Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (Step by step)

Comments

• asdfghjklqwertyasdfghjklqwerty Melbourne
    @iheartoz Pwede mag-ask bakit ACU napili mo? Hehe. Anyway, Melbourne campus ako if ever eh ;)) Di parin ako maka-decide. :-/
  • bbgirlbbgirl Mandaluyong
    @babezerothree probably get a letter from your sponsor. dapat nakalagay dun sa letter na sobrang close kayo na like a family ang turingan. im not an expert ha. siguro lang it will work. basta nagsasabi ka ng totoo, i guess maggrant ka naman.

~ 573 SVP with 1 dependent ~

May 31 - applied online at University website
    June 17 - Uni sent a message that they approved 14 credits for prior learning.
    June 21 - Uni emailed: move my intake to Feb 2014.
    July 5 - Passed IELTS! Yipee. Emailed Uni my result.
    July 16 - Received conditional OFFER LETTER from Uni. :)
    July 19 - sent my TOR to Uni.
    July 22 - Uni received my TOR
    July 24 - received my UNCONDITIONAL OFFER.
    July 31 - paid tuition fees and received COE
    Sept 16 - lodged visa application 573 SVP with one dependent thru VIA
    Sept 17 - acknowledgement from embassy with medical request.
    Sept 18 - Medical Examination at NHSI
    Sept 24 - Medical forwarded to Embassy
    Oct 4 - Phone interview with CO.
    Oct 7 - Emailed immi asking for updates
    Oct 8 - Received email from immi stating application is under assessment.
    Oct 9 - Received text message from Air 21 and Embassy that my documents has been dispatched.
    Oct 9 - visa refusal! :(

Commit to the Lord everything you do. Then your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3 (NIRV)

The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more priceless it will become when you achieve it. And the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. All good things are worth waiting for, and worth fighting for.

• iheartoziheartoz Sydney
    @asdfghjklqwerty closest school to my brother's place in sydney. nagkataon lang din na mas mura compared sa iba. hehe. i had to enroll early kasi sabi ng agent ko, mabilis ma-fill up yung slots sa ACU.
    @iheartoz Onga eh. Mas mura talaga by about more than AUD2000. Okay naman din feedbacks sa kanila noh? Tingin mo may influence ba talaga kung saang uni nag graduate pag nag apply ng work? :-/
    @asdfghjklqwerty i'm not really sure pero tingin ko naman, hindi, as long as you're registered and qualified. they hire overseas employees nga di ba who came from schools na di naman pareho ang standard of education sa kanila.
  • Siopao23Siopao23 North Ryde
    Hi. Im a newbie here. Very scary yet inspiring ang mga posts na nababasa ko dito. Anyway, i just wanna ask those veterans here how many percent or possibilities I get the visa granting kung ang sponsor is just a close family friend? Ex-Mayor siya and now his wife seated as the present Mayor ang sponsor ko, then my family is one of their supporter and my dad is working with them. Please help naman. Kinakabahan na kasi ako sa mga nababasa kong refusal dahil sa family friend lang ang sponsor nila, pero nananaig parin ang trust ko kay GOD. Please help po.
    Ang kailangan lang is to satisfy and DIAC na may direct access ka sa account sponsor mo.

"IF YOU ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT".

John 14:14

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

Tumawag na ako sa call center ng DIAC wala parin decision at in process pa rin daw

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

Hi all, my start date is on 2014 pa, and I already lodge my application. Is it too early to ask for an update? I just want to know if may CO na ako. :)

Oct 9 - Received text message from Air 21 and Embassy that my documents has been dispatched.

Commit to the Lord everything you do. Then your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3 (NIRV)

The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more priceless it will become when you achieve it. And the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. All good things are worth waiting for, and worth fighting for.

• danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    Hi all, my start date is on 2014 pa, and I already lodge my application. Is it too early to ask for an update? I just want to know if may CO na ako. :)
    i think ok lang mag follow up sa embassy.....after all it will also show to them how interested you are sa application mo....

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010

• PampangasBestPampangasBest Sydney
    @Siopao23 wag mainip bro... darating na yan... nag email ako kanina, pinapaupdate ko ung phone number ko sa application.. nawala kasi ung number ko..

VET - Subclass 572
    October 2011 - IELTS Exam
    July 8, 2013 - Received eCoE from Supreme Business College Sydney
    August 7, 2013 - Lodged application through VIA
    August 12, 2013 - Received Acknowledgement email that my application was received together with the medical examination request
    August 14, 2013 - Medical Examination Done @ NHSI
    August 16, 2013 - Medical Results were uploaded to DIAC as per NHSI (phone follow-up)
    October 7, 2013 - Visa Grant!

• PampangasBestPampangasBest Sydney
    @bbgirl di naman masamang mag inquire, ako after 30 days nag iinquire na ko

VET - Subclass 572
    October 2011 - IELTS Exam
    July 8, 2013 - Received eCoE from Supreme Business College Sydney
    August 7, 2013 - Lodged application through VIA
    August 12, 2013 - Received Acknowledgement email that my application was received together with the medical examination request
    August 14, 2013 - Medical Examination Done @ NHSI
    August 16, 2013 - Medical Results were uploaded to DIAC as per NHSI (phone follow-up)
    October 7, 2013 - Visa Grant!

• TIntinTIntin Mandaluyong
    After a week ako nag inquire status ng application ko nag rply nman sila.. :)
    After a week ako nag inquire status ng application ko nag rply nman sila.. :)
  • trinketz_07trinketz_07 San Pablo City
    @Siopao23 sir kmsta na po?nagreply na po diac?
    @bbgirl Makes sense. Pero mas malayo kasi ACU sakin eh. You think ma-compensate ng convenience ko in travelling to school sa mas mahal na tuition? :-/
  • MiaMia NZ
    Question for a friend: If using IDP's services, will IDP check financial documents before signing the uni's financial declaration form? (for SVP)

Eto naman 'yung situation ko: Parang kinabahan na ako mag-apply dahil sa GTE. I'm a recent Polisci graduate and I intend to study Nursing in 2015 (either graduate entry if the uni will recognise my study here or bachelors) in Australia. Ito talaga 'yung gusto ko noon pa, hindi lang ako nag-shift sa ibang course kasi nasa isang reputable uni naman ako rito (walang Nursing sa unit/branch ng uni ko rito) at sayang naman kung hindi tapusin. Admittedly, it shall be my stepping stone for PR in the future but I guess DIAC does not want to hear that as a reason. Sobrang gusto ko na talagang makaalis dito. -__- Sorry for being so unpatriotic.

Kwento ko rin na nabigyan na rin ako ng offer letter from a uni in NZ (Auckland Uni) when I was in 2nd year, pero hindi Nursing (kasi at that time na nag-apply ako, nag-close sila ng int'l applications sa Nursing & hindi raw related sa current study ko [if I recall correctly, Health Sciences/Nursing 'yung in-apply-an ko].

Naka-enroll nga ako sa online course na Intro to Nursing course offered by an Australian institution and it's been great so far! I'm thinking mag-enroll na lang ako ng second course here na nursing then kapag naka-one year or two, apply na ako sa Australian unis. Meron din namang Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Nursing sa Usyd, pwede akong magpa-recognise ng credits from previous study kaya nga lang, mas mahal sa Usyd compared sa other unis and mas competitive ang entry. Sobrang daming options na pwede pero 'yung GTE 'yung nakapagpapahirap ng proseso. :(

May kilala ba kayo na successful sa pag-transfer ng careers? :D
    @Siopao23 sir kmsta na po?nagreply na po diac?
    Wala pa rin eh.

@Siopao23 wag mainip bro... darating na yan... nag email ako kanina, pinapaupdate ko ung phone number ko sa application.. nawala kasi ung number ko..
    I know thanks .

@asdfghjklqwerty i really can't tell. :( i have no idea kasi sa cost of transpo e.
    Nagkamali yata ako ng na-tag sa last post ko @bbgirl :)>-

@iheartoz Actually mas makakatipid parin ako sa cheaper tuition fee kesa sa cheaper transpotation fees. Yung nga lang medyo hassle talaga :-((
    edited October 2013
    @Mia in my experience, IDP did ask me for financial docs. sabi sa kin ng agent ko, sa kanila daw binigay ng Unis yung job to check on the capacity of the student to finance his/her studies. pero yung school mismo, they don't ask na. pero meron pa ring ilan na humuhingi talaga. before my application was forwarded to the school, hiningan ako ng agent ko ng current bank statement and affidavit of support kasi it was my uncle's statement i submitted.

with regard to GTE, there is a portion in the visa application wherein you can explain elaborately why you chose the course. take advantage of it. think of all the possible acceptable reasons. pag-isipang mabuti ang isasagot. in my own opinion, ang doubt on GTE, nasa degree holders here, taking up courses in OZ na mas mababa pa sa degree nila dito. or totally irrelevant. bachelor naman ang kukunin mo e. it's as if you're starting from scratch so i don't think naman they will question. opinion ko lang naman.
    @asdfghjklqwerty masyado ba talagang malayo? ilang hours ba from your place? few days in a week lang naman ata ang classes. so di masyadong hassle. hassle lang naman kung everyday ka talaga magbabyahe nang mahaba. tingin ko lang ha.
    @asdfghjklqwerty kung convenience lang naman ang prob mo, tingin ko naman, makakadjust ka lang din. pero ang tuition, hindi mag-aadjust for you. hehe.
    Guys share ko lang sa inyo this news na dumating sa inbox ko ngayon about student visa:

" Possible Changes to Post Study Work Visas and Student Visas by End of 2013

Hi danyan2001us,

Education Minister, Christopher Pyne, has announced that the settings for Post Study Work Visas and Student Visa streamlined processing will be reviewed.

This means there may be changes to the eligibility streams and processing of these visas, which would come into effect by the end of 2013.

The purpose of these changes would be to increase the International Student intake in Australia.

For more information on the possible changes, please read our article here.

Kind regards,

The Acacia Team
    Migration Agent #9905466"

sana positive na development ito lalo na sa mga nagprocess pa lang ng visa nila ngayon.....

primary applicant- wife

edited October 2013
    @danyan2001us sana nga positive since ang purpose nila is to increase the International Student intake in OZ. thanks for sharing!
    @danyan2001us sana nga positive since ang purpose nila is to increase the International Student intake in OZ. thanks for sharing!
    sana nga para mas marami tayo dito ..maganda pag marami ang support system natin....yw anyway......

primary applicant- wife

• markier87markier87 Perth
    Hi all! I'm back, I just have some questions.
    1)Magkano ang services ng IDP?
    2)1st Year College pa lang ang friend ko now, whats the best option for studying in OZ, TAFE? Undergrad?
    Any insight will be appreciated. SALAMAT! :D

Student Visa - Subclass 574 (SVP) with De Facto Partner
    Temporary Grad Visa - Subclass 485 with De Facto Partner
    Skilled - Permanent - Subclass 189/190 with De Facto Partner
    Australian Citizienship

May 17, 2014 - IELTS Exam (Acad) (L, R, W, S)
    May 30, 2014 - IELTS Results (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-7.5) O- 8.0
    June 27, 2014 - Medicals at NHSI
    July 21, 2014 - Lodged at VFS Cebu
    July 22, 2014 - Received acknowledgment from Embassy
    July 23, 2014 - VISA GRANTED!
    July 30, 2014 - IED in Perth

June 24, 2016 - Submitted WA OQU Assessment
    June 27, 2016 - Received WA OQU Assessment Results - Positive!
    Jan-Apr 2017 - Gather docs for Skills Assessment
    May 10, 2017 - Submitted VETASSESS Application (Online) CHEMIST - 234211
    May 17, 2017 - Got a call from VETASSESS for add'l docs
    May 18, 2017 - Submitted add'l docs requested
    May 26, 2017 - VETASSESS Results - POSITIVE (Chemist)
    Sept 27, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - S
    Sept 30, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - L,R,W
    Oct. 13, 2017 - IELTS Results - (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-9.0) Overall: 8.0

Jan 24, 2019 - Lodged visa 485 (Post-Study Work Stream)
    Feb 01, 2019 - Visa 485 Medicals Done
    Mar 11, 2019 - EOI submitted for subclass 189 (85 pts) and 190 (90 pts)
    Mar 26, 2019 - CO requested docs (visa 485), Updated EOI - (95 pts)
    Apr 08, 2019 - CO requested additional docs (visa 485)
    Apr 11, 2019 - ITA received (visa 189)
    May 09, 2019 - Client Feedback sent (105 days since lodging 485)
    May 14, 2019 - Visa SC 485 refusal - SAD DAY
    May 17, 2019 - AAT appeal lodged online
    June 4, 2019 - Visa SC 189 lodged offshore, AAT appeal dropped
    June 12, 2019 - VA Blood test (medicals done)
    Jan 31, 2020 - SC 189 GRANTED (Direct)
    Feb 11, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for partner)
    Feb 12, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for me) - STILL WAITING
    Mar 25, 2021 - Interview and Test (partner)
    Apr 23, 2021 - Approved (partner)
    TBA - Pledging ceremony (partner)

"To God be the Glory"

Sna maraming visa grants..knakabahan na ako ang hirap mag antay nkakapraning :)
    Sna maraming visa grants..knakabahan na ako ang hirap mag antay nkakapraning :)
    Thanks for sharing..