Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Australian Computer Society Skills Application

Comments

• MaceyVMaceyV Philippines

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@MaceyV said:
    @RheaMARN1171933 question po, I just checked my school and it is now in Section 1 (was on Section 2) when assessed by ACS. As a result, anlaki ng binawas nila sa job experience ko.
    Since section 1 na ngaun si school, do I need to send another application sa ACS or can I just follow up with ACS re the change sa school ko?
    I know that ACS result is valid for 2 yrs so not sure what to do next. Hope you or anyone on this group can help. TIA.

You will need to check your case with ACS and they will advise you accordingly.

@RheaMARN1171933 they asked me to lodge a new application.

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator

@MaceyV said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@MaceyV said:
    @RheaMARN1171933 question po, I just checked my school and it is now in Section 1 (was on Section 2) when assessed by ACS. As a result, anlaki ng binawas nila sa job experience ko.
    Since section 1 na ngaun si school, do I need to send another application sa ACS or can I just follow up with ACS re the change sa school ko?
    I know that ACS result is valid for 2 yrs so not sure what to do next. Hope you or anyone on this group can help. TIA.

You will need to check your case with ACS and they will advise you accordingly.

@RheaMARN1171933 they asked me to lodge a new application.

I would have thought so

@MaceyV said:
    Hi po, question regarding ACS re-assessment. Not sure po if natanong na to before and kung nasagot na.

Bale ung 1st assessment result ko was Oct 18, 2018 (expiring on Oct 18, 2020), then I submitted an Appeal and got the response on January 17, 2019.

Is the expiration on Oct 2020 or Jan 2021?

Ngaun need ko po magpa assess ulit since nasa Section 1 na yung school ko. Do I need to secure all requirements again, COE and CTC'd school documents or can I use the same documents used last Oct 2018?

Need ko pa ba hingi ulit new COE from my current employer, same employer pa din po ako.

Hope may magrespond po and matulungan ako. Maraming salamat po and good luck sa ating lahat.

Mam @RheaMARN1171933 can u pls advise on this as well?

edited July 2020

These questions can easily be addressed by ACS. Don’t hesitate to contact their customer service. If you need to be assessed again then you’ll need to supply the necessary documents. Be mindful that ACS updated their guidelines late last year so make sure you comply to the new requirements.

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    These questions can easily be addressed by ACS. Don’t hesitate to contact their customer service. If you need to be assessed again then you’ll need to supply the necessary documents. Be mindful that ACS updated their guidelines late last year so make sure you comply to the new requirements.

Will check again po. Thanks you.

• _sebodemacho_sebodemacho Melbourne, VIC
    edited July 2020

@MaceyV said:
    Hi po, question regarding ACS re-assessment. Not sure po if natanong na to before and kung nasagot na.

Bale ung 1st assessment result ko was Oct 18, 2018 (expiring on Oct 18, 2020), then I submitted an Appeal and got the response on January 17, 2019.

Ano nakalagay dun sa appeal response? Meron ba note regarding validity?

Ngaun need ko po magpa assess ulit since nasa Section 1 na yung school ko. Do I need to secure all requirements again, COE and CTC'd school documents or can I use the same documents used last Oct 2018?

Nag-change na yung policy ng ACS, they only need coloured scanned copies of the original documents. Di na sila tumatanggap ng CTC. Check the detailed instructions here: https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-skills/Application-Checklist.pdf

Need ko pa ba hingi ulit new COE from my current employer, same employer pa din po ako.

This part di ako sure. Pero it's always better to be on the safe side. Mas okay siguro kung makaka hingi ka ulit ng COE na dated recently.

DIY all the way. Avoid preachy, know-it-all, and unscrupulous agents AT ALL COSTS!

"We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams." - Les Brown

261312 (Developer Programmer) - Main | 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) - Wife

189 (95), 190 (100)

14 Nov | BIG MOVE
    01 Nov | HIRED | First day of work. Remote working arrangement from SG
    --- Trying my luck at job hunting while in Singapore and BM planning on the side ---
    19 Apr | Direct Visa Grant | What a journey... JUST GRATEFUL!

2022 - Pandemic Eases Off

17 Nov | Medical Test Clearance
    15 Nov | Medical Test
    03 Nov | EOI #4, #6 | 189 Withdrawn, 190 NSW Withdrawn
    03 Nov | Visa Application | 190 VIC --- THE REAL WAITING GAME BEGINS!!!
    31 Oct | ITA | 190 VIC | never thought this day would come!!! T.T good decision to defer NSW nomination.
    27 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 NSW --- sabi nila, when it rains, it pours!!!
    26 Oct | Nomination Application | 190 VIC
    26 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 VIC --- one step closer, sa wakas, PADAYON!!!
    21 Oct | EOI #4, #5 + ROI, #6 DoE | 189, 190 VIC, 190 NSW
    21 Oct | ACS Assessment (Wife) Renewal - Suitable
    xx Mar| EOI#1, #2, #3 | 189 Expired, 190 NSW Expired, 190 VIC Expired

2021 - Pandemic Still

25 Sep | ACS Assessment (Main) Renewal - Suitable
    01 Feb | EOI#4 DoE | 189

2020 - Pandemic

19 Aug | EOI#1, #2, #3 DoE | 189, 190 NSW, 190 VIC
    30 Jul | NAATI CCL Online Test | Result: Passed
    09 Mar | PTE (Wife) | Results: L90 R80 S90 W82 (Superior)
    19 Feb | PTE (Main) | Results: L90 R83 S90 W82 (Superior)
    12 Feb | ACS Assessment (Wife) - Suitable | Expired

24 Oct | ACS Assessment (Main) - Suitable | Expired

--- Tons of research, document collection and other necessary preparations ---
    01 Sep | The Beginning | Had the chance to visit Oz, and immediately fell in love with it!

@_sebodemacho said:

@MaceyV said:

Ano nakalagay dun sa appeal response? Meron ba note regarding validity?

Nag-change na yung policy ng ACS, they only need coloured scanned copies of the original documents. Di na sila tumatanggap ng CTC. Check the detailed instructions here: https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-skills/Application-Checklist.pdf

This part di ako sure. Pero it's always better to be on the safe side. Mas okay siguro kung makaka hingi ka ulit ng COE na dated recently.

Regarding Coe, you will only need the most recent one for current employment. No need for past employment as the details in there will never change anyway. As mentioned, best to also double check with ACS customer service so you have something black & white to follow and back up the documents you will be submitting.

• yohjiyohji Mandaluyong

Hello po sa inyo. Magtatanong po ulit sa mga nag RPL or if may inputs ka Ms @RheaMARN1171933.
    1. Sa project report po, ang sabi per ACS guideline is dapat within the last three years and five years ang reports.
    1A. Better po ba if mas recent ang ididiscuss na projects? Ang plan po sana is both reports ay taken within the last 2 years for and yung 2 projects ay naexecute in only 1 role (i.e. Project A completed 2018 Project B completed 2020. Both projects were handled nung siya ay PM).
    1B. Or better po ba na ang idiscuss is 2 projects for 2 different roles?
    1C. Or basta po mameet yung reqt na taken within the last three or five years? Hehe :) which either 1A or 1B naman e pasok sa criteria.

1. Nagcrocross check po ba si ACS sa companies esp sa clients na ginawan ng project given na may client details doon? Natanong ko po ito kasi hindi pa po naipapaalam sa client na isheshare yung details nila as well as yung project details. Baka po magulat si client na hindi sila nainform if ever mag validate si ACS sa kanila. Pashare naman po ng tips, advice, and inputs po ninyo.

Maraming salamat po! Godbless! :)

• Piper003Piper003 Posts: 127Member

@MaceyV said:

@MaceyV said:

Based sa pagkakaintindi ko it should be Jan 2021.
    Nagappeal rin ako at yung Appeal Result Letter ko may nakalagay na:

"This assessment is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of this letter"

@Piper003 said:

@MaceyV said:

@MaceyV said:

Based sa pagkakaintindi ko it should be Jan 2021.
    Nagappeal rin ako at yung Appeal Result Letter ko may nakalagay na:

"This assessment is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of this letter"

@Piper003 @_sebodemacho sorry not an appeal pala but Review ang sinubmit ko (since I need to attach additional documents) and wala sila nilagay na validity ng Review result. So I guess the validity is until Oct 2020.

@RheaMARN1171933
    Humingi na lang din po ako ng employment reference sa employer ko just to be on the safe side since wala naman nabago from my 1st assessment.

Maraming salamat po sa walang sawang pagsagot sa mga katanungan namin. Malaking tulong talaga tong group sa OZ dream natin lahat.
    Best of luck sa ating lahat :)

_sebodemacho

Hi All, not sure if may naka encounter ng gantong error while uploading documents in ACS.

Pls advise how to fix this or do I just submit the application for assessment pero super kulang ng documents ko, then maybe email them the addtl documents needed to be attached sa application?

I am aware na max of 3MB lng per pdf file. I still have few more documents needed to be uploaded but it won't let me and it's giving me the error message below:

so I inquired sa customer service nila, at eto ang sagot:

• happeemee7happeemee7 Posts: 40Member

hello!

ask ko lang sana kayo.. complete na requirements ko pero napapaisip ako if magandang timing ba magpa assess kahit may pandemic since parang huminto din ata mag invite ang DHA.

need your thoughts. help!

salamat

@happeemee7 said:
    hello!

ask ko lang sana kayo.. complete na requirements ko pero napapaisip ako if magandang timing ba magpa assess kahit may pandemic since parang huminto din ata mag invite ang DHA.

need your thoughts. help!

salamat

Yes, best to have your documents ready. Once quotas have been allocated you can lodge your EOI as soon as possible. By this way you’re actually utilising your time more effectively.

• r_orasr_oras Melbourne

@MaceyV said:
    Hi All, not sure if may naka encounter ng gantong error while uploading documents in ACS.

Pls advise how to fix this or do I just submit the application for assessment pero super kulang ng documents ko, then maybe email them the addtl documents needed to be attached sa application?

I am aware na max of 3MB lng per pdf file. I still have few more documents needed to be uploaded but it won't let me and it's giving me the error message below:

Hello po. Naka consolidate po ba ung mga files nyo? Dapat po nasa iisang pdf lang ung Transcript, Certification, etc (unless dalawa or tatlong courses ang natapos mo then separate pdf per course). Same din sa employment, dapat iisang pdf lang per employer.

May pdf consolidator po and pdf file size reducer din na pde mo gamitin (i-type mo lang sa google) para mameet ung file requirements ni ACS. Sana po nakatulong. :)

Business Analyst (261111) | Age: 30 | Language: 20 | Education: 15 | Australian Education: 5 | NAATI CCL: 5 | Professional Year: 5 | Partner Skills: 10 | TOTAL: 90 points

Timeline:
    28/04/2020: Applied for Skills Assesment
    03/06/2020: ACS Skills Assessment Result (Suitable)
    19/06/2020: NAATI CCL Results Released (Passed)
    14/07/2020: PTE Exam Results Released (Superior)
    14/07/2020: Submitted EOI for 189

• Zion15Zion15 Singapore

Hi po ask ko sana sa mga naka base sa SG saan kayo nagpa statutory declaration :) thanks

261312 - Developer Programmer

31/07/17 ACS: Result AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing
    13/09/17 PTE : R(74)L(76)W(84)S(64)
    05/09/18 PTE : R(82)L(75)W(77)S(63)
    19/09/20 PTE : R(89)L(79)W(82)S(79) Superior! Thank you Lord!

@r_oras said:

@MaceyV said:

Hello po. Naka consolidate po ba ung mga files nyo? Dapat po nasa iisang pdf lang ung Transcript, Certification, etc (unless dalawa or tatlong courses ang natapos mo then separate pdf per course). Same din sa employment, dapat iisang pdf lang per employer.

May pdf consolidator po and pdf file size reducer din na pde mo gamitin (i-type mo lang sa google) para mameet ung file requirements ni ACS. Sana po nakatulong. :)

@r_oras mag eexceed ng 3mb if magkakasama sila lalo na ung payment evidence eh. Try ko hanapin yang pdf file size reducer. Salamat po.

• r_orasr_oras Melbourne

@MaceyV said:
    @r_oras mag eexceed ng 3mb if magkakasama sila lalo na ung payment evidence eh. Try ko hanapin yang pdf file size reducer. Salamat po.

You have to fit all documents together po per employer/per qualification. Yan ang nakalagay po sa ACS Skills Assessment Guideline.

Preparing Documents to Upload into the Online Application Form
    1. Consolidate all pages into one PDF document for each qualification and each employment entry.
    2. Scan High Quality Colour documents (at least 300dpi)
    3. Maximum limit of 3MB per PDF upload
    4. Ensure your PDF files are not encrypted or read only
    5. Upload the PDF files of your documents into the Online Application Form
    6. If submitting electronic documents with digital signatures, it must be verifiable

Pero nasa sa inyo parin yan if you'd rather submit your documents as you wish.

Business Analyst (261111) | Age: 30 | Language: 20 | Education: 15 | Australian Education: 5 | NAATI CCL: 5 | Professional Year: 5 | Partner Skills: 10 | TOTAL: 90 points

Timeline:

@r_oras said:

@MaceyV said:

You have to fit all documents together po per employer/per qualification. Yan ang nakalagay po sa ACS Skills Assessment Guideline.

1. Consolidate all pages into one PDF document for each qualification and each employment entry.
    6. If submitting electronic documents with digital signatures, it must be verifiable

@r_oras okay na po ni resize ko sya as per your advise. My bad..ang pagkakaintindi ko kasi is separate file ung payslips, separate sss, separate TOR etc.
    Maraming salamat po sa pagclarify.

r_oras
  • r_orasr_oras Melbourne

@MaceyV said:
    @r_oras okay na po ni resize ko sya as per your advise. My bad..ang pagkakaintindi ko kasi is separate file ung payslips, separate sss, separate TOR etc.

Walang anuman po and all the best sa assessment and sa process na rin! :)

MaceyV

Timeline:

• kingsolomondkingsolomond Manila

Hi All

If ever may naka experience na sa inyo. Asking for a friend, she already has a positive assessment from ACS. Basically "the following employment after 15 May 2012" was approved. Nag submit ndn sya EOI last year so basically naging 8 years na ung experience so plus points na un.

Problem is, nag move sya sa new work last November. Basically hndi kasama sa assessment ung new work nya. Need pb ng new assessment sa ACS para mabilang din un para maging 8 years? Thank you!

@kingsolomond said:
    Hi All

If ever may naka experience na sa inyo. Asking for a friend, she already has a positive assessment from ACS. Basically "the following employment after 15 May 2012" was approved. Nag submit ndn sya EOI last year so basically naging 8 years na ung experience so plus points na un.

Problem is, nag move sya sa new work last November. Basically hndi kasama sa assessment ung new work nya. Need pb ng new assessment sa ACS para mabilang din un para maging 8 years? Thank you!

That’s correct, otherwise she’ll need to update her eoi to notify she’s finished her employment with the previous one to stop skillselect from including her current employer just so she won’t be over claiming points in the end

kingsolomond

@MaceyV said:

@r_oras said:

@MaceyV said:

hala po sa akin may ibang nakaseparate kasi exceeds ng 3MB dahil madami ding pages. okay lang ba yun?

• r_orasr_oras Melbourne

@happeemee7 said:
    hala po sa akin may ibang nakaseparate kasi exceeds ng 3MB dahil madami ding pages. okay lang ba yun?

Hello po. I guess okay lang naman po siguro. Hindi lang nman siguro kayo lang ang nagsubmit ng application documents na ganyan. Though baka may effect sya sa length ng processing time (not sure lang).

Ang alam ko kasi mas ip-prefer nila ung nasa isang pdf per qualification lang para hndi na sila maghanap hanap ng kadugtong nung documents.

Timeline:

@r_oras said:

@happeemee7 said:

Hello po. I guess okay lang naman po siguro. Hindi lang nman siguro kayo lang ang nagsubmit ng application documents na ganyan. Though baka may effect sya sa length ng processing time (not sure lang).

Ang alam ko kasi mas ip-prefer nila ung nasa isang pdf per qualification lang para hndi na sila maghanap hanap ng kadugtong nung documents.

salamat po... usually po ilang days bago nakukuha yung ACS assessment result? salamat po

• r_orasr_oras Melbourne

@happeemee7 said:
    salamat po... usually po ilang days bago nakukuha yung ACS assessment result? salamat po

Ang nakalagay po sa website nila is 8 - 10 weeks ang processing time pero nakuha ung sakin within 5 weeks after submission.

Timeline:

@happeemee7 said:

@r_oras said:

@happeemee7 said:

Website says 10 weeks but our average turn around is usually 2 weeks. The key is to submit a decision ready application.

• SAP_ConsultantSAP_Consultant Australia

@yohji said:
    Hello po sa inyo. Magtatanong po ulit sa mga nag RPL or if may inputs ka Ms @RheaMARN1171933.
    1. Sa project report po, ang sabi per ACS guideline is dapat within the last three years and five years ang reports.
    1A. Better po ba if mas recent ang ididiscuss na projects? Ang plan po sana is both reports ay taken within the last 2 years for and yung 2 projects ay naexecute in only 1 role (i.e. Project A completed 2018 Project B completed 2020. Both projects were handled nung siya ay PM).
    1C. Or basta po mameet yung reqt na taken within the last three or five years? Hehe :) which either 1A or 1B naman e pasok sa criteria.

1. Nagcrocross check po ba si ACS sa companies esp sa clients na ginawan ng project given na may client details doon? Natanong ko po ito kasi hindi pa po naipapaalam sa client na isheshare yung details nila as well as yung project details. Baka po magulat si client na hindi sila nainform if ever mag validate si ACS sa kanila. Pashare naman po ng tips, advice, and inputs po ninyo.

1. Refer below.
    Within last 3 years (2018-2020)
    Within last 5 years (2015-2020)

1. They may or may not validate sa client, who knows? But having the contact details, anyone can easily lookup in the internet.

Just provide complete it truthfully and in compliance with the guide.

• pissedballpissedball Manila
    MaceyV said:

Hope may magrespond po and matulungan ako. Maraming salamat po and good luck sa ating lahat.

What kind of appeal ? If it is about the positive assessment, the validity is 3 yrs from the time of the issuance of result. If it is re-assessment - the latest reassessment result.
    If you're claiming for additional work experience points... YES, you need a new COE.
    Getting new assessment on the basis that the school is upgraded to section is impractical. What for ? School sectioning has nothing to do with skills assessment. It's the ICT CONTENT/subjects in your tertiary education plays the important role in assessing your qualification, plus your work experience should equate with it.

skilled migrant now Aussie.
    Registered ACS Certified Professional (MACS CP) since 2012

Manila-based

• pissedballpissedball Manila

hello Po. may nakapagpa-assess po ba dito recently?

mai tanong lang po ako para sa kaibigan ko.

1. required pa rin ba ang payslips? for the entire duration na nag work ka sa isang company?

2. pwede ba mag pa assess ng multiple skills? e.g. ICT Support Engineer or Computer Network and Systems Engineer?

3. paano kapag wala ng payslips kasi sobrang matagal nah, baka na delete na sa system?

4. Paano kapag electronice or online ang reference letter? bawal na kasi mag print sa office daw nila.

maraming salamat po.

1. NO. If you gathered all your pay slips from year 1 to year 10 - you're something else. Congratulations.
    2. NO. Isa-isa lang, mahina ang kalaban. You can apply many times though. If you didn't get a positive result from your nominated occupation, they try another occupation until you get a positive one.
    3. In the absence of pay slip, make a Statutory Declaration with brief explanation, attached other proof of employment like contract, or employment offer, or any proof that constitutes employment.
    4. About online reference letter ? This is new to me hehehe, In my opinion YES, it's valid and support it with another Statutory Declaration why the company issues only electronic/online Reference Letter.

skilled migrant now Aussie.
    Registered ACS Certified Professional (MACS CP) since 2012

Manila-based

• yohjiyohji Mandaluyong

Hello po. Question. Sa mga may documents gaya ng diploma na naka Filipino language. Kung nakakuha na ng English translation, kailangan pa po ba isama sa isu> @SAP_Consultant said:

@yohji said:

1. Refer below.
    Within last 3 years (2018-2020)
    Within last 5 years (2015-2020)

1. They may or may not validate sa client, who knows? But having the contact details, anyone can easily lookup in the internet.

Just provide complete it truthfully and in compliance with the guide.

Thank you po! :)