Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa 2021 Intake

Comments

• monicuuutemonicuuute laguna

thanks much @xiaoxue and @athelene sa suggestions pagsagot. :) will follow your advice.

xiaoxue
  • xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@ELMarquez said:

what would you recommend na masteral na related as archi na would lead to residency? thanks po

Hi EL, I am not exactly an architect, but I'm in a related field. I seek advice from a migration agent regarding what pathways I could take, and this is what he advised me:

Other occupations require 1-year of work experience while architects do not have such requirements. But in Australia, you must have obtained a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in Architecture. The University of Tasmania offers a Master of Architecture and Tasmania has supported their international graduates in terms of state nomination so this is something we can discuss further.

If you don't mind spending some time in regional areas (like Tasmania), I think MArch is a good path for PR since it doesn't require any relevant work experience. MARch is also offered at Uni of Canberra so I think that's also an option (since at the moment, Architect is in ACT's Critical Skilled Occupations List). I agree with @athelene - I think that MArch is the best study pathway to take for Filipino architects for PR purposes.

But if you are confident that you can get 1-year of experience after graduation (in order to be assessed positively), I think there are also other options. I am still undecided on my own path, but I am looking at the following courses:

Master of Urban Planning - Queensland, South Australia, and Western Australia offered state nomination for their graduates
    Master of Landscape Architecture - Queensland and South Australia offered state nomination for their graduates
    Master of Interior Design - South Australia offered state nomination for their graduates

Other options are Master of Construction Project Management and Master of Environment (medyo malayo na to but I think it's still applicable to me).

Bear in mind that my ideas are based on previous state rules. We don't know what new rules may come up in 2 years' time after we finish studying.

ELMarquez
  • xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@athelene said:

The sleepless nights begin roughly 2 weeks before final review, when everyone is working on the final boards. The studios are jam-packed, all the computers in the labs are used for rendering (I've seen one person taking up 8 iMac computers just to render their project), people cooking ramen in the pantry at 2 AM in the morning. You'll see the studios at its messiest, trashcan full of pizza boxes/food containers, people wearing yesterday's clothes (yes, the architecture building is open 24/7). If you feel like studio is hard after reading this, I assure you, it is! :p It's a scary amount of work, and nobody told me about it when I first started. But it will definitely teach you how to be resilient, creative, and confident.

Grabe, thanks for sharing Athelene! This is exactly what I am trying to avoid - so as much as possible I don't want to do architecture school again. Feeling ko sapat na yung pinagdaanan ko na sya once. For sure baka mas mahirap sa Australia (or baka mahirap kasi USyd?). But congratulations to you on making it!

• ELMarquezELMarquez Posts: 11Member

@xiaoxue said:

@athelene said:

The sleepless nights begin roughly 2 weeks before final review, when everyone is working on the final boards. The studios are jam-packed, all the computers in the labs are used for rendering (I've seen one person taking up 8 iMac computers just to render their project), people cooking ramen in the pantry at 2 AM in the morning. You'll see the studios at its messiest, trashcan full of pizza boxes/food containers, people wearing yesterday's clothes (yes, the architecture building is open 24/7). If you feel like studio is hard after reading this, I assure you, it is! :p It's a scary amount of work, and nobody told me about it when I first started. But it will definitely teach you how to be resilient, creative, and confident.

Grabe, thanks for sharing Athelene! This is exactly what I am trying to avoid - so as much as possible I don't want to do architecture school again. Feeling ko sapat na yung pinagdaanan ko na sya once. For sure baka mas mahirap sa Australia (or baka mahirap kasi USyd?). But congratulations to you on making it!

ako rin, iniisip ko kung kaya pa ng mind cells ko. so what are your plans po?

@xiaoxue said:

@ELMarquez said:

what would you recommend na masteral na related as archi na would lead to residency? thanks po

Hi EL, I am not exactly an architect, but I'm in a related field. I seek advice from a migration agent regarding what pathways I could take, and this is what he advised me:

Other occupations require 1-year of work experience while architects do not have such requirements. But in Australia, you must have obtained a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in Architecture. The University of Tasmania offers a Master of Architecture and Tasmania has supported their international graduates in terms of state nomination so this is something we can discuss further.

If you don't mind spending some time in regional areas (like Tasmania), I think MArch is a good path for PR since it doesn't require any relevant work experience. MARch is also offered at Uni of Canberra so I think that's also an option (since at the moment, Architect is in ACT's Critical Skilled Occupations List). I agree with @athelene - I think that MArch is the best study pathway to take for Filipino architects for PR purposes.

But if you are confident that you can get 1-year of experience after graduation (in order to be assessed positively), I think there are also other options. I am still undecided on my own path, but I am looking at the following courses:

Master of Urban Planning - Queensland, South Australia, and Western Australia offered state nomination for their graduates
    Master of Landscape Architecture - Queensland and South Australia offered state nomination for their graduates
    Master of Interior Design - South Australia offered state nomination for their graduates

Other options are Master of Construction Project Management and Master of Environment (medyo malayo na to but I think it's still applicable to me).

Bear in mind that my ideas are based on previous state rules. We don't know what new rules may come up in 2 years' time after we finish studying.

mukhang hassle talaga ung mag aral pa ng MArch dahil sa design studios. I am also leaning towards Master of Construction Management as an alternative. any idea po on this course? thanks po.

@athelene said:

@ELMarquez said:
    that's what I am about to say, I'm also leaning towards project management since a proj manager is on the long term skilled list, but I have already made skill assessment with Vetassess with architectural draftsperson as my job. Considering the circumstances if graduated with Masteral in Architecture - I can be accredited as Architect in Australia or pursue my architectural draftsperson job ( and I can use my assessment).

Can you tell me more about the life of Masteral Archi Student, please?
    is it demanding and what about part time work?
    thank you soo much. I needed guidance with decision making. again, thank you.

For migration purposes, an accredited MArch degree is usually sufficient to get a positive skills assessment for AACA. But if you plan to get registered as an Architect in Australia, you will still need to do the logbook and take the exam (similar to internship and PRC exam in PH). If you choose to migrate as a draftsperson, you will still need to do OQA as pathway for registration. If you study MArch, then you just need to do the Verification, which would make you eligible for the APE.

Studying MArch is challenging, in my opinion, since the studio culture is quite different from how they do design studio in PH. At USyd, we need to take 4 subjects per sem (6 credits per subject, so 24 credits total each semester) to fulfill the full load requirement as an international student. Design studio is worth 12 credits, which is double the credit of a normal class, so you will be spending most of your time doing design work.

We only had one class day per week--one hour lecture, and the rest of 7 hours is spent in tutorials. Tutorials mean a small discussion group with your tutor (usually a practicing architect), who can help you refine/challenge/critique your design. Depending on your tutor's requirements, you may be required to submit something every week, so you really need to spend many hours at home or the studio to get work done. On the 7th week, we had interim review, where you have to present your work to everyone, and the tutor and your classmates will critique your work (in terms of design, concept, workmanship, details). On the 13th/14th week, there's the final review. Again, there will be a panel (either industry experts or practicing architects) who will critique your work. In my experience, they can be quite brutal with their comments. After the final review, you will need to prepare a digital and hard-copy design portfolio for your work that semester, showing your design process and your final design.

The first time I took a design studio, I took it as an elective because I was not studying MArch. My design tutor was shocked because no one would willingly take design studio as an elective (but it's a core/required subject for MArch) because of the amount of work it requires. You'll need to learn new softwares like Rhino and Grasshopper. AutoCAD, Revit, and ArchiCAD are used in industry, but not in architecture school. And don't forget the cost. Design studios typically require students to produce scaled models of their work. Laser cutting, CNC, 3D printing, presentation board printing (A0 size, full color) are NOT FREE. You have to budget a lot of money for model-making tools, materials, and color printing. In my first design studio, I spent over AUD 200 for one semester, and we only used very simple models. Expect to spend more for complex designs.

I don't know what kind of designer you are, like how well you can manage your time, but it was really difficult for me, even if I wasn't working part-time. I still don't know how I managed to get through 2 design studios, but if you're doing an MArch, you'll be doing that four times, one each semester. :D I was crazy stupid and unprepared the first time, but the second was much better because I had better groupmates. You need to prepare yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially if you're doing MArch.

nahilo ako. ahahaha. thanks for this info. will definitely take time to consider this. Student Visa is actually my last option for residency, I have already been given a positive assessment by Vetassess for archi draftsperson , took the PTE also, but covid took over and affected migration directives of Australia. hintayin na lng ba nmin ung State Sponsorship or pursue studying na lng? either way close pa ang borders. hay hirap mag decide.

• atheleneathelene Brisbane

@xiaoxue said:

Thanks! I actually didn't want to do MArch because of studio, kaya iba ang pinili kong course. I didn't have any plans to migrate to AU when I decided to come here. I only considered it after arriving, so I'm stuck having to research what pathway is available for me based on my credentials.

I don't know how other uni conduct their studio, but I'm guessing it won't be that much different. I think the big difference between PH and AU studio is the time you spend designing. Because the PH curriculum crams so many subjects per semester, you have less time to spend on studio (and the credit weighting is far less than AU credits). AU BArch/BDes+MArch degree does not include the math, english, filipino, PE, theology, statistics we've had to take. Diretso sila sa design, graphics/VT, history, theory, professional practice.

@ELMarquez said:
    mukhang hassle talaga ung mag aral pa ng MArch dahil sa design studios. I am also leaning towards Master of Construction Management as an alternative. any idea po on this course? thanks po.

Construction Management seems like a viable option, especially with the engineering construction and development around the country (mostly infrastructure, not buildings). I don't know much about how that program works though, but I will assume it'll be coursework and some capstone. Postgrad in AU does not always require a thesis, but you will have to double-check the curriculum about the requirements for graduation. In my case, I only had to take a capstone unit, which is like the normal coursework that requires 2 assignments. The capstone assignments were design projects requiring the application of the knowledge gained from all the other units I've taken throughout my degree.

@ELMarquez said:
    nahilo ako. ahahaha. thanks for this info. will definitely take time to consider this. Student Visa is actually my last option for residency, I have already been given a positive assessment by Vetassess for archi draftsperson , took the PTE also, but covid took over and affected migration directives of Australia. hintayin na lng ba nmin ung State Sponsorship or pursue studying na lng? either way close pa ang borders. hay hirap mag decide.

It really depends on the strength of your migration profile (like how many points you can get without studying) and the skill shortage of the states/territory. Student pathway is definitely expensive, but if it will help increase your chances of getting invited to migrate, then it just might be worth the risk/costs. Do you have a target state/territory for state sponsorship?

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

@athelene said:

@xiaoxue said:

Thanks! I actually didn't want to do MArch because of studio, kaya iba ang pinili kong course. I didn't have any plans to migrate to AU when I decided to come here. I only considered it after arriving, so I'm stuck having to research what pathway is available for me based on my credentials.

I don't know how other uni conduct their studio, but I'm guessing it won't be that much different. I think the big difference between PH and AU studio is the time you spend designing. Because the PH curriculum crams so many subjects per semester, you have less time to spend on studio (and the credit weighting is far less than AU credits). AU BArch/BDes+MArch degree does not include the math, english, filipino, PE, theology, statistics we've had to take. Diretso sila sa design, graphics/VT, history, theory, professional practice.

@ELMarquez said:

Construction Management seems like a viable option, especially with the engineering construction and development around the country (mostly infrastructure, not buildings). I don't know much about how that program works though, but I will assume it'll be coursework and some capstone. Postgrad in AU does not always require a thesis, but you will have to double-check the curriculum about the requirements for graduation. In my case, I only had to take a capstone unit, which is like the normal coursework that requires 2 assignments. The capstone assignments were design projects requiring the application of the knowledge gained from all the other units I've taken throughout my degree.

@ELMarquez said:

It really depends on the strength of your migration profile (like how many points you can get without studying) and the skill shortage of the states/territory. Student pathway is definitely expensive, but if it will help increase your chances of getting invited to migrate, then it just might be worth the risk/costs. Do you have a target state/territory for state sponsorship?

any states will do. but nsw seems great since andun na sister ko. really hoping that states would open up by next year for nominations.

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@ELMarquez said:

mukhang hassle talaga ung mag aral pa ng MArch dahil sa design studios. I am also leaning towards Master of Construction Project Management as an alternative. any idea po on this course? thanks po.

Hello uli! It's good na may positive assessment ka na for Architectural Draftsperson. Kung di ako nagkakamali, NSW lang ang state na nagopen for Arch'l Draftsperson last year. So sa isip ko, kung magaaral ka na, sa NSW na siguro kasi baka may chance na mag-open uli doon. But if you check Cricos, 2 schools lang sa NSW ang nag-ooffer ng Master of Construction Project Management: Swinburne and UNSW.

Mejo mahal ang tuition fee sa UNSW kaya out na yon for me. Yung Swinburne naman, may 10-75% silang scholarship offer for 2021 (due to the pandemic). So if you are eligible for that scholarship, malaki matitipid mo. I think you can consider applying now, then you can decide later if you will proceed or not. Habang nag-aantay tayo ng new announcement, I think it wouldn't hurt to send our application to universities, especially if you already have PTE or Ielts. At least nakapila ka na. Libre lang naman mag-apply through educational agencies.

ELMarquez
  • rheirheirheirhei Philippines

@RodSher said:
    Hi, to add, it really depends on the courses and which university you are in. Some courses required long hours of discussion/tutorial, and some don't. To give a comparison, I'm taking a master of accounting. Our class discussions will only take an hour and weekly quizzes, both in an online platform but behind that 1-hour discussion, I have sleepless study nights to prepare. So, there you go.
    @yohji, I have read and watched videos talking about studying and working part-time. They said their earnings are not adequate to support tuition. So, aim for a scholarship then.

how much ang tuition mo sir? and anong school? my wife is planning to take up master of accounting in univ of tasmania. mas malaki daw ang chance for PR pathway

xiaoxue
  • RodSherRodSher Dubai

@rheirhei 36K AUD (may scholarship akong 25%), Flinders Uni sa SA ang school ko. ganoon po ba maganda kung mas malaki ang chances sa tasmania.

• fortdomengfortdomeng Posts: 71Member

hello! sa mga naghahanap ng accomodation sa Melbourne na affordable at walking distance sa public transport, PM nyo lang ako. Naghahanap yung kilala kong landlord na Pinoy. Ideal sa mga tao (single or couple) na gusto ng sariling space na hindi gaanong mahal. Granny flat sya sa isang magandang suburb. Ok sa Deakin uni students or sa mga gusto mag work sa hospital/aged care kasi retiree area yung suburb. Cheers

• rheirheirheirhei Philippines

@RodSher said:
    @rheirhei 36K AUD (may scholarship akong 25%), Flinders Uni sa SA ang school ko. ganoon po ba maganda kung mas malaki ang chances sa tasmania.

@RodSher paano po kayo nakakuha ng scholarship? And anong type ng scholarship yan. Thanks

• RodSherRodSher Dubai

@rheirhei ng apply po ako ng scholarship sa school -parang academic ata yon.

• Ed510Ed510 Quezon City

The first batch of international students landed in Northern Territory.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-30/international-students-arrive-in-australia-coronavirus-nt/12933370

Anyone here sa PinoyAu knew how to secure the flight schedule bound to Australia? Meron kayong alam how to secure the flight slot or batch or date?

Maraming Salamat po sa info.

ANZSCO 233411 (Electronics Engineer)
    Age:25, English Test:10, Qualification:15, Experience:15, Partner English:0, FS:0 |total: 65
    Visa 190: 70 points, Visa 491: 80 points

00-Sep-12 - Applied for Australian Student Visa denied.
    00-Apr-15 - IELTS (L6.5, R6.5, W6, S7) overall 6.5
    00-Jun -15 - NZQA level 6, wife's is level 5. Cannot proceed to New Zealand migration.
    15-Jul -19 - signed contract with an agency for Australia GSM
    10-Sep-19 - 1st PTE Result ( L65, R58, S70, W77), disappointed with points
    19-Nov-20 - Submitted EA Assessment
    11-Feb-20 - 2nd PTE Result ( L78, R71, S90, W74)
    19-Mar-20 - EA Positive Assessment : Thank you Lord!
    03-Apr -20 - Submit EOI (Visa 190/491: 70/80 pts)
    01-Jun -20 - Partner is taking the IELTS Review
    **-***-20 - Partner English Test
    **-***-20 - Australian Immigration closed for offshore application.

19-Sept-20-Apply for Australian Student Visa [Approved]
    02-Nov-20 - CoE from the College
    19-Dec-20 - Lodge Student Visa application
    14-Jan- 21 - Medical Examination
    17-Feb-21 - Health Undertaking
    24-Feb-21 - Student Visa Approved
    ---------------- To God be the Glory
    **-***-21- Waiting for Australian boarders to open

• nicoleqldnicoleqld Posts: 6Member

@RodSher said:
    Our Student and dependent visa have been approved today.

Hi po, nag PM po ako sa inyo. Hope it's okay.

@Ed510 said:
    The first batch of international students landed in Northern Territory.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-30/international-students-arrive-in-australia-coronavirus-nt/12933370

Anyone here sa PinoyAu knew how to secure the flight schedule bound to Australia? Meron kayong alam how to secure the flight slot or batch or date?

Maraming Salamat po sa info.

Those international students are students of CDU, and only eligible students will be contacted by the university. You can check the details of that chartered flight here:
    https://cdu.edu.au/international/cdu-charter-flight

There are no news yet from other schools/uni as this is just a pilot program. If/when this program is successful, it could potentially lead the way to more students entering Australia (people on this chartered flight is excluded from the cap on returning Australians).

Ed510

@xiaoxue said:

@ELMarquez said:

mukhang hassle talaga ung mag aral pa ng MArch dahil sa design studios. I am also leaning towards Master of Construction Project Management as an alternative. any idea po on this course? thanks po.

Hello uli! It's good na may positive assessment ka na for Architectural Draftsperson. Kung di ako nagkakamali, NSW lang ang state na nagopen for Arch'l Draftsperson last year. So sa isip ko, kung magaaral ka na, sa NSW na siguro kasi baka may chance na mag-open uli doon. But if you check Cricos, 2 schools lang sa NSW ang nag-ooffer ng Master of Construction Project Management: Swinburne and UNSW.

Mejo mahal ang tuition fee sa UNSW kaya out na yon for me. Yung Swinburne naman, may 10-75% silang scholarship offer for 2021 (due to the pandemic). So if you are eligible for that scholarship, malaki matitipid mo. I think you can consider applying now, then you can decide later if you will proceed or not. Habang nag-aantay tayo ng new announcement, I think it wouldn't hurt to send our application to universities, especially if you already have PTE or Ielts. At least nakapila ka na. Libre lang naman mag-apply through educational agencies.

1. these 2 schools you mentioned po, construction project management in particular at sila right? may nakita ko mura - pero masters in proj management lng - si Torrens University. Mahal pa rin sya pero sya na pinakamura so far.
    2. yes, if kaya ng scholarship why not diba po
    3. regarding that like libre lng mag apply - pano if you pull out ? ok lng ba kay agency ito?
    4. thanks po sa insight !!!!
  • xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@ELMarquez said:

1. these 2 schools you mentioned po, construction project management in particular at sila right? may nakita ko mura - pero masters in proj management lng - si Torrens University. Mahal pa rin sya pero sya na pinakamura so far.
    2. yes, if kaya ng scholarship why not diba po
    3. regarding that like libre lng mag apply - pano if you pull out ? ok lng ba kay agency ito?
    4. thanks po sa insight !!!!

Hello po!

1. Yes Maam. Specific po na Construction Project Management. Binabasa ko kasi maigi yung Qualification na hinahanap ng Vetassess at ang sabi doon:

Hindi ko po alam kung ano ang PR pathway kung generic lang na Master of Project Management. Baka masayang lang po ang pera ninyo kung walang pathway.

1. Tanong ninyo po sa agency. As far as I know no strings attached. Wala naman po kayong contract e.
    ELMarquez
  • gandaragandara Philippines

Hello po...newbie in this thread...ask ko lng po ang pagbbyad b ng tuition is after you get the SV or prior to start application ng SV dpat byad k n s tuition?I'm planning to apply po sna kaso yng s migration agent medyo mhal yng singil nila mga 50k plus in peso...kc yng tinuturo nila yng pwedeng may pathway ng PR...masteral po sna ang kukunin kong course & Just finished my PTE exam kht pano nkcompetent nmn po...thanks po s help at s sasagot

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@gandara said:
    Hello po...newbie in this thread...ask ko lng po ang pagbbyad b ng tuition is after you get the SV or prior to start application ng SV dpat byad k n s tuition?I'm planning to apply po sna kaso yng s migration agent medyo mhal yng singil nila mga 50k plus in peso...kc yng tinuturo nila yng pwedeng may pathway ng PR...masteral po sna ang kukunin kong course & Just finished my PTE exam kht pano nkcompetent nmn po...thanks po s help at s sasagot

Hello! After po ninyo mag-apply sa school, bibigyan ka po nila ng Offer Letter. Dun po nakalagay kung magkanong deposit ang required. Sa experience ko po (nagapply po ako sa maraming school ng Master's), iba iba po yung downpayment na hinihingi kada school. Yung iba percentage lang, yung iba full 1st sem tuitin fee. Ang pinakamurang offer na nakuha ko ay sa Griffith Uni - 3k AUD. Pinakamahal sa Deakin - 18k AUD. Plus OSHC pa po.

After ninyo po matapos ung requirements sa offer, saka po nila kayo bibigyan ng COE (certificate of enrollment). Yun po yung gagamitin ninyo para maka-apply ng Student visa.

edited December 2020

@gandara said:

@xiaoxue is correct about the deposit/downpayment. It would vary depending on the uni/school. The way I understand it, the payment of the deposit means that you are really committed to attending the program, so the university will reserve your slot. If you do not pay for the deposit to secure your slot, the university could give that slot to someone else who is keen to attend the program. This is especially important for programs that have limited slots (quota), since the university can't take in all the students that apply. At USyd, one semester's tuition has to be paid in order to get the eCoE. The university will also include in your offer letter the cost of OSHC if you prefer to have them organize your OSHC (para hindi ka na maghahanap on your own).

Migration agents can set their price regarding their service, but confirm if this is only for SV processing or if kasama na yung assistance later on for 485 visa or PR application. Kasi kung SV lang, you could've gone to education agents who do not ask for any fee. You yourself have to make the decision whether the migration agent's recommended pathway is really what you want. Kasi kung master level studies yan, you want to make sure na ok ka talaga with the cost and study content, na gusto mo yung topic (hindi lang aaralin dahil yun ang suggestion nila). Ikaw ang mag-aaral at gagastos, hindi ang migration agent.

xiaoxue

• gandaragandara Philippines

@athelene @xiaoxue thank ypu for the advise...atleast medyo clear n sken ng konti...

• cutiepie25cutiepie25 Posts: 382Member

@xiaoxue said:

@gandara said:

Hello! After po ninyo mag-apply sa school, bibigyan ka po nila ng Offer Letter. Dun po nakalagay kung magkanong deposit ang required. Sa experience ko po (nagapply po ako sa maraming school ng Master's), iba iba po yung downpayment na hinihingi kada school. Yung iba percentage lang, yung iba full 1st sem tuitin fee. Ang pinakamurang offer na nakuha ko ay sa Griffith Uni - 3k AUD. Pinakamahal sa Deakin - 18k AUD. Plus OSHC pa po.

After ninyo po matapos ung requirements sa offer, saka po nila kayo bibigyan ng COE (certificate of enrollment). Yun po yung gagamitin ninyo para maka-apply ng Student visa.

Hi po, ppano yung sa griffith po na 3kAUD? anong course po ito? :)

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@cutiepie25 said:

Hi, 3000aud is just the deposit fee. The total estimated tuition fee offered to me is 72000 minus 20% merit scholarship. The course I applied for was Master of urban and environmental planning. They also offered an additional 5% scholarship if the offer was accepted before November 27.

• codenamecodename Posts: 3Member

@xiaoxue said:

@cutiepie25 said:

Hi, 3000aud is just the deposit fee. The total estimated tuition fee offered to me is 72000 minus 20% merit scholarship. The course I applied for was Master of urban and environmental planning. They also offered an additional 5% scholarship if the offer was accepted before November 27.

Hello, @xiaoxue ! Sa Griffith ka ba tutuloy? Nag-apply rin ako rito. Kung sakaling oo, tatanong ko sana kung anong intake at kung nag accept ka na ng offer. Salamat!

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@codename said:
    Hello, @xiaoxue ! Sa Griffith ka ba tutuloy? Nag-apply rin ako rito. Kung sakaling oo, tatanong ko sana kung anong intake at kung nag accept ka na ng offer. Salamat!

Hi! Madami ako naapplyan na uni kasi nung una di ko pa alam san pinaka-ok. March intake ang plan ko. Hindi na ako tutuloy sa Griffith kasi nagpaconsult ako sa migration agent at suggestion niya sakin na ACT, Regional NSW and SA ang may potential and fastest for PR para sa case ko.

Sa Queensland kasi, ang manonominate ko na occupation ay Urban and Regional Planner, which is nasa STSOL lang. As a Queensland graduate, I am required to work for 1 year in my nominated occupation before I can apply for visa 190. Medyo mabigat yung requirements nila for international graduates compared sa ibang states.

codename

@xiaoxue said:

@codename said:

Hi! Madami ako naapplyan na uni kasi nung una di ko pa alam san pinaka-ok. March intake ang plan ko. Hindi na ako tutuloy sa Griffith kasi nagpaconsult ako sa migration agent at suggestion niya sakin na ACT, Regional NSW and SA ang may potential and fastest for PR para sa case ko.

Sa Queensland kasi, ang manonominate ko na occupation ay Urban and Regional Planner, which is nasa STSOL lang. As a Queensland graduate, I am required to work for 1 year in my nominated occupation before I can apply for visa 190. Medyo mabigat yung requirements nila for international graduates compared sa ibang states.

Alright! Maraming salamat sa mga information. Oh, nag migration agent ka bukod sa mga Education Agents like IDP? Malapit lapit na rin ang March intake! Nag apply ka na for SV?

For now, wala ka pang naka lodge na 190? For my case, mayroon kasi ako. It is still in submitted status. Lodged prior mabuo ang study plans. May bearing kaya ito pag mag apply for SV? Iniisip ko kung kailangan i-withdraw e.

Salamat rin nga pala sa mga posts niyo dito. Very helpful. Ang dami kong natutunan sa inyo!

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

Hi @codename
    IDP is just an educational consultant and they have been very helpful to me so far. I did not discuss with them my migration plans in detail because I understand their limitations. I researched my options thoroughly but I still needed a professional to check / confirm my research and give me some direction. So ayon nag-book lang ako ng 30-minute consultation with a MARN agent. It was 95AUD so I made sure that I was prepared and I already knew what to ask.

Hindi pa ako nag-apply ng student visa kasi may inaantay pa rin akong university offer. 2-4 weeks daw ang release.

When you say lodge, as in visa lodge? Meron lang akong EOI for 491. Sa pagbabasa ko online, wala namang bearing ang Expression of Interest sa Student Visa application. Approval of SV is based on your GTE application.

Thank you for sharing, @xiaoxue . I might get in touch with you for your contact of MARN agent if I will seek professional advice.

Apologies for the confusion. I meant EOI. Thank you for addressing this despite its vagueness.

Kapag ina-analyze ko na ang total projected expenses, nakakalula talaga. Research is still ongoing from my side. Kailangan pagisipang mabuti.

Thanks again! All the best!

xiaoxue