Pinoy Australia Information Forum
pte voucher

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(30797)

Rebuilding user profile avatar, please refresh the page.

Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (31)

_maldita_archdreamchaserbatmanBemp26Bjanecarlo77ClmOptimistdatch29HMC72Hunter_08jdashJohndAUjsjabaankate26kayenzkykeynkeykindredLawbadguylayao2002leadmeLovellaEllenmarkoy02mcril22MiaMizai01mxv588tnajiepinesflyPotchitochiray1188TasBurrfoot

Top Posters
All time

Top Posters
This Week

Advertisement:

Thank you to all who have signed up on our FREE Webinar. Please mark you calendar and be there on 18th Oct 2018 9pm (Manila Time) . You will receive the Webinar link on your email, please don't forget to check your spam folder.

Student Visa (Step by step)

What's Hot

Comments

• audrey26audrey26 RiyadhTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    @beaj thanks for your reply. If you don't mind me asking, what course are you taking right now? When you said that it won't do you any good, does that mean that you're also studying something that's not included in SOL or in any other occupations list? So does that mean that if I take Graphic Design, there's absolutely no chance of getting a PR? If that's the case, then what does it mean that a graphic designer is included in the CSOL list?

I was just thinking, maybe it's worth the risk than spending years of schooling plus professional experience in the same field in order to get a PR. Does anyone here know how long does it usually take in order to be granted a PR?

I'm sorry for the numerous questions. Relying completely on information gathered from the internet can be quite confusing. Most if not all the time, I find myself more confused than enlightened when it comes understand the visas and processes.
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • jojit05jojit05 SingaporeTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    Mam/sir question po, clarify me po with this one.some said no some say yes. Is it ok po ba pag ang show money namin is naka TIME DEPOSIT? Or do i need to withdraw it and place in a normal bank acount? Thnx po ng madami.
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ljustljust SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 3Member
    I'm taking up Business, and yeah, it's not included in the SOL list. Apparently, if you want to nominate yourself for skilled independent visa (PR) the school and the course you are taking will play a role, I reckon it'll make you go up a notch when your course is included in the hot skills i.e. SOL
    However, in my case, I have a degree in Early Childhood, so right now, all I have to do is have my degree assessed. If it's accredited, I've got better chance to be sponsored by an employer, if by the time I finish my 2 year course, and I don't have a sponsor yet, I can apply for skilled independent, given that I've worked in the education sector here for the 2 years I've spent. My case is a bit complicated kasi, it all boils down to my assessment talaga. I'm pretty sure it'll be accredited or at least a fraction of my subjects would be. If it's not entirely accredited though, then I would shift to children's services which is highly in demand here.

Not really familiar with CSOL, coz I know most people only look at SOL, as I've said in my previous post, these lists change annually. We'll never really know. I'm not saying that you won't be sponsored, what I'm trying to say is go with something that'll give you a likely chance that even if you don't get sponsored by an employer, you can at least apply for a skilled independent visa. Getting a PR here is harder now, I've known some people who have been studying short courses for 4 to 5 years now, just waiting to be sponsored by an employer to get permanent residency.

Think about it. You can continue on with graphic design and if all goes well, you would be sponsored or you could apply for skilled independent. If not, you can always study another course again.
    @beaj Thanks for your reply. I get it now, so the advantage of SOL pala, you can apply for PR even withouth the sponsorship of an Australian company, as opposed to other courses, you have to wait until you can get sponsored, or find a company who will be willing to do so. Correct my if I'm wrong, pero could you apply for PR right after you studies? Provided that that the field you chose is included in the SOL.

Thanks again, this are becoming more clear. I'm definitely more open now to taking another course. Honestly, I'm weighing my options based on the number of years I'll have to spend on it. I want to make a life for myself kasi outside of Saudi Arabia, so I'm determined to do this. At the same time, I want to pursue something that I love. I guess I would really have to invest some years in order to do both. Do you have an idea of how long before a PR is granted if you did take a course that's included in SOL?

Like you said before, we're not getting any younger, so there's this time pressure on me regarding getting a PR and at the same time making a career for myself and of my choice. All the resources are available for me, so this really is the main roadblock that I'm facing. And it doesn't help that I find all these pathways to Australia confusing and overwhelming even. I've had some experience with immigration lawyers and experters before, and I find that often times they get tired when you have so much questions and they end up telling you just check this websites and so and so forth. So I'm really glad that I found this forum. I sure hope there other other who are willing to share their opinions.

• Cheers25Cheers25 MelbourneTotal Reaction Points: 15Member
    @beaj im looking for part time work din, hindi na masyado compare nung una akong dumating, medjo pa spring na, pero dto sa Melb. parang 4 seasons in one day,
    To God be the glory.

Subclass 572 Timeline (2-3 months processing)
    June 13, 2012 - Lodged application via PIASI
    June 19, 2012 - Student acknowledgement letter received
    June 20, 2012 - Medicals @ St. Lukes
    June 25, 2012 - Medical examination results forwarded to the Australian Embassy thru the e-health system
    July 10, 2012 - Additional Information Request
    July 12, 2012 - Picked up additional information
    July 27, 2012 - Visa Granted. Thank you Father God! :)
  • lock_code2004lock_code2004 PerthTotal Reaction Points: 266Member, Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 5,037
    @audrey26 -

if you are applying for PR (independent) after studying, then you will have to take the same route with those applicatns with skills in SOL

the only difference is that you will have more advantage on skill select points, like you have points for education completed in australia..

the whole processing time varies depending on your assessing authority and completing all the requiremens.. example for engineers, assuming you have all your docs ready:
    - Skills Assessment Engineers Australia (assuming you have IELTS results)- average 15 weeks
    - EOI lodgement, waiting for invitation (assuming you have >65pts) - around 2 months
    - Visa Invitation, completion of POlice Clearance. Medical - approx 1 month

So there.. its approximately 6 months for PR independent..

Now if you want to have State Sponsorship, just add this step after EOI lodgement...
    - State Sponsorship (if you want) - approx 1-2 months (some states are faster)

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)
    @audrey26 - as per DIAC, they will stop new applications from 1 January 2013 for these visas:

•Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) Visa (Subclass 886)
    •Skilled – Independent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 885)

- these two are normally the permanent visa for eligible overseas students who have obtained an Australian qualification in Australia as a result of at least two years study and for holders of certain temporary visas with skills in demand in Australia

So starting Jan 1, 2013, just like what i've said in my previous post.. you will apply on the same PR visa type as either Independent (189), or Sponsored (190) via Skill Select..

Mga experienced peeps from AU, please correct me if im wrong..
    THanks!
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    @lock_code2004 thanks for your reply. At least now I'm getting a clearer picture of the pathway that I'm going to take, like what I've mentioned to @beaj, relying on internet information alone can be confusing. So considering all of what you guys told me, taking a course that's included in SOL is the most advantageous if I'm targetting a PR visa.

I was looking at the current SOL and I saw that Architecture is listed there, I'm actually considerting this as the next best thing since it doesn't veer away too much from the creative career that I want for myself. Plus, my father is an architect as well so it may prove to be useful in the future.

I have a question though, if my student visa/ course is say, two years in duration, would I need to apply for some kind of bridging visa in order for me to apply for the PR? If so, what visa would this be?

I would really appreciate inputs from other members as well. But to lock_code2004 and beaj, thank you again.
    @audrey26 - i replied to you on the other thread.. about choosing courses..
    pwede din po ang related occupations sa CSOL.. and then apply for state sponsorship..
  • ljustljust SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 3Member
    @lock_code woah! I totally missed that part abt the changes in 2013. It's getting more complicated now. Bummer.

@Cheers25 here naman it's really spring na. No more winter coldness. Lol Nakakastress maghanap ng work noh. I work as a casual teacher here but i dont get to have jobs everytime Im free. All the jobs are in the northern suburbs, eh sa south ako nakatira. So lilipat nako soon. Hassle din kasi magtravel from south to north, nakakapagod.
    @lock_code woah! I totally missed that part abt the changes in 2013. It's getting more complicated now. Bummer.
    So i think, the next possible option for student visa holders is to apply for Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 485) valid for 18 months..

and then apply for PR visas..189, 190...
    or employer nominated kung meron employer..

please validate kung tama ang interpretation ko..eto po ang link from DIAC:
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/visa-options-inside.htm

For explanation and illustration on:
    Pathways to Permanent Residency for Students (effective Jan1, 2013)

see this link: http://www.visaguide.com.au/articles/student-pr-and-skillselect
  • guro_akoguro_ako SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 1Member
    patanong lang po...paano po ba malalaman kung yung school na pageenrolan ay assessment
    level 1. meron po bang available na list ang diac?
    @lock_code2004

Very helpful to, thanks. Kaso according dito: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/485/

"has the skills, attributes and qualifications that meet the Australian standard for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)."

So there goes my dilemma again on what course to choose, whether SOL or CSOL included. The only chance I see for getting an bridging visa is taking a bachelors degree so I can qualify for the two year post-study visa as per indicated here: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/_pdf/2011-post-study-work.pdf

That is of course with the intention for applying for PR while on this temporary visa, yung nga lang, it is much, much more costly :(
  • sisa16sisa16 MelbourneTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    @audrey26: I feel for you,Audrey. I finished CE pero hindi ko ginamit technically. Ang karamihan ng experience ko eh sa Administration in a Construction environment. I am more adept in administration and documentation however I had to focus sa pagiging CE kung gusto ko magka PR. Actually, ung course na kukunin ko eh hindi directly technical pero I want to major in project management (that is if I decide to pursue the course na nga). Masyadong magastos and I am not comfortable na ung brother ko magpifinance ng studies ko. You have to think and consider everything. Goodluck! Mabait si lock_code kasi tinulungan nya ko idiscern ung mga kailangan ko.hihihi. Naguguluhan ako ng bonggang bongga eh. Especially, consulting ANZSCO and checking job descriptions, nawiwindang ako. Ask ka lang dito sa forum and everybody will be more than happy to help you.
    June 30, 2012 : Took IELTS. Passed OB = 8.0
    August 24, 2012 : Applied at ECU
    September 18, 2012 : Received Letter of Offer from ECU
    September 20, 2012 : Applied at Murdoch Uni.
    October 18, 2012: Received Letter of Offer from Murdoch Uni.
    March 19, 2013: VETASSESS received my documents
    June 7, 2013: Skills assessment yielded positive result! :)
    June 7, 2013: EOI submitted
    June 17, 2013: Applied for WA SS
    June 27, 2013: Application for WA SS was successful! :)
    June 30, 2013: Signed the agreement
    July 1, 2013: Received invitation to apply for Visa SC 190
    July 21, 2013: Lodged Visa Application
    August 15, 2013: CO emailed me regarding additional documents. Currently in the Philippines. Applied for NBI clearance.
    August 27, 2013: Medical at St. Luke's. Pinabalik ako.haha!
    September 2, 2013: Received NBI Clearance.
    September 8, 2013: Back in UAE. Immediately applied for police clearance.
    September 10, 2013: Received UAE Police Clearance. Uploaded final documents.
    September 11, 2013: Visa Grant Notice received via email. Nostalgic. I miss you,mama. This is for you. I love you.
    February 10, 2014: Flight to Perth
    edited September 2012 Posts: 5,037
    @lock_code2004

Very helpful to, thanks. Kaso according dito: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/485/

"has the skills, attributes and qualifications that meet the Australian standard for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)."

So there goes my dilemma again on what course to choose, whether SOL or CSOL included. The only chance I see for getting an bridging visa is taking a bachelors degree so I can qualify for the two year post-study visa as per indicated here: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/_pdf/2011-post-study-work.pdf

That is of course with the intention for applying for PR while on this temporary visa, yung nga lang, it is much, much more costly :(
    Hi.. dont get confused.. inhale exhale.. relak relak...

a) if you have read the introduction for Visa 485:
    This visa allows overseas students who do not meet the criteria for a permanent General Skilled Migration visa to remain in Australia for 18 months to gain skilled work experience or improve their English language skills.. so meaning your course/skill is in SOL, pero hindi lang umabot ang points..

kasi kung mataas nmn ang points nyo, at nasa SOL ang skills, then go straight to PR 189..

b) if you chose to take a course that is in CSOL, then you can go straight from student visa to permanent visa 190 (State Sponsored) and so you have to go through the whole process, skill assessment, ielts and EOI..

c) and ofcourse the best way is to get an employer, who will sponsor you..

@lock_code2004 : Pagdating mo sa AU, apply ka na sa MARA. hahahah! peace!
    August 15, 2013: CO emailed me regarding additional documents. Currently in the Philippines. Applied for NBI clearance.
    September 11, 2013: Visa Grant Notice received via email. Nostalgic. I miss you,mama. This is for you. I love you.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 64
    I remembered talking with one IDP agent here in Abu Dhabi before and she mentioned that if I take up a two year course, I can stay in AU for another 2 years. Is this the 485 she was talking about? Is this the same with this?

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/_pdf/2011-post-study-work.pdf

Sa page 3, it mentioned that it should have skills assessment for an occupation on the SOL. What if your occupation eh wala sa SOL? You will not be eligible for temporary stay grant? What if you are not found suitable by the assessing body? You cannot stay for another 18 months?

sagutin ko na din po ung ilan sa mga tanong ko dito: checking FAQs sa VETASSESS website:

I need to apply for a 485 visa. Do I need to get my employment assessed by VETASSESS?

No, the skills assessment to support an application for a Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485) does not require an assessment of employment. You only need to get your qualification(s) assessed for this visa.
    @lock_code2004 : Pagdating mo sa AU, apply ka na sa MARA. hahahah! peace!
    oo.. sge tpos sisingilin kita.. gusto mo yun ha.. bwahahah...
    edited October 2012 Posts: 5,037
    @sisa16

i believe this is another pathway for students (Post-study work visa) . if you've read in the introduction, this will be implemented in early 2013.

so iba pa rin ung visa 485..