Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Would you give up your Filipino citizenship?

2»

Comments

• loudandclearloudandclear Sydney
    ...For all we know, Philippines might become the next Singapore; while Australia slips back to oblivion (I certainly hope not)...best of both worlds, now and in the future ika nga
    ^like :) I like hearing words like these for our country. i will be very happy to see my beloved country moving forward and hopefully the next economic tiger. sorry OT. :)

Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

• LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Tandaan niyo na lang ang mga wika ni Dr Jose Rizal..ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan... madadapa! hehehe
  • sheepsheep Sydney
    naunahan ako magpost nito but anyway thanks for sharing,it's only proved na as a filipino we value our family culture rather than material things...hope that some won't forget their country because this is the only country that given to us and it separates to others because we have culture and tradition that different to others....

"god thank you for everything!!!!!1

• sydneysidersydneysider Hart
    I am taking my oath in the next couple of days as a final step to becoming an aussie citizen, do I automatically lose my Philippine citizenship? or are we suppose to notify the philippine consulate here in australia that we do not intend to become dual citizens? thanks in advance.
  • dhey_almightydhey_almighty Perth
    @sydneysider im not so sure kung need mo pang inotify ung consulate natin....pero im pretty sure na once naging Aussie ka na e automatic na you will lose ur Philippine citizenship...or upon expiration ng Philippine passport mo (?)

balitaan mo kame sa oath taking at kung anong exam ang gagawin for becoming an Aussie...

congrats in advance... :-)

October 6, 2012 - Passed IELTS - Academic (W 6 S 6 L 8 R 7 OBS 7.0) pwde na yan!
    October 16, 2012 - Submitted CDR to EA
    February 27, 2013 - Received Favorable letter from EA (Mechanical Engineer - ANZSCO 233512) Thank you Lord!
    March 8, 2013 - Applied WA SS
    March 25, 2013 - Received Letter for WA SS (delaying/maximising 28 days; waiting for civil wedding)
    May 31, 2013 - Submitted Visa Application (with everything; PCC Saudi, NBI, Marriage certificate, etc)
    July 11, 2013 - CO Assigned / Team 7 Adelaide
    August 17, 2013 - Done with the Medicals
    September 4, 2013 - Visa Grant (Subclass 190 / ANZCO233515 - Mechanical Engineer) Thank you Lord! / IED August 23, 2014
    August 8, 2014 - Flight to Oz, No turning Back, This is it!
    May 2015 - End of relationship
    June 2015 - Wife found new partner (aussie)
    October 2015 - Wife filed for divorce (That cunt)
    January 2016 - Divorced
    August 2018 - Lodged Citizenship
    March 2019 - Sit in Citizenship Exam/Interview

• Passed same day
      May 2019 - Citizenship Ceremony
      June 2019 - Au Passport received
  • JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    Yup you dont need to

Google for Everything !!!

• atchinoatchino Sydney
    no need to inform Phil consulate.

Automatic tanggal filipino citizenship.

Hindi mo na ma renew phil passport / drivers license once it expires.
    Once ma expire, wala ka na ipapakita ID if oin cae you need to open bank accont or trading acount sa pinas. I didn't realize that until my passprt and drivers lciens eexpired and I tried to open bank account and trading accont in the phils.

Make sure you open ban kaccounts or what ever acunts in th ephilippines before your passport or phil drivers license expires.

To all Kuripotz.. please visit my blog.
    May kasabihan tayo: Kuripot man at magaling... yayaman din....

http://kuripotism.blogspot.com.au

• sydneysidersydneysider Hart
    thanks for your replies. my PH passport expires in 3 years pa but we will apply for an Australian passport soon.

@dhey_almighty we were conferred australian citizenship yesterday. it was held at the immigration office in Sydney. dun kame isinama because we noted in our application that we have plans to travel within the year. mahaba daw ang queue sa mga councils kaya private ceremony lang ang sa amin. no refreshments, no gifts and allowed only 1 guest each. SLA is actually 3-6 months waiting time from the time ma-approve to the time that you are invited to a ceremony. i've read from other forums na yung iba nga 9 months pa inaabot. we're lucky because we took the exam in June, approved on the same day and by August, we received our invitation. madali lang exam. but you'll be surprised that for 20 questions, you are given 45 minutes to complete the test. kaya nga tapusin ng 5 minutes e :)
  • dhey_almightydhey_almighty Perth
    @sydneysider nice...congrats...
    since 3 years pa paso ng PH passport mo, hinde ko lang sure kung pwede mo pa gamitin un once may Oz Passport ka na...but come to think of it, wag na mo na gamitin ung PH Passport mo once my Oz passport ka na... hehe

October 6, 2012 - Passed IELTS - Academic (W 6 S 6 L 8 R 7 OBS 7.0) pwde na yan!
    October 16, 2012 - Submitted CDR to EA
    February 27, 2013 - Received Favorable letter from EA (Mechanical Engineer - ANZSCO 233512) Thank you Lord!
    March 8, 2013 - Applied WA SS
    March 25, 2013 - Received Letter for WA SS (delaying/maximising 28 days; waiting for civil wedding)
    May 31, 2013 - Submitted Visa Application (with everything; PCC Saudi, NBI, Marriage certificate, etc)
    July 11, 2013 - CO Assigned / Team 7 Adelaide
    August 17, 2013 - Done with the Medicals
    September 4, 2013 - Visa Grant (Subclass 190 / ANZCO233515 - Mechanical Engineer) Thank you Lord! / IED August 23, 2014
    August 8, 2014 - Flight to Oz, No turning Back, This is it!
    May 2015 - End of relationship
    June 2015 - Wife found new partner (aussie)
    October 2015 - Wife filed for divorce (That cunt)
    January 2016 - Divorced
    August 2018 - Lodged Citizenship
    March 2019 - Sit in Citizenship Exam/Interview

• Passed same day
      May 2019 - Citizenship Ceremony
      June 2019 - Au Passport received
  • manofsteelmanofsteel Melbourne
    Sabi sa PDOS upon becoming citizen of other country, you would need to apply at PH embassy for dual citizenship. Ang hindi pala namin naitanong is, may period or expiration ba kung hanggang kelan ka pde magapply for dual citizenship? baka pag expired na passport di na pde? may ganun ba? anybody knows?

"Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
    ~ Psalm 23:6

• atchinoatchino Sydney
    Sabi sa PDOS upon becoming citizen of other country, you would need to apply at PH embassy for dual citizenship. Ang hindi pala namin naitanong is, may period or expiration ba kung hanggang kelan ka pde magapply for dual citizenship? baka pag expired na passport di na pde? may ganun ba? anybody knows?

Makakapag apply ka parin ng dual ctizenship kahit expired na phil passport mo.

To all Kuripotz.. please visit my blog.
    May kasabihan tayo: Kuripot man at magaling... yayaman din....

http://kuripotism.blogspot.com.au

• Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA
    kamusta po ang mga dual citizens jan? how things are different now?good or bad?

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

• bagong_saltabagong_salta Melbourne
    hindi din ako nagapply ng dual citizenship. parang di ko pa nakikita yung benefits. baka in the future.

mock exams - http://www.auscitizenshiptest.com
  • engr_maylene052581engr_maylene052581 Melbourne
    Question po: If Australian / Dual Citizen ka, may rules ba about leaving Australia like how many months na okay lang na wala ka sa bansa? or how many months at need mo ng mag enter ulit ng Australia. And if Dual Citizen ka and nagdecide ka na magstay sa pinas, worst case scenario "nagkasakit" ka, you can still go back to Australia to avail free medical using Medicare?

Please advise

with agent
    Civil Engineer (Hydraulic Engineer)
    June 2012 - IELTS
    August 2012 - Submitted Skill Assessment
    January 2013 - Positive Skill Assessment Results from EA
    January 2013- EOI submitted
    February 04, 2013- Received Invitation
    February 11, 2013- Lodge Visa 189
    April 9, 2013 - CO Assigned, Team 6c(Requested Medicals and PCC)
    April 11, 2013- Completed medicals (me, my son and daughter)
    April 11, 2013 - Submitted PCC
    April 14, 2013 - Husband completed the medicals
    June 13, 2013 - Visa Granted

• Aiza05Aiza05 Sydney
    Mga kababayan!

Tanong lang..naisip ko lang if after citizenship ceremony and nakuha na ang Aussie passport, do we need to inform the Philippine Consulate/ embassy na Aussie citizen and passport na tayo? Or necessary lang yan if gusto natin mag dual citizenship?

Thanks in advance! ;-)

November 2011 to February 2012- First entry to Australia with a Tourist Visa
    December 2012- Second entry with a Fiancee Visa
    June 2013- Applied for 2-stage Partner Visa (Temporary & Permanent)
    July 2013- Temporary Visa granted after I got married
    December 2015- Permanent Visa granted
    February 2013 to January 2016- Worked in a non-healthcare job
    January 2016- My first job in healthcare as a Tech. Assistant/ Pathology collector
    January 2017- Given a permanent position as a Tech. Assistant
    January 2017- Applied online for Citizenship
    February 2017- Received an email re: Australian Citizenship
    appointment and test
    May 2017- Citizenship test date! Yeeeyyyy! ;-)
    May 18,2017- Citizenship exam passed and application approved
    Aug. 7, 2017- Citizenship Ceremony
    September 2017- new sched of my AIMS exam
    November 2017- received AIMS exam result
    February 2018- start of Uni session 1

(This site is very informative and very glad to have discovered it! Cheers!)