Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (2020 Intake)

Comments

• lunarcatlunarcat Posts: 376Member

@curiousmom said:
    hello, hinde ko alam kung asa tama na thread ba ako, ask ko lang meron kase akong nephew na mg college na sya this coming June, aspiring international student siya dto sa Sydney, aside from that we believe na he has potential to apply for scholarship sana dto sa western university Sydney. Hinde ko alam paano mgsimula aside sa pagbabasa ko sa website ng university :) , maybe anyone can assist me how to start , para san mkatulong sa pmangkin ko. maraming salamat po.

Hello, you can apply through do it yourself or by education agency like AECC Global, IDP, and AMS. Those are agencies with free processing fee.

ANZSCO 261111 ICT Business Analyst | 189 - 75 | 190 (NSW) - 80 | 419 (NSW) - 90
    Oct 2019 - Started my journey to πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί as a SV holder (Diploma and Adv. diploma of IT)
    Feb 2020 - Arrived in Au - Thank you Lord!
    Oct 2022 - Granted Visa TSS 482 (Medium stream)
    Jun 2023 - Start of my PR journey (Thank you, Lord para sa biyaya and opportunity!)
    15 June 2023 - Consulted IMES and Immi Visa
    22 June 2023 - Submitted all documents for ACS Skills Assessment
    05 July 2023 - Submitted additional doco to IMES
    27 July 2023 - Lodged ACS Assessment
    08 Sept 2023 - PTE (Proficient)
    25 Oct 2023 - Received ACS positive result after 13 weeks
    27 Oct 2023 - EOI Lodgement
    30 Oct 2023 - Corrected EOI for work experience claimed points
    --Waiting for pre-invite--

• belugaaaaaabelugaaaaaa Posts: 66Member

@sab16 said:
    Sa mga na grant ang sv, nagbago ba yung status nyo sa immi Account or β€œReceived”
    Lang status the whole time then na grant na.

Received lang sakin the whole time tapos naging finalised :)

• atheleneathelene Brisbane

@curiousmom said:
    hello, hinde ko alam kung asa tama na thread ba ako, ask ko lang meron kase akong nephew na mg college na sya this coming June, aspiring international student siya dto sa Sydney, aside from that we believe na he has potential to apply for scholarship sana dto sa western university Sydney. Hinde ko alam paano mgsimula aside sa pagbabasa ko sa website ng university :) , maybe anyone can assist me how to start , para san mkatulong sa pmangkin ko. maraming salamat po.

Hello~ if your nephew is planning to apply for WSU, he should double-check if the program he plans to apply for has mid-year intakes. As far as I know, WSU is on a trimester system, but some specific programs might be on a quarter system. I have a nephew who also studies undergrad at WSU, and he started uni around January, not June. If there are no midyear intakes, he'll have to wait to start his studies next year (but he can apply now for 2021 intake).

Also, have him check the requirements for applications and the deadline; some unis have specific deadlines, while others are on rolling basis (meaning they accept applications year-round and make decisions as they receive applications). Typically applicants would be required to include IELTS or English proficiency exam results, and transcripts/diplomas from previous studies, but every program will have specific requirements (some may require portfolio if it's a design-related program). If everything is prepared and on hand, it's just a matter of applying either direct to the university or through an education agent. In my case, I applied directly to the university (not WSU) and I had to pay an application fee. If applying via education agent, you don't need to pay anything. As for the speed of decision on the application, it can vary depending on the volume of applicants.

As for WSU scholarships for international students, applicants are automatically considered, so no need to make a separate application. However, it can be very competitive since your nephew will be competing with all other international applicants for that session (across disciplines, not just his selected program).

I found the link to the WSU scholarships; the scholarships for international students at the undergrad level is quite limited. Have your nephew check the requirements/eligibility for all the options.
    https://westernsydney.edu.au/informationabout/scholarships_home/scholarships

If/when your nephew receives admission to the university, I'm not sure if the admission letter would reflect that. During my time, I didn't receive any email or notification about a scholarship offer until about 2 months before the start of the semester (again, not WSU though). So there's no immediate assurance that he'll have news regarding the scholarship until the Scholarships Office makes a decision based on all the applicants for that intake or session (generally on a ranking basis).

If your nephew is keen on getting a scholarship, I would also recommend looking into Australia Awards. They have scheduled information sessions this February regarding the scholarship, and the application period is currently open (for January 2021 intake).

https://australiaawardsphilippines.org/confirm
    https://australiaawardsphilippines.org/

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• curiousmomcuriousmom Singapore

@lunarcat @athelene thank you so much mlaking bagay to para mksimula ako mgresearch thanks again =)

• jrt1114jrt1114 Philippines

@lunarcat said:

@curiousmom said:

Hello, you can apply through do it yourself or by education agency like AECC Global, IDP, and AMS. Those are agencies with free processing fee.

Hello sir, ask ko lang po if magkano ang usual fee sa mga agency pra sa student?

ANZSCO 233311 | Electrical Engineer | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work (offshore): 10 | Qualifications: 15 | TOTAL: 75

May 2018: Took IELTS (Overall 7.0)(L-8.5, R-8.0, S-6.0, W-6.0)
    March 2019: Took PTE Academic (1st try: Proficient)(L-78, R-82, S-90, W-78)
    April 2019: Took PTE Academic (2nd try: Superior)(L-83, R-90, S-90, W-89)
    June 2019: Submitted documents for EA assessment (Education and Work Experience)
    August 2019: Received positive results from EA (Education and Work Experience)
    August 2019: Submitted EOI for Visa 189 (70 pts) at SkillSelect
    August 2021: EOI for Visa 189 (70 pts) at SkillSelect expired
    May 2022: Took PTE Academic (3rd try: Superior)(L-88, R-90, S-90, W-90)
    November 2022: Submit EOI for Visa 189 (75 pts) 190 (80 pts) 491 (90 pts)
    February 2023: Pre-invite received 190 (NSW)
    March 2023: ITA received 190 (NSW)
    March 2023: Lodged 190 (NSW) Visa Application

• kgnervezkgnervez Posts: 2Member

Hello guys,

mag apply na kasi ako for student visa next week, ask ko lang ano pinag kaiba ng GTE and SOP? Thanks!

@jrt1114 said:

@lunarcat said:

@curiousmom said:

Hello sir, ask ko lang po if magkano ang usual fee sa mga agency pra sa student?

Agency is free processing. Try AECC they are for free!

Oct 2019 - Started my journey to πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί as a SV holder (Diploma and Adv. diploma of IT)
    Jun 2023 - Start of my PR journey (Thank you, Lord para sa biyaya and opportunity!)

@kgnervez said:
    Hello guys,

mag apply na kasi ako for student visa next week, ask ko lang ano pinag kaiba ng GTE and SOP? Thanks!

They are the same. Pero mas detailed si GTE since yan ipapasa sa Immigration for SV application.

• kgnervezkgnervez Posts: 2Member

@lunarcat said:

@kgnervez said:
    Hello guys,

They are the same. Pero mas detailed si GTE since yan ipapasa sa Immigration for SV application.

Oh okay. thank you for answering!

• mumofLiammumofLiam Singapore

Just lodge my visa today. Pasama naman po ako sa prayers nyo :smile:

I'm based in SG. May naka experience ba sa inyo na nag biometrics?

• Charlie_Brown089Charlie_Brown089 Posts: 2Member

Hi po, so I have lodged my student visa application since Jan 3 and the global visa processing time states "19 to 44 days." Does this mean the processing will take 19-44 business days or just as it says?

• vbarry1990vbarry1990 Posts: 11Member

Hi Guys,

Good day. I am new to this forum. Pwede maka hingi ng insights from you guys.

I am planning to take Diploma of Website Development and Advanced Diploma in Computer System and Technology at Intech Institute of Technology in Brisbane. Received a Letter of Offer from the school and intake date is by September 2020 pa naman. But considering how strict the Australia Immigration currently specially to VET courses, Do you think it is a good idea for me to get both VET courses?

My other option is to get a Masters Degree in Business Analytics at Kaplan but having second thoughts kasi medyo pricey.

I graduated with BS Information Technology here in the Philippines pala and is currently working as Project Management Officer in an IT Company for 7 years (related to IT).

I also have a brother that is already a citizen in Australia that will be supporting my studies abroad.

Have TOEFL test but is already expired score R: 14, L: 16, S:20, W:21

Been to Australia twice as a tourist and no history of visa refusal or violations.

I badly needed your advises as I will be doing the process on my own.

Thank you

@curiousmom said:
    @lunarcat @athelene thank you so much mlaking bagay to para mksimula ako mgresearch thanks again =)

You're welcome. :smile: Btw, I met another student at WSU, but she's studying a master's degree and for her program daw two sems per year lang sila. So I guess the trisem system depends on a particular degree, and it's not for the entire university.

@Charlie_Brown089 said:
    Hi po, so I have lodged my student visa application since Jan 3 and the global visa processing time states "19 to 44 days." Does this mean the processing will take 19-44 business days or just as it says?

It's a case-to-case basis. Have you checked Immiaccount on the status of your application? Have you done your medicals before lodging? Baka marami pa silang backlog since the holidays, and I think peak period ngayon for student visa applications for Semester 1 intakes.

@mumofLiam said:
    Just lodge my visa today. Pasama naman po ako sa prayers nyo :smile:

I'm based in SG. May naka experience ba sa inyo na nag biometrics?

Hope you get your visa soon! As for biometrics, I don't remember doing that for my student visa (but I was based in Taiwan when I applied).

@vbarry1990 said:
    Hi Guys,

I am planning to take Diploma of Website Development and Advanced Diploma in Computer System and Technology at Intech Institute of Technology in Brisbane. Received a Letter of Offer from the school and intake date is by September 2020 pa naman. But considering how strict the Australia Immigration currently specially to VET courses, Do you think it is a good idea for me to get both VET courses?

My other option is to get a Masters Degree in Business Analytics at Kaplan but having second thoughts kasi medyo pricey.

I graduated with BS Information Technology here in the Philippines pala and is currently working as Project Management Officer in an IT Company for 7 years (related to IT).

I also have a brother that is already a citizen in Australia that will be supporting my studies abroad.

Been to Australia twice as a tourist and no history of visa refusal or violations.

Thank you

>

I am not sure if they are being more strict now with the VET courses, but in my opinion it's really a matter of how well you can persuade DHA regarding the benefits of the diploma courses to your career. Some people get rejected because they study things that aren't very related to their background, or their chosen program is a lower level than their previous studies (although I have a friend who already has a Bachelor's Degree in the PH but went on to study Diploma courses here), among others.

If you look through the units of study for both courses, see how well they compare to your Bachelor's and to the Master's Degree in Business Analytics. Baka kasi repetitive lang yung VET courses sa kinuha mo sa college. Personally and professionally, which course would you really want to do and which one would help you land a decent job after graduation? The Diploma and Advanced Diploma are AQF Levels 5 and 6, which is lower than the Bachelor's Degree. With your 7 years of experience, I think you might be better served with a Master's Degree rather than a Diploma+Advanced Diploma.

Yes, I understand that postgraduate studies are much more expensive, but think of your studies as more of an investment on yourself, not just a pathway to get to Australia (knowing your brother is here). You have to consider what is best for your career, if indeed you want to expand your skillset.

As for your TOEFL, you might consider retaking it, because most schools will require a valid one. Check the requirements of the education provider if they require a valid proof of English proficiency and the minimum requirements.

@athelene thanks a lot for the inputs. I really appreciate it.

My heart says to pursue a Masters knowing the benefit of it after completing the course and para din di masayang ang 7 years experience here in Philippines kasi related siya sa work experience ko talaga.

Again thanks a lot for feedback.

• Charlie_Brown089Charlie_Brown089 Posts: 2Member

@Charlie_Brown089 said:

It's a case-to-case basis. Have you checked Immiaccount on the status of your application? Have you done your medicals before lodging? Baka marami pa silang backlog since the holidays, and I think peak period ngayon for student visa applications for Semester 1 intakes.

My Immiaccount's status says that it has been received and will be processed. I have submitted all the necessary documents including my medicals before lodging which has been submitted and finalized. My orientation starts on the 19th in ACU, North Sydney campus. I just pray that it'll be granted soon.

• dr3yBaDzdr3yBaDz Posts: 12Member

I lodge my Visa last Jan 23 and I'm still waiting for it to be granted until now. but I never lose hope that it will be approved soon. my intake will be next week Feb. 19 pls let's continue to pray for one another than you

• aranayadaranayad Queensland

@vbarry1990 said:
    Hi Guys,

Thank you

With your experience, have you considered applying for a working visa (GSM visas) instead of SV?

Subclass 500 Bachelor of Accounting/ CQUniversity-Rockhampton/ March 2019 intake

July 18, 2018 - Received Letter Offer from CQU (Unconditional Offer-No IELTS)
    September 15, 2018 -Took IELTS-Academic (IDP)
    September 28, 2018 - Results day OBS: 7 L:8 R:7.5 W:6 S:6
    October 11, 2018 - Received Full Offer from CQU
    October 12, 2018 - Paid OSHC worth AUD$ 1,720
    October 15, 2018 - Paid Tuition to Flywire
    October 17, 2018 - Confirmed CQU received payment
    October 18, 2018 - Medical at St. Lukes-Ermita
    October 22, 2018 - Received email form CQU for additional docs
    Waiting for COE
    October 24, 2018 - Received Confirmation of Enrollment
    October 25, 2018 - Lodged visa
    October 26, 2018 - Grant

Thank you Lord!

• Pittsky86Pittsky86 Philippines

@sab16 said:

@belugaaaaaa said:

@lunarcat said:

@Bridge said:
    Hi Guys, just got my VISA today :) :) :)

Congrats sis. Saan ka sa Au? Kayo na next @belugaaaaaa and @Pittsky86. Laban Lang tayo mga sis πŸ™β€οΈ

Thanks sis! Fingers crossed!!

Update kayo dito ha @belugaaaaaa @Pittsky86 please. Sana tyo 3 na next πŸ™πŸ»

Hi sis @sab16! Next week na orientation ko still received pa rin. God-willing lumabas na granted SV natin within this week. Di ba ang trend here usually..pag malapit na orientation/classes saka nila binibigay yung granted SV? Let's keep praying πŸ™β€οΈ

@belugaaaaaa said:

@sab16 said:

@belugaaaaaa said:
    May visa na ako mga sis.

Lodged: dec 17
    Granted: feb 6

Ano nga course na kinuha mo sis and saan?
    Congrats again! Sama mo kami sa prayers mo sana next na yun saminπŸ™πŸ»

Yes sis! God is always good! Sama ko kayo sa prayers ko.

Clinical rehab ako sa adelaide ❀️

Kayo na next!!!!

Congrats sis @belugaaaaaa! Godbless on your new adventure in AU. Sunod na kami niyan, for sure! ❀️

belugaaaaaa

@Charlie_Brown089 said:

Hi @Charlie_Brown089! If my memory is correct..the immi website states "calendar days" - meaning this includes weekends..Mine was lodged last Jan 14, still waiting pa rin for the outcome. Please update us ha @Charlie_Brown089 if you received you granted SV na...para we know na gumagalaw yung naglodge sa January..Thanks!

@dr3yBaDz said:
    I lodge my Visa last Jan 23 and I'm still waiting for it to be granted until now. but I never lose hope that it will be approved soon. my intake will be next week Feb. 19 pls let's continue to pray for one another than you

Hi @dr3yBaDz. Same here, my intake is next week too, Feb 17. Mine was lodged last Jan 14. Let's keep praying! Please do ask anyone you know who lodged last December of early January, para we know na gumagalaw na yung processing. Godbless!

• belugaaaaaabelugaaaaaa Posts: 66Member

@Pittsky86 said:

@belugaaaaaa said:

@sab16 said:

@belugaaaaaa said:
    May visa na ako mga sis.

Lodged: dec 17
    Granted: feb 6

Ano nga course na kinuha mo sis and saan?
    Congrats again! Sama mo kami sa prayers mo sana next na yun saminπŸ™πŸ»

Yes sis! God is always good! Sama ko kayo sa prayers ko.

Clinical rehab ako sa adelaide ❀️

Kayo na next!!!!

Congrats sis @belugaaaaaa! Godbless on your new adventure in AU. Sunod na kami niyan, for sure! ❀️

Thanks sis! Kayo na next sis! Pray lang tayo haaa ❀️

• sab16sab16 Posts: 38Member

@Pittsky86 said:

@sab16 said:

@belugaaaaaa said:

@lunarcat said:

@Bridge said:

Congrats sis. Saan ka sa Au? Kayo na next @belugaaaaaa and @Pittsky86. Laban Lang tayo mga sis πŸ™β€οΈ

Hi sis @sab16! Next week na orientation ko still received pa rin. God-willing lumabas na granted SV natin within this week. Di ba ang trend here usually..pag malapit na orientation/classes saka nila binibigay yung granted SV? Let's keep praying πŸ™β€οΈ

@Pittsky86 said:

@sab16 said:

@belugaaaaaa said:

@lunarcat said:

@Bridge said:

Hi Sis! Oo waiting pa din ako sa 24 na ang orientation ko. Nag ff up na nga ako sa agency ko sa Ams Global. Sabi nila nareceive na nila visa grant Last Feb 9 for students who lodged last Jan 3 and 4. Sabi nya baka ako ng yung sunod. Sa Immi account ko naka β€œreceived” status pa din. il pray for us na ma grant na visa natin sis. πŸ™πŸ»

• hikarihikari Australia

@vbarry1990 said:
    Hi Guys,

Thank you

Hi nasa IT field din ako. in my case, master's kinuha ko since yung bachelor ko sa pinas is not comparable to AQF bachelor. Naging decision factor ko yung points system since I am after for PR at malaking points ang hindi ko macclaim for education and work experience since si ACS ay nagdededuct din work experience. sa taas ng trend ngayon for ICT occup para mainvite, halos kaylangan mo talaga macomplete lahat ng category in claiming points. if you are after for PR as well, you might check first with your current points. Best of luck!

Master of Software Engineering

Jun 2018 Started AU Dreams
    Aug 2018 Started inquiring about Student Visa pathway - AECC Global and KOKOS International
    30-Aug-18 Got an offer with a full scholarship from Macquarie University Course: Master of Information Technology | Application Date: August 20, 2018
    14-Sep-18 Got a conditional offer from Deakin University | Course: Grad Cert + Master IT | Application Date: August 20, 2018
    10-Oct-18 1st PTE-A Exam
    15-Oct-18 Got a full offer from Deakin University
    20-Nov-18 Tuition Fee Payment
    23-Nov-18 Received CoE from Deakin University
    27-Nov-18 Insurance Payment (Medibank)
    29-Nov-18 Medical at St Luke's BGC | Health Clearance Provided - No Actions Required
    12-Dec-18 Student Visa lodgement
    14-Dec-18 CO asked an additional de facto documents (Evidence of same home address)
    19-Dec-18 Uploaded all documents to immi portal (Waiting time!!!)
    02-Jan-19 Visa Grant!
    Jun 2019 IT Grad Cert completed at Deakin Uni
    Aug 2019 First Day in Uni Adelaide

@aranayad said:

@vbarry1990 said:
    Hi Guys,

Thank you

With your experience, have you considered applying for a working visa (GSM visas) instead of SV?

I've been considering GSM as well but I'm afraid my work experience would not be enough to get a suitable assessment from ACS. But i'll reconsider. Thanks for the inputs.

@hikari said:

@vbarry1990 said:
    Hi Guys,

Thank you

Hi nasa IT field din ako. in my case, master's kinuha ko since yung bachelor ko sa pinas is not comparable to AQF bachelor. Naging decision factor ko yung points system since I am after for PR at malaking points ang hindi ko macclaim for education and work experience since si ACS ay nagdededuct din work experience. sa taas ng trend ngayon for ICT occup para mainvite, halos kaylangan mo talaga macomplete lahat ng category in claiming points. if you are after for PR as well, you might check first with your current points. Best of luck!

Same with mine and nabasa ko nasa 80-90 points na i-invite ngaun. Currently nasa 55 lang ako. Planning to take TOEFL again to get proficient rating. Ano po kinuha mo masters? and what school? Medyo pricey talaga kasi yung masters.

• hikarihikari Australia

@vbarry1990 said:

@hikari said:

@vbarry1990 said:
    Hi Guys,

Thank you

Same with mine and nabasa ko nasa 80-90 points na i-invite ngaun. Currently nasa 55 lang ako. Planning to take TOEFL again to get proficient rating. Ano po kinuha mo masters? and what school? Medyo pricey talaga kasi yung masters.

90-95 points and trend ngayon :)
    Master of Software Engineering sa uniAdelaide.

True na mahal tlga tuition fee for international students :'( kaso no choice naman ako kasi di uusad yung points ko kung hindi ako mag mamasters dito 🀣 madami naman perks na pwede kapag nagmaster ka ih :) ako kasi makakaclaim ako ng maraming points. Au study, regional, education, pwede pa mag py, at eligible din for post study visa :) if I'm not mistaken, kapag below bachelor yung program na tinpos mo and hindi trade vet courses, di ka eligible mag post study visa. Baka pwede mo din iconsider yun :) nasa sec 1 ba yung bachelor degree mo sa pinas?

Master of Software Engineering

Jun 2018 Started AU Dreams
    Aug 2018 Started inquiring about Student Visa pathway - AECC Global and KOKOS International
    30-Aug-18 Got an offer with a full scholarship from Macquarie University Course: Master of Information Technology | Application Date: August 20, 2018
    14-Sep-18 Got a conditional offer from Deakin University | Course: Grad Cert + Master IT | Application Date: August 20, 2018
    10-Oct-18 1st PTE-A Exam
    15-Oct-18 Got a full offer from Deakin University
    20-Nov-18 Tuition Fee Payment
    23-Nov-18 Received CoE from Deakin University
    27-Nov-18 Insurance Payment (Medibank)
    29-Nov-18 Medical at St Luke's BGC | Health Clearance Provided - No Actions Required
    12-Dec-18 Student Visa lodgement
    14-Dec-18 CO asked an additional de facto documents (Evidence of same home address)
    19-Dec-18 Uploaded all documents to immi portal (Waiting time!!!)
    02-Jan-19 Visa Grant!
    Jun 2019 IT Grad Cert completed at Deakin Uni
    Aug 2019 First Day in Uni Adelaide

Meron ba dito nag lodge ng visa outside pinas? Like Singapore? Sana hindi maka affect sa visa application yung case ng nCoV sa SG.

@vbarry1990 said:
    @athelene thanks a lot for the inputs. I really appreciate it.

My heart says to pursue a Masters knowing the benefit of it after completing the course and para din di masayang ang 7 years experience here in Philippines kasi related siya sa work experience ko talaga.

Again thanks a lot for feedback.

You're welcome. :smile: If only the heart and the mind (a.k.a. financials) would agree.... hahaha. There are indeed a lot of things to consider for doing the Master's degree (both pros and cons): access to 485 visa (post-study work visa stream), high tuition fee, difference in study load, uni experience, access to student support services, etc. It's really a matter of which one seems more practical and beneficial for you in the long run.

@mumofLiam said:
    Meron ba dito nag lodge ng visa outside pinas? Like Singapore? Sana hindi maka affect sa visa application yung case ng nCoV sa SG.

If you're asking for recent applications, I think it might not make a difference (unless if you have recently traveled to China though, and I suppose malalaman naman sa travel history?). If you're asking for applications in general, I have applied for SV outside PH and wala naman problem (I applied Feb 2018).

@athelene Yah sis, praying for smooth application process. :smile: Thank you!