Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (Step by step)

Comments

• iheartoziheartoz Sydney
    @markier87 no fee ang IDP kung sila nagprocess from enrollment to school to visa application. pero kung visa processing lang, may fee sila. from what i remember sa isang nagcomment dito, 10k ata? i'm not sure though.

about your friend, syempre mas ok ang bachelor degree, especially kung nasa SOL ang course nya, kasi may PR pathway. but if there is an issue sa finances, pwede rin syang magvocational. in a vocational course though, he has to get himself an employer to sponsor him a work visa after he graduates as opposed to a bachelor degree of at least two years in duration na eligible to apply for a two-year post study work visa.

does he plan to finish his degree here pa ba?
  • trinketz_07trinketz_07 San Pablo City
    @TIntin yes nakakakaba ganyan din ako nung di ko pa nakukuha ung visa ko..nut in prayers everything is possible....

• bbgirlbbgirl Mandaluyong
    may mga visa grant na ba? nagemail na ako sa DIBP kahapon pero walang reply. toink!

~ 573 SVP with 1 dependent ~

May 31 - applied online at University website
    June 17 - Uni sent a message that they approved 14 credits for prior learning.
    June 21 - Uni emailed: move my intake to Feb 2014.
    July 5 - Passed IELTS! Yipee. Emailed Uni my result.
    July 16 - Received conditional OFFER LETTER from Uni. :)
    July 19 - sent my TOR to Uni.
    July 22 - Uni received my TOR
    July 24 - received my UNCONDITIONAL OFFER.
    July 31 - paid tuition fees and received COE
    Sept 16 - lodged visa application 573 SVP with one dependent thru VIA
    Sept 17 - acknowledgement from embassy with medical request.
    Sept 18 - Medical Examination at NHSI
    Sept 24 - Medical forwarded to Embassy
    Oct 4 - Phone interview with CO.
    Oct 7 - Emailed immi asking for updates
    Oct 8 - Received email from immi stating application is under assessment.
    Oct 9 - Received text message from Air 21 and Embassy that my documents has been dispatched.
    Oct 9 - visa refusal! :(

Commit to the Lord everything you do. Then your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3 (NIRV)

The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more priceless it will become when you achieve it. And the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. All good things are worth waiting for, and worth fighting for.

• asdfghjklqwertyasdfghjklqwerty Melbourne
    @iheartoz 1.5 to hours byahe. Tapos mga 3 times magtransfer ng sakayan. Yun. The other one 20 mins bus ride lang. ;)) Parang natatakot akong magdecide. :-)) Yung relatives ko naman mas gusto nila yung isa kasi nga sikat daw, pero ACU is known naman for nursing diba? :-/ Hirap magdecide :((
    @asdfghjklqwerty try to visit the websites of your chosen schools na lang. or research2x ka for reviews. compare mo. i heard ACU has a small population lang daw. so, i guess, not too tough ang school life. depends on what you really want. i didn't have a hard time choosing kasi ang main goal ko is to find a school na malapit-lapit sa house ng bro ko. yun. just follow you heart. :)
    @bbgirl nagreply sa akin after three emalls. assessment currently in progress daw. well...hintay2x pa rin. at least nagreply na.
  • Siopao23Siopao23 North Ryde
    @bbgirl nagreply sa akin after three emalls. assessment currently in progress daw. well...hintay2x pa rin. at least nagreply na.
    Actually kukulitin mo talaga pero bakit sa iba sumasagot sa kanila agad?

"IF YOU ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT".

John 14:14

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

• ziazia Sydney
    hello po! Tanong lang po...

If kumuha ako ng 1year study (aged care III and IV), may extension pa ba ng 1 year ang stay ko or dapat bumalik na sa Pinas? Makakahanap po ba ng work agad after grad?Thank you sa makakasagot ;-)
  • PampangasBestPampangasBest Sydney
    @Siopao23 - nag reply sila saken saying to change my phone number on file, need to accomplish FORM 929 and send it to them.... I replied and asked if papano ko isesend sa kanila. Nag inquire narin ako about my visa status. Will post na lang pag may response na..

VET - Subclass 572
    October 2011 - IELTS Exam
    July 8, 2013 - Received eCoE from Supreme Business College Sydney
    August 7, 2013 - Lodged application through VIA
    August 12, 2013 - Received Acknowledgement email that my application was received together with the medical examination request
    August 14, 2013 - Medical Examination Done @ NHSI
    August 16, 2013 - Medical Results were uploaded to DIAC as per NHSI (phone follow-up)
    October 7, 2013 - Visa Grant!

@Siopao23 - nag reply sila saken saying to change my phone number on file, need to accomplish FORM 929 and send it to them.... I replied and asked if papano ko isesend sa kanila. Nag inquire narin ako about my visa status. Will post na lang pag may response na..
    Hahahaha buti pa sainyo.

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

@Siopao23 - inquire ka rin bro. wala naman masama mag follow-up.

VET - Subclass 572
    August 12, 2013 - Received Acknowledgement email that my application was received together with the medical examination request
    August 16, 2013 - Medical Results were uploaded to DIAC as per NHSI (phone follow-up)

@iheartoz @Siopao23 sa akin after my first attempt to ask for an update at walang reply, palilipasin ko muna. :)) Baka sabihin saken, SUS ANG TAGAL PA NG INTAKE MO, MAGHINTAY KA DIYAN! :)) Kasi ang mura ng PAL ngayon eh! Gusto ko na bmili ng ticket ko! :D

Oct 9 - Received text message from Air 21 and Embassy that my documents has been dispatched.

Commit to the Lord everything you do. Then your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3 (NIRV)

The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more priceless it will become when you achieve it. And the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. All good things are worth waiting for, and worth fighting for.

@bbgirl hahaha. pareho lang naman tayo, malayo pa intake! di nga ako nagchecheck ng flights para di ko na macompare. hehe.
    ang sarap kaya dumating sa AU ng malayo pa ang class date.. maraming time para maka pasyal or work.. to spend time with one's self bago man lang sumabak...

VET - Subclass 572

@iheartoz @Siopao23 sa akin after my first attempt to ask for an update at walang reply, palilipasin ko muna. :)) Baka sabihin saken, SUS ANG TAGAL PA NG INTAKE MO, MAGHINTAY KA DIYAN! :)) Kasi ang mura ng PAL ngayon eh! Gusto ko na bmili ng ticket ko! :D
    Oo nga napakamura nga ng PAL. Hindi naman sila makukukitan naman , pero hindi sila sasagot sa email mo. Hahaha
    @PampangasBest i did, as in everyday wala silang reply

edited October 2013
    @Siopao23, di ko rin talaga maintindihan itong DIAC, sa iba nag rereply, sa iba hindi. At sana naman, nagbayad tayo for them to process, wag naman sanang maging ganyan ang treatment.

We can actually give our negative feedbacks at http://feedback.immi.gov.au/prod/feedback.htm

VET - Subclass 572

$324 lang kasi one way sa PAL sa Feb 11. Gusto ko sana bumili. May rule pa sila if visa denied they will refund your ticket. Ayoko naman ng denied! :D Ay ewan!

Mabuti pumayag ang boss ko na i extend aking resignation. Haist kung hindi patay ako at baka mabaliw sa kakahintay hehehe

• TIntinTIntin Mandaluyong
    Emailed DIBP lastnight regarding status of my medical exam they replied naman "Please be advised that you have been issued a medical clearance for this
    visa application. The assessment is ongoing;" Sept.19 Medical Exam forwarded to embassy. Nov.4 course commencement ko...
  • asdfghjklqwertyasdfghjklqwerty Melbourne
    @iheartoz Finally decided! :D Ayun, dun sa mas malapit talaga. Yun din gusto ng parents (aka. financer lol) ko ;)) Will probably send my application to IDP on Monday :D
  • MiaMia NZ
    ang sarap kaya dumating sa AU ng malayo pa ang class date.. maraming time para maka pasyal or work.. to spend time with one's self bago man lang sumabak...
    @PampangasBest IIRC, bawal pa mag-work hangga't hindi nagsisimula ang classes...
    @asdfghjklqwerty that's good! simulan mo na! :)
  • markier87markier87 Perth
    edited October 2013
    @iheartoz Thanks for the reply! No, he will not finish his studies here sa Pinas. And if bachelors ba, pwede one sem muna ang babayaran? So free lang ang IDP exempt for the VISA application? Okay din nman po ba ang feedback sa services nila? Anybody has the contact for IDP Cebu? We are from Mindanao kasi and mas convenient if Cebu kami magprocess. Please help.

Thanks a bunch! :)

Student Visa - Subclass 574 (SVP) with De Facto Partner
    Temporary Grad Visa - Subclass 485 with De Facto Partner
    Skilled - Permanent - Subclass 189/190 with De Facto Partner
    Australian Citizienship

May 17, 2014 - IELTS Exam (Acad) (L, R, W, S)
    May 30, 2014 - IELTS Results (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-7.5) O- 8.0
    June 27, 2014 - Medicals at NHSI
    July 21, 2014 - Lodged at VFS Cebu
    July 22, 2014 - Received acknowledgment from Embassy
    July 23, 2014 - VISA GRANTED!
    July 30, 2014 - IED in Perth

June 24, 2016 - Submitted WA OQU Assessment
    June 27, 2016 - Received WA OQU Assessment Results - Positive!
    Jan-Apr 2017 - Gather docs for Skills Assessment
    May 10, 2017 - Submitted VETASSESS Application (Online) CHEMIST - 234211
    May 17, 2017 - Got a call from VETASSESS for add'l docs
    May 18, 2017 - Submitted add'l docs requested
    May 26, 2017 - VETASSESS Results - POSITIVE (Chemist)
    Sept 27, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - S
    Sept 30, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - L,R,W
    Oct. 13, 2017 - IELTS Results - (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-9.0) Overall: 8.0

Jan 24, 2019 - Lodged visa 485 (Post-Study Work Stream)
    Feb 01, 2019 - Visa 485 Medicals Done
    Mar 11, 2019 - EOI submitted for subclass 189 (85 pts) and 190 (90 pts)
    Mar 26, 2019 - CO requested docs (visa 485), Updated EOI - (95 pts)
    Apr 08, 2019 - CO requested additional docs (visa 485)
    Apr 11, 2019 - ITA received (visa 189)
    May 09, 2019 - Client Feedback sent (105 days since lodging 485)
    May 14, 2019 - Visa SC 485 refusal - SAD DAY
    May 17, 2019 - AAT appeal lodged online
    June 4, 2019 - Visa SC 189 lodged offshore, AAT appeal dropped
    June 12, 2019 - VA Blood test (medicals done)
    Jan 31, 2020 - SC 189 GRANTED (Direct)
    Feb 11, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for partner)
    Feb 12, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for me) - STILL WAITING
    Mar 25, 2021 - Interview and Test (partner)
    Apr 23, 2021 - Approved (partner)
    TBA - Pledging ceremony (partner)

"To God be the Glory"

Good pm sa lahat. Kanina around 3pm I received a call from Au Embassy. Phone interview. Buti sinagot ko yung phone. I dont usually take calls from an unknown telephone number and kakababa ko lang from FX na sinasakyan ko. Umupo muna ako sa tabi and answered all of the CO's question. :-) Medyo worried ako when she asked about my previous grades in college. Hay now I regret for being so "studious" back then. Di ko pa kasi alam priorities ko nun eh. Kaya sobrang "impressive" ng grades ko. She asked me anong assurance na I am going to do well sa Australia. Hindi ko nasabi sa kanya na I excelled sa dati kong pag aaral sa UK nung Elementary ako. :D Sana na satisfy ko naman ang mga questions niya sa akin. I asked her if my application is too early sabi nya oo daw pero at least she has a lot of time to assess my documents. God willing mabigyan ako ng chance to finish my studies.

Kamusta na kayo? Any updates?

• markier87markier87 Perth
    @bbgirl Hi! Tanong ko lang if anong level nang 573 po kayo? Undergrad po ba or Masters? Kasi I have a friend na 1st year pa lang now and plans to study in Australia.

For everybody else: How do you go about the services offered by IDP? Thanks po. :)

Student Visa - Subclass 574 (SVP) with De Facto Partner
    Temporary Grad Visa - Subclass 485 with De Facto Partner
    Skilled - Permanent - Subclass 189/190 with De Facto Partner
    Australian Citizienship

May 17, 2014 - IELTS Exam (Acad) (L, R, W, S)
    May 30, 2014 - IELTS Results (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-7.5) O- 8.0
    June 27, 2014 - Medicals at NHSI
    July 21, 2014 - Lodged at VFS Cebu
    July 22, 2014 - Received acknowledgment from Embassy
    July 23, 2014 - VISA GRANTED!
    July 30, 2014 - IED in Perth

June 24, 2016 - Submitted WA OQU Assessment
    June 27, 2016 - Received WA OQU Assessment Results - Positive!
    Jan-Apr 2017 - Gather docs for Skills Assessment
    May 10, 2017 - Submitted VETASSESS Application (Online) CHEMIST - 234211
    May 17, 2017 - Got a call from VETASSESS for add'l docs
    May 18, 2017 - Submitted add'l docs requested
    May 26, 2017 - VETASSESS Results - POSITIVE (Chemist)
    Sept 27, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - S
    Sept 30, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - L,R,W
    Oct. 13, 2017 - IELTS Results - (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-9.0) Overall: 8.0

Jan 24, 2019 - Lodged visa 485 (Post-Study Work Stream)
    Feb 01, 2019 - Visa 485 Medicals Done
    Mar 11, 2019 - EOI submitted for subclass 189 (85 pts) and 190 (90 pts)
    Mar 26, 2019 - CO requested docs (visa 485), Updated EOI - (95 pts)
    Apr 08, 2019 - CO requested additional docs (visa 485)
    Apr 11, 2019 - ITA received (visa 189)
    May 09, 2019 - Client Feedback sent (105 days since lodging 485)
    May 14, 2019 - Visa SC 485 refusal - SAD DAY
    May 17, 2019 - AAT appeal lodged online
    June 4, 2019 - Visa SC 189 lodged offshore, AAT appeal dropped
    June 12, 2019 - VA Blood test (medicals done)
    Jan 31, 2020 - SC 189 GRANTED (Direct)
    Feb 11, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for partner)
    Feb 12, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for me) - STILL WAITING
    Mar 25, 2021 - Interview and Test (partner)
    Apr 23, 2021 - Approved (partner)
    TBA - Pledging ceremony (partner)

"To God be the Glory"

573 level 1/SVP po - Bachelor's/ undergraduate. :) it depends po sa achool requirement kung anong level ka natapos dito sa Pinas.

I consulted IDP pero for me kung kumpleto siguro ang docs mo and GTE student ka naman talaga no need ng IDP. Ikaw pa din naman pprocess lhat. I-guiguide ka lang nila. In my case kasi may napili na akong school and course kaya direct na ako sa school. :)

• babezerothreebabezerothree Mandaluyong
    edited October 2013
    Hello. Ask ko lang kung okay lang kaya na mag follow-up na agad ako sa DIAC kahit kakalodge ko lang last September 12, and SLEX confirmed that they've already submitted my M.Examination last September 19. Commencement date ko kasi this coming October 21 na. Anyway, thank you pala sa two persons (forgot the names) na nag comment the last time I asked. Godbless.
    Hello. Ask ko lang kung okay lang kaya na mag follow-up na agad ako sa DIAC kahit kakalodge ko lang last September 12, and SLEX confirmed that they've already submitted my M.Examination last September 19. Commencement date ko kasi this coming October 21 na. Anyway, thank you pala sa two persons (forgot the names) na nag comment the last time I asked. Godbless.
    Yes ok lang yan.

@markier87 i paid one sem only. most schools, one sem lang naman. free ang services ng IDP, including visa application, kung sila nagprocess ng application mo sa school. ibig sabihin, from start to finish, sila ang nag assist sayo. may fee lang sila kung yung application to school, you did on your own tapos visa application assistance na lang ang inavail mong services from them. you can email [email protected]. i'm from mindanao too, btw.
    @zia
    hello po! Tanong lang po...

If kumuha ako ng 1year study (aged care III and IV), may extension pa ba ng 1 year ang stay ko or dapat bumalik na sa Pinas? Makakahanap po ba ng work agad after grad?Thank you sa makakasagot ;-)
    if you're under student visa, yung validity ng visa mo is until matapos mo lang ang course mo. after that, you really have to go back home, unless you find yourself an employer who will sponsor you OR you finished at least a two-year bachelor or masters degree, entitling you to a post study work visa. kung makakahanap ng work agad after graduation, nobody can really tell.