Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Is Australia worth it?

Good day.

I'm a 28 year old, Civil Engineer, single.

Last October 2022, I got invited sa 189 visa, professional civil engineer, and I paid the 4k AUD, all DIY. And now im just waiting for CO contact.

The main reason I went for the said opportunity is first, to follow love and also, for a better future for myself and future family. Australia is one hell of a country.

That being said, we all know covid happened, and they stopped inviting people for working visa in aussie. Then, 2 months before the expiration of my PTE, I got invited.

The problem is, during the 2 year waiting time, I have developed a lot of things in terms of career. I started a construction business in Bohol (tropical paradise island), self-made and no inheritance and help from parents and it can earn 5-10M, net, a year. Much higher than average salaty in australia.

Tho, I still wana pursue australia, I've been there in 2019 and I quickly fell inlove with the country. I want to try international experinece in my career, live in a 1st world, rich and beautiful country, filled with opportunities. But its hard when you also have this opportunity in the PH, in the beautiful island of Bohol pa.

I would only like to ask for opinion and advice. I'm 60-40. 60% for aussie and 40% to stay in the PH. If I go to australia, i may never be able to go back to my construction business if things dont come my way there, and if i stay in the PH, i may lose my chance while im young to try a new life in a different beautiful country. Tho im becoming more inclined to follow money, the 60-40 may change very soon.

Just a casual conversation/question from a casual person. :)

ispidprikMACINOZ2023abaperStbMTAu

Comments

• mr_rightttmr_righttt Posts: 7Member

@mr_righttt said:
    Good day.

Last October 2022, I got invited sa 189 visa, professional civil engineer, and I paid the 4k AUD, all DIY. And now im just waiting for CO contact.

The main reason I went for the said opportunity is first, to follow love and also, for a better future for myself and future family. Australia is one hell of a country.

That being said, we all know covid happened, and they stopped inviting people for working visa in aussie. Then, 2 months before the expiration of my PTE, I got invited.

The problem is, during the 2 year waiting time, I have developed a lot of things in terms of career. I started a construction business in Bohol (tropical paradise island), self-made and no inheritance and help from parents and it can earn 5-10M, net, a year. Much higher than average salaty in australia.

Tho, I still wana pursue australia, I've been there in 2019 and I quickly fell inlove with the country. I want to try international experinece in my career, live in a 1st world, rich and beautiful country, filled with opportunities. But its hard when you also have this opportunity in the PH, in the beautiful island of Bohol pa.

I would only like to ask for opinion and advice. I'm 60-40. 60% for aussie and 40% to stay in the PH. If I go to australia, i may never be able to go back to my construction business if things dont come my way there, and if i stay in the PH, i may lose my chance while im young to try a new life in a different beautiful country. Tho im becoming more inclined to follow money, the 60-40 may change very soon.

btw nag break din kami ng jowa ko na nasa australia. kaya you know, shit happens

MACINOZ2023MLBS
  • whimpeewhimpee Posts: 419Member

Have you considered starting your own construction business in Australia?

491 Visa: Human Resource Adviser - 223111 (80 points) | Age: 15 | English: 10 | Work: 15 | Education : 15 | Partner : 10 | Nomination: 15
    09 Aug 2016 - VETASSESS Initial, Positive
    03 Jan 2020 - VETASSESS Reassessment, Positive
    29 Jan 2020 - EOI submitted for 491 (NSW) - 65 pts
    10 Feb 2020 - IELTS, Proficient
    15 Feb 2020 - EOI updated - 75 pts
    18 Jan 2022 - VETASSESS Renewal
    14 Oct 2022 - EOI submitted for 491 (NSW) - 80 pts
    10 Nov 2022 - Pre-invite received from NSW, applied on the same day
    18 Nov 2022 - NSW Nomination approved
    21 Nov 2022 - 491 Visa Lodged
    22 Nov 2022 - Submitted Forms 80 and 1221
    25 Nov 2022 - Medical exam and Biometrics
    6 Dec 2022 - Additional medical check requested for 1 dependent
    3 Jan 2023 - Complete health clearance
    5 Jun 2023 - Immi Assessment Commenced email received
    20 Jul 2023 - Visa Grant

• mr_rightttmr_righttt Posts: 7Member

@whimpee said:

Is that possible? Lets face it, we're 2nd class citizen sa australia. Something na most people doesn't talk about dito is, austrlian's tendency to look at other races as inferior. I read it in quora and reddit.

• ispidprikispidprik Posts: 143Member

@mr_righttt said:
    Good day.

All of these are valid. I was also in a similar situation as you. Im a mech engineer in a construction business as well with other side businesses. Im older though with family 1 kid and another on the way. Yeah true money is good in construction if things go well. Originally i don’t have plans to go abroad sabi ko stable job and good business would be enough but what pushed me to go thru this migration is security. Pandemic wiped out all of our businesses and even our construction business without much support from the gov’t we were really struggling while trying to help our workers as much as we can. Advantage lang with going to australia is i can have a peace of mind na whatever happens to me my wife and kids can survive. they would have access to school and a better healthcare system which is lacking dito sa pinas. This pandemic is an eye opener sa akin na kung wala kang pera mamatay ka na lang talaga. As of the moment done na kmi sa medical antay na lang ng results and hopefully ng grant.

MACINOZ2023Capuccino_2017abapercaspersushi24HeyYouAU
  • era222era222 Philippines

@mr_righttt said:
    Good day.

I'm a 60-40 applicant as well! I've dreamed of going abroad my whole life but ako naman I love home. My family is here and sila ang sentro ng buhay ko, plus I live rather comfortably here. I've developed my career na rin and earn relatively higher than the average corporate professional in the PH. So I feel you. But the biggest influence for me is long-term gains—all of which lead to Australia.

I'd advise na think about what you want and what you think you have the capacity to do at certain points of your life. Do you think you'll get to move abroad later on in your life, realistically speaking? And what are your priorities? Do you think you'd be able to manage both? I think what's great about Australia is if afford mo, you can easily go back and forth between PH and AU kasi hindi kasing layo ng, say, Canada. And with a 189 visa, it gets even easier since you're traveling "visa-free" while your 189 is active. Maybe you can manage the business remotely?

If you can't choose, think about how you can do both. And if you can't do both, think about which of the two can you afford to lose. Yung kahit di mag-materialize, kaya mo pagdaanan. "What ifs" will always be there—you just have to make the choice you can commit to. At least that's what I personally believe :)

Kung ako lang, I'd say go for AU and figure out a way to shape the PH dream around that—privilege that comes with a business is one thing; privilege that comes from where you live and which country you are a citizen of is another in my view!

MACINOZ2023ispidprikabapermarise32

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

• _sebodemacho_sebodemacho Melbourne, VIC
    edited December 2022

@era222 said:

@mr_righttt said:
    Good day.

I'm a 60-40 applicant as well! I've dreamed of going abroad my whole life but ako naman I love home. My family is here and sila ang sentro ng buhay ko, plus I live rather comfortably here. I've developed my career na rin and earn relatively higher than the average corporate professional in the PH. So I feel you. But the biggest influence for me is long-term gains—all of which lead to Australia.

I'd advise na think about what you want and what you think you have the capacity to do at certain points of your life. Do you think you'll get to move abroad later on in your life, realistically speaking? And what are your priorities? Do you think you'd be able to manage both? I think what's great about Australia is if afford mo, you can easily go back and forth between PH and AU kasi hindi kasing layo ng, say, Canada. And with a 189 visa, it gets even easier since you're traveling "visa-free" while your 189 is active. Maybe you can manage the business remotely?

If you can't choose, think about how you can do both. And if you can't do both, think about which of the two can you afford to lose. Yung kahit di mag-materialize, kaya mo pagdaanan. "What ifs" will always be there—you just have to make the choice you can commit to. At least that's what I personally believe :)

Kung ako lang, I'd say go for AU and figure out a way to shape the PH dream around that—privilege that comes with a business is one thing; privilege that comes from where you live and which country you are a citizen of is another in my view!

Sobrang agree ako dito! Imagine all the potential that will open up when you are in AU at the same time, starting that business you are eyeing for in the PH.

Wala namang madali sa buhay in general. It's a puzzle, as they say. No one comes out of it alive haha. Just make the most of your time, lalo kung nasa AU ka, mas marami yung motivation and inspiration na makukuha mo kesa based ka sa PH. I feel like it's better to have that security in where you are, mas productive and conducive for you to grow holistically. Dun naman nagsisimula yun, sa inspirasyon. Samahan mo pa ng lakas ng loob at aksyon.

Now, kung tingin mo sa PH mo mahahanap yung inspirasyon na yun, edi go. Haha. Pero strong advocate pa rin ako na ituloy mo lang yung pag PR sa Oz. Fallback lang kumbaga. It's best that you tried it, at least later on, you wont have regrets for the things you did not take. ;)

P.S. You are in a very good situation, man! People would do everything to get to where you are now.

MACINOZ2023era222irl031816ispidprikabapercaspersushi24StbMTAuConboyboy

DIY all the way. Avoid preachy, know-it-all, and unscrupulous agents AT ALL COSTS!

"We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams." - Les Brown

261312 (Developer Programmer) - Main | 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) - Wife

189 (95), 190 (100)

14 Nov | BIG MOVE
    01 Nov | HIRED | First day of work. Remote working arrangement from SG
    --- Trying my luck at job hunting while in Singapore and BM planning on the side ---
    19 Apr | Direct Visa Grant | What a journey... JUST GRATEFUL!

2022 - Pandemic Eases Off

17 Nov | Medical Test Clearance
    15 Nov | Medical Test
    03 Nov | EOI #4, #6 | 189 Withdrawn, 190 NSW Withdrawn
    03 Nov | Visa Application | 190 VIC --- THE REAL WAITING GAME BEGINS!!!
    31 Oct | ITA | 190 VIC | never thought this day would come!!! T.T good decision to defer NSW nomination.
    27 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 NSW --- sabi nila, when it rains, it pours!!!
    26 Oct | Nomination Application | 190 VIC
    26 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 VIC --- one step closer, sa wakas, PADAYON!!!
    21 Oct | EOI #4, #5 + ROI, #6 DoE | 189, 190 VIC, 190 NSW
    21 Oct | ACS Assessment (Wife) Renewal - Suitable
    xx Mar| EOI#1, #2, #3 | 189 Expired, 190 NSW Expired, 190 VIC Expired

2021 - Pandemic Still

25 Sep | ACS Assessment (Main) Renewal - Suitable
    01 Feb | EOI#4 DoE | 189

2020 - Pandemic

19 Aug | EOI#1, #2, #3 DoE | 189, 190 NSW, 190 VIC
    30 Jul | NAATI CCL Online Test | Result: Passed
    09 Mar | PTE (Wife) | Results: L90 R80 S90 W82 (Superior)
    19 Feb | PTE (Main) | Results: L90 R83 S90 W82 (Superior)
    12 Feb | ACS Assessment (Wife) - Suitable | Expired

24 Oct | ACS Assessment (Main) - Suitable | Expired

--- Tons of research, document collection and other necessary preparations ---
    01 Sep | The Beginning | Had the chance to visit Oz, and immediately fell in love with it!

• atheleneathelene Brisbane

There are always opportunity costs when faced with making decisions. It's really up to you to weigh in what your priorities are in life, and whether you are willing to let go of one opportunity to pursue another.

As far as I know, once you get your PR, you don't have to move to Australia right away. You just need to activate your PR visa by entering the country, and just do the big move once you're ready. So you can still pursue the construction business for a few years, then move to Australia. Give Australia a fair go, maybe for a year or so, just to see if you like it. Maybe hire someone trustworthy and skilled to handle your construction business back home while you're overseas. Then once you've experienced what Australia is like, you can make a more informed decision on whether to stay or return to PH for good.

@mr_righttt said:
    Is that possible? Lets face it, we're 2nd class citizen sa australia. Something na most people doesn't talk about dito is, austrlian's tendency to look at other races as inferior. I read it in quora and reddit.

Setting up a construction business in Australia is a lot different from PH, considering you do need a license/registration and insurance. The license you need will depend on the state/territory where you will set up the business, and the type of license you have will restrict you on what you can build. And of course, you need to have knowledge on and some experience with Australian construction practices (which can differ across states/territory), in addition to access/connections to different skilled tradies (sparkies, plasterer, carpenter/joiner, painter, etc.).

Reading things from crowdsourcing websites doesn't automatically make it true and applicable all across the country. Your statement about "2nd class citizen" depends on who you ask and in what context. If you are talking about racism, yes, racism still exists (find me a country wherein there is zero racism) and I don't think it will change anytime soon. Australia's diversity is growing though, especially in Sydney and Melbourne. However, discrimination (based on age, race/ethnicity, genre, religion, etc.) is not tolerated within the Australian workplace. You get hired based on your skills and how well you can fit into a company's work culture.

era222magueroMACINOZ2023EeOZStbMTAuabapermarise32

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• magueromaguero Adelaide
    edited December 2022

So far I have never experienced racism here. Australia is very multicultural, so they are quite tolerant of differences. Ang napansin ko, mas racist pa nga ang mga Pinoy and other Asians. I think it's because a lot of Asian countries are quite homogeneous and conservative. I've noticed people who grew up in Western cultures tend to be less rigid, so they aren't bothered if people don't conform, if they even notice. Having said that, you do have to assimilate to the way of life here, and particularly in the work place, the inability to assimilate will be a problem. The reality is that there are immigrants who find it challenging to assimilate.

One thing to consider is that you only need to live here for 4 years on your PR visa to be able to apply for citizenship. You may want to consider aiming for that before you decide if you want to live in the Philippines long-term. Once you have citizenship you can go home with the knowledge that if you ever want to move here when you're older, that door will remain open for you. Additionally, you can pass on citizenship to your future kids as well and that may also open doors for them.

caspersushi24
  • jakibantilesjakibantiles Sydney

You still have time to think about it. You're not required to move agad once you receive your PR visa. You only need to live here for 2yrs sa loob ng 5yrs after ng grant date to keep your visa active. Say add ka ng 1yr allowance, may 2yrs ka pa to really contemplate jan sa Pinas. May colleague ako na nakakuha ng PR visa dito pero never nagstay at nag expire na lang yung visa niya. Nakareceive kasi siya ng magandang offer sa US.

era222

ANZSCO 233512 | Mechanical Engineer | Age: 30, Education: 15, Work Experience: 10, PTE: 20, Spouse: 10, CCL: 5 | State Nom: 5 (NSW)

Lodged Visa 482 | 17 Mar 2020 | Granted 24 Sep 2020 while Offshore
    Travel Exemption | DOA: 08 Oct 2020 | Approved: 12 Oct 2020

Lodged EOI: Visa 190/95pts NSW
    DOE: 23 Dec 2020
    Pre-Invite: 10 June 2021
    ITA: 18 June 2021
    Visa Lodge: 05 Aug 2021
    Medical: 31 Jan 2022
    Visa Grant: 20 Apr 2022

• whimpeewhimpee Posts: 419Member

@mr_righttt said:

@whimpee said:

Possible? Yes. Difficult? Yes also. But that is what's going to make it more fulfilling.

491 Visa: Human Resource Adviser - 223111 (80 points) | Age: 15 | English: 10 | Work: 15 | Education : 15 | Partner : 10 | Nomination: 15
    09 Aug 2016 - VETASSESS Initial, Positive
    03 Jan 2020 - VETASSESS Reassessment, Positive
    29 Jan 2020 - EOI submitted for 491 (NSW) - 65 pts
    10 Feb 2020 - IELTS, Proficient
    15 Feb 2020 - EOI updated - 75 pts
    18 Jan 2022 - VETASSESS Renewal
    14 Oct 2022 - EOI submitted for 491 (NSW) - 80 pts
    10 Nov 2022 - Pre-invite received from NSW, applied on the same day
    18 Nov 2022 - NSW Nomination approved
    21 Nov 2022 - 491 Visa Lodged
    22 Nov 2022 - Submitted Forms 80 and 1221
    25 Nov 2022 - Medical exam and Biometrics
    6 Dec 2022 - Additional medical check requested for 1 dependent
    3 Jan 2023 - Complete health clearance
    5 Jun 2023 - Immi Assessment Commenced email received
    20 Jul 2023 - Visa Grant

• xiaolicoxiaolico Australia

@mr_righttt said:

@whimpee said:

Let me just comment here. I can only speak of melbourne and sydney, not sure sa regional and other states. It is no longer a white australia, it is a multi cultural australia. At least in my experience ha. Mag work ka sa city, I assure you, the trains wont have majority na puti na pasahero. Pag pasok mo sa office, ganun din. halong halo na. Also with the rules in place, if may mga tao pa din na ganun, i don't think mararamdaman mo. takot lang nila paramdam sa yo. again sydney and melbourne to ha. dun pa lang naman ako nakapag work. To add as well, if you feel na magiging 2nd class citizen ka dito and tingin ng tao dito sa yo is inferior. weigh that in din. baka hindi sulit sa yo lumipat. it will all depend talaga sa iniiwan mo na buhay sa pinas. and this is my opinion and my opinion alone ha. au is a move para sa kids, if single ako, di ako aalis ng pinas. all the best and good luck.

irl031816MACINOZ2023Capuccino_2017abaper

Computer Network and Systems Engineer - 263111
    Age 33-39- 25points
    English superior- 20points
    Bachelor's Degree- 15points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

July 25, 2016- Lodged ACS
    August 2, 2016- Favorable letter from ACS
    January 10, 2017- Took PTE
    January 12, 2017- PTE exam results (L90 R86 S90 W79)
    January 12, 2017- EOI
    January 18, 2017- ITA received
    January 19, 2017- NBI (hit)
    January 23, 2017- Visa Lodge 189
    January 24, 2017- Medical bgc
    January 27, 2017- NBI clearance received
    February 2, 2017- Medical cleared (no action required)
    February 15, 2017- Grant
    October 26, 2017- Flight to Melbourne
    October 27, 2017- Landed in Melbourne
    July 14, 2018- Moved to Sydney
    October 11, 2019- Wife gave birth to a baby boy
    October 20, 2019- Applied for baby's birth certificate online
    October 23, 2019- Baby boy's birth certificate received
    October 25, 2019- Applied for baby's medicare
    October 31, 2019- Baby's medicare activated
    October 31, 2019- Applied for baby's citizenship certificate
    November 7, 2019- Received baby's citizenship certificate
    November 13, 2019- Applied for baby's passport
    November 20, 2019- Baby's AU passport received
    November 2, 2021- Submitted AU citizenship application for myself and my wife
    April 14, 2022- Received Interview with Standard Test letter. May 25 schedule.
    May 25, 2022- Passed the Australian Citizenship Test
    May 25, 2022- Citizenship Approval Received
    September 15, 2022- Invitation to Citizenship Ceremony Received
    October 6, 2022- Citizenship Ceremony
    October 18, 2022- AU passport application lodged
    November 7, 2022- Passport received

edited December 2022

Having lived in Sydney and visited Melbourne several times (for several weeks), those metro cities are indeed multicultural. In Brisbane, it's still multicultural to a certain extent, but it's not overrun by Asians unlike Sydney and Melb. Here the population is predominantly white, and it is even more so in regional areas. A Filipino friend who moved to Brisbane from Townsville said there were only a few Asians there, and while she was working there, she felt excluded from her Caucasian colleagues.

I haven't encountered all-out racist attack (like bad enough to be on TV or viral on the internet), but I have encountered racial microaggressions (a Caucasian customer choosing to speak with a Caucasian colleague even though I'm the first person to speak to them; people asking me where I'm from and why I don't have an Australian accent). It only happened a few times so I've ignored it so far, but if you're a sensitive type of person, cities aside from Sydney and Melbourne might not be for you.

jinigirlMACINOZ2023Capuccino_2017abaper

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@mr_righttt said:

@whimpee said:

I disagree that we are 2nd class citizens and about Australians tendency to look at other races as inferior is not true.

The reality is Australia is not a perfect country. Same as other countries including our motherland, Australia and some of its people have imperfections. Kahit san ka magpuntang bansa may discrimination na nangyayare. Australia is just one of the better countries in my opinion.

MACINOZ2023EeOZCapuccino_2017abaper

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,695Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited December 2022

@mr_righttt said:

@whimpee said:

I’ve lived outside Philippines more than half of my life - Australia, Germany, Switzerland and now the UK…..I don’t think it’s a 2nd class citizen syndrome but more a stereotype thing. It’s the same as if you come from any country - there could be that prejudgememt , but not a matter of being second class. You get the same rights and opportunities as anyone else. I think if there’s that 2nd class treatment, that would be more like in Singapore or the Middle East where for example a child will never get the same level if education as a child who’s a citizen of the country, or you’ll never ever have equal rights as the natives of those countries. There’s nothing like that in western countries. I even have more western friends I can relate with vs Filipinos.

In the countries I’ve lived in, I’ve always enjoyed the same rights and privileges like anyone else. I’ve worked through to management level, educated myself further, bought a house, run my own company, utilised the health system, etc - just like anyone of any race.

To be perfectly honest, the 2nd class thing is sadly more prominent in the Philippines where there is that great divide between the rich and the poor. Only the affluents have the voice in society and the under dogs have got no choice but to follow and shut their mouths up. The upper class are entitled and the lower class are oppressed. This system was something I ran away from in the Philippines. I felt boxed up, limited and sheltered because of a certain social status people expect you to maintain. First time I stepped into Australian soil, all of a sudden I felt liberated from that social stigma. Everyone is if equal footing, everyone has to work hard to create a life they want for themselve. The irony of this experience is that one has to step out of the Philippines to embrace simplicity and being grounded.

Being a 2nd class citizen, it’s a matter of perception. If you put yourself lower their level then you’ll feel that way but if you put yourself in the same level as them then you’ll feel you’ll be treated as equal. The key at the end of the day is once you move abroad, make an effort to adjust to their culture, adapt the set of ways they do things. Assimilate yourself within the local community. Don’t even think you’re anyway different and lower than them because of your race…once you’ve done this, you’ll find that this second class treatment is just all in your mind 😉

Capuccino_2017kidfrompolomolokIamTimjakibantilesDreamerGTINKALAWina008abaperirl031816caspersushi24and 6 others.
  • wandergorlwandergorl Dubai

I'm almost in the same situation though I'm an ofw in Dubai. My annual salary will be greater in Dubai and my boss just gave me a tip when I handed in my resignation that our bonus will be doubled next year. But to me, it's not just about the money. Super demanding and high-stress kasi ng work ko. My value is also freedom in the long-term as I like to travel a lot so the best decision is to get to Oz as soon as I can to get citizenship in four years.

IamTimkidfrompolomolokMACINOZ2023TINKALAWispidprik

OZ journey started in 2017 ~ Accountant 221111 (Offshore) - DIY
    Points- 95 (189), 100 (190) , 110 (491)
    Breakdown: Age - 30; English-20; Work-15; Education-15; CCL-5; Single-10
    2016 - Moved to Dubai & met a fellow migrant who encouraged me to migrate to OZ instead of my "American dreams"
    2017 - Started research & gathering docs of past employment in Ph
    2018/2019 - Long break from OZ plan & employment (Traveled five months in SEA mid-2018 bc YOLO)
    2019/2020 - On & off PTE practice (a serious test of focus, perseverance, and patience....)
    22-Jan-2021 - Positive CPAA Skills Assessment (A huge relief and a big hope!! )
    24-Apr-2021 - PTE Superior (3rd take)
    04-Jul-2021 - NAATI CCL passed
    04-Jul-2021 - EOI submitted the same DOE (189)
    15-May-2022 - Created multiple EOI for each state (both 190,491)
    11-Aug-2022 - ROI application for VIC 190
    01-Sep-2022 - Received SA pre-invite 491 & same day lodged (crybaby when I saw the golden email)
    08-Sep-2022 - Nomination approval & Skillselect ITA received - 491
    03-Oct-2022 - Received VIC pre-invite 190 (Blessings, blessings!! )
    06-Oct-2022 - Nomination approval & Skillselect ITA received - 190
    10-Oct-2022 - Visa lodged VIC 190 (along with NBI clearance, dxb police clearance, form 80 & 1221)
    15-Oct-2022 - Medical exam
    24-Oct-2022 - Medical cleared -No action required
    07-Nov-2022 - Visa Granted (No CO contact) VIC190
    10-Feb-2023 - Resigned at work in Dubai
    Mar to Apr 2023 - Back to pinas & traveling 2 months in Thailand for career break
    02-May-2023 - Big move in Melbourne

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,695Member, Administrator, Moderator

@mr_righttt said:
    Good day.

Is it worth it - of course it is! The initial struggles are real - the uncertainty and adjustments of making it there, no joke but once you made it through and get settled, you won’t even imagine going back. Been there done that….I had the same questions myself. It was much easier to stay and enjoy a comfortable life which my parents have provided but then I thought life wasn’t just about that. You need to make it yourself. Yes, life can be much comfortable in the Philippines. Until now at times it’s still evident in me but the amount of growth and learning I gained by living abroad which I would have not experienced otherwise by staying in the Philippines is so much valuable as I look back now. I do think it made me a better person.

There was a point in my journey where I was tempted to stay in the Philippines but then I thought to myself, I have more to lose if I don’t pursue Australia. I had to give it a try so one day I won’t have this what if question. I knew Philippines will always be there in case things didn’t work out for me. True enough, when I look back, I consider my decision to leave as a turning point in my life. It opened a lot of opportunities not just for me but for my children. I would have not done things any other way. Also, in the years I’ve been working as a migration agent, I’ve not known if anyone who regretted moving to Australia.

At times, my husband and I find ourselves confused of options where to live - Germany, Switzerland, UK, Australia, NZ….my husband (not Filipino) and I would at times complain how crappy the system here in the UK is…then I had to remind myself, these are luxury problems we have. I’m kept grounded knowing that there are actually a lot out there who would want to be in my place - I had to remind my husband this since as we all know, growing up in Philippines, you see poverty right in front of our eyes - western people didn’t….so with just fine tuning the perspective, I am then reminded of gratitude, and then we stop complaining and start appreciating what life has to offer for us.

If you’ve got the opportunity to make it to Australia just think of those who will do anything to get that opportunity then you’ll start valuing it. Unfortunately, I’m sure everyone here will agree - getting the best education and having the most comfortable life in the Philippines are not enough to secure a better future for you and your future children. This life time decision isn’t just for you but the family you will create in your future.

jakibantileskidfrompolomolokera222MACINOZ2023abaperTINKALAWirl031816caspersushi24StbMTAujinigirland 4 others.
  • jcrdreamjcrdream Philippines

Sir, 28 ka pa lang—that's so young! If there's a better time to take a big risk, it's at this point in life where you have no commitments and responsibilities besides yourself. And if ang root ng fear mo is the possibility of failure, take comfort in the fact na the earlier you fail, the earlier you can find out what's right for you, pivot, and stand back up.

Sobrang totoo ng "I knew Philippines will always be there in case things didn’t work out for me" ni Ma'am. If things don't come your way in Australia, you can always go back to familiar terrain sa PH. You'll probably even get good standing dahil sa kultura natin, international experience of any kind is viewed quite highly. Even just having been able to live in Australia is already something valuable dito. So sa tingin ko, even if you end up "failing" in Australia, you will have gained something you can bring back to gain advantage in the PH.

When I get trapped in my comfortable bubble thinking I'll stay here na lang kasi I live a life that's more comfortable than most of my peers, I try to view overseas opportunities from the POV of those peers. It gets me out of that bubble right away. It works for me kasi madalas ang source of hesitation ko lang naman talaga ay I'm scared to go out of my comfort zone.

And personal opinion: Money as an end is pointless. Chances are, once you get that money, you'll seek something more. I think money is always better as a means to an end. Sabi nga ni Lisa ng Blackpink, "Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant". :D

Sir, I would pay hundreds of thousands to get to the stage you are in now! A 189 visa nearing grant! 189 pa man din ang top-tier visa, malaya ka sa Australia—not tied to a state or a region. Good luck!!!

MACINOZ2023lunarcatina008TINKALAWcaspersushi24jinigirlJoninhoCapuccino_2017mikelleispidprik
  • jcrdreamjcrdream Philippines

Isipin mo na rin sir, kung may maganap sa mundo in x years' time (knock on wood), having two countries to legally stay/live/work in is always better than one—lalo na if one of those is a Western country that's closely tied to big political players! Hehe. Yun ang motivator ko talaga :D

MACINOZ2023
  • lunarcatlunarcat Posts: 376Member

You have this opportunity in your hands that some people have been wanting to have. All blood and sweat pero di parin makuha2. Saken nalang yong visa mo kase gusto ko talaga mag stay dito!! Hahahahaha!! Kidding aside, you are very lucky 😊 Anyway, follow your heart really depende na din sa purpose mo sa Life 😊

era222jinigirlispidprik

ANZSCO 261111 ICT Business Analyst | 189 - 75 | 190 (NSW) - 80 | 419 (NSW) - 90
    Oct 2019 - Started my journey to 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺 as a SV holder (Diploma and Adv. diploma of IT)
    Feb 2020 - Arrived in Au - Thank you Lord!
    Oct 2022 - Granted Visa TSS 482 (Medium stream)
    Jun 2023 - Start of my PR journey (Thank you, Lord para sa biyaya and opportunity!)
    15 June 2023 - Consulted IMES and Immi Visa
    22 June 2023 - Submitted all documents for ACS Skills Assessment
    05 July 2023 - Submitted additional doco to IMES
    27 July 2023 - Lodged ACS Assessment
    08 Sept 2023 - PTE (Proficient)
    25 Oct 2023 - Received ACS positive result after 13 weeks
    27 Oct 2023 - EOI Lodgement
    30 Oct 2023 - Corrected EOI for work experience claimed points
    --Waiting for pre-invite--

• _sebodemacho_sebodemacho Melbourne, VIC

Sobrang convinced ka na ba @mr_righttt na mag tuloy sa Oz? HAHAHAHHAA, dami na namin nasabi oh. Sabi sayo e, sobrang ganda ng sitwasyon mo, people would absolutely trade places with you right now.

Banggitin ko lang ito (since you mentioned kaka break nyo lang nung jowa mo), yung love life, darating yan brad. Haha! You will move on, sigurado kami dyan lahat. Focus on yourself na lang muna. Best of luck! ;)

ispidprik

DIY all the way. Avoid preachy, know-it-all, and unscrupulous agents AT ALL COSTS!

"We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams." - Les Brown

261312 (Developer Programmer) - Main | 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) - Wife

189 (95), 190 (100)

14 Nov | BIG MOVE
    01 Nov | HIRED | First day of work. Remote working arrangement from SG
    --- Trying my luck at job hunting while in Singapore and BM planning on the side ---
    19 Apr | Direct Visa Grant | What a journey... JUST GRATEFUL!

2022 - Pandemic Eases Off

17 Nov | Medical Test Clearance
    15 Nov | Medical Test
    03 Nov | EOI #4, #6 | 189 Withdrawn, 190 NSW Withdrawn
    03 Nov | Visa Application | 190 VIC --- THE REAL WAITING GAME BEGINS!!!
    31 Oct | ITA | 190 VIC | never thought this day would come!!! T.T good decision to defer NSW nomination.
    27 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 NSW --- sabi nila, when it rains, it pours!!!
    26 Oct | Nomination Application | 190 VIC
    26 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 VIC --- one step closer, sa wakas, PADAYON!!!
    21 Oct | EOI #4, #5 + ROI, #6 DoE | 189, 190 VIC, 190 NSW
    21 Oct | ACS Assessment (Wife) Renewal - Suitable
    xx Mar| EOI#1, #2, #3 | 189 Expired, 190 NSW Expired, 190 VIC Expired

2021 - Pandemic Still

25 Sep | ACS Assessment (Main) Renewal - Suitable
    01 Feb | EOI#4 DoE | 189

2020 - Pandemic

19 Aug | EOI#1, #2, #3 DoE | 189, 190 NSW, 190 VIC
    30 Jul | NAATI CCL Online Test | Result: Passed
    09 Mar | PTE (Wife) | Results: L90 R80 S90 W82 (Superior)
    19 Feb | PTE (Main) | Results: L90 R83 S90 W82 (Superior)
    12 Feb | ACS Assessment (Wife) - Suitable | Expired

24 Oct | ACS Assessment (Main) - Suitable | Expired

--- Tons of research, document collection and other necessary preparations ---
    01 Sep | The Beginning | Had the chance to visit Oz, and immediately fell in love with it!

• ReenoahReenoah Posts: 71Member

I'm already at mid 30s, if given the chance, I would've start the process around your age.
    May pros and cons din yung situation mo kasi you are already a boss and earning decent (1M/ 500k a month) is already a good leverage for your future.

Yes - may onting racism sa foreign land, that's natural. Pinas lang ata yung ang tingin sa foreigner eh higher or upper class, still using Sir and Maam and bilib sa mga puti or singkit but anyway, pag napapanood ko lang yung traffic, crimes, unfairness sa justice system, palakasan, kapit, etc.. parang walang laban yung mga normal na taong tulad natin sa sarili nating bayan. (own opinion ko lang naman)

Cguro pang push talaga yung Security and Peace of Mind. Pwede ka pa din naman mag retire sa pinas or come back early and do business with more experience/exposure/capital.

all the best and balitaan mo kami sa susunod na kabanata ng buhay ni Mr right.

jinigirlMACINOZ2023

On this note as well, I do not want to sway you to any direction. I think this is a decision you yourself will have to make. Either way, madami may gusto makipag palit sa yo na taga pinas to have your 189 visa. I am sure madami din gusto makipag palit sa yo na mga taga AU na gusto bumalik ng pinas and earn 500k to 1M a month gross php sa pinas. Agree ako sa nag sabi na hindi naman mawawala pinas, puwede ka bumalik anytime. I heard this sa isang movie, and as a person na malayo edad sa yo, I will leave you with this na lang. People tend to regret more the things that they did not do compared to the things that they did do. Cheers

jakibantilesjinigirlsabina12MACINOZ2023ispidprik

Age 33-39- 25points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

January 12, 2017- EOI
    February 15, 2017- Grant

• ga2auga2au NSW
    edited December 2022

Ive been living in Singapore po for 10 years, and weve learn to live as the 2nd class. Dito kasi priority talaga citizen at PR interms of everything, work school medicals benifits which ia understandable naman. Pero not all Singaporean ganito magtrato. Some lang talaga. Lahat nh bansa meron, pero ounta ka kung san tingin mo secure ka and ung future mo. Family of three kami, pero hndi ko nakita ni minsan na may future kami dito sa SG. Specially for my kid.

232412- Illustrator | Total: 65

2018 Oct- Lodged VETASSESS application
    2018 Dec- PTE Test
    2018 Dec- Proficient
    2019 Mar- VETASSESS Positive Outcome
    2019 Jun- Created EOI for NSW
    2019 Jun- Applied SA 489
    2019 Aug- Invitation to apply from SA 489
    2019 Aug- Lodge Visa Application SA 489
    2019 Sep 09- Medical
    2019 Sep 11- Medical deferred
    2019 Oct 19- Start TB treatment
    2019 Oct 21- Pre-invite from NSW 190
    2019 Oct 26- Invitation to apply from NSW Visa 190
    2019 Oct 24- Pre-invite from ACT 190 ( Didn't pursue it because lack of job opportunities)
    2019 Nov 10- Lodge NSW Visa 190
    2020 Jan - Withdrawn Visa 489
    2020 Apr 16- Finished TB treatment ( yey! )
    2020 Jun 08-Sputum results negative
    2020 Jun 12-Panel physician sent emedical ( Awaiting for clearance )
    2020 Jun 23 -Medical Health cleared ( Sa wakas Praise God! )
    2020 Jun 23 -Frontload Form 815_Health undertaking
    2022 Aug 22 - CO Contacted me for new Medicals, PCC and Form 80
    2022 Sept 7 - Uploaded requested documents.
    2022 Nov 25- Golden Grant!

@ga2au said:
    Ive been living in Singapore po for 20 years, and weve learn to live as the 2nd class. Dito kasi priority talaga citizen at PR interms of everything, work school medicals benifits which ia understandable naman. Pero not all Singaporean ganito magtrato. Some lang talaga. Lahat nh bansa meron, pero ounta ka kung san tingin mo secure ka and ung future mo. Family of three kami, pero hndi ko nakita ni minsan na may future kami dito sa SG. Specially for my kid.

On this note, share ko lang. AU na din, not important yung ethnicity, pero citizen at PR malaki edge. Madaming jobs, well I can say most will require yung PR visa. Again, NSW and VIC pa lang na-try ko mag work. PR na ko when I got here, lahat ata ng jobs na I applied for hiningan ako ng PR visa.

MACINOZ2023mikelle

Age 33-39- 25points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

January 12, 2017- EOI
    February 15, 2017- Grant

• MLBSMLBS Manila

@xiaolico said:

@ga2au said:
    Ive been living in Singapore po for 20 years, and weve learn to live as the 2nd class. Dito kasi priority talaga citizen at PR interms of everything, work school medicals benifits which ia understandable naman. Pero not all Singaporean ganito magtrato. Some lang talaga. Lahat nh bansa meron, pero ounta ka kung san tingin mo secure ka and ung future mo. Family of three kami, pero hndi ko nakita ni minsan na may future kami dito sa SG. Specially for my kid.

On this note, share ko lang. AU na din, not important yung ethnicity, pero citizen at PR malaki edge. Madaming jobs, well I can say most will require yung PR visa. Again, NSW and VIC pa lang na-try ko mag work. PR na ko when I got here, lahat ata ng jobs na I applied for hiningan ako ng PR visa.

True on this. Nung nag apply ako before nakalagay talaga sa job description 'Must be an Australian resident or permanent resident'. Dun palang nafilter ka na hahaha. On a lighter note, Aussies are friendly people. Uso small talk dito kahit nakatayo lang ako sa bus stop or sa mall. Sa US this will be a weird thing to do haha

MACINOZ2023

233411 Electronics Engineer (Age-30, Educ-15,English proficiency-20, NAATI - 5, Single, - 10 Relative sponsorship - 15)
    95 pts total
    2017*****
    June 3, 2017 = Graduated from College
    July 8, 2017 = Took IELTS GT
    July 21, 2017 = received IELTS results (LRWS = 8/9/7.5/7)
    August 11, 2017 = Lodged EA assessment (Fast track)
    September 6, 2017 = Received positive EA assessment, lodged EOI (489 Family sponsored - 60 pts)
    September 21, 2017 = Took PTE exam
    September 22, 2017 = Received PTE results (LRSW- 90/90/90/90), lodged 189 EOI (60 pts), updated 489 FS EOI (70 pts)
    September 26, 2017 = Lodged 190 EOI (NSW) 65 pts
    2018*****
    1 year wait... still no EOI invite. Decided to pursue student visa instead

Course: Cert IV and Diploma - Work Health and Safety (DNA Kingston)

October 15, 2018 = offer letter from school
    November 8, 2018 = Medical exam (St. Lukes)
    November 20, 2018 = Paid for tuition
    Novemeber 28, 2018 = Received COE
    December 2, 2018 = Lodged visa, after 1 min, granted!
    2019*****
    Feb 4 2019 = arrived to Perth
    2020*****
    Jan 2020 = Age increased to 30 pts
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Jan 26 2020 = Results for NAATI (passed) +5 pts
    Jan 27 2020 = lodged EOI 491 Family
    Feb 10 2020 = invited finally!
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged
    Oct 30 2023 = 191 granted

@MLBS said:

@xiaolico said:

@ga2au said:

True on this. Nung nag apply ako before nakalagay talaga sa job description 'Must be an Australian resident or permanent resident'. Dun palang nafilter ka na hahaha. On a lighter note, Aussies are friendly people. Uso small talk dito kahit nakatayo lang ako sa bus stop or sa mall. Sa US this will be a weird thing to do haha

Hehe, pero I guess ok na din. At least pag PR ka, pantay ka na din sa citizen. And in some weird way, pag matagal ka na dito, medyo naiitindihan mo na why most jobs would require a PR visa or a citizen. Not because those people are better, ang daming sensitive data talaga. Mas madali ka huntingin if PR or citizen ka if may kinalat ka na data :)

caspersushi24MACINOZ2023

Age 33-39- 25points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

January 12, 2017- EOI
    February 15, 2017- Grant

@xiaolico said:

This is so true; may advantage talaga pag citizen/PR when it comes to professional jobs. From a business standpoint, companies prefer to hire citizen/PR because of full work rights and they can potentially stay in the job for a long time. It takes a lot of time, effort, and money to train new employees, so they want to hire someone who won't have to leave the country after, say, 1-2 years, otherwise they have to repeat the hiring process all over again (it's cheaper to retain talent instead of hiring new ones frequently). Internship opportunities are also targeted towards citizen/PR because it's their "feeder" program, meaning interns can potentially be hired by the company for the graduate program (entry-level job after graduating from uni).

IamTim

• cres_strikercres_striker Posts: 6Member

Hi guys, if you already have visa go for it. I can assure you Australia is better than our homeland or any other countries i think. Bago lang din kme dito, we came here during the pandemic. This is a very fair country, with real democracy not flawed. friendly ang mga tao, they say sorry very often even minor things. Racism? trust me kabayan pa natin ang mas racist and other asian. If someone racially attacks you, you can call the police, they take it seriously. Opportunities? There's no need for elaboration, if you want to be a builder or contractor here you can study in TAFE free of charge if PR ka, then you can get your license as a builder. Construction here is a billion dollar industryand very high demand. Jobs? Australia has labor shortage, if you have the right attitude trabaho mag hahanap sau, some employers will not look at your skills, they are interested in your attitude. Yan napansin ko d2. And of course lastly social services are free, health care, etc. If f#### up, government will give you ayuda hangang mka balik ka on your feet again. I can understand your hesitation i been there too😂

era222EeOZmikelleIamTimjinigirlga2auStbMTAu