Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

PTE ACADEMIC

1743744745746747749ยป

Comments

• OzdrimsOzdrims Singapore

Ako i went from over confident self study to english proper na E2 to transition na seasoned retaker at yung huli gumamit ng YT at LA ,nakuha na lang sa experience ๐Ÿ˜œ

Analysis paralysis will eat your energy ,try a good sleep, do your best and be present during the exams, so as not to derail your FOCUS , kasi pag nagrattle whatever you have learnt and practice will be wasted. Meron din factor yung overtrained for the exams.
    Pag feel mo na kaya mo na ,take mo na.

mathilde9casssie_sebodemachoaethosmalleydanpte89

ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 25| English: 20 | Experience: 15| Education: 15 | Partner Points: 05 (Competent English)|NAATI: 05 |State :05
    SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    17 Apr 2023: Took PTE Exam: Superior
    29 May 2023: Spouse PTE Exam: Competent
    15 May 2023: Submitted relevant employment docs, work pass and DRAFT CDR to agent
    29 May 2023: Agent submitted EA MSA CDR + RSEA to Engineers Australia
    8 July 2023: EA MSA CDR + RSEA result: Suitable for migration
    26 July 2023: took the NAATI CCL
    13 Aug 2023 : results out for NAATI exam
    15 Aug 2023: Agent updated EOI for CCL points (+5)
    13 Sep 2023: Agent created EOI for SC 190 NSW
    02 Nov 2023: Pre-invited by NSW
    06 Nov 2023: Nomination submitted to NSW
    09 Nov 2023: Nomination application approved & ITA received
    29 Nov 2023: Visa lodgment and medicals booked
    11 Dec 2023 : Medicals completed
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

• casssiecasssie โœจ
    edited May 16

@danpte89 said:
    What was your basis that you think you're good enough to take the PTE and feel niyo kaya niyo yung 79+ score? Is there such a circumstance na nafeel niyo na ay "Im confident, kaya ko na to with flying colors!"?

im going to speak on behalf of my partner. 1 take, 90 agad lahat ng bands. di sya nagreview, di gumamit ng templates whatsoever. but he is smart. he likes to read books and watches a lot of learning materials everyday. i think he got confident na "madali" lang yung exam when i started reviewing. he didnt have a hard time understanding and answering the questionnaires.

templates are good guides. i used them but then i realized, templates can only do so much. 2 kasi iisipin mo, 1) ano yung templates na gagamitin 2) pano mo sasagutin yung questions. so answer the exam as if you're really answering an entrance exam in universities. tanong = sagot, hindi tanong = templates = sagot. malilito ka lang. tama si @mathilde9, it's HOW instead of WHAT to answer. i love jay and E2 language team! no templates, only comprehension.

to conclude this, if you can read, write, and comprehend in english then you already got the edge. the next thing to do is understand the structure of the exam and know how to manage your time on each task. practice practice practice. train your brain and focus talaga sa goal.

mathilde9_sebodemachomalleydanpte89

m(au)nifesting ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ

• _sebodemacho_sebodemacho Melbourne, VIC
    edited May 17

@casssie said: :D

@danpte89 said:
    What was your basis that you think you're good enough to take the PTE and feel niyo kaya niyo yung 79+ score? Is there such a circumstance na nafeel niyo na ay "Im confident, kaya ko na to with flying colors!"?

im going to speak on behalf of my partner. 1 take, 90 agad lahat ng bands. di sya nagreview, di gumamit ng templates whatsoever. but he is smart. he likes to read books and watches a lot of learning materials everyday. i think he got confident na "madali" lang yung exam when i started reviewing. he didnt have a hard time understanding and answering the questionnaires.

templates are good guides. i used them but then i realized, templates can only do so much. 2 kasi iisipin mo, 1) ano yung templates na gagamitin 2) pano mo sasagutin yung questions. so answer the exam as if you're really answering an entrance exam in universities. tanong = sagot, hindi tanong = templates = sagot. malilito ka lang. tama si @mathilde9, it's HOW instead of WHAT to answer. i love jay and E2 language team! no templates, only comprehension.

to conclude this, if you can read, write, and comprehend in english then you already got the edge. the next thing to do is understand the structure of the exam and know how to manage your time on each task. practice practice practice. train your brain and focus talaga sa goal.

Jusko yung misis ko rin, ganyan, isang linggo lang nya tiningnan yun mga question types sa PTE, tas nag take na agad. Walang template template. Iba rin. :D

Samantalang ako, isang bwan prep hahaha. Pero I did learn the HOW too, not the WHAT. I used some templates, just to get the "style" and "structure". But the contents, I relied on how my brain would process to answer the questions on the spot. Ako rin kasi yung tipo na kahit merong nakabisang mga templates, e sa mismong test na, hindi ko na rin yan maalala hahaha. Kumbaga, I just trained my brain how to answer a specific type of question.

In the end, depende talaga sa learning style ng test taker. Meron rin kasing sobrang husay sa pag memorya ng mga bagay bagay. And that's okay since it works for them.

casssiemathilde9danpte89

DIY all the way. Avoid preachy, know-it-all, and unscrupulous agents AT ALL COSTS!

"We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams." - Les Brown

261312 (Developer Programmer) - Main | 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) - Wife

189 (95), 190 (100)

14 Nov | BIG MOVE
    01 Nov | HIRED | First day of work. Remote working arrangement from SG
    --- Trying my luck at job hunting while in Singapore and BM planning on the side ---
    19 Apr | Direct Visa Grant | What a journey... JUST GRATEFUL!

2022 - Pandemic Eases Off

17 Nov | Medical Test Clearance
    15 Nov | Medical Test
    03 Nov | EOI #4, #6 | 189 Withdrawn, 190 NSW Withdrawn
    03 Nov | Visa Application | 190 VIC --- THE REAL WAITING GAME BEGINS!!!
    31 Oct | ITA | 190 VIC | never thought this day would come!!! T.T good decision to defer NSW nomination.
    27 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 NSW --- sabi nila, when it rains, it pours!!!
    26 Oct | Nomination Application | 190 VIC
    26 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 VIC --- one step closer, sa wakas, PADAYON!!!
    21 Oct | EOI #4, #5 + ROI, #6 DoE | 189, 190 VIC, 190 NSW
    21 Oct | ACS Assessment (Wife) Renewal - Suitable
    xx Mar| EOI#1, #2, #3 | 189 Expired, 190 NSW Expired, 190 VIC Expired

2021 - Pandemic Still

25 Sep | ACS Assessment (Main) Renewal - Suitable
    01 Feb | EOI#4 DoE | 189

2020 - Pandemic

19 Aug | EOI#1, #2, #3 DoE | 189, 190 NSW, 190 VIC
    30 Jul | NAATI CCL Online Test | Result: Passed
    09 Mar | PTE (Wife) | Results: L90 R80 S90 W82 (Superior)
    19 Feb | PTE (Main) | Results: L90 R83 S90 W82 (Superior)
    12 Feb | ACS Assessment (Wife) - Suitable | Expired

24 Oct | ACS Assessment (Main) - Suitable | Expired

--- Tons of research, document collection and other necessary preparations ---
    01 Sep | The Beginning | Had the chance to visit Oz, and immediately fell in love with it!

• danpte89danpte89 Posts: 7Member

Ang sarap basahin ng mga comment niyo. Naiinspire akong mairaraos ko tong exam with flying colors. Hopefully.

I myself, tamad din magtemplates and tbh preferred ko n lng may structure lang at least. But on the other hand, baka mawala kasi yung thought process ko kpg nagssagot na dahil ang daldal ko pa tapos na 40 secs.

Congrats sa mga naachieve na po ang superior goal. And ako naman ay magfformal review muna ng few days and will bug you guys sa mga bagay na hirap pa rin ako.haha

I also enrolled in one of the infamous review center here in PH but Im not relying much on their platform since theyre not famous pa for PTE. But I thought I could get all the help I can get pra minsanan lng exam.

• casssiecasssie โœจ
    edited May 17

@danpte89 said:
    Ang sarap basahin ng mga comment niyo. Naiinspire akong mairaraos ko tong exam with flying colors. Hopefully.

I myself, tamad din magtemplates and tbh preferred ko n lng may structure lang at least. But on the other hand, baka mawala kasi yung thought process ko kpg nagssagot na dahil ang daldal ko pa tapos na 40 secs.

Congrats sa mga naachieve na po ang superior goal. And ako naman ay magfformal review muna ng few days and will bug you guys sa mga bagay na hirap pa rin ako.haha

I also enrolled in one of the infamous review center here in PH but Im not relying much on their platform since theyre not famous pa for PTE. But I thought I could get all the help I can get pra minsanan lng exam.

if you havent checked out E2 language on youtube, add mo na rin sa review materials mo.

easy watch sya for me. clear yung message, clear yung pathway to learn. #notanad choz!

download APEUni. di ko nacheck if namention mo na. sobrang useful ng app na to!! i mostly used it for reading and listening.

good luck po!

danpte89

m(au)nifesting ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ

• ConboyboyConboyboy Sa puso mo

@danpte89 said:

Im very sure you will ace it. Focus lang at talagang review during your classes. All the best!!!

danpte89

I just took my mock exam kay APEUni. Overall 77. I can say ok nmn sya but I need to improve a lot on speaking. I initially got 69. But here's the thing, naffrustrate ako sa AI Scoring. I can say I have good pronunciation and fluency nmn in real life. With IELTS, I scored 8.0 sa exam. I know iba pa rin si PTE and I'm diligently trying to learn, I watched Jay's and Nakul's tips for these and yet, ndi pa rin ako makascore ng 80+ or hit and miss yung scores ko sa APEUni.

For RA: pansin ko, my scores improved and can get 80% of the time 70-80 marks. Question: Is this good enough?

For DI: I started by doing Jimmyssem's template (rarely get 70+ on content, flunking on P&F badly) to entirely switching it to APEUni's Template. And kung kailan medyo niloloko ko yung accent and pronunciation but babbling my way to around 29-32 secs, Im getting 70+ scores. Question: If Im just gonna babble like what Im doing in APEUni but inserting the keywords with improper grammar, is it still possible for 79+?

For RS: I know content just scores 3, but there are passages that Im confident that I spoke the passage with proper intonation and stress in words for meaning and yet, I get a random score. Question: Do you have 3-5 sample audios I can hear from fellow Filo. Yung sa APEUni, ibang ethnicity and accent, feeling ko ndi sya comparable compared kung fellow Filo ang susundan ko.

Thank you in advance guys.

• supremosupremo Posts: 21Member

Nakakapang lambot naman nito:

_sebodemachoOzdrims

24-Oct-2022 : EA Positive Skills Assessment
    10-Nov-2022 : EOI/ROI (189, 190 VIC, 190 SA)
    XX-XX-XXXX : ITA
    XX-XX-XXXX : EOI 491

@supremo said:

Sayang Sir. Kumusta WFD mo? Maraming hard passages?

• markedinomarkedino Australia

@supremo said:

oh noes. pareho tayo. 1 point na lang need ko sana sa writing :'(

• Roberto21Roberto21 Posts: 5Member

If anyone needs an APEUNI account to practice, meron pa akong account with 50 plus days.
    Chat me na lang and Iโ€™ll give it for FREE

PTE Academic Score: 87 (1st take)
    Test Center: Ace Testing Hub Makati, June 8, 2024 Saturday
    Results: Received on June 12, 2024. Notification via text
    Number of Mock test via APE UNI - 11

Preparation Stage
    - Nag prepare ako for 2 months. April and May. 1st month nanood ako ng videos everyday. Si PTE Academy, E2 PTE, Skill PTE Academic (Sir Nakul), Milestone Study. Then 2nd month ay nag purchase na ako ng APE UNI account para makapag mock test.
    - Si Jimmysem ay mga 3 video lang yata ang pinanood ko sa kanya. Nasa twitter siya at wala sa youtube. Kay jimmysem ko na tutunan na dapat laging perfect ang Highligh incorrect words.
    - Lumang laptop ang gamit at wala akong sinaksak na headset or microphone.Talagang yung built in na microphone ng laptop ang gamit ko. May inadjust lang ako na microphone sensitivity para maayos yung narerecord.
    - Meron akong notebook โ€“ kada tapos ko ng mock test results ay sinusulat ko yung mga mali at ilalagay dun kung ano ang tama. Every mock test results ko, binabasa ko yung notes.
    - Natatapos ko ang mock test results ng 1 and a half hour.
    - The day before exams, hindi na ako nag mock test at inimprove na lang ang aking Repeat sentence, Write from Dictation, ang Highlight incorrect words.
    - Also, the day before exams, ginawa ko โ€“ kumuwa ako ng isang papel โ€“ sinulat lahat ng test types- at naglagay ako ng tips or reminders per test.
    For Example:
    Read aloud โ€“ Fluent ka dapat
    Repeat sentence- Wag kang pipikit, magsalita pag Nakita yung recordingโ€ฆ..
    Describe Image โ€“ eto template na gagamtinโ€ฆโ€ฆ

Test Day โ€“ June 8, 2024 Saturday
    - 8 hours sleep
    - Woke up 6am (konting house work)
    - Wore jeans, polo shirt, and rubbershoes
    - Hinanap ko muna yung building.
    - Masyadong akong maaga kaya nag breakfast lang ako.
    - Tinignan ng 10 minutes yung papel na ginawa ko the day before.
    - 1 hour before exam pumunta na ako ng Ace.
    - Hindi ako kinuwanan ng guard ng ID . Pero bring na rin kayo just incase.
    - Kinuwa nila yung passport ko at nag sign lang ng documents.
    - 30 minutes before exam, nag CR, uminom ng tubig, at nilagay na yung bag sa locker. Medyo nasusuka na ako.
    - Nagdasal para kumalma.
    - Instructor gave us a laminated notepad (4 pages back to back) and 2 thin pentel pen.
    - Test started 30 minutes before scheduled time.

During test
    - Maganda yung headset nila. Microphone 2 fingers away from my mouth.
    - Nag adjust ng volume and nag record ng boses kung klaro ako. Klaro naman.
    - Yung ingay tolerabale naman. Nakakatulong yung headset para di mo sila margining.
    - 10 yata kami.

Test tips/template
    - Read aloud โ€“ nadiscover ko during preparation na hindi dapat masyadong mabilis ang pagsasalita. Kasi pag masyado kang mabilis, hindi mo na pro pronounce yung words well. So dapat normal speed lang at wag masyadong malakas boses.
    - Repeat sentence- Eto pinakamahirap sakin. Di ako nagsulat. Talagang tinandaan ko lang. Sasabihin ko lang yung mga words na naalala ko. Mga 60-80%. May isa akong repeat sentence na nag stutter ako. Yes, mas maikli yung repeat sentence dito kaysa sa APEUNI. Nag stutter ako dun sa isang repeat sentence kasi parang ang haba niya. Pero MOSTLY maiksi lang yung repeat sentence.
    - Describe Image- The image in front of me is BLANK graph, and the title of the bar graph is BLANK. The highestโ€ฆ.., while the lowest is โ€ฆโ€ฆ and middle one is โ€ฆโ€ฆ in conclusion this is a useful graph BLANK. Puro graphs lumabas sakin at walang pictures.
    - Retell lecture - The speaker talked about, he also mentioned, he also discussed, he also stated, in conclusion the speaker talked aboutโ€ฆ..
    - Write Essay โ€“ Isang essay lang na encounter ko. Minemorize ko yung template by 1 paragraph a day. Check niyo spelling ng maigi. Pag naka 200 plus words na ako, kinoconclude ko na yung paragraph.
    Lately, there has been a noticeable increase in the number of groups claiming that (INSERT). As such, there are both advantages and disadvantages to this trend, although I think its merits outweigh the demerits. In this essay, I will examine all the relevant views based on factual premises.
    There are multiple justifications to support this idea. The most predominant one is that (INSERT). It certainly contributes to the fact that (INSERT). Besides, it leads to a wide array of benefits in almost every sphere of life as well. Needless to say, all these ease have a positive impact on recipients.
    However, an upward trend of significant drawback from this proposition is that (INSERT). In addition to this, when one does not follow such a practice religiously, they cannot widen their horizons with much ease and comfort. Hence, it is apparent why many do not accept this notion.
    From what has been discussed above, it can unmistakably be concluded that (INSERT). Also, its effects are so great that they cannot be ignored easily. This conclusion can be considered a valid answer to the question stated above. The discussion can be very helpful in answering these types of questions as it explores the different perspectives of various groups.

• Summarize Written Text โ€“ Although, and, furthermore. Hanap kayo ng 3-4 sentences, check spelling, and check proper comma or semi colon and period.

• Reading โ€“ Wala ako masyado tips dito. Yes, mahirap pa rin yung reoerder paragraph. I monitor niyo ng maigi yung time.

• Summarize spoken text โ€“ Wala akong template dito. Just use simple words and multiple sentences. Dapat isang paragraph lang at wag lalagpas ng 70 words. Check spelling ng maigi.

• Fill in Blanks listening- Sinusulat ko muna sa notepad kasi hindi ako mabilis mag type. Mag ingat sa mga word na may silent โ€œSโ€ sad ulo like โ€œ Insistโ€ and โ€œInsistsโ€. Careful sa spelling.

• Highlight incorrect word โ€“ sinusundan ko ng mouse ko yung yung bawat word na sinanasabi ng speaker. Pag may na click ka na, WAG KA NA MUNANG MAG BACK READ, at baka may hindi ka mahighlight na word. Kung pwede dapat perfect ka dito.

• Write from Dictation -eto tinatype ko na talaga habang nagsasalit yung speaker. Kahit mali mali tinatype ko parin, I co correct mo na lang mamaya. Icondition mo na rin NA DAPAT PERFECT KA DITO kasi sobrang lakas ng hila ng test na to. Naubusan ako dati ng oras one time sa part na to during mock test. Mag ingat sa word sounds like words โ€“ example his, heโ€™s, there, their, this, these. So wag ka matakot na mag add ng extra words basta related sa sentence.

Pag may encounter ka ng number wag number isulat (20 - wrong ) dapat spelling ng number mismo (twenty). And lastly, use period after ending a sentence.

**Closing remarks **
    - For those aiming Superior (79+ all bands), iperfect niyo yung kayang iperfect like essay, summarize short text, write from dictation, and highlight incorrect words.
    - One time lang ako gumamit ng background noise during mock test. Sakto lang naman yung ingay sa mismong test.
    - Yes, reading part talaga ang pinakamahirap kasid diyan matetest yung knowledge mo sa English. Ako 1 month walang anime, podcast on the way to work, PTE videos on the way back home, and also reading some novels or manga.
    - Mag search kayo sa google ng most misspelled words. Lalo na yung words like for example successful, environment, forward, and dilemma.
    - โ€œLord, kayo na po bahalaโ€ before entering the room.
    - Kaya niyo yan. And Yes, 1st take ko din to.
    - Thank you din sa thread na to ant nagsimula ako magbasa ng tips from page 700.

casssieOzdrimsjmcounterssupremomarkedino