Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Visitor Visa 600 - Business Stream can be used for tourism?

Hi All,

I have applied for a Visitor 600 under business stream last year as I had to attend a conference. I was granted multiple entry valid for a year.

I am planning to go back to AU but this time around solely for tourist activities purposes lang, and not business related. Can my valid visa be used?

Comments

• casssiecasssie 💛

afaik, no. you have to apply for tourist visa for tourist purposes

nasa conditions din ng visa yun

m(au)nifesting 🇦🇺

• thebadwolf13thebadwolf13 Posts: 22Member

@casssie said:

Ang nakasulat kasi sa visa condition, specifically 8115, “not allowed to engage in any work other than a business visitor activity while you are in australia”.

Tapos nakasulat mismo sa website nila,

Perform business visitor activities
    As a business visitor, you can:

• make general business or employment enquiries
      -investigate, negotiate, enter into or review a business contract
      -conduct activities as part of an official government visit
      take part in a conference, trade fair or seminar. You can’t be paid by the organisers to take part
      -undertake tourist activities

You can't:
    work for or provide services to a business or organisation based in Australia
    sell goods or services directly to the public

So tbh medyo confused ako. Tapos nakita ko pa ito:
    https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/92371/can-i-travel-to-australia-as-a-tourist-on-a-business-visitor-visa

• era222era222 Philippines
    edited February 14

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

Ang nakasulat kasi sa visa condition, specifically 8115, “not allowed to engage in any work other than a business visitor activity while you are in australia”.

take part in a conference, trade fair or seminar. You can’t be paid by the organisers to take part

You can't:

https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/92371/can-i-travel-to-australia-as-a-tourist-on-a-business-visitor-visa

This is just an opinion so I don't have official sources to back it up (can't find any pertaining to whether you can use a Stream 600 Business visa for tourism), but ang sistema kasi sa visa ay you cannot hold more than one visa at a time. So following lang that logic, since your visa is active it means you can use it. Ang restrictions naman ay business-related din: bawal mag-work outside of your declared/arrange business activity, but you can undertake tourist activities—is how I read your visa conditions.

I'm wondering if the system will even allow you to apply for another SC600 visa with a current active one?

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

• casssiecasssie 💛

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

You can't:

this was 3 months ago

m(au)nifesting 🇦🇺

@casssie said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

You can't:

this was 3 months ago

Thanks for this. I will try to email nalang the AU embassy here in PH to get official statement then share it here.

Afaik din kasi I can’t have two active visas at the same time.

@casssie said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

You can't:

this was 3 months ago

Ooohhh btw just found this on thailand AU embassy official website: https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Visa_FAQ.html#Number 24

1. I hold a Visitor (subclass 600) (Business stream) visa, can I visit Australia as a tourist?

Australia allows APEC Business Travel Card holders and Visitor (subclass 600) (Business stream) visa holders to travel to Australia for non-business purposes, such as to have a holiday or visit family and friends.

Mukhang this also applies to PH passport holders?

• casssiecasssie 💛
    edited February 15

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

You can't:

this was 3 months ago

Ooohhh btw just found this on thailand AU embassy official website: https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Visa_FAQ.html#Number 24

1. I hold a Visitor (subclass 600) (Business stream) visa, can I visit Australia as a tourist?

Australia allows APEC Business Travel Card holders and Visitor (subclass 600) (Business stream) visa holders to travel to Australia for non-business purposes, such as to have a holiday or visit family and friends.

better talk to a professional na lang. good luck po!

m(au)nifesting 🇦🇺

@casssie said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

You can't:

this was 3 months ago

Thank you! I have sent an email sa AU PH embassy and pwede gamiting si Business visitor for solely tourism purposes. Ni link ko rin yung from thailand embassy na FAQ.

casssieera222
  • Bree0808Bree0808 Posts: 5Member

ako namn baligtad hi guys, I have a question, i am not sure if this is the right area and where will i see responses. I currently have a Visitor Visa 600 for Tourist Stream however i may need to attend some conference that supposedly to have a visitor visa via Business Stream but they are both Visitor Visa Subclass 600, what shall I do? Thank you

hi guys sorry first time ko dito mag ask dko sure tlga paano mag ask and go to rright venue, nalilito ako sa blog na to help nman po thank you in advance

@Bree0808 said:
    ako namn baligtad hi guys, I have a question, i am not sure if this is the right area and where will i see responses. I currently have a Visitor Visa 600 for Tourist Stream however i may need to attend some conference that supposedly to have a visitor visa via Business Stream but they are both Visitor Visa Subclass 600, what shall I do? Thank you

Ah eto ang alam kong hindi po pwede since nasa visa conditions mo na “no work” iirc. Kay business visitor kasi, ang condition is no work pero can do business visitor activities like conferences, meetings, etc.

Not sure if you can change your stream? Try emailing nalang din po yung inemail ko: [email protected] so they can give you concrete answer and meron ka rin documentation.

era222

@thebadwolf13 said:

@Bree0808 said:

Ah eto ang alam kong hindi po pwede since nasa visa conditions mo na “no work” iirc. Kay business visitor kasi, ang condition is no work pero can do business visitor activities like conferences, meetings, etc.

Not sure if you can change your stream? Try emailing nalang din po yung inemail ko: [email protected] so they can give you concrete answer and meron ka rin documentation.

@thebadwolf13 said:

@Bree0808 said:

Hi po just to be clear yes i have a tourist visitor visa but suddenly i needed to attend a conference, this is not paid work, conference is just for few days and also another purpose is like per normal if you are there na, u just meet and greet ur team so u have immersion and u can bond with them since you are based overseas, do i still need to secure business visitor visa? they both the same conditions under Visitor Visa Subclass 600

@Bree0808 said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@Bree0808 said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@Bree0808 said:

Hi po just to be clear yes i have a tourist visitor visa but suddenly i needed to attend a conference, this is not paid work, conference is just for few days and also another purpose is like per normal if you are there na, u just meet and greet ur team so u have immersion and u can bond with them since you are based overseas, do i still need to secure business visitor visa? they both the same conditions under Visitor Visa Subclass 600

@thebadwolf13 said:

@Bree0808 said:

Thank you for the email address ill email them :) and will keep you updated

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

You can't:

this was 3 months ago

Thank you! I have sent an email sa AU PH embassy and pwede gamiting si Business visitor for solely tourism purposes. Ni link ko rin yung from thailand embassy na FAQ.

hi po yes po ung business visa pwedeng gamiting in tourism activites nagawa ko na dati yan kaso baligtad po now, tourist yung hawak ko cann i use for business tourist purposes like attending exhibit or shows, seminar or trade events BUT again i am not working in Australia i wouldnt get paid there, i am paid like i am paid locally. thannk you sa makakasagot po, ung reply sa akin ng immigration d ganyan ang labo napakageneric icheck ko daw online, nakakaloka.. buti nga syo maayos ung sagot po e

• sieistzensieistzen Posts: 1Member

@Bree0808 said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

@thebadwolf13 said:

@casssie said:

You can't:

this was 3 months ago

hi po yes po ung business visa pwedeng gamiting in tourism activites nagawa ko na dati yan kaso baligtad po now, tourist yung hawak ko cann i use for business tourist purposes like attending exhibit or shows, seminar or trade events BUT again i am not working in Australia i wouldnt get paid there, i am paid like i am paid locally. thannk you sa makakasagot po, ung reply sa akin ng immigration d ganyan ang labo napakageneric icheck ko daw online, nakakaloka.. buti nga syo maayos ung sagot po e

Hello! At least you got a reply. I didn't. Haha.

Anyway, would like to clarify, have you used your Visitor Visa (subclass 600) under the Business Visitor Stream for pure tourism purposes?

If yes, how did it go with the NAIA IOs?

• mathilde9mathilde9 Singapore
    edited April 18

I realized my current sc600 visa is expiring this month, and took the initiative to apply again. Yes, you can apply for a new one while you still have a valid visa. There's a warning message in IMMI website stating the valid visa will be overridden with the decision of the new application. I took the risk haha.

I got approved today still with 3 years validity ME. In my cover letter, I explained why I cannot wait until my current visa expires, and that I have an ongoing sc190 visa application. Inasikaso ko na para hindi masyadong malapit sa period where my 190 grant is anticipated (haha praning feelingera lang).

If you need guidance for tourist visa, message me. Will be glad to be of help.
    Add: wala pong service fee! Haha baka ma-report pa.

_sebodemacho

Total Points ~~ 189: 85pts | 190: 90pts | 491: 100pts
    Points Breakdown:
    Age:25 | English:20 | Employment:15 | Education:15 | Single:10
    Been to Australia a few times and I just wanted to settle there. "I belong here" ganon.
    ~~~~
    10 2021 - Research about AU migration; read a lot of related articles; consulted with agent for initial assessment. Decided to DIY.
    11 2021 - PTE (Proficient)
    11 2021 - Suitable ACS Skills Assessment received (8+ years suitable, 5weeks 4days TAT)
    ~~~~
    01 2022 - EOIs submitted (matumal and slight hiatus since na-busy sa ibang bagay)
    ~~~~
    09 2023 - PTE retake (Superior)
    09 2023 - Updated EOIs to reflect +10pts on English Test
    11 2023 - ACS Assessment expired T_T (but already prepared for re-assessment a few weeks before)
    11 2023 - ACS deemed my skills unsuitable because of missing documents. Nilaban ko.
    12 2023 - Suitable ACS Skills reassessment (8+ years) after 1month of review and pangungulit (no fee incurred, fault nila)
    12 2023 - Some EOIs expired T_T
    12 2023 - New EOIs submitted (NSW, VIC, ACT, and 189)
    ~~~~
    02 2024 - Booked NAATI Exam (desperate to max out point for a chance of invite)
    02 2024 - Received NSW 190 pre-invite!! ✩₊˚ (tears of joy, TYL! ). Cancelled NAATI test at 75% refund.
    02 2024 - Final NSW ITA received after 1 business day ✩₊˚
    02 2024 - Visa Lodgement
    02 2024 - Medicals. Cleared after 1 business day @ SATA AMK
    02 2024 - Singapore Police Clearance. Completed/claimed after 6 business days
    _ _ 2024 - ✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧** Visa Grant! **✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧