Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Parents - include as Dependents

lock_code2004lock_code2004 PerthPosts: 5,037Member, De-activated
edited November 2012 in Other Migration Topic
Im starting this thread to discuss what are the requirements if we want to include our Parents as dependents.

From DIAC's website:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Other dependent relatives
A dependent relative (other than a dependent child) can be included in your visa application when you lodge your application.

You cannot add a dependent relative to a points tested skilled visa after you lodge your application.

To include your other dependent relative(s) in your application, there are requirements and evidence that must be provided to prove dependency.

To be considered a dependent relative you must prove they:
•have no other relative able to care for them in their own country
•are not currently married, engaged or in a de facto relationship
•usually are a resident in your household
•depend on you for financial support for their basic needs and you have supported them for a substantial period
•depend on you more than any other person or source.

Acceptable forms of proof include:
•a certified copy of their birth certificate and proof of their relationship to you
•proof that the relative lives in your household
•proof that your relative has been dependent on you for at least the last 12 months.
•if your relative is divorced, legally separated or widowed, you must provide certified copies of supporting evidence, such as:
----the document of legal divorce
----the document of legal separation
----the death certificate of the deceased partner.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Other considerations/issues would be:
a) successful completion of their medical exam
b) what's the effect in the processing time? i heard mas matagal pag may kasamang other dependents..
c) all or nothing ba ang visa approval? pag hindi pasado ang parents pwede ba alisin na lang if ever?

Interested to know if there are others who have made their application successful with the same case Thanks!

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

Comments

• lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    edited November 2012
    To be considered a dependent relative you must prove they:
    •are not currently married, engaged or in a de facto relationship
    So meaning hindi pwede pareho isama ang parents na kasal pa?

Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)

so it looks like hindi talga pwede pag parents are still living together...
    im quoting this from another forum:

---------------
    If both parents are together it is highly unlikely they will be approved. That is the case if they even live in a war zone like Afghanistan. Two people are considered interdependent on each other not their children. That's why interdependence visas were introduced, if you are in relationship you are dependent on your partner NOT your children. There is a likely chance application will be rejected as a whole.

If children support their parents, that's fine. Support and dependence are two fully different things. To be dependent means you have no other emotional, physical and caring support from anyone but the person in question. You are getting this from your partner even if you are straggling financially, dependence on children happen only in case of single parent with the balance of children in Australia. Don't mix "financial support" and dependence together. The immigration system is very particular about this issue.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/81202-175-visa-adding-mother-dependent-same-visa.html
    -----------

• kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    @lock_code2004 my son applied for me as dependent at the same time with his. bale, siya ung main applicant. suntok sa buwan ang lahat. isang malaking sugal. we took the risks. isang tonelada ng pawis, luha at piga sa utak ang inabot ko para ma meet lahat ng requirements. what made it worse was the deadline of a 28-day period. katakot-takot na anxiety esp before the med exams. all met & accorded to...both visas were granted at the same time after 9 months of lodgement. twas all worth the effort. we left everything to Him.

if u have questions i'd be willing to. pero isa-isa lang muna kasi masalimuot ung pinagdaanan ko. pero synopsis muna ng buhay ko...

i am a proud single mom to a single child. all throughout our lives, we've been together. i used to work but since the time i got sick i quit my career all together. son has been supporting me since then though sometimes i get side jobs in the media. :bz

so throw ur questions if u have any.

... is on dependent visa. main applicant code 261313; 175 e-lodged june 6, 2011; visa grant mar 13, 2012; NSW-based.

• LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Tinanong ko yan sa aussie boss ko...kung sakaling igrant ako ng visa at single ako puwede bang isama ang nanay/tatay at ideclare sila as dependent, sabi nila 'tricky' raw hehe
  • kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    @LokiJr hindi pwede both parents at depende pa sa status kung nagi-isa man. ur boss is right. napaka tricky, nakakatakot at masalimuot. lahat na yata ng mga santo dinasalan ko para walang sasablay sa proseso at dokumento namin.

ok lang kahit married ka at may kids, basta ung remaining relative mo pasok lahat sa qualification. at importante rin ung balance of family test.

... is on dependent visa. main applicant code 261313; 175 e-lodged june 6, 2011; visa grant mar 13, 2012; NSW-based.

@kenkoy, Well yun nga...yung qualifications hehe, would be nice kung pasok nga magulang ko ...when you say 'family test' yan ba yung guidelines ng centrelink? or ng immigration?
  • rishrish Dinalupihan
    Hi guys i have read ur posts and is very interesting! Nasa Perth po kase ang husband ko and we are palnning to go there as extension ng 457 nya. But we would like to bring my mom with us, matagal ng hiwalang parents ko about 20 yrs na and she lived with me when i started wrkng mga 7 years narin kaming magkasama kahit when i got married.
    Pwede kaya namin sya i apply and ano anong docs kelangan namin esp the proof na nakadepende sya samin? She has never worked. And also ung regarding sa hiwalay nila ng dad ko which was never brought in court!

Please enlighten me! Thanks and God bless!
    edited November 2012
    @kenkoy - wow.. thank you.. atleast we have someone here who actually experienced and got the visa successfully with parent (as dependent)..

medyo pareho po ng case kay @rish... i will help my sister, who will be processing her papers. she is a single mom working abroad, and my nephew (7 yrs old) is living with my mom in the philippines. My mom is separated (not legally) from my father (for more than 20 yrs now, hindi namin alam kung nasan sya and his other family)

We can prove support and dependency between my sister (30ish) and my mom (60 yrs old, previously owned a school canteen)..

Based on your experience, it looks like it's feasible... what is your opinion?

• kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    edited November 2012
    @LokiJr balance of family test is DIAC's. from what i know, citing an example: if u are 3 siblings in the family & 2 of u are in AU, u can sponsor ur other sibling & the parent(s). but if only u who is in AU, u can't.

if 4 siblings in the family & 2 are in AU, that's fine but if only 1, no. to surmise, kailangan lamang lagi or equal numbers ang naka base sa AU so u can sponsor the remaining relative.

@rish & @lock_code2004, parent needs an evidence that can prove of no interdependence on the spouse. i suggest u bring the matter to the court ASAP to file for a legal separation/annulment case. courts resolution & an NSO cert of the resolution will be the best evidence.

@lock_code2004, being an absentee spouse is a good ground for annulment. i know someone who filed for this & was resolved in 1 year's time. police matter, i should say, proving that u searched for him thoroughly in the province & last whereabouts, even in immigration ofc, for so many years but to no avail. u only have to gather people's testimony on affidavit form. but in case lang, check first the CENOMAR of ur mothers & fathers. they might not have been married after all OR may legalities attached to the marriage to void it. (kris&james case). info, i have a friend who all along thought she was married, poknat, pag check sa NSO ofc, fake pala ung marriage at single pala sya in status ever since. so she needed to amend her SSS, bank records, etc. mabusisi.

let me make it clear, i am not a lawyer but these are, from what i know, the ways to prove ur parents' legal/civil status since we are talking of dependency here per se.

• AiwinkAiwink Melbourne
    @*!&!!!!! haist! both ng parents ko ang dependent ko..... paano kaya maaapektuhan ang application ko? paano ko kaya mawiwithdraw ang application ko ng SS? gosh.... nagwoworry na ako.......

Here is my timeline with fees incurred :) 2012
    April 21- IELTS Passed (British Council Sg S$310)/ April-March -requirements for VETASSES, CTC 4 copies,DHL etc. (S$600)/March 19- Apply VETASSES online ($1150 aud)/June 06, 2012 - VETASSES (Architectural Draftsman) feedback positive /August 08- Apply EOI visa 190 at 70 points/September 11- Resubmit EOI (Was asked to change EOI form)/November 22- Apply for SS in WA (arch draftsman still available)/November 22- Resubmit EOI (changed the State from Victoria to WA)/December 05- Initial Contact by DIAC saying WA is interested./December 07- WA SS approved December 10- DIAC Invitation received (1 week down ecomm) December 14- Lodged Visa $3050aud (plus technical issues of ecom visa was "lodged" December 21 daw)/ Dec 28 - Medicals (frontload)/January 8 -CO Assigned/January 23-PCC/ JANUARY 23---VISA GRANT!!!!!!!!!!

@kenkoy thanks for your comments.
    - in our case madali namin ma-prove ung dependency requirements ng mother and ate ko.
    - medyo madugong documents ang kailangan about father and mother..
    -so i guess, we have to weigh on these things and decide which risk to take.. ;)

another question po:
    - what about sa issue ng single parent (my sis)..
    - in your case po, did you provide additional documents about the father?
    - or documents, that say's the father has no right at all, and will not be included in the visa application, etc...?

Puwede pashare kung may link kayo dun sa required documentation para sa dependant parent. :)
  • AiwinkAiwink Melbourne
    Called Western Australia Immigration. They said its okey to have both parent as "it's not something we look at. It's the DIAC that will decide on it"

Meaning ba nun if approved na ang SS namin, pag dating sa DIAC may possibility pang madisapprove? or puedeng yung parents ko lang madeny? hmmmmm

Any opinions on this matter?

April 21- IELTS Passed (British Council Sg S$310)/ April-March -requirements for VETASSES, CTC 4 copies,DHL etc. (S$600)/March 19- Apply VETASSES online ($1150 aud)/June 06, 2012 - VETASSES (Architectural Draftsman) feedback positive /August 08- Apply EOI visa 190 at 70 points/September 11- Resubmit EOI (Was asked to change EOI form)/November 22- Apply for SS in WA (arch draftsman still available)/November 22- Resubmit EOI (changed the State from Victoria to WA)/December 05- Initial Contact by DIAC saying WA is interested./December 07- WA SS approved December 10- DIAC Invitation received (1 week down ecomm) December 14- Lodged Visa $3050aud (plus technical issues of ecom visa was "lodged" December 21 daw)/ Dec 28 - Medicals (frontload)/January 8 -CO Assigned/January 23-PCC/ JANUARY 23---VISA GRANT!!!!!!!!!!

@Aiwink - baka pwede mo alisin ang parents mo as dependents?
    or pwede mo sila ilagay sa "dependents but not migrating" section?

sabi nga, it's a big risk...
    im not sure kung pwede ung sila madeny, tapos kayo approved... or all or nothing lang ang rule ng DIAC..

• kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    edited November 2012
    paano kaya maaapektuhan ang application ko? paano ko kaya mawiwithdraw ang application ko ng SS?
    don't take my word for it. as far as i know, DIAC will call/email asking if u wanna pursue ur app declaring ur parents as dependents together w/ ur visa OR like what @lock_code2004 said, better if "dependents but not migrating." to relieve u of worries choose the latter, u will have the option to go through parent visa kasi baka ma deny parents mo at pwede kang maapektuhan. if i remember right, dalawa ung options sa parent visa. one, u need to wait for a number of years & the 2nd is paying up A$xx,xxx.00 as bond. better if u read other forums & DIAC link too.

disclaimer: this is all what i know based on 2011 of DIAC policy prior to our lodgement. i don't have the updates.

• kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    edited November 2012

- what about sa issue ng single parent (my sis)..
    - in your case po, did you provide additional documents about the father?
    - or documents, that say's the father has no right at all, and will not be included in the visa application, etc...?
    - u mean ur sis as a single parent & the skilled migrant herself sponsoring ur mom as dependent? if u have no other sibling to look after ur mom, i think pwede kasi technically, maiiwan na mag-isa ang mom mo. but u need to have an evidence that ur mom's marriage is annulled or legally separated, a widow or not in de facto relationship. as i said, if ur mom is still married & ur dad has been an absentee husband, bring the case to the court.
    - additional info, yes but not complete. on one long form, can't remember, dad's details were asked. i asked my son to ask him but no way did he contact instead he executed a stat dec stating all details of our family history. ahhhh...that was too sad, parang teleserye lang. :D
    - no dox at all. we never thought of excluding the dad. we simply stated the facts & truth about the family history & explaining why we couldn't furnish some of his details; & the dad being in the US & a citizen. during the time of our lodgement, they had no communication for a number of years earlier. matagal, kasi meron silang lab & het relationship. :P

• amcasperforuamcasperforu Rio de Janeiro
    Hello po @kenkoy, I read your message and replies about parents as a dependent... Gusto ko rin po sanang isama ang mom ko sa pag aapply ko sa NSW. Matagal na po kasing patay ang dad ko and ever since sya lang po nagpalaki sa amin. Then a year ago I finally decided to let her retire... Financially I'd been supporting her for more than a year and so... Hope matulungan nyo po ako sa pag process.. At the moment I'm done with my IELTS and waiting for the ACS results within this week... Thanks po in advance... I really want to have my mom with my application, I want to return the favor , I realy want to make her happy and I know letting her retire this early is one of my little step ahead meeting my other good intentions for her.

Systems Administrator (ANZSCO: 262113)
    October 12, 2012: IELTS Speaking (BC)
    October 13, 2012: IETLS L/R/W
    October 26, 2012: IELTS Results L/R: 7.0 S/W: 6.5 OB: 7.0
    October 27, 2012: Lodged ACS
    October 30, 2012: Stage 4 ACS
    Novemb 29, 2012: ACS Suitable (Thank you Lord!)
    Novemb 30, 2012: EOI and Submit NSW application via Fedex
    February19, 2013: NSW Ack letter received (Salamat po Lord!)
    April 29, 2013 : NSW SS approval
    April 30, 2013 : Invitation from SkillSelect
    May 03, 2013 : Lodge application including my mom
    May 06, 2013 : Medicals done at St. Lukes
    May 15, 2013 : My med result was uploaded
    May 23, 2013 : NBI clearance uploaded
    May 28, 2013 : Nanay's medical uploaded
    Thank you Lord sa maraming blessings. Kayo na po ang bahala sa next journey namin ni nanay.
    Jun 14, 2013 - Oct 08, 2013: Almost saying Goodbye AU... But keep pushing and believing...
    Oct 09, 3013 : Golden email from CO
    Oct 30, 2013 : VISA GRANT with nanay :)
    In HIS name nothing is impossible! Thank you Lord!

• kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    @amcasperforu have u read DIAC's requirement/qualification of sponsoring a parent as dependant? from the top, meron post si @lock_code2004. pls tell me ur circumstances based on truths. i will try my best. remember i am not an agent nor a lawyer or a DIAC employee. i will help based from what i had gone through. ilan kayo magkakapatid? ano pa ang mga pangyayari nung gabing yun? heheheh! joke! :D sige, kwentuhan mo kami baka makatulong.

• amcasperforuamcasperforu Rio de Janeiro
    @kenkoy natawa ako dun sa proceedings na parang judge hehe... Tatlo po kaming magkakapatid, nung gabi pong iyon, ang pinakamatandang kapatid namin ay umalis ng bahay at di na namin alam kung saan sya ngayon.. We lost communication since then, my younger brother naman po eh may sariling pamilya na and married for two years now. So ako na lang po ang nag ffinance monthly and even the health insurance ng mom ko ay sya ang aking dependent para makatipid at least cover po ng company...

Systems Administrator (ANZSCO: 262113)
    October 12, 2012: IELTS Speaking (BC)
    October 13, 2012: IETLS L/R/W
    October 26, 2012: IELTS Results L/R: 7.0 S/W: 6.5 OB: 7.0
    October 27, 2012: Lodged ACS
    October 30, 2012: Stage 4 ACS
    Novemb 29, 2012: ACS Suitable (Thank you Lord!)
    Novemb 30, 2012: EOI and Submit NSW application via Fedex
    February19, 2013: NSW Ack letter received (Salamat po Lord!)
    April 29, 2013 : NSW SS approval
    April 30, 2013 : Invitation from SkillSelect
    May 03, 2013 : Lodge application including my mom
    May 06, 2013 : Medicals done at St. Lukes
    May 15, 2013 : My med result was uploaded
    May 23, 2013 : NBI clearance uploaded
    May 28, 2013 : Nanay's medical uploaded
    Thank you Lord sa maraming blessings. Kayo na po ang bahala sa next journey namin ni nanay.
    Jun 14, 2013 - Oct 08, 2013: Almost saying Goodbye AU... But keep pushing and believing...
    Oct 09, 3013 : Golden email from CO
    Oct 30, 2013 : VISA GRANT with nanay :)
    In HIS name nothing is impossible! Thank you Lord!

• rishrish Dinalupihan
    hi guys!
    haba na ng mga comments at naaliw naman ako! naloloka na rin ako ng kakaisip ng ways and means para malampasan at matapos ang issue na to sa buhay namin lols!

Pwede na kaya ang declaration na separated by board ang parents ko for x number of years? like all the information na kelangan nandun that they are not living together and does not depend on each other signed by the whole family. Affidavit duly notarized. or should we start filing for legal separation by court which is very costly and time consuming.

Naiisip ko pang documents of support for my mom is a barangay certification that she is in fact dependng on us on everything. pwede na kaya yun?

I salute everyone that is doing everything for their parents! we all know we just want to repay them for all that they have done to us! (just bringing us to the world is more than enough reason!)

thanks
  • kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    @amcasperforu lekat na kapatid mo...nagpaka misteryoso effect pa. ok, kelan pa sya nawawala? anong taon? UP student ba yan? joke! ano ang mga naging paraan nyo para hanapin si kapatid? may police/NBI search bang naganap? or nai-report nyo man lang ba na missing person sya? natanong nyo na ba sa immigration baka nag abroad lang or nag pari or nag sundalo. wala akong alam paano i-declare ang isang missing person. ang alam ko lang u need to exhaust all ur means finding him & then that's the only time he is declared as missing. ask the police agency re this. from there siguro pwede mo na i-declare sa stat dec mo ang buong pangyayari.

ganito: in general, any proof u present to DIAC, it has to be issued/certified/authenticated by the authorities or a gov't agency. the more proofs to show one circumstance, the better.

• kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    @rish don't short-cut the process. sayang ang pera, time & effort. better a court case kesa naman ma deny ka bec of the poor evidences u submitted. pls realize u are dealing with another government & the money u will spend is no joke. kung pwede na sa DIAC na evidences all what u mentioned, siguro pati lola ko nai-sponsor ko at pwedeng matagal ng over populated ang AU.

to back-up my claims other than my brgy cert, i submitted more proofs of my bills/letters/bank accts, gov't IDs, etc even 10 years or so older.

• AiwinkAiwink Melbourne
    TO SUMMARIZE FOR THOSE WHO WANTS TO APPLY FOR PARENT VISA

Parent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 103) CAPPED AND QUEUED.
    A permanent visa for parents who have children living in Australia.
    1st instalment $2060
    2nd instalment $1795

Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 143) CAPPED
    A permanent visa for parents with children living in Australia. This visa costs more than the Parent visa but is generally processed faster.
    1st Installment $2060
    2nd instalment $42 220

Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 173) CAPPED
    This is a temporary visa valid for two years. If you hold this visa you can then apply for the permanent Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143).
    1st Installment $2060
    2nd instalment $25 330

Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa (from Subclass 173 to Subclass 143) CAPPED
    This visa is for holders of a temporary Contributory Parent visa (subclass 173), who want to apply for a permanent Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143).
    1st Installment $280
    2nd instalment $16 885

Here are the links

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent-outside.htm
    http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/parent.htm
    http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/5.0.htm

good luck!

• hotshothotshot Sydney
    wow ang mahal nung Subclass 143! A$ 44K in total?

May 21 2012 - lodged visa 176 (NSW) online application
    May 30 2012 - CO allocation
    Jul 16 2012 - Visa Granted! (IED Deadline: May 16, 2013)
    Jan 19 2013 - Arrived in Sydney
    Jan 20 2013 - Started our job hunt
    Mar 11 2013 - Officially became a "HOUSE-BAND" :)
    Apr 22 2013 - End of my "HOUSE-BAND" career :)

edited November 2012
    @kenkoy natawa ako dun sa proceedings na parang judge hehe... Tatlo po kaming magkakapatid, nung gabi pong iyon, ang pinakamatandang kapatid namin ay umalis ng bahay at di na namin alam kung saan sya ngayon.. We lost communication since then, my younger brother naman po eh may sariling pamilya na and married for two years now. So ako na lang po ang nag ffinance monthly and even the health insurance ng mom ko ay sya ang aking dependent para makatipid at least cover po ng company...
    hi.. i think malakas ang case mo... lalo na kung single ka pa... at sayo nakatira ang parents mo..
    you can show documents like your insurance card where your mom is your dependent..

no more questions your honor..

• AiwinkAiwink Melbourne
    @hotshot sinabi mo pa!!!! nyak! ubos ang savings! hahahah

• hotshothotshot Sydney
    @hotshot sinabi mo pa!!!! nyak! ubos ang savings! hahahah
    kung savings ko....kulang pa! hahaha

May 21 2012 - lodged visa 176 (NSW) online application
    May 30 2012 - CO allocation
    Jul 16 2012 - Visa Granted! (IED Deadline: May 16, 2013)
    Jan 19 2013 - Arrived in Sydney
    Jan 20 2013 - Started our job hunt
    Mar 11 2013 - Officially became a "HOUSE-BAND" :)
    Apr 22 2013 - End of my "HOUSE-BAND" career :)

• sydneybluedsydneyblued Sydney
    Shocks ang mahal pala ng application for Parent Visa!... waah! subclass 103 lang pinaka-mababa kaya lang ilang years kaya process nito?

May 2011 - started collecting requirements | 05 Aug 2011 – ACS skill assessment submitted online | 27 Sep 2011 – ACS skill assessment result – Suitable | Oct 2011 - IELTS (L-7.5, R-7.5, W-7, S-6.5) | May 2012 – IELTS (L-8.5, R-8, W-6.5, S-7) | 04 July 2012 – EOI submitted | Sep 2012 – IELTS (L-8.0, R-6.5, W-7.5, S-7) | 01 Nov 2012 – SkillSelect invitation for Subclass 189 (60pts) | 04 Nov 2012 – 189 visa application lodged (3,060AUD) | 09 Nov 2012 - Acknowledgement received | 21 Nov 2012 – CO Allocated | 22 Nov 2012 – Request Checklist from CO for evidence of character and evidence of health | 26 Nov 2012 – Received a call in the office from OZ commission (COE verification) | 06 Dec 2012 – Medical exam at SATA CommHealth | 07 Dec 2012 – Singapore and Phil. NBI Police Clearance submitted to CO | 14 Dec 2012 – Visa Granted! --- Initial entry date: 20Nov2013 Thanks Lord!!!

oo nga.. holy guacamole...
    kaya kailangan pag-aralan mabuti kung okay ba na isama ang parent/s as dependent/s.
    whew!!

edited November 2012
    Parent Visa Queue
    http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent-visa-processing-priorities.htm

Parent (non-contributory) visa queuing arrangements
    In the 2012–13 Migration Program year, 2150 Parent (non-contributory) visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.

Based on current planning levels, if your are applying for a Parent (non-contributory) visa you can expect an approximate 15 year wait before visa grant consideration after being allocated a queue date.

Contributory parent category queue
    In the 2012–13 Migration Program year, 6575 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.

Based on current planning levels if you are a new Contributory Parent visa applicant, you can expect to wait 12 to 24 months before visa grant consideration, depending on your circumstances. As current migration planning levels sufficiently cater for demand for these visas, if you are a new Contributory Parent visa applicant, you will not be provided with a queue date.