Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (Step by step)

Comments

• appledeuceappledeuce Sydney
    Kumusta po sa lahat. :)

Here's my background:
    BS Statistics grad (UP)
    +5 years experience in IT
    Aunt (PR in OZ) will finance my studies (till I'm able to pay her back after grad, hopefully hehe)

I will be applying for subclass 573 via SVP. I just submitted my international student application online (Victoria University - BS I.T.) earlier today, pending IELTS which I will be taking on Dec 7.

Since IELTS results take 14 days, that means I will only be able to complete my university application on Dec. 21, and then lodge my 573 application around the first week of Jan 2014.

Realistically speaking, tingin nyo po makakahabol pa po kaya ako sa Feb 2014 intake? Ako lang po ang kasama sa application.

Maraming salamat po.

In the meantime, magbackread muna ako. Nakakaaliw magbasa ng success stories and hopefully I can also learn a few things from those who weren't quite lucky on their first attempt

Good luck and God bless everyone. :)

Student Visa 573 (SVP) Timeline:
    28 Nov 2013 - submitted int'l student application to Victoria Uni
    20-21 Dec 2013 - sat IELTS Academic module exam
    03 Jan 2014 - received IELTS scores (L:8.5 R:8.0 W:8.0 S:8.0 OBS:8.0)
    07 Jan 2014 - undertook medical exam at NHSI Makati
    16 Jan 2014 - received unconditional offer from VU
    13 Feb 2014 - paid 1st sem tuition fees; received e-COE from VU
    13 Feb 2014 - lodged visa application at PIASI
    17 Feb 2014 - received visa grant via email (thank you, Lord!)
    21 Feb 2014 - first day in OZ
    24 Feb 2014 - first day of classes
    19 June 2015 - last of day classes!
    06 Aug 2015 - received Letter of Completion from uni
    14 Oct 2015 - Graduation :D

Journey to PR:
    07 Aug 2015 - submitted skills assessment to ACS (261311 - Analyst Programmer)
    12 Aug 2015 - received positive skills assessment result from ACS
    12 Aug 2015 - submitted EOI for 189 (60 points), 190 (NSW-65 points), 489 (state and relative sponsored - 70 points)
    29 Oct 2015 - received ITA for NSW State Nomination
    03 Nov 2015 - submitted application for NSW State Nomination
    19 Nov 2015 - received NSW SN approval and ITA for 190 visa
    01 Dec 2015 - lodged 190 application
    14 Dec 2015 - health exam at BUPA Melbourne
    15 Dec 2015 - Initial (and hopefully final) CO contact, asking for PCC
    22 Dec 2015 - submitted Australian PCC and NBI Clearance
    16 Feb 2016 - received 190 PR visa grant

Citizenship:
    Date applied: 27 March 2018
    Date received the acknowledgement email: 27 March 2018
    Received test invite: 11 Feb 2019 for 25 March 2019 (rescheduled to 25 Feb)
    Citizenship Approval: 11 March 209
    Received Ceremony Invitation: 24 May 2019
    Date of Ceremony: 25 June 2019

• janinleejaninlee Sydney
    Happy sunday :
    Hi all!

I just tried to calculate the payment I need for OSHC. All this time I was looking at the wrong commas so I was surprised to see the cheapest for a couple is almost Php120,000. It's quite a big amount for me. Anyway, God will make a way.

I would just like to ask your comments or suggestions on OSHC payments. Which one to take and how to pay successfully. Or baka may nagpapautang nang mga ganyan? hehehe

Thanks! :)

BUPA daw ang mas mura po.. :)

SVP Subclass 573 with dependent
    January 2014- arrived Australia
    March 2014- Classes start
    December 2015- finished uni.
    December 2015- Lodged subclass 485 visa, Medical exams cleared.
    February 2016- 485 Visa Granted
    March 2016- skills assessment application submitted
    May 4 2016- positive skills assessment
    May 16 2016- Lodged EOI (60 points)
    May 24 2016- ITA subclass 189
    June 4 2016- lodged subclass 189
    June 14 2016- CO allocation (team Adelaide)
    ***********waiting for the golden GRANT*********

To God be the glory!!

• shyla_guccisshyla_guccis Quezon City
    I'm a silent lurker on this thread and I learned a lot from you guys. Just want to ask what does PIASI do? I read from the internet that they provide services like visa lodgement and courier. I received a text message from them pero putol yung message kaya di ko malaman kung about ba sa visa application ko ung content ng message at walang number kaya hindi ko sila macall back. Should I call their Call Center Inquiry line? Nakareceived din ba kayo ng text message from them?

I'm a bit worried now....
  • sorbetesatpatatassorbetesatpatatas Quezon City
    @amedina kaya nga super mahal..kung sakali kc uncle q magsponsor sken. dapat ko ngang makeri ung 7. wag lang aq kakabahan. :))
  • guro_akoguro_ako Sydney
    @shyla_guccis meaning may result na yung application mo. if you have an agent, sa agent mo ipapadala yung result of your application
    “I must say a word about fear. It is life's only true opponent. Only fear can defeat life. It is a clever, treacherous adversary, how well I know. It has no decency, respects no law or convention, shows no mercy. It goes for your weakest spot, which it finds with unnerving ease. It begins in your mind, always ... so you must fight hard to express it. You must fight hard to shine the light of words upon it. Because if you don't, if your fear becomes a wordless darkness that you avoid, perhaps even manage to forget, you open yourself to further attacks of fear because you never truly fought the opponent who defeated you.”
    ― Yann Martel, Life of Pi

To God be the glory!!

• Siopao23Siopao23 North Ryde
    Kumusta po sa lahat. :)

Here's my background:
    BS Statistics grad (UP)
    +5 years experience in IT
    Aunt (PR in OZ) will finance my studies (till I'm able to pay her back after grad, hopefully hehe)

I will be applying for subclass 573 via SVP. I just submitted my international student application online (Victoria University - BS I.T.) earlier today, pending IELTS which I will be taking on Dec 7.

Since IELTS results take 14 days, that means I will only be able to complete my university application on Dec. 21, and then lodge my 573 application around the first week of Jan 2014.

Realistically speaking, tingin nyo po makakahabol pa po kaya ako sa Feb 2014 intake? Ako lang po ang kasama sa application.

Maraming salamat po.

In the meantime, magbackread muna ako. Nakakaaliw magbasa ng success stories and hopefully I can also learn a few things from those who weren't quite lucky on their first attempt

Good luck and God bless everyone. :)
    Depende po yan, kasi nakalagay sa processing time for student visa would be upto 90 days, though meron nakakakuha agad in10 days depende sa dami ng work ng CO

"IF YOU ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT".

John 14:14

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

• babezerothreebabezerothree Mandaluyong
    @siopao23: kuya, kamusta ka naman jan sa Aussie? :) Anyway, nakapag relodge na po pala ako last Friday, sana mahawakan agad ng CO at wala na sanang add docs, completo naman na lahat ng pinasa ko. Crossed fingers! :D
    @siopao23: kuya, kamusta ka naman jan sa Aussie? :) Anyway, nakapag relodge na po pala ako last Friday, sana mahawakan agad ng CO at wala na sanang add docs, completo naman na lahat ng pinasa ko. Crossed fingers! :D
    ok naman dito. malamig pa din. umuulan paminsan minsan. good yan. sabayan mo ng puro dasal dapat walang mintis yan. will praying for the grant of your visa

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

edited November 2013
    God is good all the time, All the time God is good!

To God be the glory!!

• babezerothreebabezerothree Mandaluyong
    ok naman dito. malamig pa din. umuulan paminsan minsan. good yan. sabayan mo ng puro dasal dapat walang mintis yan. will praying for the grant of your visa
    @siopao23 - nice naman kuya. Start na ba classes mo? Anyway, humingi pa ba ng add docs ang CO mo kuya nung nagrelodge ka? And diba almost 8days lang after mo magrelodge e na-grant ka na? Biglaang grant notice nanlang ba natanggap mo?
    @siopao23 - nice naman kuya. Start na ba classes mo? Anyway, humingi pa ba ng add docs ang CO mo kuya nung nagrelodge ka? And diba almost 8days lang after mo magrelodge e na-grant ka na? Biglaang grant notice nanlang ba natanggap mo?
    Oo start na , late na nga ako pumasok eh. Pina update lang nila yung CoE kasi nga start na classes ko wala pa yung visa. Yun lang. Oct 26 na lodge, oct 28 nila narecieve tpos nov 13 grant ang visa

• ten2sixten2six Sydney
    @guro_ako: hi! Pm sent. Thanks! :)

My OZ Journey

573 Student Visa - Master of Health Science
    May 2013 - IELTS
    June 2013 - Application, enrolment to UWS
    July 2013 - Application lodged thru AMS
    Sep 2013 - Medical examinations at NHSI
    Oct 2013 - 573 Visa grant!

189 Independent Skilled - Medical Laboratory Scientist
    Aug 2013 - Applied for assessment (AIMS)
    Sep 2013 - Positive assessment - Med. Lab. Technician
    Mar 2014 - AIMS examination for Med. Lab. Scientist
    23 Apr 2014 - IELTS result (R-8.5, L-9.0, W-7.0, S-8.5)
    02 May 2014 - EOI submitted (65 pts)
    14 May 2014 - Application lodged
    13 Jun 2014 - CO allocated (Adelaide GSM Team 23)
    17 Jun 2014 - Medical examination
    22 Jul 2014 - Visa grant!

Thank you to the One above.

• guro_akoguro_ako Sydney
  • shyla_guccisshyla_guccis Quezon City
    @guro_ako thanks po.. I got an email from IDP about my visa was approved. Salamat po sa information..
    @guro_ako thanks po.. I got an email from IDP about my visa was approved. Salamat po sa information..

congrats!!

:D

To God be the glory!!

• danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    Helloy guys...kumusta na kayo....anyway good luck sa mga nag antay pa ng kanilang visa...just pray hard.....

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010

• danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    Just an update..matatapos na si mrs sa masters nya next semester kaya hindi na kami magbabayad ng 9k dollars for her second semester (thanks be to God) then mag professional year na siya to get that additional 5 migration points in preparation sa application for PR...hopefully everything will be good....

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010

Congratulations

Just an update..matatapos na si mrs sa masters nya next semester kaya hindi na kami magbabayad ng 9k dollars for her second semester (thanks be to God) then mag professional year na siya to get that additional 5 migration points in preparation sa application for PR...hopefully everything will be good....
    Thats great! Congratulations.

• Jethro1287Jethro1287 North Ryde
    Hi All, this might be an off topic kasi I can't find the right thread for the question.( Sorry Admins)

Is it possible to apply for Tourist Visa first then once I get there in Au saka ako mag enroll/apply for student visa?
    jethro1287 i think hindi na. Basahin mo yung Fact Sheet 52b—Waiving Visa Condition 8503: 'No Further Stay sa website ng immigration ng au

jethro1287 i think hindi na. Basahin mo yung Fact Sheet 52b—Waiving Visa Condition 8503: 'No Further Stay sa website ng immigration ng au
    Sir, thanks for the answer binasa ko yun Fact Sheet 52b. Hmm, is it possible na while I'm in tourist visa then andyan ako sa Au I'll have someone on behalf of me to initiate the Student Visa application dito sa pinas?
    jethro1287 hindi ata pwede, pero dont quote me. Bakit hindi ideretso mo ng student visa?

Sorry for that quote sir. Nabasa ko na sir most of the fact sa Aus site. Dretso ko nalang ng student less completed pa. Thanks much!
  • ziazia Sydney
    hello po...sa mga nagrant na ng student visa, ok lang po ba na 1way lang kuning na tiket?
    tsaka may alam po ba kayong travel and tours na pwede magpa book na mkakamura?(sensya na po dami tanong)
    thankyou sa makakasagot po...=)
    hello po...sa mga nagrant na ng student visa, ok lang po ba na 1way lang kuning na tiket?
    tsaka may alam po ba kayong travel and tours na pwede magpa book na mkakamura?(sensya na po dami tanong)
    Sa tingin ko one way lang. How many mos./yrs duration ang study mo pala? Diretso ka na lang pa-book sa PAL wag ka na mag trabel and tours kasi sa pagkakaalam ko may patong talaga sila sa price ng ticket.. :D

To God be the glory!!

• asdfghjklqwertyasdfghjklqwerty Melbourne
    Hi! Sa mga nasa Aussie na or anyone who got their visas na, can somebody PM me a sample format of a statutory declaration/affidavit of support for those whose sponsors are in Australia? Please and thank you so much.
    Hi! Sa mga nasa Aussie na or anyone who got their visas na, can somebody PM me a sample format of a statutory declaration/affidavit of support for those whose sponsors are in Australia? Please and thank you so much.
    Kung galing ng australia yung sponsor mo, may sarili silang form na ginagamit eh

Pwedeg one way lang ginawa ko na sya though nag pagawa ako ng virtual booking na pabalik at no additional cost. Pwedeng diretso ka na ng airline company para mura though pagkakaalam ko hindi pa kasama ung travel tax dun so pagdating mo ng airport babayad ka nun, ganito gawin mo mag scout ka ng travel agency at sa airline company and compare. Kasi ganun ginawa ko para makamura ka talaga