Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Which Visa is best for my situation?

oauiiioauiii Kuala LumpurPosts: 7Member
Hello po mga kaibigan,

I am currently 24 years old, but I am planning to apply for the VISA on my birthday this year on June. I would be 25 years old by then to reach the "prime" age bracket.

I have not gone yet to Australia and this is my first time applying.

I have worked for 10 months on the Philippines.
I am currently working in Malaysia and will be 17 months here by the time I apply on June.
So that's a total of 27 months (2.25 years) of experience as a Network Engineer (IT).

I have not took my IELTs yet but I just assume I could get a score of 7.

I studied a 5 years course for Bachelors of Electronics and Communications in the Philippines.

I have been searching for types of VISA and I have found some that are alike and I am confused which is the best for my situation. Some has requirements that I must have worked within Australia for at least 1 year which is impossible as I have not been there yet.

Kind sirs/madams, please help me in recommending the best VISA and even give your opinion if I should apply now given my current situation. The fact I have quite less experience gives me doubt whether I should apply or not.

Thank you for all who may assist me.

(By the way, I am amazed to see this forum with very helpful details to Filipinos. Proud to be Pinoy!) Hehe...

Comments

• JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    for regional and independent skilled visa you need at least 4 years of job experience, im guessing the only way for you is a student visa

Google for Everything !!!

• oauiiioauiii Kuala Lumpur
    Thanks for your insights JCsantos.

By the way, I was also inquiring someone from the Australian Immigration and he said I could apply for a "Permanent Resident" Visa if I had 2 years experience.

"I have reviewed your CV and we can start the process as soon as you have 24 months of work experience as network engineer."

He was not able to mention which specific VISA and I was not able to contact him since. Do you know of such VISA?
  • moonwitchbleumoonwitchbleu Sydney
    hi @oauiii if your work experience is on network engineer then you need to have your work assessed by ACS. The new rule of ACS states that 2-4 years of experience will be deducted for your education to be accredited. So if you only have 2.25 years work experience what will be left after deduction is 0.25 years. And I think min. of 3 years is required 189/190 visa.

Feb 02, 2012 - Skill Assessment submission to ACS
    Mar 23, 2013 - IELTS Result - Competent
    Apr 03, 2013 - ACS Assessment Positive
    Apr 06, 2013 - Submitted EOI (190)
    Apr 11, 2013 - Submitted NSW SS (190)
    Apr 16, 2013 - NSW SS Acknowledgment email received
    July 01, 2013 - NSW SS approval letter received
    July 03, 2013 - Skillselect Invite received
    Aug 14, 2013 - Lodged Visa 190
    Aug 16, 2013 - Upload Docs (including NBI Clearance)
    Aug 25, 2013 - Gave Birth
    Sep 20, 2013 - CO Allocated (GSM Adelaide Team 06)
    Sep 22, 2013 - Informed CO of additional dependent (Baby)
    Oct 04, 2013 - Hubby's Medical Uploaded
    Oct 12, 2013 - Medical Uploaded
    Oct 16, 2013 - SG PCC Collected and Uploaded
    Oct 17, 2013 - Form 1022, Baby's Birth Certificate and Passport sent to CO
    Oct 23, 2013 - Baby is included in eVisa
    Oct 30, 2013 - Baby's Medical Uploaded
    Nov 21, 2013 - VISA GRANT (IED: Aug 2014)
    Feb 08, 2014 - Hubby's initial entry
    Feb 13, 2014 - Hubby's Job Offer
    Feb 18, 2014 - Hubby's First Day High :D
    Apr 23, 2014 - Initial Entry (Baby and Me)
    Feb 04, 2015 - My First day high (Home-based perm position)

Thank you, thank you so much Lord. Life is indeed beautiful :)

Hello @moonwitchbleu

Thanks!
    I have further researched on ACS guidelines from the statement you mentioned and I am curious if maybe I fall on this requirement category:

"If your degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to your nominated occupation, you will require 2 years relevant work experience completed within the past 10 years or 4 years relevantwork experience completed anytime in your past work history"

I took my degree, Electronics and Communications engineering, in La Salle Bacolod and has a major subject dealing on Data Communications, which is Networking's concept.

Is this an acceptable degree or do they just reject degrees that are taken outside their country?

Thanks!
    Hello again,

Sorry, I just read again and ACS could consider vendor certifications (CCNP) as a major degree

"Vendor Certification - The following certifications are accepted by the ACS as comparable to graduate outcomes of an ICT major at the AQF Diploma level"

So I guess I would have no problem with this. But my concern now is the 3 yrs experience you mentioned from the 189 VISA itself. Can I just forfeit this requirement to lose that 5 points?
  • guenbguenb Mandaluyong
    @oauiii hello I know this is from 2years ago but I'm curious to any update on your application? Im also from USLS-Bacolod :)

261111 - ICT Business Analyst
    26|05|15 - Visited Oz
    01|08|15 - IDP PH IELTS
    14|08|15 - (L:8.5 R:8.0 W:6.5 S:8.0 OBS:8.0) Sawi!
    07|09|15 - Remarking, unchanged.
    21|03|16 - Submitted to ACS
    30|03|16 - Assessment result, unsuitable, <4years
    27|09|16 - PTE Academic (L76/R55/S31/W88) Sawi!
    08|10|16 - IDP PH IELTS
    12|10|16 - Re-assessment ACS
    21|10|16 - (L:8.5 R:8.0 W:7.0 S:7.5 OBS:8.0) Better!
    28|10|16 - Assessment result, suitable!
    28|10|16 - Lodged EOI for 190/489 (60/65)
    Preparing for PTE Academic...
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

• garedgared singapore
    hi @guenb, I am currently working on my ACS and I am also from USLS. I am wondering on the list of schools listed, I can see 2 USLS (University of Saint La Salle - level 1 and University of St. La Salle (Bacolod & Roxas) which is level 3. Can I say USLS located in La Salle Ave is level 1? Thanks!