Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Subclass 489 - Hard to find a job on your own field.

2»

Comments

• jambanganjambangan Sydney
    Just want to share that I hold a 489 visa and a relative sponsored me and my family. I read most of the comments regarding visas and where you can work. Most of the answers can be found in veto and in your visa conditions. Your just need to read and understand the conditions. For a 489 visa the conditions are very clear where you can live, work and study. The designated areas are specific and even mentions where you cannot live, work and study.

I already found a job as an engineer. This after months of looking for work. Employers normally try to find candidates with special skills and a very good work background. You must be a standout to be noticed. It would be best to try to study or learn a new skill here in Australia to boost your chances. Also if there are interviews try to learn from it and try to answer better next time. Trial and error din Yan and of course luck.
  • FjanielFjaniel Riyadh
    May I ask po, magkano ba ang ideal na perang baon pag punta ng oz? nabasa ko po ksi dito na mahirap maghanap ng work, about a few months bago mkahanap. Dapat pla malaki-laki rin ang baon!
  • IslanderndCityIslanderndCity Adelaide
    @IslanderndCity, sabay sabay kami nag initial entry last June 21 then lumabas ulet kami ng bunso ko nung July 13. naiwan sila dun ng eldest ko.

and thank God, after 2 months of searching, my husband finally landed a job although di sya ganoon related pero ok na din kasi full time job na sya. 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday. then my daughter is also working as crew sa dominos pizza kasi she's now 17 y/o. tyaga tyaga lang talaga and lots of prayers...
    galing! bait ni Lord. thanks for sharing po. tama, tiyaga lang...

Assessed Occupation: Industrial Engineer (IE 233511)
    Achieved Goal: Australia PR (Permanent Resident). Thanks God!

...sharpening my core gifts now...
    ...working on new, better goals...

Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. ~Luke 6:28~

• jvframosjvframos Perth
    @IslanderndCity, yes indeed! all it really takes is lots of prayers, faithand perseverance. kahit gano kadami rejections dapat never give up.

pero kasama na din dun yung itabi muna ang pride kasi before nakakita ng full time work si hubby tinanggap nya yung mga odd jobs like pamphlet delivery, pizza hut delivery at kung ano ano pang odd works para lang masustain yung expenses. and once nagkaron sya ng local experience at local reference then dun nagstart na may tumawag sa kanya for interview.

also, connections also play a big role. yung mga makikilala mo along the way everyday can also help. basta lang keep your communication line to all these people na mamimeet mo.

Feb 2013 - Started collecting Vetassess requirements; March 29, 2013 - Lodged for Vetassess skills assessment; June 8, 2013 - took IELTS (BC, UAE); June 14, 2013 - received VETASSESS positive skills assessment; June 21, 2013 - got ielts results OBS 7.0 (l-7.5, r-7, w-7, s-7); June 24, 2013 - submitted EOI; June 27, 2013 - submitted WA state sponsorship application; July 03, 2013 - WA state sponsorship application approved; July 05, 2013 - received from DIAC invitation to lodge; July 14, 2013 - lodge visa application; August 13, 2013 - CO allocated, Team 7 GSM Adelaide; August 20, 2013 - submitted Form 80, NBI, PCC, bank statements for me, hubby and daughter and additional docs for hubby in lieu of Saudi PCC (statutory declaration, exit visa and end of service contract); August 22, 2013 - Medical check done; August 26, 2013 - uploaded hubby's Saudi PCC.... finally!; Sept 27, 2013 - visa grant daw but unofficial, hindi namin alam granted na pala.... long story…; Oct 10, 2013 - when we learned that our case was granted but no official confirmation.; Oct 11, 2013 - Official VISA Grant! Finally!!!! Thank God. End of the 1st journey, start of the new beginning; July 10, 2014 - IED

You may not always understand why God allows certain things to happen, but you can be certain that God is not making any mistakes.

Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight

• IslanderndCityIslanderndCity Adelaide
    @jvframos I believe it's not easy there to let 1 month pass without any income na pumasok. kaya same with your hubby and iba dyan, tama, as long as legal and pinaghihirapang job, go go go... may baby na din kayo?

Assessed Occupation: Industrial Engineer (IE 233511)
    Achieved Goal: Australia PR (Permanent Resident). Thanks God!

...sharpening my core gifts now...
    ...working on new, better goals...

Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. ~Luke 6:28~