Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (Step by step)

Comments

• batanglaboybatanglaboy Mandaluyong
    Saka yung total tuition fee ba buong course or 1 year lang for the show money sa visa application?
  • danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    Pag masters degree ba dapat 2 yrs or kahit 1 yr course for PR application?
    to be able to apply for pr, the course needs to be a 2 year program....

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010

• Jovanniramos36Jovanniramos36 Melbourne
    hi guys... happy sunday! Still waiting and praying.. sana grant na visa ntin lahat.

God bless!
  • beiabeia Davao City
    Hi! Ask lng po ako if once ma grant na ang student visa, kelangan pa ba ng appearance sa AUS embassy? Or kelangan pa ba yung passport sa embassy before travelling to AUS? I want to be sure lang before buying tickets. Wala kasi sinabi sa email about it eh.Thanks in advance and God bless us all :)
  • superluckycloversuperluckyclover Melbourne, VIC
    @beia Nope just print out the grant letter

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

261311 - Analyst Programmer | Age: 30 | Education: 15 | Australian Education: 5 | English Proficiency: 20 | NAATI CCL: 5 | Professional Year: 5 | Total: 80

Timeline:
    26 Oct 2015 - Visa 573 Granted
    01 Nov 2015 - The Eagle has landed
    02 Nov 2015 - First Day High
    15 Feb 2017 - Hubby and Bubba joined me in Melbourne
    01 Dec 2017 - Graduated Masters!
    21 Mar 2018 - Visa 485 Granted
    20 Feb 2019 - Sat NAATI CCL Exam in Adelaide
    21 Mar 2019 - ACS Skills Assessment Positive, Qualification has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a Major in computing.
    23 Apr 2019 - Medicals Cleared - No actions required
    29 Apr 2019 - Submitted EOI for 189
    11 Jul 2019 - ITA received
    23 Jul 2019 - Lodged Visa 189! Speaking life over our PR application ♡
    04 Feb 2020 - CO Michael Contact (Asking for Evidence of NAATI CCL pass document, Status: Initial Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Responded to CO Contact, attached evidence of NAATI CCL documents (Status: Further Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Provided Compliment Feedback via DHA website
    06 Feb 2020 - Received Feedback Acknowledgement email from CO Sebastian
    06 Feb 2020 - Golden Visa Grant! PRAISE GOD!
    08 Apr 2022 - Received Citizenship Interview & Test Appointment letter
    27 Apr 2022 - Australian Citizenship by Conferral approved
    20 July 2022 - Australian Citizenship Oath Taking Whitehorse Council

• danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    praying for your visa grants guys.....it's spring season now in OZ....

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010

• batusaiibatusaii Quezon City
    Good morning guys.. Any update sa status nyo? Saken wala pa din.. hoping na magrant na tau this week.. Keep praying!
  • aiayosefaiayosef Sydney
    Pag masters degree ba dapat 2 yrs or kahit 1 yr course for PR application?
    to be able to apply for pr, the course needs to be a 2 year program....

im taking 4year course po. do i need to finish po b buong 4 year course or after 2 years pde n apply for pr? 189 or 190 po ba un which is under point system nila? thank you po!
  • marchbabymarchbaby Sydney
    Naiinfo overload ako sa dami ng nababasa ko :-O I am planning to apply for Student Visa and I have no idea what to do first so is my Aunt. I've been reading the forum for a few days now pero wala pa rin ako naiintindihan. Zero background talaga sa visa processing. Tita ko magssponsor saken on my expenses. I am planning to go on Makati-IDP next week for counselling, is it free? Necessary bang magtake ng IELTS short course for exam preparation.
    I am an accounting graduate with 2 years experience as an accounting assistant 9mos as an internal auditor, pero more on clerical lang background ko. I dont know kung anong kukunin ko kasi Nagsearch ako may diploma course and bachelor (pero related pa rin sa degree ko sa PH), dun na ko sa school na may pinakamababang tuition in Sydney if ever. Any advice po? May chance ba ako for permanency if yung less than a year course lang kukunin ko? thank you po, pasensya na po wala kasi talaga po ako idea pa.

Life's Little Instruction 1490: "Remember that nothing important was ever achieved without someone's taking a chance."-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

• Siopao23Siopao23 North Ryde
    @marchbaby first australian citizen o pr ba tita mo? Para maging eligible sya mag sponsor sayo. For PR purposes since accountung grad ka mag masters ka na lang kasi mas mataas ang chances mo to get pr. IDP is free.

"IF YOU ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT".

John 14:14

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

@beeeeeeemari sis nagtake ka pa ba ng short course for preparation sa IELTS exam?

Life's Little Instruction 1490: "Remember that nothing important was ever achieved without someone's taking a chance."-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

• batanglaboybatanglaboy Mandaluyong
    Pag under SVP processing ba need pa din ng bank statements for funding? Ty all.
    @Siopao23 yes australian citizen sya. necessary ba mag enrol sa IELTS short course for IELTS exam preparation?

• Siopao23Siopao23 North Ryde
    @marchbaby kung di ka masyado confident na makukuha mo yung band na kailangan. Ako kasi nag review gamit internet.

"IF YOU ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT".

John 14:14

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

• joiceyjoicey Mandaluyong
    @haideeN hi my name is joice, im a registered nurse here in Phil. and I am married. I hope you could help help me cause im quite confused. we went to idp yesterday and had our one on one counseling the counselor advised us to get bachelors programs instead of short courses. i was thinking anu po kaya advantage if i enroll the bachelors ? and also what are the disadvantages if i choose the short term courses? kasi bachelors program could cause 500k each sem? kikitain po kaya namin magasawa yun sa sydney??mgagawan ng paraan yung pang enroll for the first sem but the second sem onwarda will depend on us kung mkakapag work po kami dun. anu po kaya mganda gawin?thanks po s mkakasagot

another question po? i applied for tourist way back 2013 and got denied makakaapekto po kaya sya sa application cause they said meron ng GTE? my mga ndeny na po ba s student? and pwede po ba mgsponsor ng funds ang sister in law? sorry po dami question
  • MiaMia NZ
    @joicey Are you a practising registered nurse with years of experience under your best or are you just an RN? What is your goal in Australia? Do you have the qualifications for residency? What is your husband's job? Why go for the student route?

Those are only a few questions that you need to answer but probably the most important is why study in Australia? This is what the GTE tries to deal with.

500k a sem, you can probably earn with hardwork but with other expenses and taxes and limitation on work hours, it won't be enough. You need to have enough dough in order to live and study there.

Bachelor's (minimum of two years) will make you eligible for the post study visa.
    Short courses will as well but you may have to take a couple of short courses to comply with the two year rule.

Studying for just a year will not make you eligible for anything. Prospective students need to know why they want to enter via the student route and not the usual proper routes. Kailangan ding pag-isipang mabuti at magresearch ng maigi.

Tourist visa denial shouldn't affect the student visa application ideally but it probably will since they have records. The officer would think, "Why was she denied then? Has her circumstances changed? Will she have funds to finance her stay?"

Is your sister-in-law your husband's sister? Then yes she can sponsor your husband (with you as dependent). Is she your brother's wife? Then nope she can sponsor her family (blood).

So ayun ate suggest ko sa'yo na research ka muna kasi ikaw lang din ang maka-didiscover kung anong mga sagot sa katanungan mo... Research mo yung standard of living, madali bang ma-hire sa part time job... Maging realistic din sa figures dahil hindi madali ang buhay sa ibang bansa...
    thank you so much @mia for the info. my sister in law is my husbands sister but my husband is not willing to study in australia but instead work there as my student dependent. so you are saying that if we push through with the application with my husband we may be able to earn the tuition fee ang worries ko kasi bka pag nandun na kami sa maging burden pa kami s family namin. btw i worked in hospital for two years i decided to apply for student kasi mas malaki chances na makakuha ng visa instead of applying as nurse agad lalo na 5yrs working experiece ang required
    what do you mean by post study visa? sorry iam not familiar pa kasi.
  • anncardy7anncardy7 Melbourne
    @joicey You need a lot of research. And No, in-laws cannot be eligible sponsor. You need proof of funds, regardless kung SVP ka. There are cases here na kahit SVP, they were asked for proof of funds. All funds must be liquid. Your sponsor must have a continuous income (work, business, etc) and you have to provide support for all your claims. Please read all the guidelines set by DIBP for student visas. Start there. Then search for universities.
    @joicey if your nursing experience is "eloquent," some agencies advise to take routes like bridging but because of competition with local nurses in Aussie, medyo mahigpit na ang assessing body for nurses and matagal na ang processing. Just to rely the info my friend told me. Kung matagal tagal yung experience mo, it is advised "daw" to take nursing conversion programs. However if, I don't know the term kasi for nurses---if that is related to the number of beds, etc." Then they advise the 2 year or 3 year bachelors.
    @anncardy7 yes sis yun dn advise ng idp the best way is to take bachelors program no bank statement or show money needed. are you in australia na if i may ask?? what course are you taking up?
    @anncardy7 hi again just wanna ask what is post study visa? and how is it? if you have idea lng :) thank you so much for your time
    @joicey Post-study work visa is I guess, an advantage given to the students who took 2-year higher degree courses such as masters, bachelors, etc.. So it's like giving you additional 2 year stay in Australia to apply your knowledge, gain skill and experience with Australian employer, etc etc. I advise you to read the DIBP page, Department of Immigration and Border Protection. That's the first step. Research and load yourself with the info about student visas. :) Good luck!
  • MiaMia NZ
    @joicey

Temporary Graduate visa (two streams):

Graduate Work stream – for international students with an eligible qualification who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.
    Post-Study Work stream – for international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. This stream is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years from the date the visa is granted, depending on the visa applicant's qualification.

I really really suggest browsing the ABF website. Dito naman talaga dapat ang unang puntahan kapag nagre-research... https://www.border.gov.au/

Regarding the 500k yes I did say you may earn it but I did also say it won't be enough. 'Di lang naman tuition ang gastos eh.

You have to understand that getting a valid visa is not synonymous to being granted a permanent stay in OZ. It's never easier on a student visa. Can't even be a nurse on a student visa or a temp grad visa (unless you studied BSN/MSN). Sure it will open up pathways but the easiest, costliest, and fastest path will always be GSM (General Skilled Migration).

5 years working experience on nurses is justified. Try to look at it from the Australian perspective... Would you want to hire a nurse with only a year's experience over the one who has 5 years of experience...? Who is more deserving of a visa?

OZ is in need of experienced nurses (>5 years of experience) and experienced nurses' skills will always be valuable. This does not mean those with less experience are not welcomed, it's just that with the current nursing conditions in OZ, it will be much harder for them (and they cannot claim extra points for GSM).

So think about it carefully, don't just decide on something just for the sake of finally stepping in Australia. Good luck!
  • SamantitaSamantita Melbourne
    @joicey : hello po. reading your post, i can sense you are worried if you can support your expenses living is OZ.

just a suggestion, if you really want to push through your student visa (husband dependent) in OZ, enroll in a masteral course which will give you unlimited work right, though it is not an assurance that you can get a job right away and not an assurance that it will cover all your expenses in OZ. the tuition fee is quite higher than bachelor.

im on the process of my student visa to take masteral course and the initial amount needed for tuition and insurance is around 500k that for 1semester only. ill be bringing my husband with me (both in IT field) so that we can help each other fulfill our dreams. as per most forumers here, life in OZ is not as easy as what we think, especially for us beginners.

SO GOODLUCK SA ATING LAHAT... ;) ;) :(

March 2015 - IELTS self study review
    March 27, 2015 - Speaking exam
    March 28, 2015 - Reading, Writing and Listening exam
    April 11, 2015 - got the EILTS exam result (passed). Thank you Lord God
    April 25, 2015 - send documents for school admission to the agent...
    ----vacation mode-----
    July 27, 2015 - Paid the FedUni and school tuition fee
    August 04, 2015 - Paid OSHC
    August 04, 2015 - Recieved COE
    ----waiting for maturity of the showmoney-----
    September 22, 2015 - VFS recieved application
    September 22, 2015 - required for medical
    September 28, 2015 - done with medical
    ----waiting again, kakaba-kaba----
    October 16, 2015 - VISA GRANT. thank you LORD

Hubby Main Applicant
    April 21, 2016 - ACS Assessment_262113 (Systems Administrator) - 3yrs credited
    June 20, 2016 - Apply for ACS Review_263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) - 2yrs credited. Naging worst
    -------Go lang ng Go---------------

"Lord God, your plans are better than ours, we trust in you."

@Samantita thanks for the advise :)
  • CasseyCassey Melbourne, Australia
    edited September 2015
    @joicey Hi, My husband is a Registered Nurse in the Phil as well and right now he is taking up a 1yr Nursing course in Deakin University here in Australia. Some of his subjects were credited that's why it's just a year. With regards to your question kung kakayanin ba yung tuition just from the earnings here... Hmmm, it's quite difficult considering the work hours.. It is advisable that you should at least have some spare money kasi just like what others said It's not only the tuition fee that you need to pay. You also need to have the OSHC and of course the weekly house rentals, food and fare... It probably be dependent on what kind of visa you'll be having. Pag masteral, may unli work hours and graduate visa after. Mahal nga lang din and if I'm not mistaken It'll take 2yrs for you to complete it. In my husband's POV, why take a longer course if my option na shorter time lang yung aral tsaka makakapagapply na ng PR visa afterwards. Different visas have their pros and cons so know what your purpose is first and weigh all the options that are available. God Bless.

June 16, 2013 Arrival in Melbourne (AGED CARE)
    Nov 12, 2014 Changed Visa Subclass (572->573) and Course
    Nov 13, 2014 573 Visa Approved
    Mar 2015 Nursing Conversion Course (Deakin Uni) started
    April 13, 2016 Lodged EOI thru Skill Select
    April 27, 2016 Received invitation to apply for Visa 189 (Nurse)
    May 2, 2016 Lodged application for 189 Visa (Onshore)
    May 11, 2016 CO contacted for Form 80/Medicals of daughter
    June 17, 2016 189 VISA GRANTED Thank you my amazing God :)

Dec14, 2017 Citizenship application
    March 21, 2019 Citizenship Ceremony :)

"Happy is the person who learns to wait as he prays and never loses his patience, for God's time is the best time."

• kindredkindred Sydney
    Hi everyone,

Been reading this thread, and I must admit all of you have such a zealous effort to achieve your OZ dream, despite some odds. There are pros and cons but it depends on the person's disposition on viewing things. It's not easy, BUT it's neither impossible. Just be positive about everything while being practical and realistic.

That's the way to go!
    Just paying it forward to the forum where I sought help too when I started my own Oz dream!

Good luck!

IELTS - 5/ 06/13-- L-8.5; S-8.5;W-8.5;R-8.5
    ANZSCO CODE:241411
    Assessment (AITSL) - 18/07/13
    Assessment Positive Result-11/09/13
    EOI lodged-11/09/13
    Invitation SI(Subclass 189)-16/09/13
    Visa lodgement-05/10/13
    PCC and All docs upload- 10/10/13
    Form 80 upload- 24/10/13
    Medicals Done/ Uploaded ( SLEC )- 31/10/13
    Uploaded Docs Received (DIBP screen )- 31/10/13
    CO allocated- 20/11/13- GSM Brisbane Team 34
    Visa Granted: 25/11/13
    Date first hired: Jan 2014
    Registered and accredited BOSTES- April 2014
    Second Job- April 2014 Language College Sydney- Part time
    Third Job- July 2015 to present ESL Full time high school teacher in a Grammar School in Sydney
    --In Him alone is our strength--- in God's grace!!

• Jovanniramos36Jovanniramos36 Melbourne
    Hi guys, visa grant na kami ni wife thank god! thank you din sa forum na ito dami ako natutunan lalo na sa mga tao matulongin. god bless po and good luck satin lahat.