Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

How long did it take you to get a job?

Comments

• iammaxwell1989iammaxwell1989 Melbourne
    Share lang.

I applied for a graduate role in a Sydney based energy company last July. The position has the duties and responsibilities exactly like what I had in my previous job, so I thought I had a pretty good chance of nailing this one.

First week of August, while I was on the way to an interview for a kitchen assistant role, the HR from the energy company ringed and asked if she could interview me. I said yes, so I talked to her while I was on the train. Finally she said she'd schedule me for an interview with the national manager within the week.

I waited for the call, I followed up through e-mail a couple of times, but there was no response. By the end of August, I decided to let go and move on.

Early October, the company posted a similar role. This time it's a more senior, non-graduate position. I applied for the role, and the same HR called up by third week of October. She apologized for not getting back on me during my previous application, but she said she felt that I am more suited for this new role. I was ecstatic.

I was scheduled for a video conference with the national technical manager and the hiring manager first week of November. I thought I did okay in the interview, although I did not feel it was an outstanding one.

End of November, after sending them two follow up e-mails and a phone call, a new HR officer called up to say that the position I am applying for is currently on hold. She said they will not be pursuing the process due to 'internal changes' in the company. Whatever 'internal changes' those were, I did not bother to ask. This time it was easier to move on. I was numbed and fed up, I almost didn't care.

Second week of December, the new HR called me up again and asked if I am still interested with the position. Naturally I said yes. She asked for my professional referees and established contact the same week. After completing the reference checks by Friday last week, she said they are just waiting for approval.

The truth is, my job hunting experience was both depressing and exciting. But more than that, it was a learning experience. I am happy I took the risk. After 500++ CV and cover letter revisions, following almost half a year of application, and a masters degree in the interview process, I was offered the job yesterday.

Finally a role perfectly suited to my skills, experience, and passion.

In His own time. I understand that now.

Happy holidays everyone!

10&13 Oct 2012 - IELTS
    26 Oct 2012 - IELTS Results
    17 Feb 2013 - Lodged Visa 476
    07 June 2013 - CO Allocated
    22 Aug 2013 - Visa Grant for me and my girlfriend
    07 April 2014 - Touchdown Melbourne!
    14 March 2015 - IELTS in Melbourne
    16 June 2015 - Submitted EA Skills Assessment (Electrical Engineer)
    23 June 2015 - PTE-A in Melbourne
    2 July 2015 - Received positive EA skills assessment
    6 July 2015 - Submitted EOI for visa 189 (65 points)
    3 Aug 2015 - ITA
    4 Aug 2015 - Lodged app for visa 189. Bridging visa released
    19 Nov 2015 - Visa 189 granted for me and my GF
    7 April 2018 - Lodged Citizenship
    21 Jan 2019 - Immi response
    29 March 2019 - Citizenship exam passed

• rencerencerencerencerencerence Melbourne
    Astig na Christmas gift yan!
  • lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    @iammaxwell1989 congrats sir..
    next up.. PR visa application..

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

Rence, oo nga eh, humabol sa pasko.

@lock_code2004 PR visa na nga ang next! :) hehe.

Merry christmas sa lahat! :)

10&13 Oct 2012 - IELTS
    3 Aug 2015 - ITA

• IslanderndCityIslanderndCity Adelaide
    @iammaxwell1989 congrats! so in August you just made follow-ups thru several emails while in November follow-up emails plus a call?
    I'm just figuring out that a follow-up call might be the thing 'done differently' in November?

Assessed Occupation: Industrial Engineer (IE 233511)
    Achieved Goal: Australia PR (Permanent Resident). Thanks God!

...sharpening my core gifts now...
    ...working on new, better goals...

Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. ~Luke 6:28~

Hi @IslanderndCity.

Yup. I rang the HR to follow up because she wasn't responding to my e-mail. I think at least a week or two yung gap ng mga follow ups ko.

10&13 Oct 2012 - IELTS
    3 Aug 2015 - ITA

@iammaxwell1989 great! congrats

• dominickdominick Sydney
    Congrats @iammaxwell1989! Very inspiring. Sana makapag-share din ako dito ng ganyang story soon. Haha. Welcome to Sydney!

17 Aug 2013 - IELTS results (LRWS - 7.5, 8.5, 7, 7)
    05 Feb 2014 - Skilled recognised graduate visa (subclass 476) grant
    02 Sep 2014 - Touchdown Sydney! :)
    04 Mar 2015 - Got a full-time permanent job in Sydney
    11 Sep 2015 - IELTS 2nd take results (LRWS - 9, 9, 7.5, 8)
    15 Sep 2015 - Lodged EA Migration Skills Assessment fast-track application (Electrical Engineer)
    16 Sep 2015 - Received positive results from EA
    01 Nov 2015 - PTE-A results (LRWS - 90, 79, 90, 90)
    02 Nov 2015 - Submitted EOI for visa 189 (65 points)
    06 Nov 2015 - Received invitation to apply for visa 189
    24 Dec 2015 - Lodged application for visa 189
    23 Jan 2016 - CO requested for additional documents

• wizardofOzwizardofOz Brisbane
    Congrats @iammaxwell1989! and thanks for your story..

For us who have just been granted a visa, yung Magical moment nung Visa Grant was quite short-lived, or we are still celebrating pero unti-unti nang nagssink-in na yung reality na there’s a new challenge waiting ahead… The challenge of finding a job.

Yung feeling na, nasa comfort zone kana, eto back to zero nanaman, and you’re risking losing lahat nung naipon mong pera na natutunaw for every day na hindi ka magiging employed sa Oz.

BUT, Positive Vibes lang…. Nasa Diyos ang Awa, Nasa Tao ang Gawa…. Prayers and Kumilos din ;)

Nominated Occupation: Plant or Production Engineer (ANZSCO 233513)

03/23/13: IELTS GT Exam (British Council)
    04/05/13: IELTS Results L:7.0/R:7.5/W:7.5/S:8.5 OBS: 7.5
    makalipas ang isang taon....
    04/20/14: CDR Application sent to EA
    07/09/14: EA started reviewing my CDR
    08/08/14: EA Assessment Positive Results (Thank you LORD!!!)
    09/16/14: Requested EA for a Duplicate Letter (Original Outcome Letter lost during mail delivery to PH)
    09/21/14: Duplicate Assessment Letter received (Finally!!)
    09/21/14: EOI Lodged (70 pts)
    09/22/14: Invited to lodge Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) visa
    09/23/14: Obtained Overseas PCC
    09/29/14: Obtained NBI Clearance
    10/12/14: Lodged application - Visa Subclass 189
    10/12/14: Uploaded docs
    10/20/14: Medicals Done
    12/06/14: Direct Grant! To GOD Be the Glory!
    12/13/14: Completed Initial Entry - Sydney

• penski516penski516 St Leonards
    hey guys, I have been meaning to share my experience the moment I have something to tell specifically to this thread/question. Ito ang pinakabinabalik-balikan ko kasi specially nung papalapit na ang big move. Like most of you, I have been very weary, anxious, excited and a bit scared of what would be the actual answer to this post as it applies to us, individually. How long does it take to land a job?

To jump right to it, mine took 6 days. I arrived here Jan 15th, I was offered the job yesterday (Jan 21st) and I'm about to start tomorrow, Jan 23rd. Of course, there's more to it than just the actual dates and days but I can tell you that it wasn't easy and it won't ever be possible without the advice from friends, tons of prayers, and the grace of God.

WARNING: Long read... (sorry)

I'm in IT (.Net Web Development) and I think the most crucial step for me is taking the advice of my friend who was already here before I came. That is, to accept the fact that it's really hard to compete in landing a job here, really hard.

I tried to really prepare for the opportunity before it came. Ang nasa isip ko lagi is - if someone called and interviewed me right then, I had to deal with the possibility that this interview could be my last shot for the next weeks or months and I simply had to maximize the chance.

With that in mind, I really took my time to brush up my skills weeks bago ko umalis ng Pinas (pati yung mga stuff na nababasa lang and nalilimutan na natin sa everyday work). Then when I came here, I refurbished my CV over and over until I am thoroughly satisfied. I didn't send out a single CV/cover letter until I was really ready to take interviews.

So when I came here nung 15th, nakapagsend pa lang ako ng Cover letters and CVs nung 18th (dahil sa tagal kong magproof read) sa mga jobs na I think I am a fit sa Seek. I didn't apply to a lot of job posts. I searched,scanned, filtered and applied to 17 jobs that I saw was a really good fit for what I've been doing.

Come the 19th (monday), I got 2 calls from recruiters and 1 call from an hr/resource manager ng company. The same day, I was asked to take 2 technical exams, 1 behavioral exam, which I did at home. I also had a face to face interview with a technical recruiter.

On the 20th (tuesday), I was asked by the hr/resource manager to come into their office for a face to face interview and to sit another exam. Around 30 minutes after I left their office, I was called to come back the next day for another set of panel interviews and again, a (more) technical exam.

Finally on the 21st (wednesday), I met with the manager and a senior guy from the team and had the interview and did another technical exam. Then, around 30 mins after I left their building, the HR manager called me to say I landed the job and I will start on the 23rd. They sent me the offer letter for counter-signing na rin.

I know my story is a bit shorter than some others who shared their tale. What I had going for me was training my mindset to deal with the challenge of job hunting by being prepared even before the interviews came in. This may or may not work for everyone. But at least for me, being confident and at the same ready for the opportunity is a very powerful combo to add to the heaps of prayers.

For whatever it is, don't shy away from making that big leap of faith sa paghahanap dito ng work. I was preparing for the worse, then I was given better than I had honestly expected. I truly believe that God has everything planned and He works through ways we just can't comprehend as long as we give it our honest best.

Goodluck and Godbless everyone!!!

Eto na.. July 10, 2014 - Direct Visa Grant!!! - Thank you Bossing! -AMDG

..Waiting for CO.. or Direct Visa Grant.. :)

February 7, 2014 - Completed medicals at St Lukes BGC
    February 6, 2014 - NBI Clearance acquired
    February 4, 2014 - Lodged Visa 190 Application
    January 31, 2014 - Received Positive VIC SS, invited to apply for 190 with 60 points. Thank God! :)
    December 2013 - EOI and Vic SS application (60 points including VIC SS if invited)
    December 2013 (deferred until Feb 2014) - IELTS Take 2 (Aiming for atleast an 8 on all bands sa tulong ng review center this time)
    September 16 2013 - ACS Results : Suitable - Bachelors degree, 2 years experiences = 15 points
    August 9 2013 - IELTS Results: LR-9, S-7.5, W-7, OBS-8 = 10 points Salamat po Lord!
    July 27 2013 - IELTS Take 1 (hopefully first and last)
    June 13 2013 - Submitted papers for ACS Assessment
    (waited for a little more experience...)
    January 2012 - Started collecting COEs and Academic records

hey guys, I have been meaning to share my experience the moment I have something to tell specifically to this thread/question. Ito ang pinakabinabalik-balikan ko kasi specially nung papalapit na ang big move. Like most of you, I have been very weary, anxious, excited and a bit scared of what would be the actual answer to this post as it applies to us, individually. How long does it take to land a job?

To jump right to it, mine took 6 days. I arrived here Jan 15th, I was offered the job yesterday (Jan 21st) and I'm about to start tomorrow, Jan 23rd. Of course, there's more to it than just the actual dates and days but I can tell you that it wasn't easy and it won't ever be possible without the advice from friends, tons of prayers, and the grace of God.

I'm in IT (.Net Web Development) and I think the most crucial step for me is taking the advice of my friend who was already here before I came. That is, to accept the fact that it's really hard to compete in landing a job here, really hard.

I tried to really prepare for the opportunity before it came. Ang nasa isip ko lagi is - if someone called and interviewed me right then, I had to deal with the possibility that this interview could be my last shot for the next weeks or months and I simply had to maximize the chance.

With that in mind, I really took my time to brush up my skills weeks bago ko umalis ng Pinas (pati yung mga stuff na nababasa lang and nalilimutan na natin sa everyday work). Then when I came here, I refurbished my CV over and over until I am thoroughly satisfied. I didn't send out a single CV/cover letter until I was really ready to take interviews.

So when I came here nung 15th, nakapagsend pa lang ako ng Cover letters and CVs nung 18th (dahil sa tagal kong magproof read) sa mga jobs na I think I am a fit sa Seek. I didn't apply to a lot of job posts. I searched,scanned, filtered and applied to 17 jobs that I saw was a really good fit for what I've been doing.

Come the 19th (monday), I got 2 calls from recruiters and 1 call from an hr/resource manager ng company. The same day, I was asked to take 2 technical exams, 1 behavioral exam, which I did at home. I also had a face to face interview with a technical recruiter.

On the 20th (tuesday), I was asked by the hr/resource manager to come into their office for a face to face interview and to sit another exam. Around 30 minutes after I left their office, I was called to come back the next day for another set of panel interviews and again, a (more) technical exam.

Finally on the 21st (wednesday), I met with the manager and a senior guy from the team and had the interview and did another technical exam. Then, around 30 mins after I left their building, the HR manager called me to say I landed the job and I will start on the 23rd. They sent me the offer letter for counter-signing na rin.

I know my story is a bit shorter than some others who shared their tale. What I had going for me was training my mindset to deal with the challenge of job hunting by being prepared even before the interviews came in. This may or may not work for everyone. But at least for me, being confident and at the same ready for the opportunity is a very powerful combo to add to the heaps of prayers.

For whatever it is, don't shy away from making that big leap of faith sa paghahanap dito ng work. I was preparing for the worse, then I was given better than I had honestly expected. I truly believe that God has everything planned and He works through ways we just can't comprehend as long as we give it our honest best.

WOW! Fresh from oven testimony. CONGRATS! ... and thanks for sharing.

• J_OzJ_Oz Sydney
    @penski516 wow congrats and maraming salamat sa pagshare. Nakakadagdag lakas ng loob eto. :)

Developer Programmer (261312)
    08.25.2014: Completed gathering of documents
    08.29.2014: ACS Skills Assessment
    09.09.2014: ACS Result - OK - Thank you Lord!
    10.18.2014: IELTS IDP Makati
    10.31.2014: IELTS- R:8.5 L:7.5 S:7 W:7 - OBS:7.5) - Thank you Lord!
    02.03.2015: Submitted EOI
    02.26.2015: Received ITA 189
    04.24.2015: Lodged Visa - Day 1
    04.25.2015: Uploaded docs - Day 2
    05.08.2015: Wife NBI Clearance - Day 15 || 05.25.2015: Uploaded NBI Clearance - Day 32
    05.28.2015: Medicals @ SLEC BGC Day 35
    05.30.2015: Medicals Finalised - Day 37
    06.11.2015: CO Allocated - Day 48
    07.02.2015 - Visa Granted! Thank you LORD! Glory to God!
    10.15.2015 - Arrived in SYD - Jer 29:11

• RuCheRuChe Melbourne
    @penski516 Great job! Congrats too that everything paid off well for you. :)
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for sharing @penski516, this balance things out, usually kasi maririnig mo sa mga advice is to simply just send out as much CVs as you can... ika nga, "basta apply lang ng apply"...

Pero kung wala namang preparation, hindi nag-review or refresh ng skillset, baka one is doing more harm than good, pitching to a company then just missing out on the opportunity.

Wala namang masama sa pagbabasakali, kasi meron naman talagang "swerte" na tinatawag. Also, most of us, lakas ng loob lang talaga ang puhunan...

Pero Luck happens talaga when opportunity, meets preparation. :)

Goodluck sa aming mga maghahanap pa lang ng trabaho!

09/16/14: Requested EA for a Duplicate Letter (Original Outcome Letter lost during mail delivery to PH)

• vhoythoyvhoythoy Melbourne
    edited January 2015
    Then when I came here, I refurbished my CV over and over until I am thoroughly satisfied. I didn't send out a single CV/cover letter until I was really ready to take interviews.

Nag revised ka ng resume mo after plang mag land sa Oz? What is the reasons kung pwede mo nman magawa before mag land sa OZ? Kasi it will take some time pa. Or u customise ur CV based on jobs ops sa seeK, or because of new resume OZ format/ improvements na nalaman mo lang pagdating?

ANZSCO 221214 - Internal Auditor
    19 Jan 13 - Academic IELTS Results - passed
    12 July 13 - Vetassess Assessment + Point Test Advice: Positive
    03 Nov 13 - Invitation Accepted 70 points
    19 Dec 13 - Lodged Visa 189
    07 Feb 14 - Visa Granted
    04 Aug 14 - Initial Entry Date requirement
    26 July 14 - Actual IED to Melbourne
    May 2015 - Big Move
    June 2015 - Got a permanent role in Melbourne
    Apr 2016 - Got a contract consultancy role in Melbourne
    May 2016 - Got permanent role and moved to Toowooba, Queensland

And now...... living the life that i have imagined

"A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed" - Ansel Adams

• chollecholle Sydney
    @vhoythoy ganyan nangyari sakin. Dito na ako nag revise although todo send ako nung nasa sg pa lang ako. Andito na kase ako nung narealise ko kung anong format and content yung gusto nila

30 Nov 2013 - IELTS Academic R8.5 W8 L8.5 S9 / Overall 8.5
    10 Feb 2014 - Skills Assessment (VETASSESS)
    23 May 2014 - VETASSESS Outcome: Positive
    27 May 2014 - EOI (70 points)
    9 Jun 2014 - Visa invitation received, application lodged (SI189)
    2 Jul 2014 - CO allocation
    6 Aug 2014 - Visa granted (IED 4 Jul 2015)
    11 Oct 2014 - Moved to Sydney
    20 Oct 2014 - Job offer
    29 Oct 2014 - Start of work
    17-26 Dec 2014 - Dog at Sydney quarantine
    24 Dec 2014 - Partner's initial entry (Maligayang Pasko!)
    16 May 2017 - Purchase first property
    17 Oct 2018 - Citizenship application lodged (Council: City of Sydney)
    8 Jul 2019: Test invite
    20 Aug 2019: Test: (originally 20/9/19)
    21 Aug 2019: Citizenship Approved
    31 October 2019: Citizenship Ceremony 🇦🇺

edited January 2015
    @vhoythoy ganyan nangyari sakin. Dito na ako nag revise although todo send ako nung nasa sg pa lang ako. Andito na kase ako nung narealise ko kung anong format and content yung gusto nila
    Oh i see. Right now my CV current format was based on Rod Gante's format. Not sure ano pa pwede ko gawin to make it more Australian format, but will still update/ enchance it. I plan to start sending applications by next month until April before our big move early May 2015.

I am not sure what is the impact of using SG address and ur current locations on the available jobs. Maybe sa mga head hunters malaki kasi they might not entertain tlaga prospects outside Oz as hindi nila agad ma present sa clients nila. I will check pa how is the jobs in Seek changes/ updates. For example kasi, if i will send job application using SG address/ mobile some hiring managers/ employers might not consider kasi nasa labas pa ako ng Oz. Most of the time they might ignore my applications. What if dumating ako sa Oz and un pa rin ang mga jobs available sa Seek. Is it possible for them to consider them if my address and contact number is Australia na? Is it ok to submit applications again for same post informing them ur current location? Pwede din naman kasi ilagay sa cover letter umpisa plang na pupunta ka din naman, pero iba pa din kasi kapag nasa Aussie kana and ready for interview/ and can start to possible job asap lalo na kapag urgent ung post.

07 Feb 14 - Visa Granted
    May 2015 - Big Move

"A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed" - Ansel Adams

Oh i see. Right now my CV current format was based on Rod Gante's format. Not sure ano pa pwede ko gawin to make it more Australian format, but will still update/ enchance it. I plan to start sending applications by next month until April before our big move early May 2015.

I am not sure what is the impact of using SG address and ur current locations on the available jobs. Maybe sa mga head hunters malaki kasi they might not entertain tlaga prospects outside Oz as hindi nila agad ma present sa clients nila. I will check pa how is the jobs in Seek changes/ updates. For example kasi, if i will send job application using SG address/ mobile some hiring managers/ employers might not consider kasi nasa labas pa ako ng Oz. Most of the time they might ignore my applications. What if dumating ako sa Oz and un pa rin ang mga jobs available sa Seek. Is it possible for them to consider them if my address and contact number is Australia na? Is it ok to submit applications again for same post informing them ur current location? Pwede din naman kasi ilagay sa cover letter umpisa plang na pupunta ka din naman, pero iba pa din kasi kapag nasa Aussie kana and ready for interview/ and can start to possible job asap lalo na kapag urgent ung post.
    Ito ang usual worries nating nasa labas pa ng Au :(
    Pero I guess it's worth a try pa din...

• Andoy31Andoy31 Brisbane
    nilagay ko sa cover letter ko na i have 189 visa then will be relocating by february -- may tumawag nman kahit papano.. hopefully maging ok for the big move :)

Nominated Occupation - (261313)

09 April 2013 - IELTS Schedule
    16 April 2013 - IELTS result - L8.5, R7.5,W7.5,S8.0; OBS=8
    18 Nov 2013 - ACS submission 261313 (software engineer)
    7 Feb 2014 - Skills Assessment Outcome: POSITIVE

• Qualifications: Comparable to AQF Bachelor Degree
      9 Feb 2014 - Lodged EOI / v189 (65 points)
      10 Mar 2014 - skill select invitation received 189
      11 Mar 2014 - applied for v189
      15 Mar 2014 - CO Allocated - Brisbane GSM team 34
      25 Mar 2014 - CO requested for form 80
      25 Mar - 4 april 2014 - hospitalized :( - Contacted CO and moved deadline to May 16, 2014
      7 Apr 2014 - requested SG PCoC
      16 Apr 2014 - Medicals @SATA BEDOK
      17 Apr 2014 - fly to manila
      18 Apr 2014 - requested NBI Clearance
      20 Apr 2014 - uploaded NBI Clearance
      2 May 2014 - fly back to SG
      6 May 2014 - uploaded Form 80s and SG PCoC
      19 May 2014 - VISA GRANTED - IED -15 Apr 2015

THANK YOU LORD!

14 Feb 2015 - scheduled flight to Melbourne! :)

nilagay ko sa cover letter ko na i have 189 visa then will be relocating by february -- may tumawag nman kahit papano.. hopefully maging ok for the big move :)
    Ako naman ang dillema ko is earliest na pwede ako mag Australia is May, kaya next month pa ako magstart mag apply. Kasi, just in case lang kasi ay makuha ako na job agad, i dont know kung papayag sila hintayin ako ng 3-4 months. Posible to sa mga Audit firms but not sa commercial as they need replacement asap most of the time. Ayoko din nman i delay pagaapply kasi baka may ma missed akong opportunities and hindi naman ganun kadali maghanap at makakuha ng work sa Australia.

07 Feb 14 - Visa Granted
    May 2015 - Big Move

• chollecholle Sydney
    @vhoythoy sa CV, more on content yung binago ko rito, kasi yung format ko okay naman na. May tumawag rin sa akin nung nasa sg pa lang ako, so okay lang maglagay ng sg address, sasabihin mo naman sa cover letter na malapit ka nang dumating

30 Nov 2013 - IELTS Academic R8.5 W8 L8.5 S9 / Overall 8.5
    10 Feb 2014 - Skills Assessment (VETASSESS)
    23 May 2014 - VETASSESS Outcome: Positive
    27 May 2014 - EOI (70 points)
    9 Jun 2014 - Visa invitation received, application lodged (SI189)
    2 Jul 2014 - CO allocation
    6 Aug 2014 - Visa granted (IED 4 Jul 2015)
    11 Oct 2014 - Moved to Sydney
    20 Oct 2014 - Job offer
    29 Oct 2014 - Start of work
    17-26 Dec 2014 - Dog at Sydney quarantine
    24 Dec 2014 - Partner's initial entry (Maligayang Pasko!)
    16 May 2017 - Purchase first property
    17 Oct 2018 - Citizenship application lodged (Council: City of Sydney)
    8 Jul 2019: Test invite
    20 Aug 2019: Test: (originally 20/9/19)
    21 Aug 2019: Citizenship Approved
    31 October 2019: Citizenship Ceremony 🇦🇺

• ava_garde06ava_garde06 Sydney
    Hi. I googled for the 'australian format' CV and I saw na dapat wala picture yun resume. May brief summary and bulleted accomplishments per position held. When I formatted my CV this way and asked a friend to review it, she said my CV is too boring and text heavy.

So I revised again and at least used lines and tables and other colors (in a professional way) sa document ko. I even bought a Sydney local number from Skype for 900 pesos na good for 1 month para may mailagay ako na local contact number. I even used my friend's sydney address sa CV para it will look like na I am already present there. My aim is to at least get HR to notice me and call me. I asked another friend to review my CV and he said it looks impressive. Though I haven't heard back from any company since I started using my reformatted CV last week.

Maybe I'll just keep on trying and if sir @penski516 won't mind, can you share the specifics on what you did on your CV? Panay basa ko dn ng mga blogs and articles on CV writing but each gives different opinions.
  • SYD_CPASYD_CPA Sydney
    Hi ppl! Just to respond to the topic title. I finally landed one located at mcquiare park.
    Im starting on feb 4 :) no mire bummung for me!
    I came on october to total time for me was 4 months.

I was interviewed by 5 recuiters (hays, hudson, robert walters and robert half)

Yung latest ko na reco ng friend ko lng ang kumagat.

my advice really read the job postings and mach them to your skilss. Sample:
    Pang nakita mo month end closing or acccruals o reconciliation at ginawa mo naman talaga be sure to put it in. That way eh sasabihin ng recruiters eh ang husay naman ng cv mo!

Cheers!
    @SYD_CPA Congrats! :bz

• SYD_CPASYD_CPA Sydney
    Thanks @wizardofOz feels so great to be a success story.
  • jepoy527jepoy527 Sydney
    Congrats @SYD_CPA! Talagang tama nga yung sabi nila na "it's not always about what you know, but who you know."

04/27/13 IELTS GT Exam
    07/25/13 CDR sent to EA
    12/03/13 Positive EA Assessment
    01/28/14 Submitted EOI (VISA Subclass 189, 70 Points)
    02/10/14 Received invitation from SkillSelect
    03/01/14 Lodged VISA Subclass 189 Application
    04/29/14 VISA GRANT!!! Thank you Lord!
    02/13/15 Started to work

“A ship is always safe at the shore - but that is NOT what it is built for.”
    ― Albert Einstein

"You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you’re doing. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself."
    ― Alan Alda

Congrats @SYD_CPA! Talagang tama nga yung sabi nila na "it's not always about what you know, but who you know."
    Tamaaa.. kahit sa Promotion, usually ganyan ang nangyayari hehe :bz

• belovedantonbelovedanton Singapore

Rather, "It's not about what you know, it's about Who you know"
    Hi ppl! Just to respond to the topic title. I finally landed one located at mcquiare park.
    Im starting on feb 4 :) no mire bummung for me!
    I came on october to total time for me was 4 months.

I was interviewed by 5 recuiters (hays, hudson, robert walters and robert half)

Yung latest ko na reco ng friend ko lng ang kumagat.

my advice really read the job postings and mach them to your skilss. Sample:
    Pang nakita mo month end closing or acccruals o reconciliation at ginawa mo naman talaga be sure to put it in. That way eh sasabihin ng recruiters eh ang husay naman ng cv mo!

Cheers!
    hindi biro ang 4 months job hunting ah! at paghahandaan ko din ito especially sa financial. :(
    pero congrats po! wow, may na-harvest din for patiently planting...

• SYD_CPASYD_CPA Sydney
    Thanks! I know it was a long wait. Buti nlng dor us accounts eh may cpa australia professional level exams reviewing for it made the timenin between sem to pass by a bit faster.