Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Australian Computer Society Skills Application

Comments

• casssiecasssie

@Aki_611 said:
    Hi everyone! New member here, I'd like to ask for your insights based on the following credentials:
    School: STI College - Section 3
    Course: BSIT
    Work Experience: Software Tester - 4 years (2 different companies)

I'm planning to get assessed for 261314 - Software Tester, here are my questions:
    1. How many years of experience will ASC deduct?
    2. Will I be required to submit an RPL report?
    3. Can I still get points on educational qualifications if my school is under Section 3?
    4. Is there any chance of getting a positive skill assessment?

Thank you po sa makakasagot :)

hi, BSIT-section 3 grad here!

1. ACS deducted 6 yrs on my work exp - masakit mhie! 😭
    2. no
    3. yes, AQF diploma = 10 pts
    4. di ako sure.. if 6 yrs yung deduction, kulang pa yung exp mo. but im not an ACS assessor, so try to submit pa din or wait for others' input on this.

iirc, the only way for a section 3 to equate to a bachelor's degree is dapat may license. sadly, wala nun sa IT course.

Aki_611

m(au)nifesting 🇦🇺

• Skies3955Skies3955 Posts: 2Member

Hi, apologies if natanong na, medyo mahaba na din kasi.

I've reached out to my previous employers for their reference letters, but they won't provide my job description due to privacy reason. It's also difficult to reach out to previous colleagues especially need ipa-notarize yung working relationship namin. Would like to ask if strict ba talaga si ACS dito?

Also, wala na din akong natagong payslips, BIR forms, or bank statements from my employment 10+ years ago. Ano pa kaya other options dito?

• samchamsamcham Posts: 16Member

Hello, may nakapagpa-assessment na po ba dito using the new/updated guidelines ng ACS? Kamusta po ang results nung sainyo po? :)

• jmcountersjmcounters Posts: 85Member

@Skies3955 said:

I've reached out to my previous employers for their reference letters, but they won't provide my job description due to privacy reason. It's also difficult to reach out to previous colleagues especially need ipa-notarize yung working relationship namin. Would like to ask if strict ba talaga si ACS dito?

Yes- COE and statutory declaration lang talaga basis nila if aligned yung ginawa mo sa nominated occupation mo.

Also, wala na din akong natagong payslips, BIR forms, or bank statements from my employment 10+ years ago. Ano pa kaya other options dito?

AFAIK, employment in the past 10 years lang. Yung 10+ years di kasama. I could be wrong.

@asfal0th said:

@lunabell013 said:

@applepiemama said:
    Hello,

Anybody from ACN had the same issue regarding the employee reference?

Since the document from ACN only has the company seal and addressed from the HR department, did you have any issues using it for assessment?

@applepiemama former ACN employee here. I got my employee reference from them with duties and responsibilities. It takes almost 2 months. Back and forth with the HR kasi non standard yung request ko and hindi sila nag iissue ng ganun due to privacy. I told them the purpose is for skills assesment and gave the ACS guideline and the link to guideline. We had a call, they are very responsive.
    I gave them general description of my work without citing clients name and specifics. I am done with the assessment as well, at wala ako na receive na issue from ACS.

Hello, did they specify the work location in your non-standard COE? They finally provided me a non-standard COE, but it does not have a specific work location (even though I requested for it). When I emailed them to request to add it, they (Accenture HR) said it's not needed as the office address is already in the COE. Is it the same case with you as well?

Ex-ACN employee here. Tama si HR kasi they are writing from the address indicated na.

• whitedaisywhitedaisy Posts: 2Member

Nag-request po ako ng employment reference letter from one of my previous employers but unfortunately they’re out of business/permanently closed na. So I asked my former team lead for a stat declaration pero wala daw po syang mapoprovide na COE sakin kasi hindi nagbigay yung company before magsara. Ano po kayang pwedeng alternative dito?

Will ACS accept job offer of my former team lead as a supporting document of our working relationship in that company?

• mathilde9mathilde9 Singapore

@whitedaisy said:
    Nag-request po ako ng employment reference letter from one of my previous employers but unfortunately they’re out of business/permanently closed na. So I asked my former team lead for a stat declaration pero wala daw po syang mapoprovide na COE sakin kasi hindi nagbigay yung company before magsara. Ano po kayang pwedeng alternative dito?

Will ACS accept job offer of my former team lead as a supporting document of our working relationship in that company?

Siguro provide something else like company id, ITR tutal willing naman sya yata ishare JO nya haha. Or any govt docs na natabi nya implicitly stating na same kayo ng employer during that period. Di mo din naman malalaman yung judgement ng assessor.

whitedaisy

Total Points ~~ NSW SC190: 90pts
    Points Breakdown:
    Age:25 | English:20 | Employment:15 | Education:15 | Single:10
    Been to Australia a few times and I just wanted to settle there. "I belong here" ganon.
    ~~~~
    10 2021 - Research about AU migration; read a lot of related articles; consulted with agent for initial assessment. Decided to DIY.
    11 2021 - PTE (Proficient)
    11 2021 - Suitable ACS Skills Assessment received (8+ years suitable, 5weeks 4days TAT)
    ~~~~
    01 2022 - EOIs submitted (matumal and slight hiatus since na-busy sa ibang bagay)
    ~~~~
    09 2023 - PTE retake (Superior 90 overall)
    09 2023 - Updated EOIs to reflect +10pts on English Test
    11 2023 - ACS Assessment expired T_T (but already prepared for re-assessment a few weeks before)
    11 2023 - ACS deemed my skills unsuitable because of missing documents. Nilaban ko.
    12 2023 - Suitable ACS Skills reassessment (8+ years) after 1month of review and pangungulit (no fee incurred, fault nila)
    12 2023 - Some EOIs expired T_T
    12 2023 - New EOIs submitted (NSW, VIC, ACT, and 189)
    ~~~~
    02 2024 - Booked NAATI Exam (desperate to max out point for a chance of invite)
    02 2024 - Received NSW 190 pre-invite!! ✩₊˚ (tears of joy, TYL! ). Cancelled NAATI test at 75% refund.
    02 2024 - Final NSW ITA received after 1 business day ✩₊˚
    02 2024 - Visa Lodgement
    02 2024 - Medicals. Cleared after 1 business day @ SATA AMK
    02 2024 - Singapore Police Clearance. Completed/claimed after 6 business days
    _ _ 2024 - ✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧** Visa Grant! **✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

• lunabell013lunabell013 Posts: 17Member

@asfal0th said:

@lunabell013 said:

@applepiemama said:
    Hello,

Anybody from ACN had the same issue regarding the employee reference?

Since the document from ACN only has the company seal and addressed from the HR department, did you have any issues using it for assessment?

@applepiemama former ACN employee here. I got my employee reference from them with duties and responsibilities. It takes almost 2 months. Back and forth with the HR kasi non standard yung request ko and hindi sila nag iissue ng ganun due to privacy. I told them the purpose is for skills assesment and gave the ACS guideline and the link to guideline. We had a call, they are very responsive.
    I gave them general description of my work without citing clients name and specifics. I am done with the assessment as well, at wala ako na receive na issue from ACS.

Hello, did they specify the work location in your non-standard COE? They finally provided me a non-standard COE, but it does not have a specific work location (even though I requested for it). When I emailed them to request to add it, they (Accenture HR) said it's not needed as the office address is already in the COE. Is it the same case with you as well?

they do not provide work location. The HR is correct, nasa taas na po yung address, no need na i specify pa. It is still outside Australia unless na deploy ka sa AU for a year?

• kevinoxykevinoxy Posts: 8Member

Hello everyone!

Regarding the resulting ACS assessment, I have the following:

The following employment after 11 July 2017 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to ANZSCO Code 261313 (Software Engineer).
    Dates: 07/15 - 07/17 - 2 year(s) 0 month(s)
    Position: Software Engineer
    Employer: A
    Dates: 07/17 - 02/18 - 0 year(s) 7 month(s)
    Position: Software Engineer - Web
    Employer: B
    Dates: 03/18 - 03/24 - 6 year(s) 0 month(s)
    Employer: C

Is my understanding correct, that when filling out the EOI form in SkillSelect (like the image below), I can only claim after 11 July 2017. So it'd look something like this?

• Employer A - but input 12 July 2017 instead of July 2015
    • Employer B
    • Employer C

Or, should I still input July 2015 for the first position since SkillSelect will automatically deduct the years?

• aethosaethos Posts: 52Member

@kevinoxy said:
    Hello everyone!

The following employment after 11 July 2017 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to ANZSCO Code 261313 (Software Engineer).

Is my understanding correct, that when filling out the EOI form in SkillSelect (like the image below), I can only claim after 11 July 2017. So it'd look something like this?

• Employer B
    • Employer C

Or, should I still input July 2015 for the first position since SkillSelect will automatically deduct the years?

No, you have to put start date yung after 11 July, SkillSelect will not automatically deduct, iccount nya.

kevinoxymathilde9

263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
    12-12-23 Submitted ACS skills Assessment

• casssiecasssie

@kevinoxy said:
    Hello everyone!

• Employer B
    • Employer C

you will create 2 entries for your employer A:

input july 2015-july 11 2017
    not related

input july 12 2017-end date
    related

kevinoxy

m(au)nifesting 🇦🇺

• Skies3955Skies3955 Posts: 2Member

@jmcounters said:

@Skies3955 said:

Yes- COE and statutory declaration lang talaga basis nila if aligned yung ginawa mo sa nominated occupation mo.

Yung COE na-provide po pero hindi yung format ni ACS. e.g Confidential daw ang JD so hindi nila pwede i-include yun.

May start/end date and title ko yung COE.

Nahihiya lang kasi ako magpa-Statutory-Declaration kasi nakita ko need pa ipa-notarize, ang busy kasi nung lead ko, kaya trying to ask if pwede na ba yung generic COE...

@Skies3955 said:

@jmcounters said:

@Skies3955 said:

Yung COE na-provide po pero hindi yung format ni ACS. e.g Confidential daw ang JD so hindi nila pwede i-include yun.

May start/end date and title ko yung COE.

Nahihiya lang kasi ako magpa-Statutory-Declaration kasi nakita ko need pa ipa-notarize, ang busy kasi nung lead ko, kaya trying to ask if pwede na ba yung generic COE...

Unfortunately, kung walang JD or Statutory declaration, hindi yun maaassess kasi wala sila basis anong duties mo doon sa job na yon. I suggest you talk to HR and explain na pwede naman nila wag ilagay yung confidential information dun sa duties mo. What I did is I created my job description, similar to what I put in my CV na puro technical description ng task lang and walang statement explicitly on the entities I worked with, then submit it to HR much like a proposal.

In case di talaga nila mabigay, yung statutory declaration talaga ang kailangan mo gawin. Wag ka mahiya kasi future mo yang nakasalalay dyan. hehe

If you can't provide both, di mo mapapa-assess yan. I think that was clear sa guidelines kasi without job description, how else are they going to check if aligned yung role mo sa company na yan dun sa nominated occupation mo?

Ayun lang. If may iba pang option for you, let's wait to hear from others dito.

Skies3955
  • ChazzChelzChazzChelz Posts: 5Member

Hi , question lang po sa mga ng RPL paano nyo sinagot ung sa section 4 Project Report without breaking the NDA. Kc sa form they are asking for specific clients and information, could we input your current employers detail?

• janellajanella Posts: 35Member

Hello po good afternoon, clarify ko lang po kung yung declaration of years of Working experience for Victoria State and NSW will differ?
    For 189 and 190:

For example, sa VIC po ba pwedeng ideclare yung full working experience (eg, 3 years) and equivalent points (5 pts)

Tapos sa NSW depende po siya sa Skilled Date na binigay sa ACS result letter ( less than 3 years = 0 pts) due to deducted 2 years of ACS.

Thank you so much po.

ANZSCO 261111 - ICT Business Analyst | Age: 25 | English: 20 | Work (offshore) : TBD | Qualification: 15 | Total:

• blacksmithblacksmith Philippines

Hello IT peeps!

Baka meron kayo ma recommend na agent? yung maalam sa field natin. Preferably filipino and based in Victoria.

Thanks

@blacksmith said:
    Hello IT peeps!

Baka meron kayo ma recommend na agent? yung maalam sa field natin. Preferably filipino and based in Victoria.

Thanks

Maison Chen. Traci Migration sila sa social media. They seem competitive and efficient.

Points Breakdown:
    Been to Australia a few times and I just wanted to settle there. "I belong here" ganon.
    ~~~~
    10 2021 - Research about AU migration; read a lot of related articles; consulted with agent for initial assessment. Decided to DIY.
    11 2021 - Suitable ACS Skills Assessment received (8+ years suitable, 5weeks 4days TAT)
    ~~~~
    01 2022 - EOIs submitted (matumal and slight hiatus since na-busy sa ibang bagay)
    ~~~~
    11 2023 - ACS Assessment expired T_T (but already prepared for re-assessment a few weeks before)
    11 2023 - ACS deemed my skills unsuitable because of missing documents. Nilaban ko.
    12 2023 - Suitable ACS Skills reassessment (8+ years) after 1month of review and pangungulit (no fee incurred, fault nila)
    ~~~~
    02 2024 - Received NSW 190 pre-invite!! ✩₊˚ (tears of joy, TYL! ). Cancelled NAATI test at 75% refund.
    02 2024 - Visa Lodgement

@mathilde9 said:

@blacksmith said:
    Hello IT peeps!

Thanks

Maison Chen. Traci Migration sila sa social media. They seem competitive and efficient.

Thanks! yea I follow her, do you know how much kaya estimated legal fees nila for GSM application?

Auspac Visa rejected my application because Atty Cardona wasn't confident about the recent changes of ACS. Ayaw niya maging lab rat ako which I appreciate her kindness.

Any thoughts about BridgeAus or Respall?

@blacksmith said:
    Auspac Visa rejected my application because Atty Cardona wasn't confident about the recent changes of ACS. Ayaw niya maging lab rat ako which I appreciate her kindness.

Hmm bakit naman lab rat? If you don't mind sharing, is your case complicated? Meron dito mga nakapagpa assess naman and mas mabilis pa nga compared sa dati. Parang ang mga agents ngayon nagrrange na from 3000-4000aud eh.

Points Breakdown:
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    02 2024 - Visa Lodgement

Not really sure. My case is not that complicated. She told me to do the ACS on my own (kasi mahirap daw) and once positive balik daw sa kanila if I want to proceed with them. Noong March lang ito before ACS changes. Na discourage ako kaya I had to pause. Kaya now sadly back to zero ako looking another agent. I can't do it DYI as much as I want, puno lang schedule.

For reference:
    5yrs work exp as software engineer/developer straight
    BSIT from a section 2 school

@blacksmith said:
    Not really sure. My case is not that complicated. She told me to do the ACS on my own (kasi mahirap daw) and once positive balik daw sa kanila if I want to proceed with them. Noong March lang ito before ACS changes. Na discourage ako kaya I had to pause. Kaya now sadly back to zero ako looking another agent. I can't do it DYI as much as I want, puno lang schedule.

For reference:

I went and used Respall. I was also rejected by an agent before dahil daw hindi pareho and job title ko with the nominated occupation. They know enough not to base on the job title only >.<. Pero yes, they are competent naman.

@jmcounters said:

@blacksmith said:

For reference:

I went and used Respall. I was also rejected by an agent before dahil daw hindi pareho and job title ko with the nominated occupation. They know enough not to base on the job title only >.<. Pero yes, they are competent naman.

dibaaa same!
    Thanks po for sharing I already booked consultation for both respall and bridgeaus para makapili ng maayos na agent. I heard these two agents from this forum eh

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,717Member, Administrator, Moderator

@jmcounters said:

@Skies3955 said:

AFAIK, employment in the past 10 years lang. Yung 10+ years di kasama. I could be wrong.

I tell clients to provide evidences as far back. ACS deducts from beyond 10 years.

@blacksmith said:

Hmm, I only have nothing but positive things to say with the new process. Very quick turn around on cases we’ve lodged so far.

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@blacksmith said:

Hmm, I only have nothing but positive things to say with the new process. Very quick turn around on cases we’ve lodged so far.

Thank you, I'm just wondering how can I can book an appointment with you? I heard many good things as well about Visa Consort.

• asfal0thasfal0th Singapore

@michiko1004 said:
    May nagpasa ba recently ng skills assessment using sss/pagibig + payslip as payment evidence? Ok naman ? Wala ba kau naging problema?

Hi, on this, SSS contributions + BIR 2316 would suffice as well?

• zedczedc Posts: 18Member

Mejo na confuse ako sa "Salary and Benefits (per your company’s guidelines)".

Nakuha ko kasi mga employment refference ko, based dun sa requirements ng ACS dati wala naman salary dapat naka indicate kung di ako nag kakamali. Grabe pa naman maka awa ko sakanila para makuha exact details hehe.

Acceptable po ba yung wala ng compensation na employment refferences?

• aethosaethos Posts: 52Member

@zedc said:
    Mejo na confuse ako sa "Salary and Benefits (per your company’s guidelines)".

Nakuha ko kasi mga employment refference ko, based dun sa requirements ng ACS dati wala naman salary dapat naka indicate kung di ako nag kakamali. Grabe pa naman maka awa ko sakanila para makuha exact details hehe.

Acceptable po ba yung wala ng compensation na employment refferences?

In my case, lahat ng employment reference ko walang salary accepted naman.

263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
    12-12-23 Submitted ACS skills Assessment

@blacksmith said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@blacksmith said:

Thank you, I'm just wondering how can I can book an appointment with you? I heard many good things as well about Visa Consort.

Just saw this…not sure if I’ve replied or you’ve been in touch with my team but in any case, please complete our webform and one of my colleagues will get in touch shortly

https://visaconsort.com/