Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Civil Engineer / Structural Engineer prior to going in Australia

Hi Civil Engineers/ Structural Engineers working in Australia. I'm still here in the Philippines pero I just want to ask if better po bang magkaruon na ako ng knowledge with Australian codes and have worked in an Australian company with projects located in Australia before going there in Australia? Mahirap po bang maghanap ng Structural Engineering works pag wala pang Aus local experience? At ano po ang pinakamalagang skill na iimprove beforeand: drafting, management, or any software for design?

While waiting for invitation, might as well I'll prepare myself with the needed skillset for better employability.

Thank you!

233214 - Structural Engineer
visa 189 = 85pts | visa 190 = 90pts | visa 491 = 100pts
Timeline:
08/06/2021 - Contacted an Immigration Agent
11/06/2021 - Preparation of Initial Documents (including 3 Career Episode Essays, SS etc.)
25/08/2021 - Completion of all Initial Documents
05/09/2021 - Start of PTE Academic Review (English Exam)
30/10/2021 - PTE Academic Exam & Results ( L:90 | R:83 | S:90| W:90 ) Superior, First-Time Test Taker
04/11/2021 - EA Skills Assessment submitted for 233214 - Structural Engineer
23/11/2021 - Positive EA Skills Assessment outcome
25/11/2021 - EOI submitted
Around January 2022 - ROI submitted (RDA Sydney NSW) - not invited
Around March 2022 - ROI submitted (Northern Rivers NSW)
08/04/2022 - Pre-invite Received (Northern Rivers NSW)
06/05/2022 - Received ITA (Northern Rivers NSW)
13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
17/06/2022 - Health Examinations (Medical)
30/06/2022 - Biometrics
19/08/2022 - Visa Grant (Wooohooo! To God be all the glory!)
22/09/2022 - Got Polio Vaccination Certificate from RHU
10/10/2022 - Got Covid Vaccination Certificate online
17/10/2022 - Secured a short-term accommodation in my regional area while offshore ($200 AUD incl. bills)
06/11/2022 - Secured a long-term accommodation in my regional area while offshore ($180 AUD incl. bills)
17/11/2022 - Big MOVE 2022
PTE Exam Complete Preparation Guide:
https://tinyurl.com/PTEPreparationGuide
How I got an Australian visa in a span of 1.2 years
https://tinyurl.com/HowIGotAnAustralianVisa
Follow my YouTube channel for glimpse of regional Australia:
https://tinyurl.com/YouTubeShortsEricTC
James 1:5-6
(New International Version)
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
Testimony: God is always one step ahead.

Comments

• atheleneathelene Brisbane

@EricTC said:
    Hi Civil Engineers/ Structural Engineers working in Australia. I'm still here in the Philippines pero I just want to ask if better po bang magkaruon na ako ng knowledge with Australian codes and have worked in an Australian company with projects located in Australia before going there in Australia? Mahirap po bang maghanap ng Structural Engineering works pag wala pang Aus local experience? At ano po ang pinakamalagang skill na iimprove beforeand: drafting, management, or any software for design?

While waiting for invitation, might as well I'll prepare myself with the needed skillset for better employability.

Thank you!

Since you don't have an invitation for PR yet, it's totally up to you whether you want to study ahead of time. Some Australian codes change often, others not so much, so you'll just have to check which codes are applicable to your work. Unless you already know someone who works here in a structural engineering role, it would be difficult to know which standards you need to study or which ones will be relevant to the work until you actually start working here.

I'm not in the engineering field (I'm in architecture field, but not yet working in industry), but most Aussie employers want someone with local experience, and this is a challenge for new migrants. I'd say it's a case-to-case basis. I have a civil engineer friend that arrived as a new migrant in Australia earlier this year, and it took him a few weeks to get his first engineering job because he didn't have "local experience". Although he was a registered engineer in the PH, he wasn't given much engineering work, so he decided to move to another company after a few weeks. An architect friend who also migrated to Australia said it took him a year to find an archi-related job. He worked as a factory worker for a year to gain "local experience." My advice is that your first job doesn't have to be the best structural engineering job ever; it's just the first job to gain the coveted "local experience," and then move to another role later on. Local experience doesn't always have to be directly related to your occupation; it could be work experience in any kind of job that requires the same transferrable skills. It's just a matter of how well you can sell and relate your transferable skills from a previous role to the new role.

People will say different things about the most important skills in the Australian workplace, but from what I've observed and experienced, your qualifications can only get you so far. Australians put more weight on relationships and attitudes (soft skills) than technical knowledge and drafting skills (hard skills). Totoo yung sinasabi nila na people get their jobs through connections/networks here in Australia. It's not just about what you know, but who you know. Aussies are more likely to hire an applicant who knows someone already working in the company (referral basis) than a total nobody. The lack of connections is the biggest disadvantage to new migrants, but that is the reality.

caspersushi24

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• mamertzmamertz Burnie, Tasmania

@EricTC said:

Thank you!

Hi,

I am a Structural engineer here in Australia.

From your line of asking, I can sense na nasa design/engineering/consultancy side ka. If that is the case, the most important codes are AS4100, AS3600, AS1170. There is one particular book that helped me: Australian Guidebook for structural engineers. If you have the time, you can start doing some self-study. Makakatulong yun.

As for software study, medyo mahirap mag-suggest kasi each company has their own preferred software. Pero most of my consultants are using SpaceGass. We use Autodesk Robot Str. Analysis in our company.

Tama po ang mga comments ni athelene. MEdyo mahirap maghanap ng engineering-related work sa simula kasi employers put so much emphasis on local experience. For more senior roles, they will even look for state registrations/licenses. Soft skills appear to have more weight than technical skills (at least during the hiring process).

Maybe my personal experience here can paint the picture. Share ko na rin.

When applying, I was told na it would be best to submit CVs that are specifically-tailored for the job description. So that means, meron akong multiple versions ng CV ko, each one highlighting what aspects of my experiences are most applicable to the particular job I am applying. I also have written a lot of cover letters.

I applied for around 80 jobs before getting two interviews. In both of my interviews, there are no technical questions. Mostly on the management aspects ang mga tanong. To be clear, none of these two companies are consultancy firms. I can imagine na kung sa consultancy ka mag-apply, for sure madaming technical questions.

I became successful on my second interview. I later on discovered that there were around 20 more engineers who applied, 5 of which were also shortlisted and interviewed. Despite lacking "local experience" they took their chance on me, because I have handled the interview better compared to others. This was the insider's feedback I obtained when I got the job. By the way, this job is in Tasmania where there is lesser competition.

May kakilala ako, engineer din siya. Pero he started as a draftsman. You may want to consider that "pathway" of gaining local experience. Pero all in all, you can take any job muna kung unsuccessful ka sa mga unang tries mo. Doesn't matter kung ano pa yan, kahit pa nga volunteering work pa e. Mahalaga may mailalagay ka sa CV and ma-highlight mo ang core skills mo.

One piece of advise: start mo na makipag-network within Australia. Kung may kakilala/kaibigan/kamag-anak ka, take good advantage of that. Mahalaga ang connections, as athelene stated. Ganun ang kalakaran na nakikita ko sa kumpanya ko and sa ilang companies na nababalitaan ko.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. Do not be discouraged. Ito yung mga bagay na siguradong pagdadaanan ng bawat new migrant. Pero one day, you will find that It was all worth it.

For anything, shoot me a message. Try ko mag-bigay ng payo kung kaya ko.

Nohiel04caspersushi24

March 21, 2018 Registered for IELTS
    April 20, 21, 2018 Took IELTS
    May 3, 2018 Received IELTS results L8 R9 W7 S7

Jun 8, 2018 Submitted EA application
    Jul 9,2018 Received positive outcome

Jul 9 , 2018 Submitted EOI - 65 points

Dec 19, 2018 Took PTE
    Dec 20, 2018 received Results L81, R90, S90, W85

Jan 8, 2019 Updated EOI - 75 points
    Jan 11, 2019 invited

Feb 9, 2019 Visa application submitted
    Aprill 11, 2019 Praise God. Direct Grant.

Nov 9, 2019 Big Move

• EricTCEricTC Posts: 157Member

@athelene said:

@EricTC said:

Thank you!

Since you don't have an invitation for PR yet, it's totally up to you whether you want to study ahead of time. Some Australian codes change often, others not so much, so you'll just have to check which codes are applicable to your work. Unless you already know someone who works here in a structural engineering role, it would be difficult to know which standards you need to study or which ones will be relevant to the work until you actually start working here.

I'm not in the engineering field (I'm in architecture field, but not yet working in industry), but most Aussie employers want someone with local experience, and this is a challenge for new migrants. I'd say it's a case-to-case basis. I have a civil engineer friend that arrived as a new migrant in Australia earlier this year, and it took him a few weeks to get his first engineering job because he didn't have "local experience". Although he was a registered engineer in the PH, he wasn't given much engineering work, so he decided to move to another company after a few weeks. An architect friend who also migrated to Australia said it took him a year to find an archi-related job. He worked as a factory worker for a year to gain "local experience." My advice is that your first job doesn't have to be the best structural engineering job ever; it's just the first job to gain the coveted "local experience," and then move to another role later on. Local experience doesn't always have to be directly related to your occupation; it could be work experience in any kind of job that requires the same transferrable skills. It's just a matter of how well you can sell and relate your transferable skills from a previous role to the new role.

People will say different things about the most important skills in the Australian workplace, but from what I've observed and experienced, your qualifications can only get you so far. Australians put more weight on relationships and attitudes (soft skills) than technical knowledge and drafting skills (hard skills). Totoo yung sinasabi nila na people get their jobs through connections/networks here in Australia. It's not just about what you know, but who you know. Aussies are more likely to hire an applicant who knows someone already working in the company (referral basis) than a total nobody. The lack of connections is the biggest disadvantage to new migrants, but that is the reality.

Thank you po for this insight. Now I better understand the weight and range of a local experience.

I'm planning to move in Australia alone with no immediate relatives or any connections. Pero I'll try to gain contacts, in the same field as I am, thru friends of friends or linkedin for possible referral or job opportunities.

Timeline:
    11/06/2021 - Preparation of Initial Documents (including 3 Career Episode Essays, SS etc.)
    30/10/2021 - PTE Academic Exam & Results ( L:90 | R:83 | S:90| W:90 ) Superior, First-Time Test Taker
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics
    17/10/2022 - Secured a short-term accommodation in my regional area while offshore ($200 AUD incl. bills)
    06/11/2022 - Secured a long-term accommodation in my regional area while offshore ($180 AUD incl. bills)
    5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
    6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

@mamertz said:

@EricTC said:

Thank you!

Hi,

I am a Structural engineer here in Australia.

From your line of asking, I can sense na nasa design/engineering/consultancy side ka. If that is the case, the most important codes are AS4100, AS3600, AS1170. There is one particular book that helped me: Australian Guidebook for structural engineers. If you have the time, you can start doing some self-study. Makakatulong yun.

As for software study, medyo mahirap mag-suggest kasi each company has their own preferred software. Pero most of my consultants are using SpaceGass. We use Autodesk Robot Str. Analysis in our company.

Tama po ang mga comments ni athelene. MEdyo mahirap maghanap ng engineering-related work sa simula kasi employers put so much emphasis on local experience. For more senior roles, they will even look for state registrations/licenses. Soft skills appear to have more weight than technical skills (at least during the hiring process).

Maybe my personal experience here can paint the picture. Share ko na rin.

When applying, I was told na it would be best to submit CVs that are specifically-tailored for the job description. So that means, meron akong multiple versions ng CV ko, each one highlighting what aspects of my experiences are most applicable to the particular job I am applying. I also have written a lot of cover letters.

I applied for around 80 jobs before getting two interviews. In both of my interviews, there are no technical questions. Mostly on the management aspects ang mga tanong. To be clear, none of these two companies are consultancy firms. I can imagine na kung sa consultancy ka mag-apply, for sure madaming technical questions.

I became successful on my second interview. I later on discovered that there were around 20 more engineers who applied, 5 of which were also shortlisted and interviewed. Despite lacking "local experience" they took their chance on me, because I have handled the interview better compared to others. This was the insider's feedback I obtained when I got the job. By the way, this job is in Tasmania where there is lesser competition.

May kakilala ako, engineer din siya. Pero he started as a draftsman. You may want to consider that "pathway" of gaining local experience. Pero all in all, you can take any job muna kung unsuccessful ka sa mga unang tries mo. Doesn't matter kung ano pa yan, kahit pa nga volunteering work pa e. Mahalaga may mailalagay ka sa CV and ma-highlight mo ang core skills mo.

One piece of advise: start mo na makipag-network within Australia. Kung may kakilala/kaibigan/kamag-anak ka, take good advantage of that. Mahalaga ang connections, as athelene stated. Ganun ang kalakaran na nakikita ko sa kumpanya ko and sa ilang companies na nababalitaan ko.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. Do not be discouraged. Ito yung mga bagay na siguradong pagdadaanan ng bawat new migrant. Pero one day, you will find that It was all worth it.

For anything, shoot me a message. Try ko mag-bigay ng payo kung kaya ko.

Thanks po for this detailed response. Opo, I'm praticing structural engineering design. 4 yrs using NSCP/ACI and almost 2 yrs with Eurocodes (with my present employment). Kaya natanong ko rin po yung sa codes since nahirapan po ako magadjust from American to Eurocode before. As much as possible, naisip ko pong better na adjusted na ako sa Aus code dito palang sa Pinas para living adjustment nalang problema ko nyan.

Medyo nagulat po ako with the 80 job applications with 2 interviews. Ok lang po tanungin if ano pong job yung nakuha nyo at first try?

In terms of location, preferred ko rin po sa Tasmania kasi mas peaceful (based on my own research). Looking forward, dyan ako mapunta on my first arrival.

Timeline:
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics

• mamertzmamertz Burnie, Tasmania

Hi Eric,

Nasa mining industry ako. Structural engineer pa rin naman ang job description ko, pero since nasa client side ako, very less ang engineering compared noong nasa consultancy ako (more than 15 years as design engineer). Of course, I still deal with maintenance/operation issues kaya napa-practice ko pa rin kahit papaano ang design ko.

Nakaka-relate ako sa "code familiarity" concerns mo kasi napagdaanan ko din yan several times sa career ko. Imagine the shifts from NSCP/ACI/AISC, to British Codes, to European Codes, and now to Australian Codes.

If mapadpad ka sa Tasmania, some of the consultants we deal with are based in the main cities like Launceston and Hobart. You may want to try applying sa mga companies in those areas.

Ang disadvantage ng Tasmania is less ang engineering oppurtunities here when compared to the mainland states.

Ang advantage naman, dahil mas kaunti ang tao, less ang competition. And the oppurtunity of being hired in un-related jobs seems to be also high. And syempre, peaceful dito and madaming tanawin.

caspersushi24Captain_AEricTC

March 21, 2018 Registered for IELTS
    April 20, 21, 2018 Took IELTS
    May 3, 2018 Received IELTS results L8 R9 W7 S7

Jun 8, 2018 Submitted EA application
    Jul 9,2018 Received positive outcome

Jul 9 , 2018 Submitted EOI - 65 points

Dec 19, 2018 Took PTE
    Dec 20, 2018 received Results L81, R90, S90, W85

Jan 8, 2019 Updated EOI - 75 points
    Jan 11, 2019 invited

Feb 9, 2019 Visa application submitted
    Aprill 11, 2019 Praise God. Direct Grant.

Nov 9, 2019 Big Move

@mamertz said:
    Hi Eric,

Nasa mining industry ako. Structural engineer pa rin naman ang job description ko, pero since nasa client side ako, very less ang engineering compared noong nasa consultancy ako (more than 15 years as design engineer). Of course, I still deal with maintenance/operation issues kaya napa-practice ko pa rin kahit papaano ang design ko.

Nakaka-relate ako sa "code familiarity" concerns mo kasi napagdaanan ko din yan several times sa career ko. Imagine the shifts from NSCP/ACI/AISC, to British Codes, to European Codes, and now to Australian Codes.

If mapadpad ka sa Tasmania, some of the consultants we deal with are based in the main cities like Launceston and Hobart. You may want to try applying sa mga companies in those areas.

Ang disadvantage ng Tasmania is less ang engineering oppurtunities here when compared to the mainland states.

Ang advantage naman, dahil mas kaunti ang tao, less ang competition. And the oppurtunity of being hired in un-related jobs seems to be also high. And syempre, peaceful dito and madaming tanawin.

Thank you po for this info.

Timeline:
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@EricTC said:

Thank you!

Hi @EricTC. Not practicing CE here in Australia but I'm still working within the construction industry as a cost consultant. My response is based on my personal experience and hope it helps in a way.

1. "better po bang magkaruon na ako ng knowledge with Australian codes and have worked in an Australian company with projects located in Australia before going there in Australia?"
    • If you can have that knowledge, it will definitely be an advantage for someone coming from overseas. The same applies if you have worked with an Australian company with projects based in Australia as you would already have an idea of how things work here.

Before migrating to Au, I have been working with an international company (Au origin) in the Ph for a few years. That experience was really helpful as working with that specific company gave me knowledge on Au standards.

1. "Mahirap po bang maghanap ng Structural Engineering works pag wala pang Aus local experience?"
    • In my experience medyo, lalo na kung hindi magaling job agent mo. My job agent that time had a QS backround (same field as mine), kaya naintindihan nya experience ko and skills ko sa Ph. I still remembered what he said to me nung kinukwento ko yung mga prior interviews ko with other agents. He said "No local experience should not be an issue, as long as you know the fundamentals". After my interview with him, a week later he got me my first employer interview and sa awa ni Lord I'm still working with that employer.
    1. "ano po ang pinakamalagang skill na iimprove beforeand"
    • imo, if you have years of experience relating to your skill, nothing more to improve before coming here. your skills can be improved to match the standards here once you land a job. I think the most important thing would be the ability to adapt to the culture and willingness to start from scratch (specially kung supervisory level ka na sa Ph).

Basta walang sukuan at wag panghihinaan ng loob kapag hindi kagad makakuha ng gustong work. Tibay ng loob at kapal ng muka lang lagi =D

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

@Jacraye said:

@EricTC said:

Thank you!

Hi @EricTC. Not practicing CE here in Australia but I'm still working within the construction industry as a cost consultant. My response is based on my personal experience and hope it helps in a way.

1. "better po bang magkaruon na ako ng knowledge with Australian codes and have worked in an Australian company with projects located in Australia before going there in Australia?"
    • If you can have that knowledge, it will definitely be an advantage for someone coming from overseas. The same applies if you have worked with an Australian company with projects based in Australia as you would already have an idea of how things work here.

Before migrating to Au, I have been working with an international company (Au origin) in the Ph for a few years. That experience was really helpful as working with that specific company gave me knowledge on Au standards.

1. "Mahirap po bang maghanap ng Structural Engineering works pag wala pang Aus local experience?"
    • In my experience medyo, lalo na kung hindi magaling job agent mo. My job agent that time had a QS backround (same field as mine), kaya naintindihan nya experience ko and skills ko sa Ph. I still remembered what he said to me nung kinukwento ko yung mga prior interviews ko with other agents. He said "No local experience should not be an issue, as long as you know the fundamentals". After my interview with him, a week later he got me my first employer interview and sa awa ni Lord I'm still working with that employer.
    • imo, if you have years of experience relating to your skill, nothing more to improve before coming here. your skills can be improved to match the standards here once you land a job. I think the most important thing would be the ability to adapt to the culture and willingness to start from scratch (specially kung supervisory level ka na sa Ph).

Basta walang sukuan at wag panghihinaan ng loob kapag hindi kagad makakuha ng gustong work. Tibay ng loob at kapal ng muka lang lagi =D

Hi @Jacraye, thanks for this reply. I'm open to any entry-level job opportunities in Au. Aside from usual route sya to establish a career, gusto ko rin magtry ng ibang field outside structural engineering.

Regarding job agent, dyan na po ba kayo humanap ng agent? Mas advisable po ba ang agent vs. direct application sa job portals?

Malaking bagay nga po yung code & work familiarity. Though inaassess ko pa po kung ok pang lumipat ng job ngayon (with Aus exposure) since kaka-submit ko lang ng EOI. Wala rin kasi indication if how long it will take magkaruon ng invitation during this time (2021-2022).

Btw, na-enlighten po ako sa response nyo. Thank you!

Timeline:
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@EricTC said:

@Jacraye said:

@EricTC said:

Thank you!

Hi @Jacraye, thanks for this reply. I'm open to any entry-level job opportunities in Au. Aside from usual route sya to establish a career, gusto ko rin magtry ng ibang field outside structural engineering.

Regarding job agent, dyan na po ba kayo humanap ng agent? Mas advisable po ba ang agent vs. direct application sa job portals?

Malaking bagay nga po yung code & work familiarity. Though inaassess ko pa po kung ok pang lumipat ng job ngayon (with Aus exposure) since kaka-submit ko lang ng EOI. Wala rin kasi indication if how long it will take magkaruon ng invitation during this time (2021-2022).

I started applying for work a week before ako umalis papunta Au and tinuloy ko lang ang pag-aapply nung dumating ako. Hindi naman ako naghanap ng agent. Ang mga agents lang talaga kasi madalas nag-aadvertise ng requirements para sa mga employer.

Imo, either by agent or direct, ok lang. Sa interview lagi yan magkakaalaman kung may alam ka sa position na inaaplayan mo. Ang kelangan lang talaga is honest ka at confident with regards to your work experience.

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator

@Jacraye said:

@EricTC said:

@Jacraye said:

@EricTC said:

Thank you!

I started applying for work a week before ako umalis papunta Au and tinuloy ko lang ang pag-aapply nung dumating ako. Hindi naman ako naghanap ng agent. Ang mga agents lang talaga kasi madalas nag-aadvertise ng requirements para sa mga employer.

Imo, either by agent or direct, ok lang. Sa interview lagi yan magkakaalaman kung may alam ka sa position na inaaplayan mo. Ang kelangan lang talaga is honest ka at confident with regards to your work experience.

I agree. Anything could work, at the end of the day it’s your own battle during the interview. One drawback with job agents would they get a cut in n your salary. For example you’re salary offer should be $60,000, the employer will pay them say $2,000 for finding you and you’ll get the actual salary offer of $58,000.

There are some migration agencies offering additional recruitment services. You pay extra to the migration agency to get that service and without you knowing it, when you get a job through them, they’ll likely get a commission from your salary offer as well. Be mindful of those agencies providing extra services. In reality, you don’t really need to pay a recruiter to seek work for you because they get a commission when you get the job.

Jacraye
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator

@EricTC said:

@Jacraye said:

@EricTC said:

Thank you!

Your biggest draw back is local experience- which is normal so best not to be too fussy with job offers, the aim is to get your foot in the labour force first. Just an example, my husband is a structural engineer, earned his degree in Germany because that’s where he’s from but he happened to be born in Australia. After he got his degree, he moved back to Australia. No experience at all and he waited about 3 months to land into an engineering job. Bottom line is, regardless of where you’re from, Kahit Australian citizen na, if no local experience, you won’t be preferred so expect to wait for a while but don’t give up.

marksolitomamertz
  • 570N3Y1570N3Y1 nsw

Good day to all :D . Lodged TSS 482 last Dec.15 2021, done with EMedical last Dec29, hopefully mabilis lang, Maitland ,Hunter Region, NSW ang destinasyon ko . Baka sakali meron po ba dto same o nag aantay ng abiso from doHA... thanks o:)

(TSS 482 MS)
    1st Interview - 11/10/2021
    2nd Interview - 16/10/2021 (job offer)
    Commencement Visa w/MAgent - 17/11/2021
    Ielts Exam - 27/11/2021
    Ielts Exam Results - 30/11/2021 OA 7.5
    SPF_COC - 14/12/2021
    Bupa Med - 14/12/2021
    VISA lodge: 15/12/2021
    Emedical_paragon - 27/12/2021
    Grant : 07/02/2022
    BM: 31/05/2022

@570N3Y1 said:
    Good day to all :D . Lodged TSS 482 last Dec.15 2021, done with EMedical last Dec29, hopefully mabilis lang, Maitland ,Hunter Region, NSW ang destinasyon ko . Baka sakali meron po ba dto same o nag aantay ng abiso from doHA... thanks o:)

Civil Engineer din po kayo? Paano po kayo nakakuha/nakahanap ng employer sponsor?

Timeline:
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics

• 570N3Y1570N3Y1 nsw

Civil/Structural po.. sa job portals meron pa din.. pasa lang ng pasa bro..libre naman :# B)

EricTC

(TSS 482 MS)
    1st Interview - 11/10/2021
    2nd Interview - 16/10/2021 (job offer)
    Commencement Visa w/MAgent - 17/11/2021
    Ielts Exam - 27/11/2021
    Ielts Exam Results - 30/11/2021 OA 7.5
    SPF_COC - 14/12/2021
    Bupa Med - 14/12/2021
    VISA lodge: 15/12/2021
    Emedical_paragon - 27/12/2021
    Grant : 07/02/2022
    BM: 31/05/2022

@570N3Y1 said:
    Civil/Structural po.. sa job portals meron pa din.. pasa lang ng pasa bro..libre naman :# B)

Wow. Nice po. Nag private message nalang po ako for addl questions. 😅

Timeline:
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics

Hi. May I know if magkano ang ideal expected salary for an entry-level Civil Engineer for a small company? Thank you.

Timeline:
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics

• atheleneathelene Brisbane

@EricTC said:
    Hi. May I know if magkano ang ideal expected salary for an entry-level Civil Engineer for a small company? Thank you.

I think you can have a look at the Professional Employees Award, which includes engineering (Graduate Engineer, Professional Engineer). Most professions/occupations will be covered by an "award," which specifies the minimum wage for a particular occupation. The rate that will apply to you depends on your qualification and your experience. Have a read through the Award for details:

awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000065

EricTC

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

Thank you for this :)

Timeline:
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics

• nashmacoy101nashmacoy101 Makati City

@EricTC said:

saw your timeline, gaano ka kabilis nakakuha ng long term accomodation? tsaka okay lang ba sa inyo un kahit hindi nyo nakikita pa ung property?

ANZSCO 233211 | Civil Engineer
    07.09.2022 VISA GRANT (SC 190 NSW - 95PTS)
    09.08.2022 Qatar PCC
    18.06.2022 Medicals
    10.06.2022 Lodge Visa
    19.05.2022 Received final ITA from Skillselect
    18.05.2022 Received ITA from NSW and applied the same day
    16.05.2022 Created 3rd EOI
    27.04.2022 Received ITA from NSW (nasa junk folder kaya diko nakita, ayun expired link!)
    12.2021 Created 2nd EOI
    09.2020 Created 1st EOI pero na'lock kasi nakalimutan ko password at ung 3 questions KEK
    12.09.2020 PTE-A Wife (Proficient)
    07.09.2020 PTE-A L83 R90 S90 W90
    16.07.2020 Duplicate letter wife
    06.07.2020 RSEA outcome
    02.03.2020 PTE-A L75 R78 S85 W76
    01.2020 - back on track sa AU dream (sana magtuloy-tuloy na!)
    12.2017 - 12.2019: 2 years hiatus
    11.2017 EA outcome received
    08.2017 EA outcome letter wife

• nashmacoy101nashmacoy101 Makati City

@EricTC said:

question ko din ito noon, haha. sa seek salary finder ka po mag check

ANZSCO 233211 | Civil Engineer
    07.09.2022 VISA GRANT (SC 190 NSW - 95PTS)
    09.08.2022 Qatar PCC
    18.06.2022 Medicals
    10.06.2022 Lodge Visa
    19.05.2022 Received final ITA from Skillselect
    18.05.2022 Received ITA from NSW and applied the same day
    16.05.2022 Created 3rd EOI
    27.04.2022 Received ITA from NSW (nasa junk folder kaya diko nakita, ayun expired link!)
    12.2021 Created 2nd EOI
    09.2020 Created 1st EOI pero na'lock kasi nakalimutan ko password at ung 3 questions KEK
    12.09.2020 PTE-A Wife (Proficient)
    07.09.2020 PTE-A L83 R90 S90 W90
    16.07.2020 Duplicate letter wife
    06.07.2020 RSEA outcome
    02.03.2020 PTE-A L75 R78 S85 W76
    01.2020 - back on track sa AU dream (sana magtuloy-tuloy na!)
    12.2017 - 12.2019: 2 years hiatus
    11.2017 EA outcome received
    08.2017 EA outcome letter wife

@nashmacoy101 said:

@EricTC said:

saw your timeline, gaano ka kabilis nakakuha ng long term accomodation? tsaka okay lang ba sa inyo un kahit hindi nyo nakikita pa ung property?

Hi. Filipino household po ito and nag videocall po kami for house tour. Also, for me kahit medyo di ko po gusto yung room ok lang po as long as may mapuntahan on my arrival without needing to book a hotel / airb&b. Pero so far, ok naman yung house & room. :)

wenwerwueyburger

Timeline:
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics

Also added benefits na rin is may kausap na pinoy to assist me since mag isa lang ako going there. Likewise, they are willing to refer me sa kahit ano munang job while applying for engineering jobs.

Timeline:
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics

Started casual looking July 2022 po pala. Then 1 month before my flight, todo search na. Medyo alangan din kasi yung iba mag offer ng accommodation if wala pang plane ticket or malayo pa yung flight.

Timeline:
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics

• stihlce12stihlce12 Singapore

hELLO gusto ko sana buhayin tong thread nto. anyone got job in NSW as civil Engr?

28 March 2023: Heal Assessment-Health Clearance Provided
    25 March 2023: Medical Exam Done
    17 March 2023: Visa Lodge SC 190
    02 March 2023: Received Nomination Approval NSW and ITA from DOHA
    15 Feb 2023: Received Pre-invitation from NSW
    11 Dec 2022: Submitted EOI for SC 190 NSW & VIC and SC 189
    15 Nov 2022: Received Skill Assessment From Engr Aus-Prof Eng
    10 Oct 2022: Submitted Standard CDR to Engr Aus for Skill Assessment
    09 May 2022: PTE Exam Result Proficient Score

• tofu888tofu888 Australia

hi guys! i'm planning sana na makakuha muna ng CE job before going sa Aus. is there someone here po ba na successfully nakaland ng job before going sa Aus? or is it advisable na lumipad po muna sa Aus? here are my details po so far:

1. holds a skilled recognised graduate visa (subclass 476)
    2. has Engineers Australia accreditation
    3. experienced in road design and modelling in accordance with AustRoads, VicRoads, TfNSW, & Australian Standards

hope you could help me po find some leads :) either in Melbourne or Sydney po.

thank you!!

ANZSCO 233211 - CIVIL ENGINEER (ONHORE)

jan 8: lodged visa 476

-
    2020-sep2023
    earning experience in ph

-
    2023 (Visa 189/190)
    jan 16: started planning 189/190 visa application
    feb 01: EA assessment - started collecting required docs
    feb 24: PTE - enrolled in APEUni
    mar 01: PTE - booked my exam
    apr 04: PTE - exam at Trident Makati
    apr 05: PTE - got my result (superior)
    apr 11: EA assessment - CDR+RSEA+fast track submitted
    may 12: EA assessment - assessment in progress
    may 16: EA assessment - awaiting information for requested docs
    may 19: EA assessment - provided requested docs
    may 22: EA assessment result - positive outcome
    jun 09: visa 476 - re-medical & form80 requested; form 80 submitted
    jun 20: visa 476 - re-medical
    jun 26: visa 476 - further assessment status
    jul 02: EOI - submitted 190(VIC) - 80+5 pts
    jul 18: visa 476 - grant!!
    sep 04: accepted a job offer!!
    oct 10: BM to Sydney for vacay
    oct 20: flight to Melbourne
    oct 21: ROI - submitted (VIC)
    oct 23: first day of work
    nov 29: EOI: pre-invite received!
    dec 01: accepted pre-invite
    dec 14: received my ITA (VIC)
    dec 17: lodge visa 190
    xxx xx: THAT GOLDEN EMAIL

~ you'll never know how far you can go, unless you take risk of going far ~

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney
    edited July 2023

@tofu888 said:
    hi guys! i'm planning sana na makakuha muna ng CE job before going sa Aus. is there someone here po ba na successfully nakaland ng job before going sa Aus? or is it advisable na lumipad po muna sa Aus? here are my details po so far:

3. experienced in road design and modelling in accordance with AustRoads, VicRoads, TfNSW, & Australian Standards

thank you!!

Based on the details you have provided you can start job hunting while off-shore. Just note in your cover letter that your are still off-shore but arriving on a specific date. Some companies do online interviews but some prefer face-to-face.

I'm not sure what you meant by 'has Engineer's Australia accreditation'. Do you mean you are a chartered engineer? If so, it is an advantage as some companies would require you to be a chartered engineer.

@Jacraye said:

@tofu888 said:

thank you!!

Based on the details you have provided you can start job hunting while off-shore. Just note in your cover letter that your are still off-shore but arriving on a specific date. Some companies do online interviews but some prefer face-to-face.

> I'm not sure what you meant by 'has Engineer's Australia accreditation'. Do you mean you are a chartered engineer? If so, it is an advantage as some companies would require you to be a chartered engineer.

ohh, alright po. thanks for this info. ah what I mean po is I was awarded as Professional Engineer by EA. but i'm planning po mag pamember anytime soon.

-
    2020-sep2023
    earning experience in ph

-
    2023 (Visa 189/190)
    apr 05: PTE - got my result (superior)
    apr 11: EA assessment - CDR+RSEA+fast track submitted
    may 12: EA assessment - assessment in progress
    may 16: EA assessment - awaiting information for requested docs
    may 19: EA assessment - provided requested docs
    may 22: EA assessment result - positive outcome
    jun 09: visa 476 - re-medical & form80 requested; form 80 submitted
    jun 20: visa 476 - re-medical
    jun 26: visa 476 - further assessment status
    jul 02: EOI - submitted 190(VIC) - 80+5 pts
    jul 18: visa 476 - grant!!
    sep 04: accepted a job offer!!
    oct 10: BM to Sydney for vacay
    oct 20: flight to Melbourne
    oct 21: ROI - submitted (VIC)
    oct 23: first day of work
    nov 29: EOI: pre-invite received!
    dec 01: accepted pre-invite
    dec 14: received my ITA (VIC)
    dec 17: lodge visa 190
    xxx xx: THAT GOLDEN EMAIL

~ you'll never know how far you can go, unless you take risk of going far ~

• MLBSMLBS Manila

@tofu888 said:

@Jacraye said:

@tofu888 said:

thank you!!

> I'm not sure what you meant by 'has Engineer's Australia accreditation'. Do you mean you are a chartered engineer? If so, it is an advantage as some companies would require you to be a chartered engineer.

ohh, alright po. thanks for this info. ah what I mean po is I was awarded as Professional Engineer by EA. but i'm planning po mag pamember anytime soon.

Professional Engineer sa Skills assessment tama ba? Di yan nagmamatter sa work place, ang skills assessment is for visa purposes lang talaga. In demand CE dito, partner ko may offers na sa Sydney at Perth before pa nya natapos Master's deg nya (no exp pa to a). All the best!

233411 Electronics Engineer (Age-30, Educ-15,English proficiency-20, NAATI - 5, Single, - 10 Relative sponsorship - 15)
    95 pts total
    2017*****
    June 3, 2017 = Graduated from College
    July 8, 2017 = Took IELTS GT
    July 21, 2017 = received IELTS results (LRWS = 8/9/7.5/7)
    August 11, 2017 = Lodged EA assessment (Fast track)
    September 6, 2017 = Received positive EA assessment, lodged EOI (489 Family sponsored - 60 pts)
    September 21, 2017 = Took PTE exam
    September 22, 2017 = Received PTE results (LRSW- 90/90/90/90), lodged 189 EOI (60 pts), updated 489 FS EOI (70 pts)
    September 26, 2017 = Lodged 190 EOI (NSW) 65 pts
    2018*****
    1 year wait... still no EOI invite. Decided to pursue student visa instead

Course: Cert IV and Diploma - Work Health and Safety (DNA Kingston)

October 15, 2018 = offer letter from school
    November 8, 2018 = Medical exam (St. Lukes)
    November 20, 2018 = Paid for tuition
    Novemeber 28, 2018 = Received COE
    December 2, 2018 = Lodged visa, after 1 min, granted!
    2019*****
    Feb 4 2019 = arrived to Perth
    2020*****
    Jan 2020 = Age increased to 30 pts
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Jan 26 2020 = Results for NAATI (passed) +5 pts
    Jan 27 2020 = lodged EOI 491 Family
    Feb 10 2020 = invited finally!
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged
    Oct 30 2023 = 191 granted

• DreamerGDreamerG Posts: 269Member

@MLBS said:

@tofu888 said:

@Jacraye said:

@tofu888 said:

thank you!!

Professional Engineer sa Skills assessment tama ba? Di yan nagmamatter sa work place, ang skills assessment is for visa purposes lang talaga. In demand CE dito, partner ko may offers na sa Sydney at Perth before pa nya natapos Master's deg nya (no exp pa to a). All the best!

Sir, your partner is more of sa structural design po noh? Thanks

Anyone can share po regardimg naman po pag site people or under Site Engineers. Thanks

EOI: Nov 2021
    ROI: Aug 2022
    Patiently waiting for Gods' perfect timing

@MLBS said:

@tofu888 said:

@Jacraye said:

@tofu888 said:

thank you!!

--
    ahhhh i see. I thought nagmamatter sya in job application haha. thanks for clarifying po. that's nice to know, more window shopping pa ko sa seek, indeed and linkedin. appreciate it sir! :blush:

-
    2020-sep2023
    earning experience in ph

-
    2023 (Visa 189/190)