 11,2014: Hubby's first day of work. Thank you Lord!
    Feb 7, 2015 : Baby and I arrived in Sydney
    April 13, 2015: My first day of work :)

• JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    the rule of the thumb is bring all you can, the big question I guess is How much do I/you need ?

Google for Everything !!!