Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

NURSES: What you need to know

Comments

• cuccicucci NSW

@coolguy22 I am not taking OBA but regarding English language skills, you can use the same results for PR application if results are still valid, which is within 3 years after taking the exam. Of course, you have the option to retake and get higher scores for better points for your PR application.

coolguy22

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    01.2017 | Applied to AHPRA
    04.2017 | received Letter of Referral
    09.2017 | finished BP
    11.2017 | AHPRA Registration / Employment Offer
    12.2017 | Lodged 457 Visa Application (onshore) / ANMAC Assessment
    01.2018 | 457 Visa granted / Received positive ANMAC Assessment / Submitted EOI

04.11.2019 | Received Employer Nomination
    04.26.2019 | Submitted Visa application (186 DE)
    05.06.2019 | CO contact for medical exams
    05.09.2019 | Visa Granted (186 DE)

17.09.2021 | Application for Citizenship
    21.03.2022 | Citizenship exam, interview and approval
    02.07.2022 | Citizenship Ceremony
    (Thank you Lord!!!)

21.03.2023 | Citizenship interview, exam and approval of dependents
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

• coolguy22coolguy22 Posts: 35Member

@cucci said:

@coolguy22 I am not taking OBA but regarding English language skills, you can use the same results for PR application if results are still valid, which is within 3 years after taking the exam. Of course, you have the option to retake and get higher scores for better points for your PR application.

Thank you for your answer. :)

• VirGlySylVirGlySyl Ph

Hi Nurses, tanung ko lang po kung anu po kayang school/Univ ang mag-o-offer ng OBA sa 2020?
    lahat po kaya ng state meron?

| IE 233511 | A:30 (until Dec31)| ELA:10 | Q:15 | OWE:15 | = 70

• g_pr0530g_pr0530 saudi arabia

@Akipotpot said:

Hello guys I got both an offer from Deakin Uni this Jan 2020 and SCU for April 2020 but due to certain circumstances dko na po tinuloy and will go na lang po for OBA, sino po sa inyo ang may loe na pero nag decide na din like me to go for OBA?

Why did you opt to take the OBA instead? Im taking the bridging program this Feb 2020 e. :)

• AkipotpotAkipotpot Posts: 10Member

@g_pr0530 said:

@Akipotpot said:
    Hello guys I got both an offer from Deakin Uni this Jan 2020 and SCU for April 2020 but due to certain circumstances dko na po tinuloy and will go na lang po for OBA, sino po sa inyo ang may loe na pero nag decide na din like me to go for OBA?

Why did you opt to take the OBA instead? Im taking the bridging program this Feb 2020 e. :)

Unfortunately po nagkaron ng problema ang family sa Pinas so I had no choice po but to sacrifice kaya po nag opt na lang ako for OBA. Blessing naman po na andyan na ung OBA for I guess mga medjo nag sstruggle po for their budget for the bridging course, hopefully po hindi sya magiging kasing expensive ng bridging ☺️

• islandcitygirl22islandcitygirl22 Posts: 1Member

Hello, mga kabayan~ Question about the OBA. What is the minimum requirement for nursing experience to be legible to apply for the OBA? As per NMBA's website, it seems like the required experience is just the same as applying for a bridging course. However, I heard from other nurses who were told by an agency that it's 3 years minimum experience. If that's the case then I'm in a tight spot, since I was hoping to take the OBA with only 9 months experience. Please advise.... Thank you.

• kishykishy Posts: 19Member

@cucci said:

@kishy Sadly, lampas na po sa required "within the past 5 year period" ang experience by that time. Why not get a job between now and the start of your BP. 450 hours is just about 3 months at full time.

hi @cucci nagsend ako ng inquiry sa AHPRA about my case and nasa attachment yung reply nila. They mentioned the ff points:

Enrolled nurses, registered nurses and midwives will fulfill the recency of practice to show your recency of practice requirements if they can demonstrate one or more of the following:

*completion of a minimum of 450 hours of practice within the past five years
    *successful completion of a program or assessment approved by the NMBA
    *successful completion of a period of supervised practice approved by the NMBA

Does it mean na yung pag undergo ng BP is enough to fulfill yung recency of practice?

• cuccicucci NSW

@kishy Since you are in communication with AHPRA already, I suggest you clarify the last 2 points with them and whether the BP qualifies as one of those. I tried reading through the Recency of Practice document but those were not mentioned. Either they are new rules or may have a different interpretation by which AHPRA/NMBA would be the best interpreter for them.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

• naidetousnaidetous qc

Hi po. Pwede po bang makahingi ng sample cover letter for job application po. Im waiting pa din for my 189 visa pero malabo po ata makuha ang 70pts atm. thank you po. God bless sa ating lahat.

• paulinepauline Victoria, Australia

Hello..i just want to ask here.. i am not a nurse but dreaming to become an enrolled nurse someday. Maybe this question is not suitable for this topic because most of you guys were already a nurse but if someone here have the idea to my question then that's awesome..my question is can i get a course which is related to nursing like certificate 3 and 4 so that i will be exempted to take the ielts to study enrolled nurse here. Anyone has the experience. Please share if this is true. I just heard this to my friend in NSW..how bout here in VIC? I didn't get the answer yet from my inquiry to the southwest tafe. Hoping someone here can relate . thanks..

• cuccicucci NSW

@pauline Is your concern about the english language skills just for course requirement or the registration with AHPRA itself? I was going over the AHPRA requirement for registration and only these are exempted...
    https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD18/26544&dbid=AP&chksum=F8N7r/C/G98Cz21shcKTRA==
    The recognised countries are: Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the
    Republic of Ireland and South Africa. With the exception of South Africa and Australia, these countries are
    the same as the countries recognised by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for
    the purpose of exempting visa applicants from having to sit a test to demonstrate English language
    competency.

Perhaps the idea of taking a Certificate 3 or 4 qualification is to add more study years to the regular 3-4 year nursing course duration inorder to qualify for the Extended Education Pathway exemption.

_- demonstrate you meet the standard through the Extended Education Pathway** if you have completed
    and can provide evidence for at least five years (full-time equivalent) continuous education in English
    in a recognised country**, including evidence of at least:

• two years (for registered nurses), or
    • one year (for enrolled nurses)

in a full-time equivalent pre-registration program of study approved by the recognised nursing and/or
    midwifery regulatory body in any of the recognised countries._

While the idea seems plausible, my take on the matter is that while the certificate courses may provide a pathway to the exemption, is the cost and time involved really worth it? Admittedly, I do not know

• how much will the cost for a course leading toward an enrolled nurse or even registered nurse
    • will the units taken at the certificate courses be credited during the enrolled nurse course

The bottom line would seem to be to be able to make a cost-benefit analysis between taking those certificate courses against taking the English exams straight away. Of course, you may also look at it in the perspective that since most Certificate courses take about a year or less to finish, after which you can now be employed and have more means to be able to enrol into the regular nursing program.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

@cucci said:
    @pauline Is your concern about the english language skills just for course requirement or the registration with AHPRA itself? I was going over the AHPRA requirement for registration and only these are exempted...
    https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD18/26544&dbid=AP&chksum=F8N7r/C/G98Cz21shcKTRA==
    The recognised countries are: Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the
    Republic of Ireland and South Africa. With the exception of South Africa and Australia, these countries are
    the same as the countries recognised by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for
    the purpose of exempting visa applicants from having to sit a test to demonstrate English language
    competency.

Perhaps the idea of taking a Certificate 3 or 4 qualification is to add more study years to the regular 3-4 year nursing course duration inorder to qualify for the Extended Education Pathway exemption.

_- demonstrate you meet the standard through the Extended Education Pathway** if you have completed
    and can provide evidence for at least five years (full-time equivalent) continuous education in English
    in a recognised country**, including evidence of at least:

• two years (for registered nurses), or
    • one year (for enrolled nurses)

in a full-time equivalent pre-registration program of study approved by the recognised nursing and/or
    midwifery regulatory body in any of the recognised countries._

While the idea seems plausible, my take on the matter is that while the certificate courses may provide a pathway to the exemption, is the cost and time involved really worth it? Admittedly, I do not know

• how much will the cost for a course leading toward an enrolled nurse or even registered nurse
    • will the units taken at the certificate courses be credited during the enrolled nurse course

The bottom line would seem to be to be able to make a cost-benefit analysis between taking those certificate courses against taking the English exams straight away. Of course, you may also look at it in the perspective that since most Certificate courses take about a year or less to finish, after which you can now be employed and have more means to be able to enrol into the regular nursing program.

Thank you yes for the course requirements.. i think it's hard for me the IELTS..if the certificates 3 and 4 will be my option to study the enrolled nurse and if it is available here in Victoria South West Tafe even if it's a long journey that's fine..

• jkkaedsjkkaeds Posts: 23Member

Hi po, ask po ako ng advise, send q na sana yung documents ko to AHPRA through DHL. Kaso lang nung nasa DHL na ako hindi sila tumatanggap ng PO Box na address kasi door-to-door delivery raw sila. Meron po bang other courier services na pwedeng padalhan from pinas? thank you po.

I was about to send my documents to
    AHPRA
    GPO Box 9958
    Canberra
    ACT 2601

Salamat po in advance sa makakatulong.

Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) - ANZSCO 254415
    Total pts: 80+5 (190)
    Onshore

22 Feb 2022: ROI Lodge
    04 Mar 2022: 190 VIC Invitation to Apply
    07 Mar 2022: 190 VIC Application Submitted
    21 Mar 2022: 190 VIC Nomination Approval
    30 Mar 2022: 190 Visa Application Submitted
    01 May 2022: Medical Exam
    05 June 2022: Skilled Nominated SC 190 Granted

"When The Time Is Right I,The Lord Will Make It Happen" - Isaiah 60:22

• cuccicucci NSW

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

• jkkaedsjkkaeds Posts: 23Member

Thank you po @cucci

Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) - ANZSCO 254415
    Total pts: 80+5 (190)
    Onshore

22 Feb 2022: ROI Lodge
    04 Mar 2022: 190 VIC Invitation to Apply
    07 Mar 2022: 190 VIC Application Submitted
    21 Mar 2022: 190 VIC Nomination Approval
    30 Mar 2022: 190 Visa Application Submitted
    01 May 2022: Medical Exam
    05 June 2022: Skilled Nominated SC 190 Granted

"When The Time Is Right I,The Lord Will Make It Happen" - Isaiah 60:22

Need ba ng aphra ang ielts exam?

• cuccicucci NSW
    edited November 2019

@pauline said:
    Need ba ng aphra ang ielts exam?

English proficiency exam po, not necessarily IELTS.
    Unless you have completed five (5) years education in a recognized country where English is the primary language of instruction.

For IELTS,

• the IELTS (academic module) with a minimum overall score of 7 and a minimum score of 7 in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
    • in 1 sitting
    • in 2 sittings provided within 6 months
      • you achieve a minimum overall score of 7 in each sitting, and
      • you achieve a minimum score of 7 in each component across the two sittings, and

• no score in any component of the test is below 6.5

For OET

• the OET with a minimum score of B in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
    • from one test sitting, or
    • maximum of two test sittings in a six month period only if:
      • you are tested in all four components in each sitting, and
      • you achieve a minimum score of B in each component across the two sittings, and
      • no score in any component of the test isbelow C.

PTE Academic
    . the PTE Academic with a minimum overall score of 65 and a minimum score of 65 in each of the
    four communicative skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking).

• from one test sitting, or
    • a maximum of two test sittings in a six month period only if:
      • a minimum overall score of 65 is achieved in each sitting, and
      • you achieve a minimum score of 65 in each of the communicative skills across the two
      sittings, and
      • no score in any of the communicative
      skills is below 58

TOEFL IBT

• the TOEFL iBT with a minimum total score of 94 and the following minimum score in each section
      of the test:
      • 24 for listening,
      • 24 for reading,
      • 27 for writing, and
      • 23 for speaking.

• i. from one test sitting, or

• ii. a maximum of two test sittings in a six month period only if:
      • a minimum total score of 94 is achieved in each sitting, and you achieve a minimum score of 24 for listening, 24 for reading, 27 for writing and 23 for speaking across the two sittings, and
      • no score in any of the sections is below:
      – 20 for listening
      – 19 for reading
      – 24 for writing, and
      – 20 for speaking

Details are here https://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Standards/English-language-skills.aspx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

• gmoly12gmoly12 Quezon City

Hello kabayan! May pathway po ba ang midwifery dito sa NSW or mas safe mag nursing? Matatapos na kasi cert ng kapatid ko next year and we’re not sure if she will take Midwifery or Nursing after. San po ba mas malaking chance for PR? Salamat po! :)

• ram071312ram071312 Perth, Western Australia

Hello, sana po may makasagot. Ung brother in-law ko po ay school nurse at RN sa Pinas for 10 years na. Gusto nya po makapunta as RN dito sa Au. Nakita ko po na effective Jan 2020 ay OBA na ang papalit sa bridging course. Ang tanong ko ay - kapag nakatapos na ng course conversion dito sa Au at naregister na rin as RN, may mga opportunities po ba na makapag work dito sa Au gaya ng sponsored visa o kelangan bumalik ng Pinas at duon mag apply ng SI 189 after mag pa assess sa ANMAC?

Salamat po ng marami.

Chemical Engineer || ANZSCO 233111
    Aug.29.2015 - IELTS Schedule
    Sep.11.2015 - Received IELTS Result - [L8.5|R7.5|W6.5|S7]
    Sep.15.2015 - Submitted requirements to EA for assessment
    Sep.19.2015 - Applied for Remarking at IDP Makati
    Nov.04.2015 - Received Remarking Result - Successful: Writing Module changed to Band 7
    Nov.27.2015 - Applied for NBI with husband (with HIT)Dec.14.2015 - Received EA Positive Outcome Letter
    Dec.15.2015 - Submitted EOI Visa 189- 70 points
    Dec.18.2015 - Received ITA
    Dec.19.2015 - Medical at Nationwide Makati (with husband and daughter)
    Dec.22.2015 - Additional test required for daughter : X-ray due to positive PPD skin test
    Dec.22.2015 - Husband's Medical Status: Health Clearance Provided - No Action Required
    Dec.23.2015 - My Medical Status: Health Clearance Provided - No Action Required
    Jan.12.2016 - Lodged Visa Application
    Jan.12.2016 - Front loaded all documents (including Form 80)
    Jan.13.2016 - Daughter's Medical Status: Health Clearance Provided - No Action Required (Thank you Lord!)
    Jan.28.2016 - CO Allocated - GSM Adelaide, requesting for signed Form 815: Health Undertaking Form for my daughter [Day 16]
    Jan.28.2016 - Submitted signed Form 815 for my daughter [Day 16]
    Mar.18.2016 - Visa Grant, Thank you Lord! [Day 50, from Visa Lodgment] IED - Jul.13.2016
    Mar.18.2016 - Booked flight to Brisbane, QLD (via Qantas) for Initial Entry with family on May.29.2016
    Mar.29.2016 - PDOS at CFO
    May.29.2016 - Initial Entry in Brisbane, QLD fulfilled
    Jan.17, 2017 - Hired by an Au company while still in PH
    Jan. 19, 2017 - Resigned from work in PH
    Feb.10.2017 - Big move to Perth, WA with hubby and daughter
    Feb.13.2017 - 1st day of Full Time Work
    Aug 04.2017 - Start of husband's casual work
    Aug.16.2017 - End of Probationary Period, permanent full time employment confirmed
    Oct. 09.2017 - Start of husband's fulltime work (probationary)

• JB26JB26 Philippines

Hello, tatanomg ko lang po sa mga nag aayos ng requirements for OBA. Nabasa ko po kasi there's no need to provide course description and pharma course syllabus? Thank you sa mga sasagot.

• cuccicucci NSW

@ram071312 said:
    Hello, sana po may makasagot. Ung brother in-law ko po ay school nurse at RN sa Pinas for 10 years na. Gusto nya po makapunta as RN dito sa Au. Nakita ko po na effective Jan 2020 ay OBA na ang papalit sa bridging course. Ang tanong ko ay - kapag nakatapos na ng course conversion dito sa Au at naregister na rin as RN, may mga opportunities po ba na makapag work dito sa Au gaya ng sponsored visa o kelangan bumalik ng Pinas at duon mag apply ng SI 189 after mag pa assess sa ANMAC?

Salamat po ng marami.

Mataas pa rin naman ang demand sa nurses kaya di mawawala ang opportunities. After conversion course pwede syang dumaan sa GSM pathway (general skilled migration) 189, 191, 491 or kung may mag sponsor na employer via ENS 186 pero sa malamang dadaan muna ng TSS 482.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

• ram071312ram071312 Perth, Western Australia

salamat sa sagot @cucci, kung mag GSM pathway kelangan pa ring umuwi ng Pinas after ng course at registration at dun maghintay ng visa, tama? may mga nag iisponsor pa bang employers ngayon for nurses? nagtitingin kasi ako sa mga job sites normally ang isa sa requirements ay Australian Driving Licence and nakalagay no sponsorships available. Hesitant kasi ung BIL ko na tumuloy, kasi kung after daw ng course nya ay uuwi sya sa Pinas panibagong apply na naman sya ng work e almost 10 years na school na pinagtatrabahuhan nya ngayon at syempre kelangan nya ng pera after nya gumastos dito. Salamat ulit

Chemical Engineer || ANZSCO 233111
    Aug.29.2015 - IELTS Schedule
    Sep.11.2015 - Received IELTS Result - [L8.5|R7.5|W6.5|S7]
    Sep.15.2015 - Submitted requirements to EA for assessment
    Sep.19.2015 - Applied for Remarking at IDP Makati
    Nov.04.2015 - Received Remarking Result - Successful: Writing Module changed to Band 7
    Nov.27.2015 - Applied for NBI with husband (with HIT)Dec.14.2015 - Received EA Positive Outcome Letter
    Dec.15.2015 - Submitted EOI Visa 189- 70 points
    Dec.18.2015 - Received ITA
    Dec.19.2015 - Medical at Nationwide Makati (with husband and daughter)
    Dec.22.2015 - Additional test required for daughter : X-ray due to positive PPD skin test
    Dec.22.2015 - Husband's Medical Status: Health Clearance Provided - No Action Required
    Dec.23.2015 - My Medical Status: Health Clearance Provided - No Action Required
    Jan.12.2016 - Lodged Visa Application
    Jan.12.2016 - Front loaded all documents (including Form 80)
    Jan.13.2016 - Daughter's Medical Status: Health Clearance Provided - No Action Required (Thank you Lord!)
    Jan.28.2016 - CO Allocated - GSM Adelaide, requesting for signed Form 815: Health Undertaking Form for my daughter [Day 16]
    Jan.28.2016 - Submitted signed Form 815 for my daughter [Day 16]
    Mar.18.2016 - Visa Grant, Thank you Lord! [Day 50, from Visa Lodgment] IED - Jul.13.2016
    Mar.18.2016 - Booked flight to Brisbane, QLD (via Qantas) for Initial Entry with family on May.29.2016
    Mar.29.2016 - PDOS at CFO
    May.29.2016 - Initial Entry in Brisbane, QLD fulfilled
    Jan.17, 2017 - Hired by an Au company while still in PH
    Jan. 19, 2017 - Resigned from work in PH
    Feb.10.2017 - Big move to Perth, WA with hubby and daughter
    Feb.13.2017 - 1st day of Full Time Work
    Aug 04.2017 - Start of husband's casual work
    Aug.16.2017 - End of Probationary Period, permanent full time employment confirmed
    Oct. 09.2017 - Start of husband's fulltime work (probationary)

• cuccicucci NSW

@ram071312
    Understandable naman ang mga agam-agam nya, afterall kung more or less stable ka na sa Pinas eh bakit pa aalis. Besides, migration is not for everyone.
    Meron pa rin namang mga offer ng sponsorships... like sa hospital where I work, just recently they sponsored 3 pinoys sa ICU... yung experience nya lang ang medyo mahirap kasi hindi clinical setting ang school nurse, afaik. It would be best if for example aside from nursing, take sya ng other course like aged care or other specialization.
    Medyo malaki talaga ang expenses ng nurse compared to other professions. BP alone is about AUD 15k for the tuition. Sa OBA wala pang idea... but it's worth it at masasabing bawi naman pag naka-work na.
    Nga pala, if I am not mistaken Perth is considered regional, right. After conversion or OBA, you can sponsor him for the 491 visa. It might be an easier pathway than 189 or 191 and a lot better than 482.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Hear25Hear25 Posts: 29Member

Hello all! Newby po ako dito, may i-ask lng po sana ako, possible po ba na mkaclaim ako ng points sa skills assessment ng partner ko (nurse po siya and ako po main applicant) or hindi pa since di pa po xa ngbridging course? Maraming salamat po in advance sa mga advices nio. 😊

• cuccicucci NSW

@Hear25 To be able to claim additional points for partner skills, need na ma-assess ang isang nurse ng ANMAC as suitable for skilled migration. Pero to be able to be assessed by ANMAC, need nya to be registered with AHPRA, which means kailangan ma-satisfy ang requirements for registration which could be via bridging, OBA or nursing conversion course.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Hear25Hear25 Posts: 29Member

@cucci Thank you so much po sa answer niyo mam. Very well noted po, at least malinaw na po sakin hehehehe. God bless! :)

• AnaAleinaAnaAleina Posts: 4Member

Hello po, newbie here..ask ko lang po kung pwedi po yung experience ko as school nurse?

meron po ba dito na nurse na nasa UAE and started their application sa RPS migration service? hingi po sna ako feedback..thanks

• cuccicucci NSW

@AnaAleina said:
    Hello po, newbie here..ask ko lang po kung pwedi po yung experience ko as school nurse?

for AHPRA registration, accepted naman ang experience outside the clinical setting, however pagdating sa employment at hospital ang aim mo baka medyo mahirapan. You may need to supplement with additional certificate courses like aged care, community or other related courses.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

@cucci salamat po.