Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (Step by step)

Comments

• dougdoug Mandaluyong
    @danyan2001us sige po. pm nyo po sakin name nya sa fb. aww dumadami na ata ang nag-bbridge kaya ganun? pero sana naman meron pa haha! 457 lang po ba ang possibility para samin?

One step closer!

• PattycorkyPattycorky Mandaluyong
    edited January 2014
    @Pattycorky
    hello sis ...oo kasabay nila pagpunta dito ang 2 kids nila.....oo mahal ang tuition ng mga bata dahil nga pati sila ay international students kaya may dagdag 5,000$ comparing to local residents......
    Ah tlga ang saya nman nun.. Buti hnd nging issue un s GTE. Ang advise kc ng agent ko prang mejo may downside din pla s pgging citizens ng parents in law ko so gsto tlga n paunahin ako at hubby mag apply ng visa tpos pg n approve n ssunod nlng ung kids pra lng sure.. Pero mas gsto sna nmin sabay sabay kc 5y.o. Plang ang eldest ko e tpos 1y.o plang ung bunso Thank u s pgrreply kuya

Subclass 573 Associate Degree
    Bound for Perth by January... Fingers crossed!!!
    June 8, 2013 - took IELTS (R-9,L-8.5,S-8,W-6.5 OBS-8)
    Oct 22, 2013 - submitted docs for assessment
    Oct 30, 2013 - filled out school application
    May 15, 2014 - received revised offer letter from Polytechnic West
    June 5, 2014 - paid tuition fee
    June 18, 2014 - received Coe, requested for Confirmation of placement for my son
    June 23, 2014 - received CoP for my 5yo son

• deealler25deealler25 Rotterdam
    I've done a bad move. Last January 13, 2014 I applied for the visitor's visa because I wanted to visit Australia before my intake (July 2014) starts..<- btw, I've eCOE from my school already but there's still a long time until school starts so I thought it's still too early to apply for student's visa. Only recently did I find out that I can already apply for student's visa and can move to Australia month's before the school's commencement. Regardless, my visitor's visa got denied @_@ they said, I didn't meet the requirements for genuine visit. @_@ My question is..... will this affect my student's visa? :'( Please advice me!!!!

Subclass 600 (Visitor's Visa)

Jan. 13, 2014 = Received a message from PIASI that they have received my application.
    Jan. 18, 2014 = Received a message from PIASI that they have dispatched my passport/documents to be delivered back to me.
    = Received a message from my agent that my visa has been refused for not meeting the requirements for genuine visit. :'(

-------------- taking a second chance -------------------

Subclass 572 (VET = 2-3 months processing)
    Intake: July 28, 2014

Dec. 28, 2013 = Received eCOE from Ozford (Melbourne)
    Jan. 17, 2014 = Inquired for SVP with Uni. of Canberra (Melb. Campus)

• danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    @deealler25 ..just my 2 cents bro/sis....it's hard to tell whether your situation will somehow affect your application since dealing with visa lodgements would always be a case to case basis....yes it would be true that you will have an immigration history (your denied visitor visa application)....just hope and pray that whoever (CO) will deal with your situation not meticulous enough to dig up on this....anyway good luck.....

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010

@Pattycorky ..sis na isip ko rin na mas maganda rin and it would be to your advantage if iiwan mo muna ang mga anak nyo with the following reasons: first sino magbabantay sa mga bagta nyo if mag aaral ka at mag work si hubby mo, then aside from that, i don't exactly know your situation, but in any situaion here in OZ pag bago pa lang kayo ay medyo mahirap maghanap ng work...kaya be sure to bring alogn with you at least 2 or 3 months na baon to survive ...pero kung may mga pamilya na kayo dito na tutulong sa inyo then advantage nyo yan.....good luck....

primary applicant- wife

@deealler25 ..just my 2 cents bro/sis....it's hard to tell whether your situation will somehow affect your application since dealing with visa lodgements would always be a case to case basis....yes it would be true that you will have an immigration history (your denied visitor visa application)....just hope and pray that whoever (CO) will deal with your situation not meticulous enough to dig up on this....anyway good luck.....
    I'm a sis.. :D and thank you for letting me know. Would getting an agent give me a better chance with getting a visa?

Jan. 13, 2014 = Received a message from PIASI that they have received my application.
    Jan. 18, 2014 = Received a message from PIASI that they have dispatched my passport/documents to be delivered back to me.
    = Received a message from my agent that my visa has been refused for not meeting the requirements for genuine visit. :'(

@deealler25 ...if you are not that confident enough to lodge your visa and prepare all the documents, mas maigi kung may agent ka dahil sila ang nakaka alam ano yong mga proper docuemnts na isubmit mo. Pero kung alam mo ang mga documents at ang steps mas maigi huwag ka na mag agent para makakatipid ka. kami ni mrs paglodge namin ng visa namin dito sa OZ hindi na kami nag agent. if icheck mo sa diac (ngayon ay DIBP) website nila andyan ang list ng mga documents at ang steps kung ano ang dapat mong gagawin. good luck sis....

primary applicant- wife

@deealler25 ...if you are not that confident enough to lodge your visa and prepare all the documents, mas maigi kung may agent ka dahil sila ang nakaka alam ano yong mga proper docuemnts na isubmit mo. Pero kung alam mo ang mga documents at ang steps mas maigi huwag ka na mag agent para makakatipid ka. kami ni mrs paglodge namin ng visa namin dito sa OZ hindi na kami nag agent. if icheck mo sa diac (ngayon ay DIBP) website nila andyan ang list ng mga documents at ang steps kung ano ang dapat mong gagawin. good luck sis....
    Thank you! I have no problems on lodging myself, pero I heard from someone that there's a bigger chance for me to get an approved visa if I get an agent. Medyo worried lang kc ako since I have a refused visa. Hopefully they would let that one pass. I think the part where I'm most worried about is making the essay part of why they should give me visa. Meron bang thread for that? I could use some helpful tips for that. :p

@deealler25 ..hindi ko alam if may thread ba yann dito pero i raise mo na rin ung question mo on other threads regarding student visa....yong sa essay naman just express everything why na need mo mag study dito at why ka need na uuwi dyan sa atin......as honestly as you can

primary applicant- wife

Can anyone tell me a bit of overview when it comes to interview. Ano usually mga tinatanong ng CO? Is the interview based solely on your course and study plan?

• Siopao23Siopao23 North Ryde
    Can anyone tell me a bit of overview when it comes to interview. Ano usually mga tinatanong ng CO? Is the interview based solely on your course and study plan?
    Depende sa CO . Pwdeng course o study plan o sponsor o plans mo after or lahat

"IF YOU ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT".

John 14:14

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

• markier87markier87 Perth
    Hi all! Found a Seat Sale from Air Asia for those who are considering to book their flights already.

http://www.airasia.com/ph/en/promotion/rx4820509.page?icid=iac153hpmba

Hopefully their is still more of this when it's my turn to book my flight. 8-> :D

Student Visa - Subclass 574 (SVP) with De Facto Partner
    Temporary Grad Visa - Subclass 485 with De Facto Partner
    Skilled - Permanent - Subclass 189/190 with De Facto Partner
    Australian Citizienship

May 17, 2014 - IELTS Exam (Acad) (L, R, W, S)
    May 30, 2014 - IELTS Results (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-7.5) O- 8.0
    June 27, 2014 - Medicals at NHSI
    July 21, 2014 - Lodged at VFS Cebu
    July 22, 2014 - Received acknowledgment from Embassy
    July 23, 2014 - VISA GRANTED!
    July 30, 2014 - IED in Perth

June 24, 2016 - Submitted WA OQU Assessment
    June 27, 2016 - Received WA OQU Assessment Results - Positive!
    Jan-Apr 2017 - Gather docs for Skills Assessment
    May 10, 2017 - Submitted VETASSESS Application (Online) CHEMIST - 234211
    May 17, 2017 - Got a call from VETASSESS for add'l docs
    May 18, 2017 - Submitted add'l docs requested
    May 26, 2017 - VETASSESS Results - POSITIVE (Chemist)
    Sept 27, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - S
    Sept 30, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - L,R,W
    Oct. 13, 2017 - IELTS Results - (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-9.0) Overall: 8.0

Jan 24, 2019 - Lodged visa 485 (Post-Study Work Stream)
    Feb 01, 2019 - Visa 485 Medicals Done
    Mar 11, 2019 - EOI submitted for subclass 189 (85 pts) and 190 (90 pts)
    Mar 26, 2019 - CO requested docs (visa 485), Updated EOI - (95 pts)
    Apr 08, 2019 - CO requested additional docs (visa 485)
    Apr 11, 2019 - ITA received (visa 189)
    May 09, 2019 - Client Feedback sent (105 days since lodging 485)
    May 14, 2019 - Visa SC 485 refusal - SAD DAY
    May 17, 2019 - AAT appeal lodged online
    June 4, 2019 - Visa SC 189 lodged offshore, AAT appeal dropped
    June 12, 2019 - VA Blood test (medicals done)
    Jan 31, 2020 - SC 189 GRANTED (Direct)
    Feb 11, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for partner)
    Feb 12, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for me) - STILL WAITING
    Mar 25, 2021 - Interview and Test (partner)
    Apr 23, 2021 - Approved (partner)
    TBA - Pledging ceremony (partner)

"To God be the Glory"

• aa777aa777 Mandaluyong
    Ano kaya magandang isagot kung ano plans mo after matapos ng course mo? 572 ako kaya super worried ma gte...
  • aa777aa777 Mandaluyong
    Ano kaya magandang isagot kung ano plans mo after matapos ng course mo? 572 ako kaya super worried ma gte...
    Ito kaya okay lang.." After finishing my intended course, I want to pursue my studies by acquiring a diploma in hospitality and if there is a possibility for me to work in Australia and utilize what I have learned from my studies I will take the chance."

@aa777 iinterviewhin ka ba daw?

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

• mrkjrwlmrkjrwl Mandaluyong
    Hi guyz, may I ask for help. Im planning to re-apply 572 student visa. and im worrying na baka ma refuse nanaman ako. itatanong ko po sana kung ano yung mga specific documents na kalilang sa sponsor. either yung sa bank loan or yung sa cash. please help me. thanks!
    Hi guyz, may I ask for help. Im planning to re-apply 572 student visa. and im worrying na baka ma refuse nanaman ako. itatanong ko po sana kung ano yung mga specific documents na kalilang sa sponsor. either yung sa bank loan or yung sa cash. please help me. thanks!
    Yun ba reason ng refusal? Dapat meron notarized letter na they are willing to sponsor you at may access ka sa funds at anytime kailangan mo. Question kamaganak mo ba ang sponsor mo? Kailangan patunayan na kamaganak mp sila magpapadala sila birth cert , tapos kung san galing ung funds may work ba? Kung meron dapat may cert o employment tpos how much narerecieve nya sa company. Yun mga papers na binigay ko

• aa777aa777 Mandaluyong
    @Siopao23 Hindi naman. Kaso diba may part dun sa form na need mo ianswer few questions... isa dn ano plan mo after mo matapos yung course..
  • findingdbestfindingdbest Mandaluyong
    edited January 2014
    help naman po We applied to student visa with dependents spouse and 3 children. IDP lodged Visa last December 13, 2013 and medical exam sent to embassy last January 8, 2014. Until now, we don't have visa yet. I called the embassy but told me that our visa is in assessment for finalization. Orientation day at the university is on February 26, 2014. Please share your insights on when can we receive our visa. It really drives me crazy everyday. Please help. Thank you.
    @Siopao23 Hindi naman. Kaso diba may part dun sa form na need mo ianswer few questions... isa dn ano plan mo after mo matapos yung course..
    Sagot ko dyan ata kumuha ng bachelors degree

• ferlanieferlanie Dubai
    hello po. nag lodged po ako ng student visa 572 subclass dito sa dubai last December 30,2013 then until now wala pa din akong medical tapos ung intake course ko ngaun February 6 mag start. worry na po kasi ako kasi malapit na unt start ng school
  • janinleejaninlee Sydney
    help naman po We applied to student visa with dependents spouse and 3 children. IDP lodged Visa last December 13, 2013 and medical exam sent to embassy last January 8, 2014. Until now, we don't have visa yet. I called the embassy but told me that our visa is in assessment for finalization. Orientation day at the university is on February 26, 2014. Please share your insights on when can we receive our visa. It really drives me crazy everyday. Please help. Thank you.
    Hi anong visa subclass ka? Under SVP kaba? Kasi in our case ni hubby, we had lodged our visa through SVP. 14 working days lang po from lodgement date may visa grant notice na.Case-to-case basis lang po din yan.. Dont worry po medyo malayo2 pa po intake nyo. And maybe the delayed was due to holidays as what you've written here na dec.13 nakapag-lodge. Darating din po yan. Keep the faith burning.. God bless you!

SVP Subclass 573 with dependent
    January 2014- arrived Australia
    March 2014- Classes start
    December 2015- finished uni.
    December 2015- Lodged subclass 485 visa, Medical exams cleared.
    February 2016- 485 Visa Granted
    March 2016- skills assessment application submitted
    May 4 2016- positive skills assessment
    May 16 2016- Lodged EOI (60 points)
    May 24 2016- ITA subclass 189
    June 4 2016- lodged subclass 189
    June 14 2016- CO allocation (team Adelaide)
    ***********waiting for the golden GRANT*********

To God be the glory!!

• janinleejaninlee Sydney
    hello po. nag lodged po ako ng student visa 572 subclass dito sa dubai last December 30,2013 then until now wala pa din akong medical tapos ung intake course ko ngaun February 6 mag start. worry na po kasi ako kasi malapit na unt start ng school
    Hi po.. Have you got notifications from Au embassy na received na nila ang visa application mo? May agent ka po ba? Better ask your agent regarding this matter or might as well call au embassy directly.. Medyo matagal ma rin kasi.. :D

SVP Subclass 573 with dependent
    January 2014- arrived Australia
    March 2014- Classes start
    December 2015- finished uni.
    December 2015- Lodged subclass 485 visa, Medical exams cleared.
    February 2016- 485 Visa Granted
    March 2016- skills assessment application submitted
    May 4 2016- positive skills assessment
    May 16 2016- Lodged EOI (60 points)
    May 24 2016- ITA subclass 189
    June 4 2016- lodged subclass 189
    June 14 2016- CO allocation (team Adelaide)
    ***********waiting for the golden GRANT*********

To God be the glory!!

@findingdbest ...hello sis....one thing that you can do if medyo malapit na talaga intake ninyo is by asking the school ng extension.....just like sa case ni wifey ko...binigyan siya ng school ng 2 weeks extension dahil delayed yong aming visa refused kasi siya sa umpisa...good luck darating din yan.....

primary applicant- wife

Sagot ko dyan ata kumuha ng bachelors degree

• amedinaamedina Sydney
    @aa777 I just wrote na gusto ko lang mag-aral ng bachelor degree or just to enhance my knowledge in another country. I didn't wrote anything about getting a job because IDP told me na ang focus dapat ay studies. Just tell them that kahit ang totoong intention natin is to work and migrate after completing the degree. :)

11/17/12: passed school application thru IDP * 12/4/12: received letter of offer (univ. of newcastle) * 12/12/12: credit application * 2/22/13: received new letter of offer * 2/26/13: paid deposit fee * 3/8/13: received COE and paid visa fee * 4/10/13: visa application thru IDP * 4/11/13: medical request from DIAC * 4/12/13: medical exam done * 4/19/13: SLEC uploaded my medicals * 4/12/13: medical exam done * 7/11/13: VISA GRANTED

• DeleteRequestDeleteRequest Sydney
    @Siopao23 san ka dito? hit me up. PM sent
    hi will be going to sydney by may hope to get to know you guys :D

• ferlanieferlanie Dubai
    @janinlee from embassy they asked me if already did my medical,sinabi ko sa kanila na wala pa.. they i followed them they told me na wait for the formal letter if it is needed in my case. until now i did not hear from them.
    @Siopao23 san ka dito? hit me up. PM sent
    hi will be going to sydney by may hope to get to know you guys :D

San sa sydney kailan punta mo?

• asdfghjklqwertyasdfghjklqwerty Melbourne
    Hi ask lang ako if meron dito or meron dito may kakilala na-refuse ang visa na IDP student? Thank you! :) I'd like to know lang the chances of refusal kahit may agent.