Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (Step by step)

Comments

• cutiepie25cutiepie25 Posts: 382Member

@athelene said:

@cutiepie25 said:
    Hay opo actually, yun nga ang pinoprobkema ko. Nakapending yng grant ko :( gusto talaga namin ng bf ko na makapunta ako doon the quickest once magbukas ang borders. Ano po kaya ang best gawin? TV?

Since pending sya, it might be tricky to pull off the GTE, since you've already expressed your intention to stay in Australia permanently. When did you apply for that 189 visa?

With the current scenario, the border won't open talaga for temporary visitors until you can get travel exemption. A friend who has a valid 485 visa was only allowed to enter Australia this week (he was due to return nung March pa) due to travel exemption---nursing grad kasi sya. I don't know if getting the travel exemption that took a long time or if it was getting a seat on the plane. Either way, it would be difficult to get exemption as a tourist visa holder (which would not be valid for a long time anyway) unless maybe a family member is here and needs you to come in. And you can't work in Australia until you get the 189 visa (which no one knows when it'll be granted).

For student visa pathway naman, it's gonna be expensive as an international student. Personally, I would recommend just wait for the borders to open and enter as tourist (if hindi pa ma-grant yung 189 before opening of border).

Thank you po for the detailed advice :)

• PauDavidPauDavid Posts: 1Member

Hi,

Good day!

Humbly asking for your advice mga kabayan. I’m a CPA Accountant 27y/o here in the Philippines with 4 years and 7 months experience as a financial analyst in one of the big four firms. What is the best visa pathway for me to apply? Need ko ba mag agent for a student visa or mag tourist visa ako and apply na lang sa Sydney AU?

Thank you in advance.

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited December 2020

@PauDavid said:
    Hi,

Good day!

Humbly asking for your advice mga kabayan. I’m a CPA Accountant 27y/o here in the Philippines with 4 years and 7 months experience as a financial analyst in one of the big four firms. What is the best visa pathway for me to apply? Need ko ba mag agent for a student visa or mag tourist visa ako and apply na lang sa Sydney AU?

Thank you in advance.

Are you considering skilled migration down the line? If so, you have to be more strategic because Accountant is a pro-rata occupation and the points required to get an invitation for PR in that occupation is sky high now (trends show 90+). Research the SkillSelect system by yourself and check how many points you can potentially get with your background.

If for purely studies lang and no plans of migrating, you will have more freedom on where to study or what to study. You can apply for SV offshore. The Australian border is still closed to non-citizens and PR, possibly till late 2021, so you can't come in on a tourist visa and change to student like people did pre-pandemic. Even if you apply for SV offshore, there's no assurance that Australia will let you in right away. If you will start your studies in 2021, you will probably be doing it online until the border is officially opened for international students. You'd have to weigh in your options whether you'd like to study online or in-campus.

As for applying for SV, you can DIY or get an agent. If you've got lots of time to spare and are resourceful, you can DIY. Otherwise, you can engage an agent (preferably education agent, since they normally won't charge you for consultation and application assistance). The more well-known and reputable education agents I know and those mentioned in this forum are IDP, AECC Global, and KOKOS International.

baikenjrt1114era222

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• mumofLiammumofLiam Singapore

Hello everyone! May mga active pa po ba dito? Saan po kaya pwede mag report ng school at agency na hindi nag bibigay ng refund kahit complying naman ako sa T&C ng school? Si agent naman hindi na tumulong mag refund at hnd nag re-response. Pero during application sobra asikaso mag pa submit ng docs at magpa bayad. Sobrang nakakalungkot lang yung ganitong university and agent.

xiaoxue
  • lunarcatlunarcat Posts: 376Member

@mumofLiam said:
    Hello everyone! May mga active pa po ba dito? Saan po kaya pwede mag report ng school at agency na hindi nag bibigay ng refund kahit complying naman ako sa T&C ng school? Si agent naman hindi na tumulong mag refund at hnd nag re-response. Pero during application sobra asikaso mag pa submit ng docs at magpa bayad. Sobrang nakakalungkot lang yung ganitong university and agent.

Offshore or onshore ka po ba?

ANZSCO 261111 ICT Business Analyst | 189 - 75 | 190 (NSW) - 80 | 419 (NSW) - 90
    Oct 2019 - Started my journey to 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺 as a SV holder (Diploma and Adv. diploma of IT)
    Feb 2020 - Arrived in Au - Thank you Lord!
    Oct 2022 - Granted Visa TSS 482 (Medium stream)
    Jun 2023 - Start of my PR journey (Thank you, Lord para sa biyaya and opportunity!)
    15 June 2023 - Consulted IMES and Immi Visa
    22 June 2023 - Submitted all documents for ACS Skills Assessment
    05 July 2023 - Submitted additional doco to IMES
    27 July 2023 - Lodged ACS Assessment
    08 Sept 2023 - PTE (Proficient)
    25 Oct 2023 - Received ACS positive result after 13 weeks
    27 Oct 2023 - EOI Lodgement
    30 Oct 2023 - Corrected EOI for work experience claimed points
    --Waiting for pre-invite--

• unicayenunicayen Dubai

Hello po. Meron po ba dito nag-apply ng SV sabay na ang husband/wife sa application? Isasabay ko kasi husband ko sa application ko. Meron po ba dito nagrant lately? TIA sa sasagot 🙂

• unicayenunicayen Dubai

Hello ulet🤭 meron po ba dito nag start na ng online class kahit wala pang student visa?

• PittacusLorePittacusLore Philippines

@unicayen said:
    Hello po. Meron po ba dito nag-apply ng SV sabay na ang husband/wife sa application? Isasabay ko kasi husband ko sa application ko. Meron po ba dito nagrant lately? TIA sa sasagot 🙂

Hello! Nag apply ako ng SV tapos kasama sa application ko si husband, bale sya dependent ko. Na-grant SV nung August 19 :)

unicayen
  • Tina0241Tina0241 Pasay City

Hello po! Good Day! My name is Tin, I am currently studying Advance Dploma of Leadership and Management here in Sydney. My visa will expire soon (July 2021) and I’m keen to do Nursing. I don’t have any background of studying nursing since I finished Bachelor of Commerce. Now, I am looking for Schools. My plan is to study in a regional area however, given that it’s currently Pandemic, I’m afraid to move to a different state. I am working in a Hospital right now as an Admission Officer. My question is, what do you think is the best option?

• fortdomengfortdomeng Posts: 71Member

@Tina0241 said:
    Hello po! Good Day! My name is Tin, I am currently studying Advance Dploma of Leadership and Management here in Sydney. My visa will expire soon (July 2021) and I’m keen to do Nursing. I don’t have any background of studying nursing since I finished Bachelor of Commerce. Now, I am looking for Schools. My plan is to study in a regional area however, given that it’s currently Pandemic, I’m afraid to move to a different state. I am working in a Hospital right now as an Admission Officer. My question is, what do you think is the best option?

may mga kilala akong nag masters of nursing with accountancy background. Melbourne Uni at Monash daw tumatanggap. For sure, marami ding other uni or schools ang tumatanggap.

@Tina0241 said:

Why would you be afraid to move to a different state? The COVID cases in Australia are relatively low, so I doubt it would make a big impact to your moving interstate (as you are already onshore).

Best option to do what? imo, considering that you completed a Commerce degree, you will probably have to do the Nursing degree completely from scratch, meaning you probably will have to study the full 3 years. Whether you study in Sydney or regional area will depend on whether you can pay for the tuition and living expenses. Going regional can mean lower tuition and lower living expenses, and potentially longer grad visa (additional year due to studying in regional area). Having said these, it's actually more beneficial for you to move to regional (not necessarily interstate, as there's a lot of regional areas in NSW). You can look into Nursing degrees in Wollongong or Newcastle, if you don't want to move interstate. University of Canberra is also an option, as ACT is still close to Sydney.

Since your visa is expiring soon, you will need to make a decision soon, as you need to give yourself some time to apply to a uni, enrol, and apply for a new student visa. I'm not sure whether you plan to apply for a grad visa after you finish your Advanced Diploma, but since a grad visa is only issued once in your life, I recommend you apply for it after you finish the Nursing degree).

• jurorestate19jurorestate19 Manila

Hi! It's been long overdue simula noong nagkaroon ako ng interest na mag-apply sa AU whether it's tourist, student, training o PR visa. Here is my current situation and I'll be needing your advice:

• I'm currently 31 years old and turning 32 next month
    • I have almost 6 years of experience in the corporate world from being a call center agent to a software engineer (2008 - 2015) then shifted my career as a cook for the past 4 years in different countries, and currently I have no job due to the pandemic.
    • I only graduated at 2 TESDA schools for the following courses: ElectroMechanical Technology and Diploma in Culinary Arts (NC II).
    • Now, I don't know what to do or how I can proceed but I really wanted to migrate to AU.
    • So here are my options:
      A. Student Visa - my CONs for this ay sobrang mahal, daming kailangang fees at bukod pa doon, your part-time job will not be enough to pay for your tuition and monthly expenses though I have a cousin sa Adelaide who could let me stay in their home for the time being.
      B. Training Visa - AUSPHIN is offering this now problema ko lang ay kailangan ko munang kumuha ng Police Clearance sa Thailand and US since nagstay ako doon for more than a year. It will be a long shot to get these clearances due to pandemic at I'm sure na matatagalan ako dito sa requirement na'to.
      C. PR Visa - not sure if this is really an option for me this time kasi kulang ung experience ko as a Cook at tingin ko sobrang lapse na ung IT experience ko rin to be considered unless siguro magkaroon ulit ako ng trabaho related sa IT.

• If you were in my shoes, ano kayang option ang mas ok na gawin.
      Thank you in advance sa mga magpapayo.

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@jurorestate19 said:

B. Training Visa - AUSPHIN is offering this now problema ko lang ay kailangan ko munang kumuha ng Police Clearance sa Thailand and US since nagstay ako doon for more than a year. It will be a long shot to get these clearances due to pandemic at I'm sure na matatagalan ako dito sa requirement na 'to.

Hmm ung police clearance kasi kekelanganin mo rin sya sa future kung mag-apply ka ng ibang visa (like 491, 189, 190). Sa tingin ko as early as now dapat alam mo na kung pano mo sya makukuha. I think some countries have online facilities? Ako kasi problema ko rin to. Sa China kelangan ko makakuha, so kinausap ko na yung mga kakilala ko doon na i-research yung process. Meron din naman mga agents online na nag-pprocess, pero yun nga medyo mahal.

Sa student visa, hindi requirement ang police clearance. Kaya rin yon ang pinili kong way. Baka kelangan mo muna talaga pag-ipunan muna.

• jurorestate19jurorestate19 Manila

@xiaoxue said:

B. Training Visa - AUSPHIN is offering this now problema ko lang ay kailangan ko munang kumuha ng Police Clearance sa Thailand and US since nagstay ako doon for more than a year. It will be a long shot to get these clearances due to pandemic at I'm sure na matatagalan ako dito sa requirement na 'to.

Hmm ung police clearance kasi kekelanganin mo rin sya sa future kung mag-apply ka ng ibang visa (like 491, 189, 190). Sa tingin ko as early as now dapat alam mo na kung pano mo sya makukuha. I think some countries have online facilities? Ako kasi problema ko rin to. Sa China kelangan ko makakuha, so kinausap ko na yung mga kakilala ko doon na i-research yung process. Meron din naman mga agents online na nag-pprocess, pero yun nga medyo mahal.

Sa student visa, hindi requirement ang police clearance. Kaya rin yon ang pinili kong way. Baka kelangan mo muna talaga pag-ipunan muna.

Thank you! Yan din naisip ko na baka kailanganin ko nga rin yung mga clearance in the future. Actually, kaya naman ng budget ko ung sa SV, hindi ko nga lang siguro ma-justify na ganun sya kamahal.

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@jurorestate19 said:

Thank you! Yan din naisip ko na baka kailanganin ko nga rin yung mga clearance in the future. Actually, kaya naman ng budget ko ung sa SV, hindi ko nga lang siguro ma-justify na ganun sya kamahal.

I think Ausphin is a good path. Kasi may work ka na agad don. Mukang malabo pa naman magopen yung border ng 2021 e. Kahit nga student di pa rin makapasok. So make use of this time to process your police clearance? Just my opinion though...

• sharonfayesharonfaye Posts: 1Member

Hi!I'm planning to apply for a SV with dependents (husband & 2kids)..ask ko lng po sana regarding GTE/SOP gagawa dn po b husband ko ng ibang letter for SOP?and sana po my mka help mgbigay ng sample letter (SV w/ dependents)..TIA s help

• RodSherRodSher Dubai

I have provided my police clearance for my SV application ( both abroad and in the Philippines)

xiaoxue
  • RodSherRodSher Dubai

@sharonfaye
    Yes, your husband will have his own GTE. Useful Tip: make sure he will not mention on his GTE that he will look for a job instead of he will support you emotionally, physically during your studies.

xiaoxue
  • xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@RodSher said:
    I have provided my police clearance for my SV application ( both abroad and in the Philippines)

Ako kasi hindi ni-require. Hindi rin sya naka-list sa Immi Document Checklist Tool.
    https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/web-evidentiary-tool

Yon kasi unang-una ko tinanong sa agent ko, if I will be required to submit a police clearance for all countries I lived in. Sabi ng agent ko hindi requirement for 500 visa.

• imbaimba taguig

@PittacusLore said:

@unicayen said:

Hello! Nag apply ako ng SV tapos kasama sa application ko si husband, bale sya dependent ko. Na-grant SV nung August 19 :)

Hi, nag start na po ba kayo mag online class? Or antayin niyo mag open borders para makapag on-campus?

@imba said:

@PittacusLore said:

@unicayen said:

Hi, nag start na po ba kayo mag online class? Or antayin niyo mag open borders para makapag on-campus?

Hello! Mag start na sana class ko this Feb 15. Pero ipapadefer ko. Antayin namin mag open ang border. Hindi worth it ang tuition fee kapag online class :#

• bacolodhjbacolodhj NSW

Hi po, sino po nakapag-apply ng authority to enrol sa TRP recently? Matagal po ba approval? Thanks.

• cutiepie25cutiepie25 Posts: 382Member

@PittacusLore said:

@imba said:

@PittacusLore said:

@unicayen said:

Hello! Mag start na sana class ko this Feb 15. Pero ipapadefer ko. Antayin namin mag open ang border. Hindi worth it ang tuition fee kapag online class :#

May sinabi na po ba when magoopen sila?

@cutiepie25 said:

@PittacusLore said:

@imba said:

@PittacusLore said:

@unicayen said:

May sinabi na po ba when magoopen sila?

Walang balita kung kailan. Pero ang nasa news na nakikita ngayon ay possible hindi magbukas border this 2021. :(

cutiepie25
  • Ed510Ed510 Quezon City

Hello Po
    My tanong po ako, meron po ba dito naka receive ng Form 185 Health Undertaking during the application of Student Visa?
    Possible cause po ba to ma-decline or reject ang student visa?

ANZSCO 233411 (Electronics Engineer)
    Age:25, English Test:10, Qualification:15, Experience:15, Partner English:0, FS:0 |total: 65
    Visa 190: 70 points, Visa 491: 80 points

00-Sep-12 - Applied for Australian Student Visa denied.
    00-Apr-15 - IELTS (L6.5, R6.5, W6, S7) overall 6.5
    00-Jun -15 - NZQA level 6, wife's is level 5. Cannot proceed to New Zealand migration.
    15-Jul -19 - signed contract with an agency for Australia GSM
    10-Sep-19 - 1st PTE Result ( L65, R58, S70, W77), disappointed with points
    19-Nov-20 - Submitted EA Assessment
    11-Feb-20 - 2nd PTE Result ( L78, R71, S90, W74)
    19-Mar-20 - EA Positive Assessment : Thank you Lord!
    03-Apr -20 - Submit EOI (Visa 190/491: 70/80 pts)
    01-Jun -20 - Partner is taking the IELTS Review
    **-***-20 - Partner English Test
    **-***-20 - Australian Immigration closed for offshore application.

19-Sept-20-Apply for Australian Student Visa [Approved]
    02-Nov-20 - CoE from the College
    19-Dec-20 - Lodge Student Visa application
    14-Jan- 21 - Medical Examination
    17-Feb-21 - Health Undertaking
    24-Feb-21 - Student Visa Approved
    ---------------- To God be the Glory
    **-***-21- Waiting for Australian boarders to open

• haileyhailey Philippines

Hello po, meron na po ba nag extend ng student visa dito? Ask ko po sana mga requirements if need pa ng NBI clearance ulit... eh nasa AU naman po ako ng two years na. Salamat po sa sasagot

• Piper003Piper003 Posts: 127Member

@hailey said:
    Hello po, meron na po ba nag extend ng student visa dito? Ask ko po sana mga requirements if need pa ng NBI clearance ulit... eh nasa AU naman po ako ng two years na. Salamat po sa sasagot

No need.

• marchbabymarchbaby Sydney

Hi Everyone,

Just getting some insights lang po. Mag eexpire na Graduate visa ko po and my partner's so we're actually applying for SV again, my partner being the primary and i'll be secondary. We're thinking of moving interstate, TAS or WA and go after the graduate stream. Anyone who could give their insights which one has better chance of getting 190 sponsorship. I'm torn between the two. We're currently in NSW and i lodged eoi for accountant 189/190 95/100points, my partner lodged eoi for Telecom network engineer and Computer Network and Systems engineer 189/190 70/75points (without english) we're just being hopeless in nsw. Thanks in advance po sa mag suggest.

Life's Little Instruction 1490: "Remember that nothing important was ever achieved without someone's taking a chance."-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

• engr_anna24engr_anna24 Philippines

Hello everyone! I just wanna gather insights on my case since I just started my research on immigrating to Aus. I am a Civil Engineer working as a QC engineer for horizontal projects for more than 4 years now. I'm not confident if I can pass the skilled assessment sa Engineers Australia since I've been doing more paper works and not so much on the technical on-field work. I was thinking of getting a VET or an associate degree but the education agent told me it would be risky and masters is the safer route. I'm quite confused why mas risky po yung VET and associate degree? Also, I'm quite hesitant to get masters since it's quite expensive. Would love to hear from everyone. Thank you!

@marchbaby said:
    Hi Everyone,

Just getting some insights lang po. Mag eexpire na Graduate visa ko po and my partner's so we're actually applying for SV again, my partner being the primary and i'll be secondary. We're thinking of moving interstate, TAS or WA and go after the graduate stream. Anyone who could give their insights which one has better chance of getting 190 sponsorship. I'm torn between the two. We're currently in NSW and i lodged eoi for accountant 189/190 95/100points, my partner lodged eoi for Telecom network engineer and Computer Network and Systems engineer 189/190 70/75points (without english) we're just being hopeless in nsw. Thanks in advance po sa mag suggest.

I've heard/read news somewhere that they're making changes about the graduate visa-student visa thing, so that plans like yours doesn't happen anymore (the student and grad visa holder becomes the dependent on the partner's student and grad visa). Not sure if na-implement na yun or later on pa, but that might be something to look into before deciding?

I think the main question for you to consider is what's keeping you in NSW? Do you have family in NSW whereas you don't in other states/territory? Have you looked into the job opportunities interstate? Are your occupations very much in demand in those states? Would employers be willing to sponsor for a visa (ENS?) if you can't get 190 sponsorship right away? Surely there are other visa pathways open, not just 190 (489? 482?)