Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

State-Sponsored by one state but chose to live & work in another State

brentbrent PerthPosts: 53Member
Was wondering if any of you guys chose to live & work in a state other than the one which sponsored you, without fulfilling the 2-year "Obligation" as required by the Sponsoring state? Did you encounter any problems when transacting with Govt agencies, or when applying for AU citizenship afterwards?
Post your experiences / tips here!

12/10/2011 - IELTS L=8.5, R=8.0, W=7.5, S=7.0
01/15/2012 - EA skills assessment application
02/23/2012 - EA positive Assessment
03/20/2012 - WA SS approved
03/25/2012 - Lodged visa 176 application
05/10/2012 - COC application, uploaded NBI
05/18/2012 - Medicals via e-health
05/24/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!

Comments

• AiwinkAiwink Melbourne
    @brent sI @paris_hipon dapat ata sumagot nito kse I know yun yung balak nya... Probably most people will do the 2 year first... I will, kse pumirma ako at baka may legal implications kse. 2 years lang naman ilang kembot lang yun! :)

Here is my timeline with fees incurred :) 2012
    April 21- IELTS Passed (British Council Sg S$310)/ April-March -requirements for VETASSES, CTC 4 copies,DHL etc. (S$600)/March 19- Apply VETASSES online ($1150 aud)/June 06, 2012 - VETASSES (Architectural Draftsman) feedback positive /August 08- Apply EOI visa 190 at 70 points/September 11- Resubmit EOI (Was asked to change EOI form)/November 22- Apply for SS in WA (arch draftsman still available)/November 22- Resubmit EOI (changed the State from Victoria to WA)/December 05- Initial Contact by DIAC saying WA is interested./December 07- WA SS approved December 10- DIAC Invitation received (1 week down ecomm) December 14- Lodged Visa $3050aud (plus technical issues of ecom visa was "lodged" December 21 daw)/ Dec 28 - Medicals (frontload)/January 8 -CO Assigned/January 23-PCC/ JANUARY 23---VISA GRANT!!!!!!!!!!

• MetaformMetaform Melbourne
    edited December 2012
    Some say it is more of a moral obligation than a legal one. Pero since some states require some sort of signed declaration, delikado na dahil nasa black and white na.

CO and Visa Grant: 9 Oct 2012
    The beginning of the rest of our lives: January 4, 2013

• brentbrent Perth
    @Metaform Ako kasi nag-sign din ng agrement na yan e, kaya medyo tagilid. Hehe... Although nabasa ko sa FAQs na pwde naman daw mag request sa sponsor state ng release dun sa agreement. Anyway po, thanks for your advise, i think may dahilan ba't ako naapprove sa WA kaya push ko p rin dun.
    @Aiwink yup may nadaanan nga akong discussion n c paris_hipon ang main topic, kaya ayun sumangguni din ako sa knya. Hehe...

Thanks po & cheers!!!

• paris_hiponparis_hipon Sydney
    huyyy wag mu naman ako ibuking shhh!!

nyahahhaha joke lang. As spoken on our pm also for the info for other readers, just check pomsinoz.com madami silang thread about this. Debates and stuff. But after you read the posts there, bottom line, its ok to work in another state as its not a prerequisite in applying for your citizenship.

I havent contacted my ss and havent told them im working in nsw. Im thinking just not to contact them, if they contact me I will reply but if they dont I wont. So far they havent contacted me yet. I dont think they check every single person who got the ss about when they will arrive in australia, or if they have arrived in aus. I dont know, I just think they dont do that in my intuition.

@brent sI @paris_hipon dapat ata sumagot nito kse I know yun yung balak nya... Probably most people will do the 2 year first... I will, kse pumirma ako at baka may legal implications kse. 2 years lang naman ilang kembot lang yun! :)

21.jan.12 - Vetasses Positive
    16.may.12 - 4th Ielts - IDP - L8.5 R7.5 W7.0 S7.5 = 7.5 - Pass
    15.june.12 - State sponsorship Approved
    19.june.12 - 176 Visa applied at DIAC
    20.july.2012 - Singapore & Phi. Police checks finalised
    17.aug.2012 - VISA GRANT
    29.sept.2012 - Landed Sydney Alone! @_@ #$%&*#$^$

edited December 2012
    You are right. Its better to follow your state sponsorship. 2 yrs nga lang at ilang kembot. But as long as you are sure that you will get a job there. I took 2 weeks before I got a job in Sydney ( I was just blessed I think), I applied for call center agent, housecleaner, admin assistant, cad draftsman, interior designer. By experience, it is hard to FIND a job here. I had 6 interviews, 5 is fail, I got hired in a design company since my house is like 15 mins away from it so I think that was the biggest factor why I got hired.

Just make sure you will get a job on your state sponsorship. A job you like and you can do. When I went in the interviews, a lot of people from all over the world were like jobless for 2 months or more and looking for a job here. A lot of people from euro, south america are here looking for job in Sydney so its quite hard also to find a job.

I dont mind staying in South aus my ss, but my main concern is I think i cant get a job there since theres only 1 or 2 job openings there in seek.com and mostly when I apply they dont reply. So in short, thats the reason why i went in nsw since theres more job opportunities here and I dont think I can do other jobs like hotel cleaners and other manual job mejo maarts kase ko hehe.

Thats just my advise, as long as you can get a job you like in your ss, then stay there. And if you cant find a job there then find another state. If your jobless but yer staing in your ss whats the point???

Its still up to you to decide to follow it or not. Cheers!

17.aug.2012 - VISA GRANT

• issaissa Melbourne
    @paris_hipon , Idol kita sis, Bongga parang miss u lang ang mga sagot sa mga tanong! Merry Christmas sis! :)

Skill nominated :262113 Systems Administrator|Oct 12, 2011 -Submitted documents to ACS|Oct 28, 2011 -ACS result ( Comparable to an Australian Bachelor's Degree)|March 31, 2012- IELTS Exam|April 13, 2012 -IELTS Result ( R-7.5 L-7.5 W-6.5 S-7.5=OB=7.5), requested for remarking but no change|July 01, 2012- EOI submitted|Aug 02, 2012- Submitted SA SS ( visa 190)|Nov 06, 2012 - SA SS approval and 190 Invitation :) | Nov 08,2012- Lodged 190 visa|| Nov 23,2012- Visa Grant! Thank God, Almighty! :)

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited December 2012
    You are right. Its better to follow your state sponsorship. 2 yrs nga lang at ilang kembot. But as long as you are sure that you will get a job there. I took 2 weeks before I got a job in Sydney ( I was just blessed I think), I applied for call center agent, housecleaner, admin assistant, cad draftsman, interior designer. By experience, it is hard to FIND a job here. I had 6 interviews, 5 is fail, I got hired in a design company since my house is like 15 mins away from it so I think that was the biggest factor why I got hired.

Just make sure you will get a job on your state sponsorship. A job you like and you can do. When I went in the interviews, a lot of people from all over the world were like jobless for 2 months or more and looking for a job here. A lot of people from euro, south america are here looking for job in Sydney so its quite hard also to find a job.

I dont mind staying in South aus my ss, but my main concern is I think i cant get a job there since theres only 1 or 2 job openings there in seek.com and mostly when I apply they dont reply. So in short, thats the reason why i went in nsw since theres more job opportunities here and I dont think I can do other jobs like hotel cleaners and other manual job mejo maarts kase ko hehe.

Thats just my advise, as long as you can get a job you like in your ss, then stay there. And if you cant find a job there then find another state. If your jobless but yer staing in your ss whats the point???

Its still up to you to decide to follow it or not. Cheers!
    wow.. ang galing naman ni paris hipon. napa hanga naman ako sa galing ng explanaition. . cheers

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

just do what you gotta do brent. you are smart look at your ielts test grade!!! hahaha

17.aug.2012 - VISA GRANT

• clayeeclayee Edison
    Hi paris_hipon thanks for posting this info. This is very helpful. I'm going to NT my SS next year. Dun kasi pwede yung IELTS score ko. Medyo konti nga ang IT opportunity sa NT so I'm also planning to move to other state. But I will still try to find a job there, if after a month or two wala pa rin, move na po ako sa iba.

Minsan kasi akala natin kaya tayo na-approved kasi para dun tayo, pero baka way lang yun para makarating tayo sa AU, then meron pa palang mas magandang opportunity sa ibang state na naghihintay sa tin.
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    Hi paris_hipon thanks for posting this info. This is very helpful. I'm going to NT my SS next year. Dun kasi pwede yung IELTS score ko. Medyo konti nga ang IT opportunity sa NT so I'm also planning to move to other state. But I will still try to find a job there, if after a month or two wala pa rin, move na po ako sa iba.

Minsan kasi akala natin kaya tayo na-approved kasi para dun tayo, pero baka way lang yun para makarating tayo sa AU, then meron pa palang mas magandang opportunity sa ibang state na naghihintay sa tin.
    Hi advise ko lang hanggat maari pilitin pa rin makakita ng work kung saan state kayo sponsored. Mag paalam muna kung papayagan ng DIAC na lumipat at kung nakalipat inform agad ang DIAC para di maka epekto in the future kung sakali mag apply ng citizenship. cheers

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• brentbrent Perth
    @paris_hipon & @TotoyOZresident thanks po sa mga advise nyo. Well noted & priceless tips indeed. =)

just in case po makatulong sa iba na may kaparehong dilemma, eto po yung galing sa website ng WA (i'm not sure kung same lang ang ruling pagdating sa ibang states):
    http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Frequentquestionsaboutstatesponsorship.aspx

Q: Am I able to relocate to another state even though I have not resided in Western Australia for two years post visa grant and what is the course of action for the applicant?
    A:
    By accepting State sponsorship you made a commitment to live and work in Western Australia for a period of two years and signed an agreement with the Government of Western Australia to do so. Applicants who request to relocate to another state will need to apply for release from their signed agreement through Skilled Migration WA.

Happy New year guys.
    Sa mga palipad pa lang, next year will be our Aussie year!
    Cheers po & Good Luck sa lahat!

• LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Guys baka mahagilap niyo yung thread na ganito rin usapan :) Para may additional reference ang mga may ganitong dilemma :)
  • KeyarKeyar Brisbane
    Hi guys!
    Just to share.
    State sponsored din ako in Vic. Done with my 2 years. they sent me survey or info forms through email hanggang matapos yun 2 years. Siguro naka 5 or 6 na send. i have to state my address, work, company. If I remember it right, nasa email nila na it's an obligation to reply or answer the sent form as part of the sponsorship, kasi nakalimutan ko once.

And meron din ko 2 friends na state sponsored din in Vic but sa ibang state sila pumunta. No emails were sent to them by the Vic govt. Siguro random lang sya.

Hope this helps. :)
  • hotshothotshot Sydney
    Hi guys!
    Just to share.
    State sponsored din ako in Vic. Done with my 2 years. they sent me survey or info forms through email hanggang matapos yun 2 years. Siguro naka 5 or 6 na send. i have to state my address, work, company. If I remember it right, nasa email nila na it's an obligation to reply or answer the sent form as part of the sponsorship, kasi nakalimutan ko once.

And meron din ko 2 friends na state sponsored din in Vic but sa ibang state sila pumunta. No emails were sent to them by the Vic govt. Siguro random lang sya.

Hope this helps. :)
    hindi kaya dahil di nila ininform ang State of Victoria na dumating na sila ng oz? hehe

May 21 2012 - lodged visa 176 (NSW) online application
    May 30 2012 - CO allocation
    Jul 16 2012 - Visa Granted! (IED Deadline: May 16, 2013)
    Jan 19 2013 - Arrived in Sydney
    Jan 20 2013 - Started our job hunt
    Mar 11 2013 - Officially became a "HOUSE-BAND" :)
    Apr 22 2013 - End of my "HOUSE-BAND" career :)

• clayeeclayee Edison
    thanks po sa mga info! happy new year! :)
  • qgndqgnd Melbourne
    edited January 2013
    happy new year to all! :D

kami rin may SS from SA at ako ung main applicant. willing naman ako mg-comply sa two-year obligation pero ang worry ko ay ang number of available jobs sa SA.

kaya napaisip kami na si mrs at anak namin dun kaya mg-stay sa tiyahin ni mrs sa NSW habang ako sa SA.

Baka sakali matagalan ako makahanap ng work sa SA, si mrs mas maraming job opportunities sa Sydney plus ung anak namin pwd maiwan sa tita nya.

may nakagawa naba nito? ung two-year obligation dapat ba whole family ang mg-comply or pwd na ung main applicant lng?
  • MetaformMetaform Melbourne
    @hotshot yes it is the migrant's responsibility to inform the sponsor state of his arrival. After a week ko dito tsala ko lang naalala to inform vic smp, then saka nila sinend first of the five surveys.

CO and Visa Grant: 9 Oct 2012
    The beginning of the rest of our lives: January 4, 2013

• angel4everangel4ever Adelaide

kami rin may SS from SA at ako ung main applicant. willing naman ako mg-comply sa two-year obligation pero ang worry ko ay ang number of available jobs sa SA.

kaya napaisip kami na si mrs at anak namin dun kaya mg-stay sa tiyahin ni mrs sa NSW habang ako sa SA.

Baka sakali matagalan ako makahanap ng work sa SA, si mrs mas maraming job opportunities sa Sydney plus ung anak namin pwd maiwan sa tita nya.

may nakagawa naba nito? ung two-year obligation dapat ba whole family ang mg-comply or pwd na ung main applicant lng?
    Eto rin nasa isip ko, sa relatives ko muna ako sa NSW habang naghahanap ng work sa Perth / WA para makabawas naman sa gastos on accommodation. Then kapag meron na makitang work saka na lang punta ng WA. But I plan to work sa NSW para maka-ipon din. Ok lang kaya yun?

Meron na kaya nagpaalam sa State to release from sign agreement and na-grant?
    Sana may makatulong dito sa forums. :(
  • icebreaker1928icebreaker1928 Sydney
    @angel4ever anong field ka?
    kung IT, may kilala akong agent na may client sa WA... PM me for details.
    @icebreaker1928 Urban Planner po eh. :) hirap nga eh. hahaha.
    @angel4ever sayang hehee... anyway goodluck sa job hunting... kaya mo yan :)
  • TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka

Eto rin nasa isip ko, sa relatives ko muna ako sa NSW habang naghahanap ng work sa Perth / WA para makabawas naman sa gastos on accommodation. Then kapag meron na makitang work saka na lang punta ng WA. But I plan to work sa NSW para maka-ipon din. Ok lang kaya yun?

Meron na kaya nagpaalam sa State to release from sign agreement and na-grant?
    Sana may makatulong dito sa forums. :(
    dunno if meron na ganyan but there are some who opted to go elsewhere from the state that sponsored them - sabi ok naman daw, but i say di natin malalaman yan unless the time will come na mag-apply ng citizenship or PR visa renewal. i would not be surprised if the will ask why you did not honor the agreement set when you got the visa grant.

on your case naman, pwede naman cguro ito coz pupunta ka naman sa WA eventually to serve your 2 yrs. you can always argue that you DID your 2 yrs within the span of time your visa was valid. just take note though that baka ma sanay ka na sa buhay sa NSW (which i reckon you will be staying in sydney) - moving from a metropolis to a small city in perth may not be to your total liking.

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!

@psychoboy pwede rin reverse mangyari... magustuhan nya ang not so busy city ng Perth compared to Sydney :)
    @psychoboy pwede rin reverse mangyari... magustuhan nya ang not so busy city ng Perth compared to Sydney :)
    pwede din!! :)

• brentbrent Perth
    @angel4ever
    i tried calling State Migration WA informing them of my request for the release from the "2 yr Agreement". reason ko is mas maraming opprtunities kasi sa VIC / QLD for me (although ang totoo talaga is may nakita akong long time friend na tutuluyan sa VIC / QLD).
    then tinanong nila ako kung gaano na daw ba ko katagal sa WA, and when I said, sorry, pero wala pa ako dun actually. then sabi nila is, hndi daw pwede, dahil may agreement akong pinirmahan.
    Come to think of it, reading between the lines, kung sinagot ko ba na, I've been here 2 mos, 3 mos, eh papayag kaya sila? so i'm guessing, at least, try to stay in the Sponsoring state for a couple of months, and try to settle there (find a job, what have you), then kung wala talaga, saka na lang magpaalam sa Sponsoring State.
    This way, I think, will be fair & just on both parties... Worth giving a try, I guess.

• lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    @angel4ever
    i tried calling State Migration WA informing them of my request for the release from the "2 yr Agreement". reason ko is mas maraming opprtunities kasi sa VIC / QLD for me (although ang totoo talaga is may nakita akong long time friend na tutuluyan sa VIC / QLD).
    then tinanong nila ako kung gaano na daw ba ko katagal sa WA, and when I said, sorry, pero wala pa ako dun actually. then sabi nila is, hndi daw pwede, dahil may agreement akong pinirmahan.
    Come to think of it, reading between the lines, kung sinagot ko ba na, I've been here 2 mos, 3 mos, eh papayag kaya sila? so i'm guessing, at least, try to stay in the Sponsoring state for a couple of months, and try to settle there (find a job, what have you), then kung wala talaga, saka na lang magpaalam sa Sponsoring State.
    This way, I think, will be fair & just on both parties... Worth giving a try, I guess.
    parang may nabasa akong ganyan dati.. they proved na wala nga talagang mahanap na work sa state na yun.. they said na matagal na sila dun.. and then they finally found a job sa ibang state.. pinayagan naman sila..

they just want you to try your best to satisfy your initial SS commitment,
    kung wala talga then saka na humanap ng iba...
    i think hindi nmn cruel ang DIAC, if you can prove your case..
    meron naman silang guidelines for "compassionate and compelling" issues..
    ;)

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

@angel4ever
    parang may nabasa akong ganyan dati.. they proved na wala nga talagang mahanap na work sa state na yun.. they said na matagal na sila dun.. and then they finally found a job sa ibang state.. pinayagan naman sila..

they just want you to try your best to satisfy your initial SS commitment,
    kung wala talga then saka na humanap ng iba...
    i think hindi nmn cruel ang DIAC, if you can prove your case..
    meron naman silang guidelines for "compassionate and compelling" issues..
    ;)
    As long as documented and you asked permission to transfer, I doubt if they will make this an issue moving forward... :)

Err. nawala ung comment ko haba pa naman nun. X_X

anyway, maraming salamat po sa lahat ng nagreply, d ko na po itag lahat. Maghananap na lang po ako ng work sa Perth while in Sydney. Nabasa ko po kasi sa ibang thread na mahirap maghanap ng work kung wala pa AU address ska AU mobile number. Pero while in Sydney, maghahanap na lang ako ng part-time work or temporary work. Wala naman po kasi ako intention na hindi icomply yung 2years kahit pa hindi ung preferred kong work as long Siguro kung mga 2-3 months na ako naghahanp ng work sa Perth / WA at wala pa rin baka pumayag na ang State Migration WA.

@lock_code2004 you mentioned on another thread na yung initial entry kahit sa ibang state.. Kung more than a month kaya ako sa Sydney considered as initial entry pa rin un? haha. Ang worry ko din po kasi sabi sa SS approval letter:

"Applicants using Western Australian state sponsorship are required to live in Western Australia for at least the first 2 years after visa grant."

pero po sa State Sponsorship Agreement (yung pinirmahan)

"1.You remain living and working in Western Australia for a period of two years after obtaining your visa;
    2.You keep the Western Australian Government informed of your contact details after your arrival;"

Haaaaay, 5days to go before my flight.. Hirap talaga pag solo mode.
    :-((

OT: @icebreaker1928: ung kakilala nyo po nageemployer sponsored sa IT? Yung BF ko po kasi Software Engineer. Let me know details. hehe. Baka makapasa siya sa NSW magpapakasal na lang kami pagdating nya dito para may reason na ako umalis ng WA. Lol. Baka tanggapin un as "compassionate and compelling"

THANKS po.. =)
    @angel4ever nde po... kelangan po may valid visa na...
  • lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    @angel4ever - wala nmn po problema dun.. hindi nmn sila nanghuhuli ng taga ibang state..
    pagdating na pagdating mo sa WA, inform them agad para mag-start na ang 2-yr residency period mo..

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)