Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

PTE ACADEMIC

Comments

• aishee5aishee5 Victoria
    bakit ang bilis ng result ninyo? yung sa akin 4 days g=ago pa until now wla pang result. nakaka worry na tlaga. :(
  • Deaniel_17Deaniel_17 Philippines
    Thanks Heprex
  • greenapplegreenapple nsw
    @eynah_gee Thankyou! and all the best sa upcoming exam mo. anu ang ginagawa mung preparation for speaking? Pronunciation or oral fluency ang mejo mababa mu na scores last time? i cant really figure out paanu ko malman whats the problem on my pronunciation kasi when i try to use the apps napipickup nman. Maybe an expert native speaker can help cguro hehee..

@berryhalley congrats again ! :) thanks sa tips.

@glitch88 positivity is the key. Minsan when you feel na nahirapan k after the exam dun pa positive ang results:)

Matthew 7:7
    Ask and you will receive, search and you will find, knock and the door will be opened for you.

Psalm 23
    The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Eventhough I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

@gillianLeoh2017 @YoungJebediah congratulations! All the best sa next step ng applications nio! :) Please share tips for us ... Sana kami din grumaduate na..

Ask and you will receive, search and you will find, knock and the door will be opened for you.

Psalm 23
    The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Eventhough I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

• eynah_geeeynah_gee Singapore
    @greenapple Pronunciation ang mababa sakin. grabe makahila yang pronunciation. Sa totoo lang kahit ako di ko na din ma figure out eh pero sa ngayon, tinutuloy ko pa din yung sa note app. Katulad pa din ng dati, napi pick up naman. Tapos ung sa describe image ang ginagamit ko eh macmillan and ung offline practice test. nagpo focus lang ako ngayon sa speaking. pahapyaw lang ako sa ibang subtest.
  • pink_angel19pink_angel19 Singapore
    hi guys! ask ko lang po ano required PTE score for NSW state sponsorship? salamat po
  • gillianLeoh2017gillianLeoh2017 Philippines
    @greenapple , thank you sooo much! Purely God's will din talaga. I'll share my experience and sana makatulong din sa inyo.

11:30am yung sched ko nung 19 and first ko yun kaya di ako familiar sa lugar and sa malayo pa ako nanggaling. pagdating ko sa trident, madami ng ibang examinees ang nandun. dun ako napapwesto sa bandang gitna and may napansin ako dun na yung sa nauna sa pila, nakabukod sya ng room. mas okay dun kaya kung kaya nyong makaaga nang inam, better para dun kayo mapapwesto. lesser and distractions lalo na sa speaking.

Speaking - Okay naman and read aloud. hehe. sa repeat sentence, 5/10 lang ata nakuha ko na kumpleto pero mas madadali sya compared sa mga napractice ko kaya focus lang talaga. natutulala ako nun eh. haha. sa describe image at re-tell lecture, templates lang na nanggaling sa forum na to ang ginamit ko. Nawawala ako pag hinahanap ko pa ng kakaiba ang images kaya nung pahuli, intro, highest and lowest then yung conclusion na. paulit-ulit lang na ganun. sa re-tell, bubuo lang ako ng at least 2 sentences, okay na yun. di ko na pinapakinggan yung the rest. focus lang talaga siguro sa speaking kasi kahit may nagsasalita na na iba, di mo na rin mapapansin yun kung focused ka sa ginagawa mo lang.

Writing - inaassure ko na malapit sa max ang word count nung akin. Yung sa essay ko ay about climate change.

Reading - hapit ako dito, wala akong maisip na tips kundi intindihin talaga yung mga passages nang ayos apara di paulit-ulit nang basa. mas madali ang re-order para dito compared sa mac millan na hagya na ako makatama, hahaha

Listening - focus lang din. sa summarize spoken text, same ng template sa re-tell lecture.

All the best for everyone! In God's perfect time, maaachieve din natin lahat goals natin basta lagi lang tayo magpray and wag makakalimot sa Kanya na lahat ng 'to ay to glorify Him. Mashare ko lang din, nung ielts ko, confident ako dun sa naging exam ko pero di ko naachieve yung proficient scores. Thankful na rin kasi nakapasa para makaforward sa assessment ko. dito sa pte, after the exam, lagay na loob ko na di ako papasa and nagpaplan na ako mag-aral ulit after work, hahaha. hindi dahil nega ako pero dahil alam ko na malaki ang chance na hindi makapasa gawa nang hindi ako nakaaral nang ayos at hapit din sa work. hindi na lang ako nakaatras sa exam kasi nakapagpabook agad ako. And then, papasa pala ako. Alam ko sa sarili ko na nakapasa ako dahil yun na yung time na binigay Nya para maaccomplish ko yun. Tiwala lang sa sarili and mas malaking tiwala sa Kanya. It will all be well. I will pray for all of us. :)
    hello guys! pde ba mag upload ng voice record dito? gusto ko ksi i upload ung read aloud ko para makahingi ng opinion nyo kung ano need ko iimprove. Salamat!
  • ladyrcsladyrcs singapore
    ishtepi said:

@eynah_gee @ladyrcs hello sa inyo. :) nabasa ko na speaking din ang problema nyo, sana maging maganda na ang resulta ng susunod n exams natin.

Gusto ko din magshare, nabasa ko to after ko malaman n failed p din ako s 2nd take ko, very timely kasi sobrang sakit sa heart, hehe, hay. Post ni Francis Kong sa FB: "For those who are going through a difficult situation, for those who are not meeting targets and it's half of the year, here is my encouragement, don't give up. Things may not get easier, but you will get better at it."

Godbless sa ating lahat! :)

goodluck sa atin!walang susuko! :)
    @gillianLeoh2017 thanks sa tips especially sa words of wisdom..Godbless you always!

@eynah_gee i think thats a good idea siguro din if not too much to ask those who have big ❤️ na high scores sa speaking especially pronunciation and fluency sa enabling skills can give us sample din po ng recorded voice

Psalm 23

• PMPdreamerPMPdreamer Mandaluyong
    @YoungJebediah congratulations! San ka nagtake?
    @pink_angel19 you can check @ www.immi.gov.au po

Psalm 23

• pink_angel19pink_angel19 Singapore
    @greenapple thank you :) will check it out po :)
  • YoungJebediahYoungJebediah Philippines
    @PMPdreamer @greenapple @Heprex thanks again guys. I took the exam yesterday at Makati. I got my results w/in 24 hours, but the proctor did say to wait 5 working days. If you haven't received it by then, I suggest calling the office or chat in Pearson's website.

Anyway, I want to give back to this thread for helping me. Here are some tips to prepare yourselves for exam day:
    • I didn't buy the mock exam, so the alternative was to bombard myself with practice questions from each item. There are so many out there, but thumbs up to this YouTube channel, PTE Gold. They have TONS of practice questions and the answers are found at the end. Highly recommended channel. Just pick an item and score yourself. Rinse and repeat on their other videos until you feel that you can get a perfect score consistently.
    • Memorize all exam items and their order. I can recite each item by heart at this point. Definitely gets you more prepared for the next pages. Learn to be familiar with the interface too; you can see how each question looks like here. Mental preparation is just as crucial.
    • Identify your weak points and work on them. At first I thought I could just practice Read Aloud and wing it on the rest, but I was humbled after trying a practice test on Re-tell Lecture and Describe Image. It was so fast-paced that you had to have a plan or you're screwed. Similar experience with Multiple Choice and Multiple Answers. I thought "how hard can this be, should be obvious", until you find that each choice CAN be correct, if not for very minute details.

Tips on how to practice for each item:
    • Speaking: Read Aloud - read each word as clearly as possible and record yourself speaking. Listen and gauge yourself on playback. If you score yourself low, PTE most likely will, too. Speak FLAMBOYANTLY (the classy flamboyant, not the annoying flamboyant).
    • Speaking: Repeat Sentence - take notes intelligently. Use abbreviations, keywords, drawings, whatever works for you. If you think you can repeat it without taking notes, feel free, but in my experience, taking quick notes was insurance.
    • Speaking: Describe Image - pick a template and stick with it all throughout. Get ready for this one as there were more questions in this item than I expected. Mine was, "This graph/chart/image/table is (just read the title of the image). The horizontal line represents (x axis label), and the vertical line represents (y axis label). There are three categories in this chart, and these are (1, 2, 3, whatever). According to the graph/chart/image/table, the highest number is ( ) by ( ), and the lowest number is ( ) by ( ). This is a useful reference for those who want to study (just read the title of the image again).
    • Speaking and Listening: Re-tell Lecture - you'll only have a few seconds after the lecture ends to speak so be alert and study the given image. Again, take notes intelligently. Don't write down whole words; try to understand the topic and the essence of the lecture so you can visualize and note it better. Use arrows, symbols, keywords, abbreviations, whatever floats your boat. If you have a template, much better, but be sure to stress the important keywords from the lecture. Start with "the lecture is about...."
    • Speaking and Listening: Answer Short Question - one or two words is enough. This is elementary stuff but still helps your overall score. Think of it as a bonus round. Listen and concentrate well.
    • Writing: Summarize Written Text - one thing that always worked for me in the past is jotting down important words, phrases or sentences and then assembling them afterwards by filling in the gaps with more words. You can use your notebook or the form box itself, whichever you're more comfortable with. Be mindful of the minimum/maximum words required.
    • Writing: Write Essay - there are many, many resources on essay writing all over the internet. Just pick IELTS or PTE-style essay writing lessons. Sorry if I can't help much here. I'm a bad teacher on writing as I've been doing it since I was a kid so sometimes I have a hard time explaining certain stuff that to me should be obvious but to some requires more learning. Just stay on topic though!
    • Reading: Multiple Choice, Single Answer - read the question, not the choices, THEN read the essay. This will help you understand it better and connect the dots more. Cross-examine each choice. You should have an argument for each choice as to why it is correct or incorrect.
    • Reading: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answers - I just chose two answers. I'm pretty sure there's a 3rd answer on some of the questions but I stuck with the two closest ones. You can gamble, but why risk it? This section is right-minus-wrong according to the others. Again, read the question, not the choices, THEN read the essay. Have an argument for being correct/incorrect on every choice (don't be lazy, do it for every choice), then pick the two best ones.
    • Reading: Reorder Paragraphs - don't underestimate this section. This can be really tricky and time-consuming if you're not prepared. I suggest finding several practice lessons and do it repeatedly until you get it right. I went with the order that made the most sense to me. Take absolute note of things like "but because", "on the contrary", "that is why", etc. These are the keys to solving the puzzle. Read the whole thing before you move on, and if you feel it's wrong, do it again.
    • Reading and Writing: Fill in the Blanks - same, go with the words that makes the most sense on each sentence. This will be tricky as well, as some words can possibly be inserted on multiple blanks so the key is finding where each word fits the best. Read the whole thing and if it feels wrong, do it again. The drop-down version of this item is much easier, so take advantage of the bonus round.
  • YoungJebediahYoungJebediah Philippines
    edited June 2017
    • Optional Break - I took it. Refresh yourself. No reason not to.
    • Listening: Summarize Spoken Text - the same with the Re-tell Lecture item above, take notes like mad, but do it intelligently. The difference here is there's no image shown, so visualize what the topic is about to understand it better. Multi-task by listening and writing down keywords, scribbles, drawings, at the same time. Once done, start with "the lecture is about..." then fill it in with what you have written down.
    • Listening: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answers - this is where taking notes is at its most important. If you don't take notes, you will have nothing to cross-examine each choice into, unless you have photographic memory. Pick the two best choices. Debate whether each (again, EACH one, don't be lazy) choice is correct/incorrect.
    • Listening: Fill in the Blanks - don't type down the whole word. 2-3 letters should be enough. After the recording stops, type in the correct words. Utilize the TAB key to move to the next blank immediately!
    • Listening: Highlight Correct Summary - again, if you don't have notes, you will have nothing to cross-examine each choice into. Multi-task listening and quick writing. Always have an argument for each choice being correct/incorrect.
    • Listening: Multiple Choice, Single Answer - the same concept as the previous, the same strategy.
    • Listening: Select Missing Word - choose the one that makes the most sense. Take note of the topic and important keywords. Having notes is not as important here, but better have insurance than none.
    • Listening: Highlight Incorrect Words - this is the easiest item in the whole exam. Just hover your mouse, follow the speaker, when it doesn't sound right, click. Take full advantage of this very easy bonus round.
    • Listening: Write from Dictation - again, unless you have photographic memory, taking notes in this part is very helpful. I only jotted down the first letter of each word, then corrected it after the recording is done.
    In my experience, my preparation was way harder than the actual exam. I even installed this app so I could practice on the go, even while driving (during stops only, ADD police). And I'm glad it was. Practice hard guys! And pray for success as well!
  • glitch88glitch88 Melbourne, Australia
    @YoungJebediah wow thanks! very informative.

PTE gold din lagi ko practice, halos every week meron silang bagong video. :-bd

22/11/2014 - IELTS Results (L:8.5, R:6.5, W:6, S:7)
    30/05/2015 - IELTS Results (L:8.0, R:7.5, W:7, S:7.5)
    25/11/2016 - PTE test Results (L:72, R:66, W:74, S:72)
    27/12/2016 - PTE test Results (L:68, R:65, W:68, S:62)
    16/02/2017 - PTE test Results (L:72, R:73, W:66, S:76)
    08/03/2017 - PTE test Results (L:72, R:78, W:74, S:85)
    29/03/2017 - PTE test Results (L:73, R:72, W:67, S:88)
    06/04/2017 - PTE test Results (L:76, R:78, W:82, S:71)
    04/05/2017 - PTE test Results (L:71, R:70, W:77, S:78)
    16/05/2017 - PTE test Results (L:77, R:82, W:79, S:89)
    30/05/2017 - PTE test Results (L:73, R:77, W:69, S:90)
    06/06/2017 - Submitted ACS Application
    13/06/2017 - PTE test Results (L:77, R:88, W:84, S:83)
    21/06/2017 - PTE test Results (L:86, R:87, W:88, S:90)
    23/06/2017 - Submitted EOI
    06/07/2017 - Received ACS result
    15/07/2017 - Submitted ACS Review
    22/07/2017 - Medical
    24/07/2017 - Received ACS Review result
    25/07/2017 - Received ITA
    02/08/2017 - Lodge VISA
    06/09/2017 - DG
    27/11/2017 - KL to MEL

@YoungJebediah Thankyousomuch ! Godbless you!

Psalm 23

• TenchuTenchu Quezon City
    @YoungJebediah Many thanks sa mga tips na binigay mo.. I also took my PTE test last June 20 - 2:00 pm pero mababa score ko. Need more practice pa on my part :)
  • D41D41 Singapore
    Hello po, anyone know of a promotion code to get 10% discount for pte in Singapore? Thanks po, sana may makatulong :-)
  • ishtepiishtepi Laguna, Philippines
    Hi guys! I took Set A kahapon, at eto ang resulta:
    L73 R66 S48 W84
    GR47 OF32 PR44 SP90 V79 WD90

Nakakapanghina talaga ang speaking :( pero optimistic pa din, humuhugot din ako ng lakas sa mga success stories ninyo. Thank God I found this site when I did, kasi kung hindi baka sumuko ako agad when I failed at my first attempt. Walang sukuan :)

2014 - the great Australian dream :)
    June 2014 - IELTS Acad BC Manila: L 7.5, R 8, W 6.5, S 7
    *OFW muna sa Gitnang Silangan
    Dec 2016 - IELTS Acad IDP Riyadh: L 8.5, R 8.5, W 6.5, S 7
    Apr 2017 - signed up with RPS
    June 6 - PTE A Take 1: L 74, R 87, S 64, W 81 :(
    June 13 - PTE A Take 2: L 84, R 83, S 58, W 90 :'(
    June 26 - PTE A Take 3: L 76, R 84, S 66, W 90 Finally!! :)
    July 3 - submitted AHPRA reqts to RPS for assessment
    Aug 14 - documents submitted to AHPRA, waiting for LOE
    Sept 6 - received feedback from AHPRA, requires further documentation
    Oct 24 - received AHPRA email of request for an extension until Feb 2018! (Nooooooo!)
    Oct 31 - LOE released (yey!)
    Jan 2018 - school hunting..
    Feb 23 - received offer letter from ETEA, April intake
    Apr 7 - flight to Melbourne
    Apr 11 - June 22 - IRON program at ETEA Melbourne
    July 5 - AHPRA RN (AuRN wooohhooooo!!)
    July 23 - ANMAC application
    Aug 20 - ANMAC LOD received
    Sept 10 - EOI submitted for Visa 189, 190, 489
    Nov 26 - PTE A Take 4: L 90, R 90, S 90, W 89 Superior! Thank you Lord!!

waiting game

mayskie said:

@ishtepi lagi ako nag pa follow up. wala naman masabi na ETA ng result. sad :(

Kumusta? dumating na result mo?

Oct 24 - received AHPRA email of request for an extension until Feb 2018! (Nooooooo!)

waiting game

@D41 Hi! if dto ka sa SG mag te take eh di mo makukuha discount. valid lang sya sa Pinas, India and australia if di ako nagkakamali. Kasi kung meron man dito eh dati pa sana ako naka avail. naka ilang take na din ako. I know how u feel. masakit sa bulsa talaga. Pero ok lang yan. Go!! think positive!
    @berryhalley thank you sa mga tips. hindi ko n talaga alam kung paano ko mapapataas pronunciation ko. but I'll keep on practicing.

@YoungJebediah Congrats! Ang galing! Question po, saan po nakaposition ang mic ninyo? during my 2 takes, sa may tip ng nose, maganda naman nung nagrecord ako. hehe ineexplore ko na kasi lahat ng options kung saan ako nagkulang e, thank you.

waiting game

• D41D41 Singapore
    @eynah_gee thanks po for responding. Gora na toh! pikit mata ko na lng ibo book. :-)
  • MissOZdreamerMissOZdreamer Manila
    @YoungJebediah ang galing mo. congrats! :) favor baka pede po marinig ung sample recorded audio mo for read aloud? Kung ok lang? Hindi ko kasi ma gauge ung speaking ko if ok na. Wala din akong plan bumili ng mock test kasi nagtitipid ako.hehe thanks in advance :) God bless sa application mo.
    @MissOZdreamer sis, speaking na lang ba ang need mo iimprove? proficient na ba score mo tas r u aimimg for superior? ako naman dito maka 65 lang ako sa speaking ok na ko ahahhaha. pero maganda sana if 79 pataas. haaaaaayy.
  • MissOZdreamerMissOZdreamer Manila
    @eynah_gee hello sis. Reading and speaking ang weakness ko. Ung reading madali igauge kung tama or mali ung sagot pero sa speaking mahirap kasi computer ang nag gegrade kya di ko alam kung pang superior na ang speaking ko.hehe yup first take ko proficient ako, 70+ sa lahat kaso need ko superior para tumaas ang points ko :) ikaw ba ilang pts ka na pag wala ung pte? God bless sa tin. Kaya natin to :)
    @MissOZdreamer 60 na ko pag may state sponsorship pero so far wala kaya 55 lang ako. Ahhahaha! JuskoLord. Kaya ako nman kahit proficient lang sa speaking ok na ko kasi matataas namn ung ibang subtest ko eh. Pero mas masaya cguro pag superior diba
  • glitch88glitch88 Melbourne, Australia

@eynah_gee Thankyou! and all the best sa upcoming exam mo. anu ang ginagawa mung preparation for speaking? Pronunciation or oral fluency ang mejo mababa mu na scores last time? i cant really figure out paanu ko malman whats the problem on my pronunciation kasi when i try to use the apps napipickup nman. Maybe an expert native speaker can help cguro hehee..

@berryhalley congrats again ! :) thanks sa tips.

@glitch88 positivity is the key. Minsan when you feel na nahirapan k after the exam dun pa positive ang results:)

@greenapple nag dilang anghel ka. Thanks!

L-86, R-87, S-90, W-88 <-- Finally after 11th take

22/11/2014 - IELTS Results (L:8.5, R:6.5, W:6, S:7)
    30/05/2015 - IELTS Results (L:8.0, R:7.5, W:7, S:7.5)
    25/11/2016 - PTE test Results (L:72, R:66, W:74, S:72)
    27/12/2016 - PTE test Results (L:68, R:65, W:68, S:62)
    16/02/2017 - PTE test Results (L:72, R:73, W:66, S:76)
    08/03/2017 - PTE test Results (L:72, R:78, W:74, S:85)
    29/03/2017 - PTE test Results (L:73, R:72, W:67, S:88)
    06/04/2017 - PTE test Results (L:76, R:78, W:82, S:71)
    04/05/2017 - PTE test Results (L:71, R:70, W:77, S:78)
    16/05/2017 - PTE test Results (L:77, R:82, W:79, S:89)
    30/05/2017 - PTE test Results (L:73, R:77, W:69, S:90)
    06/06/2017 - Submitted ACS Application
    13/06/2017 - PTE test Results (L:77, R:88, W:84, S:83)
    21/06/2017 - PTE test Results (L:86, R:87, W:88, S:90)
    23/06/2017 - Submitted EOI
    06/07/2017 - Received ACS result
    15/07/2017 - Submitted ACS Review
    22/07/2017 - Medical
    24/07/2017 - Received ACS Review result
    25/07/2017 - Received ITA
    02/08/2017 - Lodge VISA
    06/09/2017 - DG
    27/11/2017 - KL to MEL

@glitch88 wow! congratulations!! Napakasayang makita na nakukuha nyo guys ang desired scores nyo. I will never give up! go!! push na push na! This is so inspiring!!