Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (Step by step)

Comments

• RodSherRodSher Dubai

Hello po pwede po nahingi ng GTE nyo. thank you very much

• lunarcatlunarcat Posts: 376Member

Hello, any one here who lodge their SVs this January? Kumusta status ng visa niyo po? I've heard a lot of refusal nong Nov and December as per my agent. Hopefully, mababait ngayon ang mga COs. Goodluck to us. Keep praying :)

For students, sana we can create our own discussion for 2020 intake so we can share sentiments. I'm looking for it pero di ko mahanal san ako maka create ng discussion for.

ANZSCO 261111 ICT Business Analyst | 189 - 75 | 190 (NSW) - 80 | 419 (NSW) - 90
    Oct 2019 - Started my journey to πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί as a SV holder (Diploma and Adv. diploma of IT)
    Feb 2020 - Arrived in Au - Thank you Lord!
    Oct 2022 - Granted Visa TSS 482 (Medium stream)
    Jun 2023 - Start of my PR journey (Thank you, Lord para sa biyaya and opportunity!)
    15 June 2023 - Consulted IMES and Immi Visa
    22 June 2023 - Submitted all documents for ACS Skills Assessment
    05 July 2023 - Submitted additional doco to IMES
    27 July 2023 - Lodged ACS Assessment
    08 Sept 2023 - PTE (Proficient)
    25 Oct 2023 - Received ACS positive result after 13 weeks
    27 Oct 2023 - EOI Lodgement
    30 Oct 2023 - Corrected EOI for work experience claimed points
    --Waiting for pre-invite--

• unicayenunicayen Dubai

Hello everyone! :)

Ask lang po, changed of plan kasi kami. Nursing graduate ako sa pinas but since hindi ako license at walang work experience sa clinical setting, i am not eligible to apply for any program like nursing conversion, graduate entry, bridging course, etc... So we have decided na magstudy nlang ako ng 3 years nursing and we are planning to get married pag on April sa pinas. Question ko lang, ung mga documents ko under maiden name like passport. Wala bang issue yun pag nag apply ako ng visa kung ung CoE maiden name ko nakalagay tska sa passport? And pag nag apply ako ng SV and include him as my dependent, sabay ba kami mabibigyan ng visa? Maaapprove kaya? Pa-help naman po :(

• Pittsky86Pittsky86 Philippines

Hello mga kabayan! :smile:
    My student visa application was lodged yesterday by my agent (January 14, 2020). Orientation at Macquarie University starts on February 17, 2020. Aabot pa kaya ako sa orientation? Visa processing times shared in my immi account says 32-53 days. Any experience/stories before na pwede nila iprioritize yung malapit na orientation and commencement ng course?

Any fellow prospective MU students this semester 1, 2020?

• atheleneathelene Brisbane

@Pittsky86 said:
    My student visa application was lodged yesterday by my agent (January 14, 2020). Orientation at Macquarie University starts on February 17, 2020. Aabot pa kaya ako sa orientation? Visa processing times shared in my immi account says 32-53 days. Any experience/stories before na pwede nila iprioritize yung malapit na orientation and commencement ng course?

Have you done your medical already? If not, you'll have to factor that in. In my case I received the request for medical 2 days after lodging visa application, then booked the earliest appointment for medical (which was a week after I received the request for medical). The med result came out probably around a week, then the visa grant a little over a week after. So for me it took about 3-4 weeks from visa lodgement.

Take note though that every student's case is different, some get their visas right away, others' took weeks (especially if there's an issue with the medical). A classmate of mine only got his visa 2 weeks AFTER the start of classes because of issue with his medical; he had to email the program director about his late arrival to Australia due to visa grant delay. He only got his student visa the day before he was flying out (he already booked a ticket at that time). In his case, there were strict about clearing medicals, so there was no special treatment at all even though classes had already started.

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

@athelene Yes. My medical exam was already done a week before the SV application was lodged. I didn't receive any sms/call re: results if need to repeat or additional test from Nationwide..so I guess the results were good? I'll followup with them if they forwarded the results to the embassy.

@Pittsky86 said:
    @athelene Yes. My medical exam was already done a week before the SV application was lodged. I didn't receive any sms/call re: results if need to repeat or additional test from Nationwide..so I guess the results were good? I'll followup with them if they forwarded the results to the embassy.

I actually don't know if it's possible for you to see the results (I didn't see mine) before they get sent out to DHA, but DHA will tell you if they'll need more info. That's good that your medicals are done; then you'll just have to wait for the visa grant. I hope yours come out soon! =) In the meantime, think positive and start packing up and check for airfares.

• jodizorjodizor Posts: 22Member

My nangyari nb na ganito ung sa dependemt wala pa result?

• pattypatpattypat Posts: 4Member

@jodizor said:
    My nangyari nb na ganito ung sa dependemt wala pa result?

ganyan yung nangyari sa kaibigan ko magasawa sa sydney, tumagal lang yung processing ng dependent dahil sa medical request, sputum daw. pero naapprove din nung naconfirm na ok naman result. hintay lang tayo. ta!

• jodizorjodizor Posts: 22Member

@pattypat pero samin wala nmn hiningi na additional medical or anything

• ExileExile Singapore

@Pittsky86 said:

Hi @Pittsky86,

What's the current status of your application? My agent lodged my student visa application last Nov. 29, 2019 and we did biometrics Dec. 9, 2019. Our visa application status changed to further assessment Dec. 19, 2019. There was a 2 weeks holiday Christmas and New year, and around 11:30 pm yesterday we received our grant. So more or less 3 weeks processing time. My orientation at Caberra University will be on Feb 3, 2020 i think if you've done your medical and there are no other requested docs you might be able get your visa on time.

261313 - Software Engineer

April 18, 2016 - Applied for Visit Visa Online (600) - 2 Adults/ 1 Child/ 1 infant
    April 20, 2016 - Biometric at VFS Global SG
    April 21, 2016 - Visit Visa Approved
    June 03 - 13, 2016 - Visited Sydney
    June 20, 2016 - Started gathering docs for ACS
    October 06, 2016 - ACS Lodged & Stage 1 - (Took me 3 months to obtain an affidavit from my previous boss as my previous company in PH doesn't want to provide a detailed COE)
    October 11, 2016 - ACS Application Status Stage 2
    October 12, 2016 - ACS Application Status Stage 4 (skipped Stage 3) - with Assessor
    October 17, 2016 - ACS Application Status Stage 4 -in progress
    October 19, 2016 - ACS Result : Suitable for migration under 261313 | AQF Associate degree with major in computing | -6 yrs of 13.3 yrs
    October 19, 2016 - Preparing for PTE Exam, aiming for 79+ on all components
    December 02, 2016 - PTE Exam
    December 03, 2016 - PTE Result: L: 85, R: 76, S: 79, W:78, OS: 76 - Planning on submitting 190 and 489 (while reviewing for a re-take)
    December 06, 2016 - Submitted EOI Visa 190 - 60 points
    January 09, 2017 - PTE Exam take 2
    January 10, 2017 - PTE Result: L: 76, R: 76, S: 71, W:71, OS: 74 - (anong nangyari?) planning another retake
    March 16, 2017 - points updated; Visa 189 = 60pts , 190 = 65 pts
    April 24, 2017 - PTE Exam take 3
    April 25, 2017 - PTE Result: L: 72, R: 81, S: 75, W:75, OS: 75 - (alam na this)

• belugaaaaaabelugaaaaaa Posts: 66Member

Hello po

Anyone here po lodged their visa dec 2019?
    I lodged mine nung dec 17, 2019.
    Still waiting pa din ako.

Kayo po?:)

Hi @Exile! Current status received pa rin. Thanks for your detailed reply πŸ™‚

• wersaliwersali Posts: 3Member

Got my student visa yesterday. Lodged Last week of nov 2019. Completed health requirements ng 3rd week of december. Postgraduate research sector.

belugaaaaaa

@wersali said:
    Got my student visa yesterday. Lodged Last week of nov 2019. Completed health requirements ng 3rd week of december. Postgraduate research sector.

May i ask po kung kelan ung exact date kayo naglodge?

Congrats po!:)

@belugaaaaaa said:

@wersali said:

Lodged it Nov 26. Pero na complete ko health requirements mga Dec 16 ata.

Thank you so much! Hintay lang din ng sayo darating din yan 😊

belugaaaaaa

@wersali said:

Thankkk you sana very very soon na din po! :)

@wersali said:

@belugaaaaaa said:

@wersali said:

@wersali how many days processing nakalagay sa immi account mo? Sinunod ba nila yun based on your experience? Jan 14 yung lodgement ng SV application ko by an agent...

belugaaaaaa

@Pittsky86 said:

@wersali said:

@belugaaaaaa said:

@wersali said:

@wersali how many days processing nakalagay sa immi account mo? Sinunod ba nila yun based on your experience? Jan 14 yung lodgement ng SV application ko by an agent...

Hello! Ang nakalagay sakin ay 51 days up to 4 months processing time. Hindi sya nasunod i think if icconsider yung holidays. Approximately 3-4 weeks siguro?

• Richmond1234Richmond1234 Posts: 1Member

Hello po mga Kabayan,
    Tanong ko lang po about student VISA, I'm an ECE working in a Telecom company with 2yrs working experience sa Dubai.
    tanong ko lang po if may mga possible part time jobs ba na related sa ECE kung sakaling ipursue ko ang student VISA ko sa Australia.
    Thanks po!

@wersali said:

@Pittsky86 said:

@wersali said:

@belugaaaaaa said:

@wersali said:

Hello! Ang nakalagay sakin ay 51 days up to 4 months processing time. Hindi sya nasunod i think if icconsider yung holidays. Approximately 3-4 weeks siguro?

I see..naging 19-44 days na lang nakalagay for higher education sector..bumibilis na..good news :)

• joyseejoysee Rizal

'Pag po ba lumampas sa naka indicate na processing period nila, pwede mag follow up?

@joysee said:
    'Pag po ba lumampas sa naka indicate na processing period nila, pwede mag follow up?

Ung friend ko po nagfollow up sya.

Kelan po ba kayo naglodge? Tsaka ano ung processing time na nakalagay?

• joyseejoysee Rizal

Yung agent po kasi may hawak ng immi account. Dec 11 po nalodge, based sa counting nila today ang last day ng indicated na processing period.

@belugaaaaaa said:

@joysee said:

Ung friend ko po nagfollow up sya.

Kelan po ba kayo naglodge? Tsaka ano ung processing time na nakalagay?

• RodSherRodSher Dubai

@athelene you have mentioned about the case of your classmate who had visa delayed because of medical issue. what kind of medical issue could it be? I am asking because I am preparing for the same.

Hello mga sis! Pano kaya diskarte sa case ko? Feb 17 na orientation/intake..12 days na lang..pwede kaya pa-follow up yun? Everything depends on the visa kasi... ticket, accommodation, last-minute luggage prep..etc..

• superluckycloversuperluckyclover Melbourne, VIC

Hello sainyo! ❀️ i was an aspiring Aussie student back in 2014!! Looking back, almost 6 years na pala ang nagdaan, parang pumikit lang ako!!

God bless sa ating lahat! Naiintindihan ko yung anxiety sa paghihintay ng Cert of Enrolment (mapapalunok nalang ng laway sa mahal ng tf at oshc), medical result, grants, have Faith lang at humugot ng lakas sa mga pangarap.

All the best sainyong lahat.

β€œA journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”

AceSG

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

261311 - Analyst Programmer | Age: 30 | Education: 15 | Australian Education: 5 | English Proficiency: 20 | NAATI CCL: 5 | Professional Year: 5 | Total: 80

Timeline:
    26 Oct 2015 - Visa 573 Granted
    01 Nov 2015 - The Eagle has landed
    02 Nov 2015 - First Day High
    15 Feb 2017 - Hubby and Bubba joined me in Melbourne
    01 Dec 2017 - Graduated Masters!
    21 Mar 2018 - Visa 485 Granted
    20 Feb 2019 - Sat NAATI CCL Exam in Adelaide
    21 Mar 2019 - ACS Skills Assessment Positive, Qualification has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a Major in computing.
    23 Apr 2019 - Medicals Cleared - No actions required
    29 Apr 2019 - Submitted EOI for 189
    11 Jul 2019 - ITA received
    23 Jul 2019 - Lodged Visa 189! Speaking life over our PR application β™‘
    04 Feb 2020 - CO Michael Contact (Asking for Evidence of NAATI CCL pass document, Status: Initial Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Responded to CO Contact, attached evidence of NAATI CCL documents (Status: Further Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Provided Compliment Feedback via DHA website
    06 Feb 2020 - Received Feedback Acknowledgement email from CO Sebastian
    06 Feb 2020 - Golden Visa Grant! PRAISE GOD!
    08 Apr 2022 - Received Citizenship Interview & Test Appointment letter
    27 Apr 2022 - Australian Citizenship by Conferral approved
    20 July 2022 - Australian Citizenship Oath Taking Whitehorse Council

• sab16sab16 Posts: 38Member

@superluckyclover said:
    Hello sainyo! ❀️ i was an aspiring Aussie student back in 2014!! Looking back, almost 6 years na pala ang nagdaan, parang pumikit lang ako!!

God bless sa ating lahat! Naiintindihan ko yung anxiety sa paghihintay ng Cert of Enrolment (mapapalunok nalang ng laway sa mahal ng tf at oshc), medical result, grants, have Faith lang at humugot ng lakas sa mga pangarap.

All the best sainyong lahat.

β€œA journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”

Thank you! Hopefully in ma grant na din sv namin. Pray lang tlgaπŸ™πŸ»

superluckyclover

@RodSher said:
    @athelene you have mentioned about the case of your classmate who had visa delayed because of medical issue. what kind of medical issue could it be? I am asking because I am preparing for the same.

They found a spot or something in his chest x-ray, so he had to do a sputum test (which takes 8 weeks to get the results) and it came out negative naman.

There's really no telling what the medical results will show, but if you're a reasonably healthy person with no history of TB or some serious illness, you don't need to worry too much. If possible, apply for the student visa as early as possible (at least 3 or 4 months) to account for unexpected delays (either with medical or visa processing).

• marbans_8marbans_8 Victoria

@Richmond1234 said:
    Hello po mga Kabayan,
    Tanong ko lang po about student VISA, I'm an ECE working in a Telecom company with 2yrs working experience sa Dubai.
    tanong ko lang po if may mga possible part time jobs ba na related sa ECE kung sakaling ipursue ko ang student VISA ko sa Australia.
    Thanks po!

Hi, re sa part time job na related sa ECE (in general), try mo yung parang assembly ng electronic parts/warehouse. Pero in terms sa Telecom as part time job, medyo mahirap, pero try parin :)

263311 Telecommunications Engineer | 189 | Age: 30 pts | Education: 15 pts | Experience: 15 pts | English: 20 pts | Partner Skill: 5 | Total: 85 pts

July 2017 -- joined Pinoyau
    3/02/2018 --PTE exam L 89 R 85 S 88 W 90
    8/26/2018 --Submitted CDR+RSEA+Fastrack to EA
    9/11/2018 --Positive Outcome Letter
    9/12/2018 --EOI Lodged
    10/10/2018 -- Inivitation Received
    10/22/2018 -- NBI clearance
    11/14/2018 -- Medical ko (ok)
    11/30/2018 -- Medical ni Wife (ok)
    12/2/2018 -- Visa lodged
    02/26/2019 -- Granted
    04/01/2019 -- Nagpasa ng resignation (30 days notice)
    05/12/2019 -- Arrived in Melbourne
    job hunt, series of interviews
    part time/casual job/farm work
    12/02/2019 -- got a full time job on my field