Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Police Clearance vs NBI Clearance

Hello everyone. I was required to submit for Character Requirement(Police Clearance). Is this the NBI Clearance or the police clearance from my locality?
Sorry if this question sounds ignorant 😬

Thanks in advance sa mga sasagot.
Be safe!

Comments

• LovellaEllenLovellaEllen QLD, Australia

@aicee NBI clearance

ANZSCO Code: 254423 | Age : 25 , Education: 15, Experience: 15, OET: 10| 65 Points
    July 2017 - Passed OET
    Oct 2018 - Completed Bridging Program at ACN
    Nov-Dec 2018 - Completed AHPRA Registration, ANMAC Assessment and Job Offer
    Jan 2019 - Submitted EOI for VISA190 (QLD, offshore) and Applied for TSS (482) VISA
    Feb 2019 - TSS VISA Approved and received ITA for 190 (QLD)
    March 2019 - Lodged 190 (QLD) VISA application offshore
    April 2019 - Started work in QLD via TSS (482) VISA
    Oct 2019 - 190 (QLD) granted - Thank you Lord and everyone in the forum!

• chamarkchamark Posts: 107Member

@aicee NBI clearance po.

• aiceeaicee Posts: 95Member

@LovellaEllen @chamark Salamat po sa sagot.

• JDC123JDC123 Philippines

Hello all, I lived in Perth WA for almost 4 years and held a temporary visa (457). In my understanding, I will need to provide police clearance from Australia when I apply for a permanent visa since nag stay ako don for more than 12 months. Tama po ba?

TIA

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,691Member, Administrator, Moderator

@JDC123 said:
    Hello all, I lived in Perth WA for almost 4 years and held a temporary visa (457). In my understanding, I will need to provide police clearance from Australia when I apply for a permanent visa since nag stay ako don for more than 12 months. Tama po ba?

TIA

That’s correct. Countries you’ve lived in for 12+months in the last 10 years

JDC123

Thank you @RheaMARN1171933
    Do you know how long does it usually take kapag outside Australia ang request?

TIA

@JDC123 said:

TIA

Not too familiar with securing police clearances since we leave this to clients to process themselves but I have not had clients who had to wait long. Try checking their website, I could imagine there should be info regarding this. All the best.

• cuccicucci NSW

@JDC123 said:

TIA

Usually, police clearances whether Federal or State police are sent to an Australian address and take about a fortnight (2 weeks) to process and send via AusPost. I would suggest ask a friend in Aus to receive the clearance using their address and send you a scanned copy which you can submit to immigration for the visa application.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    01.2017 | Applied to AHPRA
    04.2017 | received Letter of Referral
    09.2017 | finished BP
    11.2017 | AHPRA Registration / Employment Offer
    12.2017 | Lodged 457 Visa Application (onshore) / ANMAC Assessment
    01.2018 | 457 Visa granted / Received positive ANMAC Assessment / Submitted EOI

04.11.2019 | Received Employer Nomination
    04.26.2019 | Submitted Visa application (186 DE)
    05.06.2019 | CO contact for medical exams
    05.09.2019 | Visa Granted (186 DE)

17.09.2021 | Application for Citizenship
    21.03.2022 | Citizenship exam, interview and approval
    02.07.2022 | Citizenship Ceremony
    (Thank you Lord!!!)

21.03.2023 | Citizenship interview, exam and approval of dependents
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not too familiar with securing police clearances since we leave this to clients to process themselves but I have not had clients who had to wait long. Try checking their website, I could imagine there should be info regarding this. All the best.

I found the website. Thanks @RheaMARN1171933

Usually, police clearances whether Federal or State police are sent to an Australian address and take about a fortnight (2 weeks) to process and send via AusPost. I would suggest ask a friend in Aus to receive the clearance using their address and send you a scanned copy which you can submit to immigration for the visa application.

Hi @cucci, thanks for the info. So scanned copy lang pala ang issubmit. I thought yung original copy 😅

• cuccicucci NSW

@JDC123 said:

Hi @cucci, thanks for the info. So scanned copy lang pala ang issubmit. I thought yung original copy 😅

Visa application is usually online using the your account on the immi website except for some visas and documents just need to be hi-res scans.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    01.2017 | Applied to AHPRA
    04.2017 | received Letter of Referral
    09.2017 | finished BP
    11.2017 | AHPRA Registration / Employment Offer
    12.2017 | Lodged 457 Visa Application (onshore) / ANMAC Assessment
    01.2018 | 457 Visa granted / Received positive ANMAC Assessment / Submitted EOI

04.11.2019 | Received Employer Nomination
    04.26.2019 | Submitted Visa application (186 DE)
    05.06.2019 | CO contact for medical exams
    05.09.2019 | Visa Granted (186 DE)

17.09.2021 | Application for Citizenship
    21.03.2022 | Citizenship exam, interview and approval
    02.07.2022 | Citizenship Ceremony
    (Thank you Lord!!!)

21.03.2023 | Citizenship interview, exam and approval of dependents
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok got it. Thanks @cucci

@cucci said:

@JDC123 said:

TIA

I don’t think that’s the case. I’ve had client here in the UK who received them via post.

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@cucci said:

@JDC123 said:

TIA

I don’t think that’s the case. I’ve had client here in the UK who received them via post. There is an information about this on the website from what I recall when a client sent us a link from it.

@cucci said:

@JDC123 said:

Visa application is usually online using the your account on the immi website except for some visas and documents just need to be hi-res scans.

That’s correct. All docs are scanned and uploaded on the immigration portal.

Thanks for confirming @RheaMARN1171933

Medyo weird lang kasi when I tried the link below, the result is 'You can't send a letter here.
    Some countries don’t allow postage items from Australia
    '.

I selected Canberra in the From section then Philippines in the To section.

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/

• kagenuikagenui Posts: 52Member

hello....confirm lang po. about sa countries na nagstay or live....
    in my case po kasi sa dati kong employer...pinapadala po kami sa japan as dispatch employee once a year for 6 months period. tapos balik ng pinas for 6 months sa pinas then balik japan ulit to work.
    Sa case po na ganito need pa din po ba na kumuha ng PCC sa japan?

Thank you sa makapagconfirm.

• era222era222 Philippines

@kagenui said:
    in my case po kasi sa dati kong employer...pinapadala po kami sa japan as dispatch employee once a year for 6 months period. tapos balik ng pinas for 6 months sa pinas then balik japan ulit to work.

My understanding is only if you lived for 12 months+:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/character

So I’m assuming that means consecutively, and not cumulative. But I could be wrong.

OzdrimsConboyboy

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

• kagenuikagenui Posts: 52Member

@era222 said:

@kagenui said:

My understanding is only if you lived for 12 months+:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/character

So I’m assuming that means consecutively, and not cumulative. But I could be wrong.

thank you po sa pagsagot....
    same din tayo ng understanding "lived" pero may nakikita ako na ang sabi e "total" daw anyway...magkakaalaman to once I submit the application...
    thanks again