Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Dubai vs. Australia

Comments

• tazmaniatazmania Perth
    edited January 2015
    50-70% savings thats very unrealistic unless kung single ka at nag rerent ka lang and no other obligations. But if you have a family, own house, car and just even 1 kiddo na nag iischool lucky na to save 30%. Struggle ang life here if your household income is less than $150k. So you better think a million times if you want to move. Lagi kong ina advice sa mga friends and family ko if you are living comfortably sa life mo ngyon and dont have guts and to gamble dont bother then. But if you care sa future ng family mo and willing to make lot of sacrifces then do it. It will pay off in the long run and with determination, life here will eventually be easier. So its all about weighing your goals and dreams in life to make a wise decision. Good luck!
  • piglet24piglet24 Sydney
    @RoseG: Like you, wala pa din kaming baby, but hoping na magkaroon na in the near future. About the move, we have considered na lahat ng pinagipunan namin is magagamit talga and God forbid na mauubos din, but then, we can earn it back. maraming paraan para maearn back yung inipon namin. hindi namn forever na hindi ka makakpagipon. The thing about moving is its a big change. I always look at change as something good. It is downright scary but it always lead to something good. in my own opinion lang ha. unfair lang kasi dito like pag wala kang work uwi ka kung di ka kaya isponsor ng husband mo. tapos para maisponsor ka ng asawa mo need mo ng valid residential contract. minus pa yung fact na maraming mga manloloko sa real estate (ninakawan kami ng 50% downpayment namin sa rental namin and we didn't get the place pa). if natatakot ka gawin yung move, its better na wag niyo na lang ituloy kasi kung half bake ang decision niyo baka mawala yung drive niyo to survive in another country.

also another thought lang, ok namn icontinue buhay sa UAE. ang sarap ng buhay dito. I don't want to move actually, but, after ng ilang taon dito, saan ka na pupunta? once you retire you go back sa pinas. then what? depende lang talga sa priority yan.

Main Applicant: Moi

February 02, 2013 - IELTS - passed
    August 27, 2013 - Sent CDR to EA for Assessment
    January 15, 2014 - Received Positive Assessment
    February 24, 2014 - Submitted EOI
    March 10, 2014 - Received Invitation to Apply for Visa
    March 31, 2014 - Lodged Visa 189 (but system reflected application lodged on April 1, 2014 due to time diff)
    April 19, 2014 - Medicals done and all documents uploaded
    May 2014 - CO Allocated
    June 2014 - SSS and Pagibig documents for 2009-2010 requested
    July 2014 - Visa Grant! God is Great!
    September 2014 - IED
    August 2015 - Big move

----countdown mode ----

• TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka
    @piglet24 -well said...

I remember me and my wife discussing on this back in 2012; we can opt to just stay in stay and continue to fatten the bank account but after that what else to do?!! :)

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!

• tazmaniatazmania Perth
    If i have lots of savings I would rather stay in Phils and put up a business. I can send my kids to the best school, be the boss and live comfortably. Living here is great nothing to complain but it just like slaving yourself to work to pay mortgage bills etc. Poor you if you are earning more than the threshold as gov't will cut your benefits. Everything is inocme tested and the only thing that you could do is work till you dropped! Reading this thread is like Saying "are you kidding me"! You're earning better than most of us here and average aussie and still you want to move and change you comfortable life. For me, that's crazy! I wish to be like you and I will be contented with all the blessings that I have now.
  • RoseGRoseG Melbourne
    Hi @piglet24, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts again. I agree when you said that after the savings, what now? and for sure when we have our babies, expenses will get bigger. I also did some research on the monthly expense and as shared by @TasBurrfoot, 3k AUD is the monthly expense for a couple and for some who have 1 kid, that would be 13k Dhs, which is the same in UAE. In the end, same gastos lang din, my citizenship ka pa.

@tazmania, You can read my mind! Ang sarap mangarap na mayroon sariling kumpanya and I'm sure we will all get there if we are willing to. As I was reading your reply, I agreed to all what you said but when you mentioned "comfortable", it hit me. We may seem to earn big and save a lot but we don't really live a comfortable life here but rather a thrifty lifestyle. Comfort in UAE means renting your own apartment which costs you not lower than 3,500 AED monthly (1,200AUD), buying a car and trying out all the best in Dubai. My husband and I preferred to rent a room and take public transport everyday in order for us to save money monthly. I always try to get coupon deals so we can try out some fascinating stuff that Dubai offers. Dyan naman sa Oz, lahat kayo afford magrent ng sariling bahay at kotse. And I never heard someone having regrets migrating to Oz, unlike in Canada. Meron ba?

In regard to slavery, we feel the same way here. Filipinos can't speak out lalo na kpag Arabo nakabangga namin dito. At least dyan, kpag naging citizen ka, pantay pantay na ang lahat ng bagay, wala sa kulay ng balat o relihiyon ang hustisya. Dto papansinin ka lang kung puti ka o ka-relihiyon mo sila. I just remember like what I said before that we initially applied for Australian immigration to gain their citizenship and I believe that's what we all want --security -- Di kasi natin maramdaman to sa sarili nting bansa.

This thread really helped me a lot. It answered my questions and cleared all my doubts.

Thank you, thank you sa lahat ng contributors!

-- In order to grow, there should be constant change. --
  • tazmaniatazmania Perth
    edited January 2015
    Hi RoseG, like I've said before if you after for future of your family go and move then. But be warned! Moving to any first world countries doesn’t mean greener but everything can work out.

What I'm saying here truthfully is you are earning more than what average aussies does. AED20K or around $6700 pays in Dubai could do a lot than here. Like you’ve said, ung taxes ang savings nyo sa Dubai that would be around AED7K or $2300 which is pretty good savings. Tell yah, most Aussie I’ve known here in our company doesn’t have savings more than $10k in the bank. We are pretty much close mates and discussing everything. I’m not surprise at all because I do their pays and I know how much the cost of living here in Perth. Some of them says, their pays just going in the bank and out to pay their mortgage, etc.. And they are telling the truth here, as we are on the same boat. I’m telling you this because I want you to clear up your mind and think zillion of times.

Primary and Secondary education are not that good. I would rather send them back to Phils and do their schooling. They are very way behind here especially on academics. They are more on Arts and social stuff. Not surprisingly, most Pinoys families I’ve known na may kids na nag-aral sa Pinas eh lahat eh top of their class. Which really proves that basic education in Phils are pretty much way over the standard here.

You are free to PM me if you would like to know our roughly monthly expenses and I will tell yah honestly that you are better well off in Dubai than here. I’m not other typical Pinoys who does labis sa storya.

At the end of day, the choice is yours.
    @tazmania - seems like you are implying something here mate...

you can probably share your monthly expense for the benefit of everyone.

ta! :)

• tazmaniatazmania Perth
    Implying that I'm giving true reality here in straya? Like I've said you can send me a PM if you would like to know our rough monthly expenses.
    Implying that I'm giving true reality here in straya? Like I've said you can send me a PM if you would like to know our rough monthly expenses.
    you can share it with everyone mate... :)

not interested but other may want!

@RoseG: You are welcome. Sharing thoughts lang din namn. Dubai/ Abu Dhabi kaya before plunging in, think one hundred times and pag sure na sure na talga go straight ahead di ba? I will miss Abu Dhabi for sure. It will be a big change, but as I said again, change is good. It is making way for something better.

March 31, 2014 - Lodged Visa 189 (but system reflected application lodged on April 1, 2014 due to time diff)
    May 2014 - CO Allocated
    September 2014 - IED
    August 2015 - Big move

----countdown mode ----

• vhoythoyvhoythoy Melbourne
    edited January 2015
    Kaya magipon na kayo ng todo bago mag Australia. Don't moved to Australia because of money. Money is not everything. Marami dito pinas man or abroad, maayos ang work, buhay, at sweldo pero nagmimigrate pa rin. Kasi may kulang at hinahanap sa buhay. There is no perfect country/ place, only perfect dreams.

My reasons. Peace of mind, Equality as you fight for your right as compared to being OFW forever, Australian passport for me and my family, and have a good lifestyle in a great country.

I know It will be hard, especially for new migrants like us, but if you have the right determination, you can find a way to have a better life and find better opportunity in Australia. This may not be applicable to all, If hindi ka naging masaya or matagumpay sa Australia, then go back to place na magiging masaya ka. Life is too short to waste.

ANZSCO 221214 - Internal Auditor
    19 Jan 13 - Academic IELTS Results - passed
    12 July 13 - Vetassess Assessment + Point Test Advice: Positive
    03 Nov 13 - Invitation Accepted 70 points
    19 Dec 13 - Lodged Visa 189
    07 Feb 14 - Visa Granted
    04 Aug 14 - Initial Entry Date requirement
    26 July 14 - Actual IED to Melbourne
    May 2015 - Big Move
    June 2015 - Got a permanent role in Melbourne
    Apr 2016 - Got a contract consultancy role in Melbourne
    May 2016 - Got permanent role and moved to Toowooba, Queensland

And now...... living the life that i have imagined

"A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed" - Ansel Adams

• VIPinoyVIPinoy Sydney
    Hi @RoseG, i hate to bring this but it would be next to impossible for your husband to get a net income of AUD6,800/month with his first job here. I mean I know a lot of pinoy IT professionals, even managers at their companies, but they don't earn that much. Not even AUD5K net income. So think it over before making your final decision. IT jobs are highly competitive profession here, specially we have these Indian and european counterparts. We have been living in AU for 8 years, and we started with humble beginnings, but it was all worthed. Me and my wife current combined income is aroung AUD250K annually, we have our own house (under mortgage)...but we really worked hard for it. I mean, if you do decide to come to AU, don't be discouraged at first because it's really hard to start over. And honestly, don't expect too much at first....
  • wizardofOzwizardofOz Brisbane
    I just would like to share my general thoughts on this further… living and working in a country where you are not a citizen, or resident even, is a gamble in itself…

Gamble in the sense na, although you have huge savings, your future is only as good as your next paycheck so to speak…

What if you got sick, what if for some reason you became incapable to work… You go home… and where is Home?

Babalik ka uli sa hirap ng buhay sa Pinas, and since hindi ka lumipat sa Australia, wala kang doors na na-open for other loved ones na pwede pa sanang makatulong sayo and maka-secure ng future mo in the long run… Yes, you can help relatives and loved ones move to Dubai, but their fate is only as good as yours..

Kadalasan kasi ang mga Immigrants, ang tingin sa pagiging “Immigrant” is parang pagiging OFW lang, basically kumita ng mas malaking pera… Pero nakakalimutan natin na ang isa at pinakaimportanteng side ng pagiging immigrant ay pagsisimula ng bagong buhay sa bansang pupuntahan natin. Nakakalimutan natin na mas importanteng mag assimilate, grow our roots, and establish foothold for our future descendants sa bansang lilipatan natin.

Also, with regards to “Opening a Business” sa Pinas, not to pop anyone’s balloon, pero isa pa ito sa pitfalls ng mga OFWs…

Hindi enough na may puhunan ka na pansimula sa isang business, the bigger question is, do you have the skills to open and run a business?

Nominated Occupation: Plant or Production Engineer (ANZSCO 233513)

03/23/13: IELTS GT Exam (British Council)
    04/05/13: IELTS Results L:7.0/R:7.5/W:7.5/S:8.5 OBS: 7.5
    makalipas ang isang taon....
    04/20/14: CDR Application sent to EA
    07/09/14: EA started reviewing my CDR
    08/08/14: EA Assessment Positive Results (Thank you LORD!!!)
    09/16/14: Requested EA for a Duplicate Letter (Original Outcome Letter lost during mail delivery to PH)
    09/21/14: Duplicate Assessment Letter received (Finally!!)
    09/21/14: EOI Lodged (70 pts)
    09/22/14: Invited to lodge Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) visa
    09/23/14: Obtained Overseas PCC
    09/29/14: Obtained NBI Clearance
    10/12/14: Lodged application - Visa Subclass 189
    10/12/14: Uploaded docs
    10/20/14: Medicals Done
    12/06/14: Direct Grant! To GOD Be the Glory!
    12/13/14: Completed Initial Entry - Sydney

• LittleFingerLittleFinger Manila, Philippines
    @wizardofOz you nailed it bro....
  • retakeretake North Ryde
    clarify ko lang about 50%-70% savings, nagagawa ko kasi ito even in Singapore, dahil I'm single so kung may anak na kayo and other payables, I think mahirap nga iyang ma-reach. Siguro, nasa tao na rin kung anong lifestyle ang gusto nila. Nonetheless, mga 20%-30% savings is good, ang mahalaga ay may savings in case magka-emergency or mawalan ng work.

Dito sa Sydney, it's possible to earn more than $6,800 net income per month, and even more, so I think it depends sa kung anong city sa Australia at kung anong industry sila nakakapasok. Usually, banks at financial firms ang malaki pag-pasahod. Depende rin ito kung Day Rate, Fixed Term or Permanent position. Usually, mas mataas bigayan sa Day Rate dahil hindi bayad ang mga leaves.

Though understandable naman na pag-first time palang rito eh mababa pa yung offer. Pero after 6 months to a year, I think okay na mag-demand ng mas malaki.

Visa Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18d1OUvt_9wyGxVrUu-12aoo8evhMKwGFHrf2smAaoU4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Visa 189 Application Timeline - Year 2014
    Software Engineer (261313 ) Location: Singapore

23-Jan - Booked for IELTS exam at British Council SG.
    15-Feb - IELTS Exam Take #1 (Writing Test)
    18-Feb - Requested for Certificate of Employment from my present employer.
    19-Feb - IELTS Exam Take #1 (Speaking Test)
    05-Mar - Received IELTS Take #1 Exam Result = Failed! (L:6 R:8 W:7 S:7.5)
    **Mar-Apr - For 2 months, requested former employers for COE.
    05-Apr - IELTS Take #2 Writing Test.
    10-Apr - IELTS Take #2 Speaking Test.
    14-Apr - Submitted application to Australian Computer Society (ACS).
    16-Apr - Booked for another IELTS (Take #3) at IDP. (Just in case that my Take #2 failed.)
    17-Apr - Received an email from ACS, asking for "Certified True Copies" (CTC) of my documents.
    23-Apr - IELTS Take #3 Speaking @IDP
    24-Apr - IELTS Take #3 Writing @IDP
    25-Apr - Received IELTS Take #2 Result = Good! (L:7 R:7.5 W:8 S:7)
    30-Apr - Uploaded additional docs to my ACS account.
    10-May - Received IELTS Take #3 Result = Bad! Got 6 on Listening, but that's okay as Take#2 is good!
    12-Jun - Received ACS Result (Positive!). Lodged EOI Visa 189 in SkillSelect later that day (65 points)
    13-Jun - Filled-out NBI Online Application.
    17-Jun - Got cedula & Applied for Police Clearance (sa Munisipyo)
    18-Jun - Received Police Clearance. Also got my NBI Clearance that day. (Online Application is indeed helpful!)
    22-Jun - Received Invitation to Lodge Visa 189
    23-Jun - Lodged and Paid for Visa 189.
    25-Jun - Uploaded Documents to immiAccount
    27-Jun - Applied for SG Certificate of Clearance (Acknowledgement Letter lang ng Visa 189 ang dinala ko) / Printed out eMedicalReferral Letter
    7-Jul - Completed Medical Exam at Point Medical, Orchard.
    10-Jul - Point Medical sent medical result to DIBP.
    14-Jul - Frontloaded Form 80.
    18-Jul - Received SG Certificate of Clearance.
    7-Aug - Last Day of Work (SG)
    15-Aug - Flight back to Pinas

< Spent time with family, relatives & friends before the move >

3-Sept - CO Allocation (Called DIBP)
    18 -Sept - CO asked for confirmation to deduct 5 points.
    22 -Sept - Visa Grant!
    23 -Sept - Attended CFO-PDOS
    27 -Sept - Flight to Sydney.
    28 -Sept - TouchDown Sydney!

< 1 month job hunting >

24 - Oct - Job Offer.
    29 - Oct - First Day at Work!

25 Dec - Jan 1 = First Christmas and New Year Down Under!

@VIPinoy kabayan, ask ko lang, saang state pala kayo? Sa Sydney kasi, mataas ang rate at kayang kaya na maabot 7k to even 10k per month, especially kung naka-Day Rate. Managers earn more than that of course, lalo na sa Banking/Finance industry.

Visa Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18d1OUvt_9wyGxVrUu-12aoo8evhMKwGFHrf2smAaoU4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

16-Apr - Booked for another IELTS (Take #3) at IDP. (Just in case that my Take #2 failed.)
    17-Apr - Received an email from ACS, asking for "Certified True Copies" (CTC) of my documents.
    10-May - Received IELTS Take #3 Result = Bad! Got 6 on Listening, but that's okay as Take#2 is good!
    12-Jun - Received ACS Result (Positive!). Lodged EOI Visa 189 in SkillSelect later that day (65 points)
    18-Jun - Received Police Clearance. Also got my NBI Clearance that day. (Online Application is indeed helpful!)
    27-Jun - Applied for SG Certificate of Clearance (Acknowledgement Letter lang ng Visa 189 ang dinala ko) / Printed out eMedicalReferral Letter

22 -Sept - Visa Grant!

< 1 month job hunting >

24 - Oct - Job Offer.

• VIPinoyVIPinoy Sydney
    Kabayan @retake, dito Lang kami Sydney. It's possible to have 7-10k net income per month since my wife's net income is at that level but it's unlikely to get this on your first job. Anyway, my wife is a CPA and working as a Finance Manager on an investment company in the city. When we first arrive here, she started as assistant accountant, then financial accountant, then senior accountant and then Finance manager. She had all these promotions because of hard work, further studies (CPA Austrlalia), and most specially lots of prayers. Me, I used to be an accountant (CPA philippines) but after working in accounts for 6 years and couple of months as Analyst, I went on semi-retirement.

@RoseG, wizardofoz's advise is very commendable. From personal experience, after all the risks and dramas, migrating to AU is all worthed.
  • VIPinoyVIPinoy Sydney
    Kabayan @retake, one more thing, my neighbour who is an IT consultant (also pinoy) working for one of the big 4 banks, doesn't get that 7-10k net income per month. Just saying...
  • kremitzkremitz North Ryde
    Umm bka po yung contractual pwede cgro yung 7k na net. Meron ako nakikita sa mga job ads nasa 400-600 per day yung rate eh. Pero tama n most likely hindi m yan makukuha sa first job mo. Meron kc recruiter nagcontact ky hubby, mga ganung range pero contractual eh. Nakakatempt pero he opted to stay with his company since permanent position yung work nya ngayon :)

Main applicant : Husband
    April 29, 2013 : ACS Skills assessment
    July 22, 2013 : ACS assessment result
    January 3, 2014: IELTS Result (Take 1 L-8,W,R,S-7)
    January 12, 2013: Lodged EOI (65points)
    January 13, 2013: Invited to apply for visa 189
    February 9, 2014: Lodged visa
    March 1, 2014: Medicals at NHSI
    March 6: email from CO requesting form 80 and hubby's NBI Clearance
    March 25, 2014: visa grant. Thank you lord
    June 8,2014: Hubby arrived in Sydney
    Sept 11,2014: Hubby's first day of work. Thank you Lord!
    Feb 7, 2015 : Baby and I arrived in Sydney
    April 13, 2015: My first day of work :)

@VIPinoy - thanks for sharing! Nandito rin ako sa Sydney so I think depende lang siguro sa demand ng skill since may different areas sa IT at kung Day Rate, Fixed Term or Permanent. May nakikita kasi akong ads for software developers sa www.seek.com.au na mataas ang rate.

Personally, na-abot ko yung range ng rate na iyan on my first job dahil naka-Day rate kasi ako kaya ko nasabi na possible. Pero again, depende talaga sa skills kung in-demand like android, objective-C , Java, .NET and others. I believe na your friend is already permanent sa company nya. Pag-Day Rate/Contract kasi, hindi bayad ang mga vacation/sick leaves kaya mataas ang salary.

@RoseG

Marami factors na pwedeng i-consider when moving here. Iba iba rin kasi ang storya ng bawat tao saka swertihan rin sa pag-punta rito. So suggest ko, expect nyo nalang na it is possible that you'll be getting less pay of you move here. Of course, may possibility rin na mas tumaas ang income kung naka-jackpot sa magandang employer.

Pero at the end of the day, nasa sa atin parin kung paano natin mama-manage ang ating salary kasi kahit mataas ang income pero mataas rin expenses eh bababa rin ang ipon natin at the end of the day. All the best ah!

@kremitz - agree! :)

22 -Sept - Visa Grant!

< 1 month job hunting >

24 - Oct - Job Offer.

• vhoythoyvhoythoy Melbourne
    edited February 2015
    Umm bka po yung contractual pwede cgro yung 7k na net. Meron ako nakikita sa mga job ads nasa 400-600 per day yung rate eh. Pero tama n most likely hindi m yan makukuha sa first job mo. Meron kc recruiter nagcontact ky hubby, mga ganung range pero contractual eh. Nakakatempt pero he opted to stay with his company since permanent position yung work nya ngayon :)
    Mas maayos naman kasi ang permanent position talaga, lalo na kung marami kang hinuhulugan (i.e. bahay, kotse, etc.) eh kailangan mo talga ng stable source of income. Other than paid leaves (sick/ vacation), maraming perks ang isang permanent position depende sa isang company not necessarily in terms of financial .

ANZSCO 221214 - Internal Auditor
    19 Jan 13 - Academic IELTS Results - passed
    12 July 13 - Vetassess Assessment + Point Test Advice: Positive
    03 Nov 13 - Invitation Accepted 70 points
    19 Dec 13 - Lodged Visa 189
    07 Feb 14 - Visa Granted
    04 Aug 14 - Initial Entry Date requirement
    26 July 14 - Actual IED to Melbourne
    May 2015 - Big Move
    June 2015 - Got a permanent role in Melbourne
    Apr 2016 - Got a contract consultancy role in Melbourne
    May 2016 - Got permanent role and moved to Toowooba, Queensland

And now...... living the life that i have imagined

"A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed" - Ansel Adams

• EnvyEnvy Milton
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here was able to reside for a long time in Dubai before migrating to Oz? Half-hearted na kasi tumuloy sa Australia kasi di daw namin kikitain Yung pera na kinikita n nmin dto sa Dubai because of the tax. Aside from that, cost of living in any state in Oz is more expensive compared to Dubai. One good thing in Dubai are all-year round sales which I don't think Oz can offer. There's no citizenship in Dubai but you take home your salary to yourself.

How can you compare Dubai to Australia?

If your thinking of permanently settling in another country - Australia is heaps better than Dubai.

Weather, Food, Culture, People plus you get a chance to be part of the community (migrants can apply for citizenship) - you get to vote, you can run for public office, you can practice your religious beliefs (seeing a x-mas tree in Deira City Centre is not religious freedom)
    Plus you can live in a proper house.

If your thinking of settling back to Phils sooner, then Dubai is a good choice. Compromise on some things in exchange of more earnings then go back home.

Jan 2007 - Arrive in Aus as 457
    Mar 2013 - Plan, review, read and understand visa requirements
    Apr 2013 - ACS assessment submitted
    Jun 2013 - ACS assessment received
    Aug 2013 - IETLS pass (General 8.0)
    Aug 2013 - ACT SS submitted
    Aug 2013 - Created EOI account
    Aug 2013 - VETASSES assessment submitted
    Sep 2013 - VETASSES assessment received
    Sep 2013 - ACT SS received
    Sep 2013 - EOI Submitted
    Sep 2013 - Visa invite received
    Sep 2013 - Visa application submitted (190)
    Oct 2013 - Medical completed
    Jan 2014 - Visa approved

• chocolatepinkchocolatepink Singapore
    WizardofOz said it all. So true and enlightening. I can always refer to his comment on this thread to remind me of why Straya is our prospective home.

Thank you!
    @envy: so true about the housing here in UAE. mahirap unless you are earning like the Brits and the Americans. You can afford a one bedroom flat pero sobrang layo na sa city.

May 2014 - CO Allocated
    September 2014 - IED
    August 2015 - Big move

----countdown mode ----

• EnvyEnvy Milton
    @piglet24

I was sharing a room with a friend in a 4 bedroom flat at an old building behind Deira City Centre. I think I was earning good money but still couldn't afford to get my own place or live in a house.

Sep 2013 - EOI Submitted
    Jan 2014 - Visa approved

@envy: yun talga ang isang downside dito sa UAE ang housing. ang hirap kumuha ng sarili mong unit. unless malaki talga sahod mo. we are renting a studio unit right now but still hindi sulit kasi within a villa pa rin. anyway, tiis tiis na lang ng konti, hopefully we will be living in a proper house soon. :)

May 2014 - CO Allocated
    September 2014 - IED
    August 2015 - Big move

----countdown mode ----

• EnvyEnvy Milton
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here was able to reside for a long time in Dubai before migrating to Oz? Half-hearted na kasi tumuloy sa Australia kasi di daw namin kikitain Yung pera na kinikita n nmin dto sa Dubai because of the tax. Aside from that, cost of living in any state in Oz is more expensive compared to Dubai. One good thing in Dubai are all-year round sales which I don't think Oz can offer. There's no citizenship in Dubai but you take home your salary to yourself.

all year round sales? does it matter? i respectfully disagree.

Sep 2013 - EOI Submitted
    Jan 2014 - Visa approved

Hi,

materialistic perception... ;)

• EnvyEnvy Milton
    Hi,

Kahit araw araw may sales dito sa Australia, wala rin naman akong pambili :D

Pero inaabangan ko nman yung mid year stocktake sale, boxing day sale, end of season sale.

tapos meron din lay by dito, so Dubai sales? nah.. im good here

Sep 2013 - EOI Submitted
    Jan 2014 - Visa approved

Hi,

Kahit araw araw may sales dito sa Australia, wala rin naman akong pambili :D

Pero inaabangan ko nman yung mid year stocktake sale, boxing day sale, end of season sale.

tapos meron din lay by dito, so Dubai sales? nah.. im good here
    One thing I have learn living here in Australia is to not be too materialistic... People are chill here unlike Singaporeans and Filipinos.

As long as what you have is decent - di sila masyado very particular sa tatak.