Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

I'm having difficulty finding a job.

Comments

• LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Anyone else who have an inspiring story to tell? Para may mabasa kaming mga hopefuls while waiting hehe
  • Pinoy_vegemitePinoy_vegemite Sydney
    @Pinoy_vegemite - haha napunta na sa IE ang thread.. ayos...

yes nasa SOL pa po ang IE.. pero wala sa CSOL at mga State Sponsorship.. so kung kulang sa points, eh mahirap mag apply ng independent skilled migrant visa..

im in the US with L1-intercompany transfer visa.. im a "mobile" employee.. yung kahit saan itapon eh hindi pwede umangal.. lol.. wla nmn balak mag sponsor ang employee based on history dahil kung mag sponsor sila, lahat ng tao maglilipatan na dito..

kmusta ang manufacturing industry sa sydney? i can see some IE related jobs sa seek.com,
    but im not sure kung anu ang competition in terms of job seekers..
    I see. Now I know why you are moving. :)

I am not really in a position to comment on the manufacturing industry in Sydney since I do not have concrete statistics to back up. What I can tell is that there are around 794 manufacturing companies in NSW where Sydney is a part of.

Like most developed countries, the manufacturing industry is not the lifeblood of Australia due to cost concerns. This is basically the reason why most companies chose to put up their manufacturing facilities in less developed countries where production cost is lower. However, with the number of manufacturing companies still existing in NSW, I would say there are still opportunities for those who are looking for work in this industry. Medyo tight lang nga siguro ang competition if I may say.
  • Pinoy_vegemitePinoy_vegemite Sydney

Tnx. I am an Industrial Engineer.
    uy IE.. ano pong field/industry nyo ngaun?
    Sa Manufacturing industry ako ngayon. IE ka din? :)

uyyyy..IE din po ako. @Pinoy_vegemite sa suppluchain po ba kayo? musta po jan mga work related to supplychain most likely sa procurement/purchasing po?

I am in operations.. Ok ang supply chain dito. For procurement/purchasing, I am not quite sure as I did not really check. I suggest you check seek.com.au and see whether the demand is high.

• cchamylcchamyl Brisbane
    @Pinoy_vegemite

i totally agree with you... in order to move on, one must acknowledge the pain...

i've had the this experience while i was taking the IELTS exam... it was a humbling experience.. i've always considered my English communication skills as above average.. but when I took the exam, you will have your own difficulties.. my enemy then was time... sobra ako na-disheartened when I walked out of the exam room... I knew in my heart that I did not get the score that I need for writing... i have to get 7 for me to claim points... but I knew na bump lang to achieve my dreams... right after the exam... without second thoughts... i went to IDP to schedule my next exam immediately.. d na ako nag.wait pa... i acknowledged my weakness and planned my action... i know that self pity won't get me anywhere near my dreams...kahit masakit ang loob ko at bulsa.. :) hehehe.. i addressed the problem and registered for the earliest exam date available... this time alam ko na... i walked out happy on the second exam and now waiting for my results..

i was like you... i wanted the change... i have a good job here and great pay... a promising one even... and my family and friends don't exactly get me why i need this... pero it's the adventure and being successful in a new country that drives me... sana we get to be successful in all our endeavors... :) just like you...

Skilled Migration (261112 Systems Analyst)

November 20, 2013 - Visa Grant (IED: July 22, 2014)
    April 19, 2014 - Arrived in Melbourne
    May 2, 2014 - Job offer
    May 7, 2014 - First day of work

It is only through GOD that we can achieve success..

• vhoythoyvhoythoy Melbourne
    edited February 2013
    @Pinoy_vegemite

i totally agree with you... in order to move on, one must acknowledge the pain...

i've had the this experience while i was taking the IELTS exam... it was a humbling experience.. i've always considered my English communication skills as above average.. but when I took the exam, you will have your own difficulties.. my enemy then was time... sobra ako na-disheartened when I walked out of the exam room... I knew in my heart that I did not get the score that I need for writing... i have to get 7 for me to claim points... but I knew na bump lang to achieve my dreams... right after the exam... without second thoughts... i went to IDP to schedule my next exam immediately.. d na ako nag.wait pa... i acknowledged my weakness and planned my action... i know that self pity won't get me anywhere near my dreams...kahit masakit ang loob ko at bulsa.. :) hehehe.. i addressed the problem and registered for the earliest exam date available... this time alam ko na... i walked out happy on the second exam and now waiting for my results..

i was like you... i wanted the change... i have a good job here and great pay... a promising one even... and my family and friends don't exactly get me why i need this... pero it's the adventure and being successful in a new country that drives me... sana we get to be successful in all our endeavors... :) just like you...
    I am not good in writing/ composing or anything but managed to get 7 in writing. i just follow this format/structure. (part 2 of the exam). Its easier to think and still a lot of time left

Introduction:
    1. Generally.... (generic introduction)
    2. It is commonly seen that....
    3. In my essay, i will prove that....(your overall argument/ stand/ agree or disagree)

First paragraph
    4. Firstly... or For one...(first argument to support the thesis or your stand)
    5. For example...(any example, real life, etc to support your thesis)
    6. This make it clear that....(showing why your example support the #4)
    7. Thus.....(relate to back to thesis..#3)

Second paragraph
    8. Secondly... or In addition to that...(second argument)
    9. For instance (like #5)
    10. It is obvious from this that ...(like #6)
    11. As this shows (like #7)

Conclusion
    12. In conclusion...
    13. In my essay i was able to proved that....
    14. I recommend that...

If possible, insert one idiom inside (anything), basta maipasok mo (i.e. bend over backwards, blessing in disguise, three times a charm, bakers dozen, etc)

My essay is not that good, and i cant think better during the exam but i knew i will get atleast 7 because of the above structure.

Kahit di kamagaling sa English, basta mapaghandaan mo mabuti, you can passed it the first time. Strategy is very important. Hope it helps =)

ANZSCO 221214 - Internal Auditor
    19 Jan 13 - Academic IELTS Results - passed
    12 July 13 - Vetassess Assessment + Point Test Advice: Positive
    03 Nov 13 - Invitation Accepted 70 points
    19 Dec 13 - Lodged Visa 189
    07 Feb 14 - Visa Granted
    04 Aug 14 - Initial Entry Date requirement
    26 July 14 - Actual IED to Melbourne
    May 2015 - Big Move
    June 2015 - Got a permanent role in Melbourne
    Apr 2016 - Got a contract consultancy role in Melbourne
    May 2016 - Got permanent role and moved to Toowooba, Queensland

And now...... living the life that i have imagined

"A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed" - Ansel Adams

• vhoythoyvhoythoy Melbourne
    edited February 2013
    Tapos na pala second exam mo. Well OT din dapat sa IELTS tips un. hahaha goodluck =)

ANZSCO 221214 - Internal Auditor
    19 Jan 13 - Academic IELTS Results - passed
    12 July 13 - Vetassess Assessment + Point Test Advice: Positive
    03 Nov 13 - Invitation Accepted 70 points
    19 Dec 13 - Lodged Visa 189
    07 Feb 14 - Visa Granted
    04 Aug 14 - Initial Entry Date requirement
    26 July 14 - Actual IED to Melbourne
    May 2015 - Big Move
    June 2015 - Got a permanent role in Melbourne
    Apr 2016 - Got a contract consultancy role in Melbourne
    May 2016 - Got permanent role and moved to Toowooba, Queensland

And now...... living the life that i have imagined

"A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed" - Ansel Adams

• cchamylcchamyl Brisbane
    Tapos na pala second exam mo. Well OT din dapat sa IELTS tips un. hahaha goodluck =)
    hahaha... yup... thanks... bukas na results... i feel good... last time kac naubos oras ko sa kakabura... i overanalyzed everything... hahaha... :) women, huh?

Skilled Migration (261112 Systems Analyst)

November 20, 2013 - Visa Grant (IED: July 22, 2014)
    April 19, 2014 - Arrived in Melbourne
    May 2, 2014 - Job offer
    May 7, 2014 - First day of work

It is only through GOD that we can achieve success..

• phinaxphinax Sydney

mahirap pala talaga maghanap ng work, im in melbourne right now. 1.5 months na ako dito, and I have applied sa kahit ano, mcdonalds, coles, cleaner jobs, admin/office/receptionist, salesgirl.. talagang wala.. i even went to the city and dropped my resume sa kahit ano..

I even did door to door knocking/selling for several days but it was only commission basis so that in the end, mas malaki pa yung gasto ko sa pamasahe compared sa kinita ko...

im an engineer by the way..

patulong naman po, kahit anong jobs, willing po akong magclean ng toilet or ng kahit ano...

medyo nahihirapan na po talaga ako, medyo lang =) hehe

June 24, 2012 -Application Lodge
    December 11, 2012 - Visa Grant

• Khaosan_RoadKhaosan_Road Melbourne
    ganun po ba talga kahirap maghanap ng trabaho kahit odd jobs? :(

If ever kc, I am thinking of moving there in Melbourne din...

Analyst Programmer (ANZSCO Code 261311)
    11-05-11: IELTS Exam Result (L-6.5, R-8.5, W-7, S-8)
    11-28-12: Submitted requirements to ACS
    01-08-13: ACS Suitable
    01-08-13: Submitted EOI
    01-21-13: Received invitation to lodge a Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189)
    02-06-13: Lodged visa application
    02-06-13: Performed Medical exam
    03-22-13: CO Allocated (Team 06 GSM Adelaide, JH)
    03-27-13: Submitted PH Police Clearance, Form 80
    04-26-13: Submitted MY and TH Police Clearance, payslips
    05-13-13: VISA GRANT!
    10-29-13: Initial Entry (Melbourne)

• phinaxphinax Sydney

odd jobs, medyo mahirap kasi kalaban mo rin ang ibang lahi and usually students.. they usually prefer to hire uni students...

but if you have friends here and a suitable network then I think medyo madali na...

but if wala, I have befriended other guys na months na din naghahanap ng work...

i don't know if medyo wala lang talaga akong suwerte, who knows kasi meron din namang iba who easily found jobs here...

• Khaosan_RoadKhaosan_Road Melbourne
    hopefully matulungan ako ng mga friends ko :)...

Sana makahanap ka na nang work soon! Good luck! :)

Analyst Programmer (ANZSCO Code 261311)
    11-05-11: IELTS Exam Result (L-6.5, R-8.5, W-7, S-8)
    11-28-12: Submitted requirements to ACS
    01-08-13: ACS Suitable
    01-08-13: Submitted EOI
    01-21-13: Received invitation to lodge a Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189)
    02-06-13: Lodged visa application
    02-06-13: Performed Medical exam
    03-22-13: CO Allocated (Team 06 GSM Adelaide, JH)
    03-27-13: Submitted PH Police Clearance, Form 80
    04-26-13: Submitted MY and TH Police Clearance, payslips
    05-13-13: VISA GRANT!
    10-29-13: Initial Entry (Melbourne)

• MetaformMetaform Melbourne
    edited March 2013
    @phinax Hi phinax. Fellow Melbourne-based jobseeker here. May tendency talaga na i-downgrade natin ang sarili natin just to get a job. Nagsimula akong mag-submit ng applications for system admin and IT consultant jobs. Then naging service desk analyst, hanggang maging help desk na lang. Umabot pa nga ako sa group interview sa Officeworks (LOL). I just realised na pinababa ko masyado ang sarili ko when I spoke to a (Pinay) recruitment agent. Sabi nya with my qualifications I don't belong in a Level 1 helpdesk role, and that I should at least be in a junior system admin position.

My advice: kung magde-deviate man tayo sa career path natin, make sure it is still aligned with our qualifications, e.g. technical support for a misplaced IT manager, or draftsman for the aspiring architect.

CO and Visa Grant: 9 Oct 2012
    The beginning of the rest of our lives: January 4, 2013

• OkimOkim Sydney
    @Metaform mahirap din pala noh, so kelangan wiling ka rin palang kumaha ng junior level post. Sys Admin din kasi ako, pero ask ko lang, if particular sila sa mga certifications like CCNA,VCP or MCITP, ITIL.

NO - 262113 (System Administrator)
    10/23/2012 - NSW SS application
    12/18/2012 - Received NSW SS approval letter
    12/22/2012 - Lodged Visa Application
    02/27/2013 - Visa Grant!!
    06/30/2013 - IED!

• MetaformMetaform Melbourne
    edited March 2013
    @Okim depende sa role. May mga Microsoft certified na kasama sa job requirements. May ITIL, etc. pero iisa ang pattern ng system analyst dito - madalas ang required cert combo is ITIL, VMware, and Citrix. Laking tipid nga naman sa hw and licenses ng virtualization. Khit hindi certified basta knowledgable sa tatlong yan marami nang maaplyan.

CO and Visa Grant: 9 Oct 2012
    The beginning of the rest of our lives: January 4, 2013

• OkimOkim Sydney
    @Metaform thanks for the info..lagot konti lang alam ko sa Citrix, makapagbasa-basa nga..

NO - 262113 (System Administrator)
    10/23/2012 - NSW SS application
    12/18/2012 - Received NSW SS approval letter
    12/22/2012 - Lodged Visa Application
    02/27/2013 - Visa Grant!!
    06/30/2013 - IED!

• LakiMaselLakiMasel Perth

mahirap pala talaga maghanap ng work, im in melbourne right now. 1.5 months na ako dito, and I have applied sa kahit ano, mcdonalds, coles, cleaner jobs, admin/office/receptionist, salesgirl.. talagang wala.. i even went to the city and dropped my resume sa kahit ano..

I even did door to door knocking/selling for several days but it was only commission basis so that in the end, mas malaki pa yung gasto ko sa pamasahe compared sa kinita ko...

im an engineer by the way..

patulong naman po, kahit anong jobs, willing po akong magclean ng toilet or ng kahit ano...

medyo nahihirapan na po talaga ako, medyo lang =) hehe

Ilang years na po ang experience mo?

May nabasa ako sa ExpatForum, Draftsman sya. Nakahanap sya ng work after 4 months and sa isang malaking mining company pa sya nakapasok.

So relax ka lang po. May darating din po na work for you.
  • li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    With regards to mining, we regularly watch the news during dinner time and ilang beses na mention about filipino engrs and other foreign miners. Working in the mines but are being investigated by complaints kung bakit they got the jobs when there are jobless australians who could fill in such roles.

http://www.news.com.au/business/companies/as-australians-lose-jobs-gina-rinehart-imports-1700-foreign-workers/story-fnda1bsz-1226367540365

Pero kahit may complaints from the ozzies at least si gina rhineheart still hiring pinoys after her father married their filipino maid who she accused of being a gold digger and killed her father by nagging him constantly about money then when he died..married his best friend and went to court for 14 years with gina reinheart ng dahil sa pera.

At least no hate bais against pinoys with what she went through with their pinoy maid aka evil stepmother. Hehehe.

May documentary yan.. Di ko na lang mahanap ang link:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_Porteous

@li_i_ren alam kasi ni Gina Rhineheart kumakagat tayong Pinoy sa (medyo) mababang suweldo at matiisin...hehehe
  • phinaxphinax Sydney

salamat po sa lahat ng encouragement...

Sana nga po makahanap ng work soon.

4 months, medyo matagal din pala.... :( Sana naman hindi aabot ng 4 months yung akin...

• lytelyte Perth
    hi. im an accountant by profession and 4mos na din ako naghahanap. im not losing hope.i just keep on believing myself and continue applying cos if not who else will believe me. and most importantly im keeping my faith that He will provide me one soon. im just blessed na every week may tumatawag.minsan hndi related sa accounting pero part nmn sya ng process of accounting like data entry/analysis. just be realistic cos what i heard from others e umabot iba ng 5-6mos. iba iba nmn kc tayo ng situation kya dont compare din.some got their jobs after a month lng at sila yung mga blessed tlga at tamang oras na nagmeet ang mga criteria ng employer. mejo nga kc de-kahon ang hiring process nila dto.and that we must accept and adjust. God bless to all job seekers. kaya natin to!
  • ozzienessozzieness Gimhae-si
    How about part time job? Is it hard to find one nowadays?
  • alexamaealexamae Sydney
    Thank you for sharing real life job search situation, atleast may idea po kami at mapaghandaan na habang maaga :)

November 4, 2012 : ACS Assessment Systems Administrator - 262113
    December 08, 2012 : Both take IELTS
    December 18, 2012 : ACS Result Positive
    December 21, 2012 : IELTS Result
    January 10, 2013 : NSW SS Application
    January 10, 2013 : TRA Assessment ICT Customer Support Officer - 313112 (partner's skills)
    March 21, 2013 : TRA Result Positive
    March 22, 2013 : NSW SS acknowledgement email received
    May 16, 2013 : NSW SS Approved
    May 16, 2013 : EOI invite for 190 Visa
    May 24, 2013 : Lodged 190 Visa
    May 25, 2013 : Both Medicals Done (Drs Horne & Chin)
    June 4, 2013 : CO allocated Adelaide GSM Team 7
    June 8, 2013 : Meds Referred to MOC
    June 9, 2013 : Upload forms 80 and 1022
    June 17, 2013 : Upload both NBI Clearances
    June 28, 2013 : Upload both SG PCC
    August 15, 2013 : Visa Grant! Thank you so much Lord!! IED May 29, 2014

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

• phinaxphinax Sydney
    to ozzieness:

yup, medyo po..

i applied to every part time job that i could think of: maccas, kfc, subway, coles, nandos, factory jobs, retail...

so far, wala pa pong tumawag sa akin for a part time job...

• vangievcvangievc Sydney
    tawa naman ako satopic nyo sa vegemite...natikman ko minsan hindi ako nasarapan. super alat. but my officemate told me na manipis na manipis lang daw ang pahid dapat...masarap daw sya na kasama sa butter...patalastas lang...ha ha ha
  • LakiMaselLakiMasel Perth
    to ozzieness:

yup, medyo po..

i applied to every part time job that i could think of: maccas, kfc, subway, coles, nandos, factory jobs, retail...

Ilang taon na po experience mo?
  • June16June16 Perth
    Kapag nagsend ka po ba ng application mo online ilang days po ba bago sila sumagot? I mean po kapag interesado sila sayo kasi sumubok ako mga 5 applications last week lang pero wala pong sumasagot or acknowledgment po na natanggap nila yung application mo.

Sana po may sumagot, thanks.
  • lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    tawa naman ako satopic nyo sa vegemite...natikman ko minsan hindi ako nasarapan. super alat. but my officemate told me na manipis na manipis lang daw ang pahid dapat...masarap daw sya na kasama sa butter...patalastas lang...ha ha ha
    patalastas lang din..
    ah so parang liver spread and butter lang.. ma-try nga pagdating dyan..
    masarap sguro sa mainit na pandesal..

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

^ nakakadiri lang isipin kung saan gawa yang vegemite na yan (but then again, nakakadiri rin naman pag-gawa ng bagoong natin sa Pinas pero masarap naman haha)

Dun sa mga nakakakuha ng part time job, what sort of occupation ang mga yan? Just so everyone looking for a job can focus on those industries and jobs hehe
  • hanzyboyhanzyboy Brisbane
    @June16
    Kapag nagsend ka po ba ng application mo online ilang days po ba bago sila sumagot? I mean po kapag interesado sila sayo kasi sumubok ako mga 5 applications last week lang pero wala pong sumasagot or acknowledgment po na natanggap nila yung application mo.

Sana po may sumagot, thanks.
    Usually give it a week or two bago sila sumagot, may mga times din na hindi sila sumasagot talaga pag hindi ka shortlisted. May mga nagsabi before na you can give them a call din with regards to your application, so you can try that out too kung gusto mo masure na nakuha nila application mo.
  • phinaxphinax Sydney
    to ozzieness:

yup, medyo po..

Ilang taon na po experience mo?

almost 8 years na din po as automotive electrical engineer..