Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

How does Skill Select Works?

Comments

• lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    edited September 2012
    @Geoff

1) you can have your skills assessed by ACS. ECE is considered as an IT course, therefore you just only have to submit the normal "Skills assessment" and not RPL.. i suggest you read the other thread about ACS.

2) your current job title is not important. what is important is that your job description is related/closely related with the ANSZCO job code description.. so if you think you have the same job and you can get the job description from your HR.. then go for it..

3) You can choose any skill from either SOL and CSOL, if you chose from CSOL, you need to apply for a state nomination.. this is an extra step..

4) For ACS and DIAC's purposes, documents are not required to be authenticated by malacanang/dfa...

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

• GeoffGeoff Quezon City
    Hi @lock_code2004 Thanks for the info.

For item #4, there's no need to seek authentication from dfa (red ribbon)? Do you mean I just ask for a new copy of my TOR (lets say for school) and then scan it and upload online for my ACS application? Sorry, I just wanted to confirm since I read from some threads that we should have it authenticated by a certifying body.
  • TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka

For item #4, there's no need to seek authentication from dfa (red ribbon)? Do you mean I just ask for a new copy of my TOR (lets say for school) and then scan it and upload online for my ACS application? Sorry, I just wanted to confirm since I read from some threads that we should have it authenticated by a certifying body.
    @Geoff - certifying body can include mga notary public. You can opt to have your copies signed by one, just make sure may contact details sa abogado mo on top of his full name and signature.

BUT from what I gather on threads that I have stumbled upon, pwede na daw non-authenticated copy of your documents as long as these are scanned in full colors.

Hope this helps! :)

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!

edited September 2012

@Geoff - certifying body can include mga notary public. You can opt to have your copies signed by one, just make sure may contact details sa abogado mo on top of his full name and signature.

BUT from what I gather on threads that I have stumbled upon, pwede na daw non-authenticated copy of your documents as long as these are scanned in full colors.

Regarding dfa authentication - yes.. hindi na po ito kailangan.... if you have original copy, you can have that photocopied, and then un ang ipa notarize mo..

yung statement po ni @psychoboy about original copy na colored scan, please validate if that is also acceptable sa ACS.. but definitely that is acceptable pag aapply na sa DIAC..
    please double check sa current requirements ng ACS....

Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)

• GeoffGeoff Quezon City
    Hi @psychoboy - So if I have the TOR and Diploma I had after graduation I can just go to any notary public for that? No need to request for a new copy from school? Would you know other document that I needed to seek authentication aside from the ones listed below?

TOR
    Diploma
    Certification of any trainings
    Detailed Certificate of Employment

Black and White scan is not allowed?

Effective today na pala ang AUD 450 na ACS Assessment fee from AUD 400.
  • GeoffGeoff Quezon City
    <blockquote
  • GeoffGeoff Quezon City

Regarding dfa authentication - yes.. hindi na po ito kailangan.... if you have original copy, you can have that photocopied, and then un ang ipa notarize mo..

yung statement po ni @psychoboy about original copy na colored scan, please validate if that is also acceptable sa ACS.. but definitely that is acceptable pag aapply na sa DIAC..

According to ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants issued August 2012

"A document is a certified copy when the original document is photo copied or scanned and is signed by a person authorized to certify documents.

A stamp is required on the certified copy to signify that it is a true copy of the original document

The following information is required on each page of the certifying copy:

1. The words "Certified True Copy of the Original"
    2. The signature of the certifying person
    3. The name, date and provider or registration number or designation (eg. Police Officer) of the certifying person"

So I can just photo copy all my documents and then notarized and scan for the ACS Application upload?
    @geoff - yes....Take note: notarize the photocopy of the original document..

@lock_code2004 - boss, sorry I could not validate for ACS. but yeah, I was speaking for DIAC...

Thanks!

Hi @psychoboy - So if I have the TOR and Diploma I had after graduation I can just go to any notary public for that? No need to request for a new copy from school? Would you know other document that I needed to seek authentication aside from the ones listed below?

TOR
    Diploma

@Geoff - no need to request new copies, just photocopy your existing TOR and Diploma and have it notarized...

• GeoffGeoff Quezon City

TOR
    Diploma

@Geoff - no need to request new copies, just photocopy your existing TOR and Diploma and have it notarized...
    Thanks @psychoboy So its ok to scan it like regular scan? Also, for the public notary, each page ba yun or each document? Any other tips for the ACS Assessment?

TOR
    Diploma

Thanks @psychoboy So its ok to scan it like regular scan? Also, for the public notary, each page ba yun or each document? Any other tips for the ACS Assessment?
    @Geoff - I dunno what you mean by regular scan...

(1) Have your paper notarized - I did the notarization per page, I don't think it would be sensible to have only the first or end part certified.
    (2) Once you have the notarized copy, have this scanned as your soft copy and for subsequent submission to either DIAC, ACS, etc. (would be great to have the scan in colored)
    (3) Could not comment on ACS requirements as our skills assessment was not done by them - think you should refer to their website for clarification. It should all be there I hope.

• GeoffGeoff Quezon City

@Geoff - I dunno what you mean by regular scan...

(1) Have your paper notarized - I did the notarization per page, I don't think it would be sensible to have only the first or end part certified.
    (2) Once you have the notarized copy, have this scanned as your soft copy and for subsequent submission to either DIAC, ACS, etc. (would be great to have the scan in colored)
    (3) Could not comment on ACS requirements as our skills assessment was not done by them - think you should refer to their website for clarification. It should all be there I hope.
    Hi @psychoboy - Thanks, I'll secure for public notary so as makapag file na ako ng application for assessment. I may need to wait for the Detailed COE from our HR. :)
  • xnaldxxnaldx Mandaluyong
    Hi everyone! Magtatanong lang ako sana kung meron kayong FAQ dito or let me say a deteiled checklist for noobies. :) Gusto ko kasi kumpletuhin muna ang mga requirements before I start anything. Many thanks sa mga sasagot. God bless and good luck to everyone here.
  • LittleBoyBlueLittleBoyBlue North Ryde
    @xnaldx complete yung info sa skillselect website, if you're aiming for skilled independent, start ka muna by gathering yung requirements dun sa recognized body na mag-assess ng skills mo and IELTS. Mas madali ma-kumpleto requirements sa IELTS kasi passport lang halos kailangan mo dun. Pwde ka na mag-start ng EOI process, kahit di mo muna i-submit, pero from sa registration mo sa EOI you have 2 years basically. Yung approach ko, nag-start muna ako magpa-assess ng skills sa Australia Computer Society, then tsaka ako nag IELTS, bago ako nag-submit ng expression of interest. pwde mo isabay yung skills assessment at IELTS to save time.

ICT Business Analyst - Visa 189 Granted Oct 2012

• the_BuGSthe_BuGS Dubai
    may tanong lang... kung 55pts ka na.. then state sposnsorhip (Visa Class 190) ang kinuha mo.... counted na ba as a 60pts yun dahil plus 5?
    @the_BuGS Yes, i-add up lahat yun sa EOI mo. Sa EOI, pwde multiple visa piliin mo, independent, state sponsored, regional sponsored, ang basis naman ng invite eh sa points, kung tie sa points, priority yung nauna nag-submit.

• LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Hi everyone! Magtatanong lang ako sana kung meron kayong FAQ dito or let me say a deteiled checklist for noobies. :) Gusto ko kasi kumpletuhin muna ang mga requirements before I start anything. Many thanks sa mga sasagot. God bless and good luck to everyone here.
    Oo nga, maganda siguro kung may magawa tayong ganito para mas madaling masundan hehe
  • elleelle Montreal
    @xnaldx Very nice suggestion. Habang wala pa yun, you can post your questions here. Lahat ng tao dito ambabait magbigay ng opinion saka advise based sa experience nila. Nakaka-inspire pa kasi sobrang daming success stories.

August 2012 - Gathering docs for me and hubby's ACS assessment

@elle agree, i-post nyo na lang muna tanong nyo. btw, nakita ko nasa ACS ka pa lang, if you scan your documents in color (preferably PDF), you'll save money sa pag-papacertified true copy. If you want to save time, do IELTS in parallel ng ACS, in my experience, 1.5 months yung next slot na nakuha ko na.

• xnaldxxnaldx Mandaluyong
    @elle @LokiJr Thanks. I think gather ko muna lahat ng credentials ko (TOR, Diploma, Training Certificates, Employment Certificates). Yung employment certificates ba kailangan in detailed? Normally kasi ang nakalagay dun yung joining and ending date as well as your designation. Hopefully makakuha pa ako ng detailed employment certificates sa previous jobs ko.
    @xnaldx - yes you will need your detailed job description for the skills assessment....
    so kailangan mo humingi sa HR nyo...

@xnaldx Ang ginawa ako, ako gumawa ng draft letter with detailed tasks, responsibilities, etc. etc. Tapos pina-print ko na lang sa dati kong boss in company letterhead and pina-pirmahan of course.

• ChescadjChescadj Quezon City
    Hi, I am almost ready to pass my requirements to VETASSES..assessing body for my occupation-Multimedia designer... Questions...
    1. Do I have to have each page of my documents notarized? or 1 stamp per document only?
    2. Do I need to have my resume certified too?

Reading a lot of information already confused me...any help would be appreciated! =)
  • hotshothotshot Sydney
    Hi, I am almost ready to pass my requirements to VETASSES..assessing body for my occupation-Multimedia designer... Questions...
    1. Do I have to have each page of my documents notarized? or 1 stamp per document only?
    2. Do I need to have my resume certified too?

Reading a lot of information already confused me...any help would be appreciated! =)
    1) i'm not too sure about VETASSES...pero sa ACS, lahat ng pages dapat may stamp ng Certified True Copy, Notary Public, and signature.

2) yung pinasa ko dati na CV sa ACS and DIAC ay hindi certified copy. tayo lang naman din kasi ang gumawa nun.

May 21 2012 - lodged visa 176 (NSW) online application
    May 30 2012 - CO allocation
    Jul 16 2012 - Visa Granted! (IED Deadline: May 16, 2013)
    Jan 19 2013 - Arrived in Sydney
    Jan 20 2013 - Started our job hunt
    Mar 11 2013 - Officially became a "HOUSE-BAND" :)
    Apr 22 2013 - End of my "HOUSE-BAND" career :)

• hotshothotshot Sydney
    @Chescadj : na-curious na din ako kaya tiningnan ko sa VETASSES website. sabi dun each page kelangan.

Each copy of every page of the original document must be certified separately and must show clearly:

-the words 'certified true copy of the original'
    -the original signature of the certifying officer
    -the name and address or provider/registration number (where appropriate) of the
    certifying officer legibly printed below the signature.

you can refer to the link below.
    http://www.vetassess.com.au/certifying_document/certifying_documents.cfm

good luck! :)

Oh thanks so much!!! =) that clears everything up..
    Also, since my occupation is under the CSOL list, what Visa can I get to migrate fast to Syndey?
  • hotshothotshot Sydney
    Oh thanks so much!!! =) that clears everything up..
    Also, since my occupation is under the CSOL list, what Visa can I get to migrate fast to Syndey?
    ang pinakamadali po ay either 189 or 190. if 189, kelangan nasa sched 1 ang nominated occupation nyo. pag 190 naman, kelangan nasa CSOL (either sched 1 or 2) and then check nyo sa NSW state migration plan kung nakalista sa kanila ang occupation nyo para makapagapply kayo ng state sponsorship.

Ah.. thanks hotshot!!! Sorry dami kong tanong.. another.. yung sa certificate of employment, pati pa ba yung dati kong jobs hihingan ko? kasi yung current job ko lang yung 3 years na pwede sa skills assessment, yung previous, puro contract basis lang.. pwede namang yung current lang?
  • hotshothotshot Sydney
    Ah.. thanks hotshot!!! Sorry dami kong tanong.. another.. yung sa certificate of employment, pati pa ba yung dati kong jobs hihingan ko? kasi yung current job ko lang yung 3 years na pwede sa skills assessment, yung previous, puro contract basis lang.. pwede namang yung current lang?
    pwede naman po. but the question is, enough po ba ang points nyo sa DIAC kahit 3 years experience lang ang idedeclare nyo (worth 5 points)?