Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Skilled Migrant Regional Visa (489) Application

Comments

• IsyutIsyut Adelaide

Hi Everyone,

Para po sa mga nakaalam, may konting tanong lang po ako about form 80. I hope may makatulong or makasagot po sa questions ko below. Thanks in advance.

Form 80 Questions:

**Part H - Proposed Travel or further stay

Question 24 - Are you applying for a temporary visa?

Tanong: Pag naka visa 489, temporary po ba ito or hinde?
    489 is a provisional visa so yes categorically it is a temporary resident visa. Pero in this question your answer here is NO with a view to long-term settlement.

Further Stay

Question 28 - Are you applying for a temporary visa?

Tanong: Pag naka visa 489, temporary po ba ito or hinde?
    same as above

Question 29 - Do you have any proposed or booked travel for your departure from Australia?

Tanong: Kung wala pa namang grant okay lang na ba na "NO" yung sagot?
    yes okay lang na NO ang answer

**Part I - Address(es) in Australia

Located Outside Australia

Question 31 - Do you know any details of the places you will stay during your time in Australia (eg. Hotel, friends, relatives)?

anong: Kung wala pa namang grant okay lang na ba na "NO" yung sagot?

yes okay lang NO if di mo pa alam

3 Oct 2012 - ACS Positive Assessment, Associate Degree
    13 Oct 2012 - IELTS (IDP JB L-6.5,R-7.5,W-7.0,S-7.5)
    22 Apr 2013 - Submitted EOI Visa 489-60pts
    03 Sep 2013 - Applied SA SS for visa 489
    26 Sep 2013 - SA SS approved and Invitation to lodge received
    17 Oct 2013 - Lodged 489 Visa, Uploading docs
    17 Oct 2013 - NBI Fingerprinting appt
    25 Oct 2013 - SG COC appl
    02 Nov 2013 - Uploaded NBI Clearance
    12 Nov 2013 - CO allocated Adelaide GSM Team 6 (CO requested for my eMedical, Form 80, SG COC)
    13 Nov 2013 - Medical exam (Point Medical Paragaon SG)
    15 Nov 2013 - Collected and uploaded SG COC
    17 Nov 2013 - Uploaded Form 80 and 1022
    29 Nov 2013- Visa Granted IED 14/11/2014
    25 June 2014 - Arrived in Sydney
    1 July 2014 - Arrived in Adelaide

"GOD is good all the time" 

• guenbguenb Mandaluyong
    @msjenniferj0y you can check all the details here http://www.canberrayourfuture.com.au/portal/migrating/article/skilled-visa-act-nomination/
    Yes possible pa din sa ACT kahit closed occupation as long as my close family member:

close family member (spouse / partner of the applicant; or parents, brother, sister,
    grandparents, step parents, step siblings of the main applicant or their spouse / partner)
    who is an Australian citizen / permanent resident and has resided in Canberra for the last
    twelve months

261111 - ICT Business Analyst
    26|05|15 - Visited Oz
    01|08|15 - IDP PH IELTS
    14|08|15 - (L:8.5 R:8.0 W:6.5 S:8.0 OBS:8.0) Sawi!
    07|09|15 - Remarking, unchanged.
    21|03|16 - Submitted to ACS
    30|03|16 - Assessment result, unsuitable, <4years
    27|09|16 - PTE Academic (L76/R55/S31/W88) Sawi!
    08|10|16 - IDP PH IELTS
    12|10|16 - Re-assessment ACS
    21|10|16 - (L:8.5 R:8.0 W:7.0 S:7.5 OBS:8.0) Better!
    28|10|16 - Assessment result, suitable!
    28|10|16 - Lodged EOI for 190/489 (60/65)
    Preparing for PTE Academic...
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

• msjenniferj0ymsjenniferj0y Philippines
    @guenb thank you po ulit. You are a great help po. I will read more about this and do more research.
    Meron po akong pinsan at tito na Australian citizen na po so sila po ang mag sponsor sa akin.
    Hopefully po makapag lodge ako ng EOI as soon as possible

• Au_VicAu_Vic Melbourne, Victoria

Good day po sa lahat gusto ko po sana humingi ng advice and at the same time get more information about visa application.

Last 2009 nag apply po ako for VE SubClass 176 Skilled Sponsored Migrant through a migration agency kaya lang po last 2015 nagkaroon ng Cap and Cease of Application and I was refunded the money for my visa application.

This year po I'm looking at lodging another application for Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) for the Invited pathway. Meron po akong cousin at uncle na matagal na pong citizen (sila rin yung nag sponsored po sa akin for the 176 visa)

Based po sa points calculator I got 75 points. I already took IELTS pero I'm thinking its expired na so I will need to take another one. Hopefully, I will get 7 band scores ulit.

My question po is regarding the VETASSESS, yun nominated ko pong occupation last time is Program or Project administrator and na assess po ako for that and I got a positive outcome. Pwede ko po bang gamitin ito once nag nominate ako ng bagong application for the "Organisation and Methods Analyst" which is listed now in the Migration (IMMI 17/072: Specification of Occupations and Assessing Authorities) Instrument 2017.

About lodging naman po the application, I understand I need to write first EOI via SkillSelect now. Is it advisable po ba to take IELTS and submit another assessment for the new occupation?

Any advise po and help will be appreciated.

Salamat po

Hi, I think you have to do the following process:

1. Submit your documents for skills assessment. If Vetassess ka, try to avail of their express service for an extra fee para mabilis.
    2. If positive ung skills assessment mo then take your english test and gather all documents. Note: you can take the risk of sorting our your english test while waiting for the result of your assessment yun nga lang kpg negative ung assessment mo then baka msayang ung fee sa english test)
    3. If positive ung step 1 and 2, gather all your documents to support the points you will claim. Note: ensure that you have all the supporting evidences kasi once na ma-invite ka you only have 60 days to lodge the visa application.
    4. Kapag kumpleto na ung supporting documents mo then lodge ka ng EOI.

If your occupation is not one of those capped professions like IT or accountants, there is a possibility that once you lodged your EOI you may get invited quicker than what you expect so better be prepared as early as possible.

I'm Australian in paper but pinoy in form....Living in the most liveable city in the world...Melbourne! Oi, oi, oi!!!

@guenb thank you po for replying. Ayusin ko muna po lahat ng papers ko before ako mag lodge ng EOI.
    Then may nabasa po ako about ACT closed na daw po for overseas applicants pero if you have close ties like family then you can still apply. Also, yun nominated po na job ko asa list sya pero when I check sa ACT closed na din po yun application. Ibig po bang sabihin hindi na ako pwede mag Apply ng visa?
    Maraming salamat po ulit sa mga magrereply.

Hi,

Just to clarify,there are different streams of visa 489. I'll explain the difference:

a. 489 (family/relative sponsored - subject to quota by immigration)
    - to be eligible for family sponsorship, you have to have an occupation listed in the independent and family sponsored occupation list https://www.acacia-au.com/IFSOL.php
    - if yung occupation mo wala sa list then your relative CANNOT sponsor you.

b. 489 (state sponsorship - not subject by immigration quotas but state may have their own limitations)
    - to be eligible, you have to have an occupation listed in the State occupation list that will sponsor you
    - if wala sa list ng state ung occupation mo then you CANNOT apply for 489 SS.

Which one of the above applies to you so I can give you a more direct answer?

I'm Australian in paper but pinoy in form....Living in the most liveable city in the world...Melbourne! Oi, oi, oi!!!

@Au_Vic thank you for for that detail information. Dami ko pong natutunan sa forum na ito. Ayusin ko muna lahat ng docs for assessment and requirements. God bless po sa lahat.
    @Au_Vic hi po ulit. Regarding the type of visa. Yun sa 489 na relative sponsor po wala dun yun work ko sa list pero po sa State sponsorship andun po pero closed na. So not sure po if pwede pa rin ako mag Apply for 489 visa.
    Ang nominated occupation ko po ay Organisation and Methods Analyst. Thanks po
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@Au_Vic hi po ulit. Regarding the type of visa. Yun sa 489 na relative sponsor po wala dun yun work ko sa list pero po sa State sponsorship andun po pero closed na. So not sure po if pwede pa rin ako mag Apply for 489 visa.

You can only apply for state soonsored visa 489 if it is still open, otherwise wait for reopening usually July 1.
    @fgs thanks po for answering. So hindi na po ako pwede mag Apply nun 489-family sponsored kasi wala sa list yun nominated occupation ko pero yun 489-state sponsored since andun yun nominated occupation ko I can apply once mag open sila sa July 2018. Tama po ba?
    Salamat po sa mga information at sagot ninyo. Very helpful po sa akin.

You need to wait for the state sponsorship to re-open for you to be able to apply as long as your occupation is still in the list.

You mentioned in your earlier posts that you wanted to apply for ACT SS? ACT usually closes its SS for overseas applicants quicker than other states (this time only 2 month since July).

I would suggest to keep an eye at the ACT SS website every now and then coz you'll never know if they will re-open again, otherwise, every July, each state refreshes their state nomination.

@fgs thanks po for answering. So hindi na po ako pwede mag Apply nun 489-family sponsored kasi wala sa list yun nominated occupation ko pero yun 489-state sponsored since andun yun nominated occupation ko I can apply once mag open sila sa July 2018. Tama po ba?
    Salamat po sa mga information at sagot ninyo. Very helpful po sa akin.

yes, kung wala ung occupation mo sa list ng family sponsored occupation, hindi ka pwede mag apply ng 489 via relative/family sponsorship.

@Au_Vic thank you po for always answering my questions. Icheck ko po lagi ang website ng ACT and also research more about other states na pwede ko pag applyan
  • spywarespyware Singapore
    @fgs @Au_Vic Hello po! It's me again... my query lang po ako re dependent of 489 Visa holder (state sponsored). Allowed po ba to work ung dependent e.g. spouse?
    Another thing, while your family is holding a 489 visa, pede po bang mag travel outside Au?

Salamat :)
  • audreamer05audreamer05 Singapore
    I do have the same question with @spyware. Ok lang din ba na magfulfill ng obligations si spouse and not the main applicant? (ex, si spouse ang nakahanap ng work) And just incase, in the future ok lang na mag-apply ng 189 without fulfilling the obligations of 489 holder. (I know mas magastos in this way rather than converting 489 to PR), just looking in this option just incase na hindi talaga makahanap ng work.
  • HeprexHeprex Melbourne
    @audreamer05 hello, kung holder ka na ng 489, only pathway is 887 na. I don't think you can apply for 189. Not sure about this info. Intay natin sagot ng iba. :)

263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer | Age: 30pts | Education: 15pts | Experience: 5pts | English: 20pts | Total: 70pts
    03.08.2016 - joined pinoyau forum
    12.08.2016 - Start collating documents needed for ACS assessment.
    17.11.2016 - CTC'd and Submitted online ACS Assessment.
    28.11.2016 - ACS Result Suitable (AQF Advance Diploma, 5 years deducted) - Sent Appeal Application
    05.12.2016 - ACS Appeal Successful (AQF Bachelor Degree, 2 years deducted)
    21.12.2016 - Submitted EOI 189/190(NSW) (60/65)
    07.09.2017 - Update EOI 189 to 70pts
    20.09.2017 - INVITED!!!
    02.10.2017 - NBI Appointment - Hit for Wifey
    09.10.2017 - Medical @ Nationwide Makati - NBI Release for Wifey
    10.10.2017 - Medical Cleared (Both) - Visa 189 Application Lodge - Frontloaded All Documents
    20.02.2018 - GRANTED!! FINALLY!!! 02 Oct 2018 IED
    *****AFTER GRANT*****
    20.03.2018 - CFO/PDOS
    28.05.2018 - Initial Entry
    31.07.2018 - Big Move (Melbourne)
    Days Count since Lodging: 133 days - counting ends here!!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Date applied: 06 July 2022
    City/Council area: City of Maroondah (VIC)
    Online / Paper: Online
    Date received the acknowledgement email: 06 July 2022
    Received Citizenship Interview & Test Appointment letter: 09 Feb 2023
    Date of the Citizenship Test: 15 Feb 2023
    Citizenship Approval: 15 Feb 2023
    Received Ceremony Invitation: 08 May 2023
    Date of ceremony: 07 June 2023
    Road to Superior:
    20.12.2016 - L68/R70/S83/W65
    16.01.2017 - L63/R74/S80/W59
    *****wedding preps*****
    26.06.2017 - L61/R75/S82/W72
    05.07.2017 - L71/R90/S83/W74
    24.07.2017 - L78/R82/S88/W80 - DAMN!!!
    01.08.2017 - L72/R78/S88/W70
    08.08.2017 - L73/R90/S90/W73
    14.08.2017 - L73/R81/S84/W83
    **********Haitus********
    06.09.2017 - L89/R88/S90/W81 - YEEEEYYYY!!!!
    Mock Test:
    16.12.2016 - Set A - L71/R58/S56/W64
    17.12.2016 - Set B - L73/R61/S71/W67
    List of documents I submitted: (updated Feb 2018) http://pinoyau.info/discussion/comment/282889/#Comment_282889
    Tip #TeamFeedback: http://pinoyau.info/discussion/comment/282580/#Comment_282580
    Sample recording: https://app.box.com/s/au3bmauev40mvffwdq3fvrrd59yqqs1w
    My PTE tips: http://pinoyau.info/discussion/comment/257891/#Comment_257891
    PTE Resources:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2kJYAKd2peiNUMwU01IQ1Z2djA&usp=sharing
    http://pinoyau.info/discussion/6364/pte-review-materials/p1
    ptestudy.com
    http://thevsquare.blogspot.com/
    Are you into stock market investing? Are you looking to invest in US stock Market? Are you OZ citizen or a PR already in OZ?
    I recommend using Stake App to get into US market. It has $0 brokerage fee, and no commission. Just pay the FOREX rate when you transfer funds to your AU to US Stake App. You can earn Free stock if you use my referral code below:
    Invest in US Stocks and ETFs on Stake. Join today using my referral code jeffrexo362 and we can both get a free stock.
    https://hellostake.com/au/referral?referrer=jeffrexo362
    11:11

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    spyware said:

@fgs @Au_Vic Hello po! It's me again... my query lang po ako re dependent of 489 Visa holder (state sponsored). Allowed po ba to work ung dependent e.g. spouse?
    Another thing, while your family is holding a 489 visa, pede po bang mag travel outside Au?

All your dependents/spouse have unlimited work and study rights. Travel in and out of Australia is okay throughout the validity of your visa.. In applying for the 887 PR visa, only the main applicant is required to co ply with the 2 years residence and at least 1 year fulltime work.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin

I do have the same question with @spyware. Ok lang din ba na magfulfill ng obligations si spouse and not the main applicant? (ex, si spouse ang nakahanap ng work) And just incase, in the future ok lang na mag-apply ng 189 without fulfilling the obligations of 489 holder. (I know mas magastos in this way rather than converting 489 to PR), just looking in this option just incase na hindi talaga makahanap ng work.

Either you or your spouse can be the main applicant for 887...kung aino makafulfill sa req towards PR887...i guessed you can apply for 189 later if you want pero para ka lang din bumalik sa umpisa.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    @audreamer05 But if you are nearing complying your 2 years res and 1 yr fulltime work, just wait to apply 887 rather than the 189 visa kasi 887 will only cost you $370+ while 189 is still the $3600+
    fgs said:

spyware said:

All your dependents/spouse have unlimited work and study rights. Travel in and out of Australia is okay throughout the validity of your visa.. In applying for the 887 PR visa, only the main applicant is required to co ply with the 2 years residence and at least 1 year fulltime work.
    Hello @fgs ! Thanks again for taking your time to reply.
    So if ung main applicant lang ung compulsory to comply with the 2yrs. stay, kaming dependents pede nalang sumunod sa kanya say like after few mons. or maybe a year later?
    after mag IED, pede kami bumalik muna ng pinas? wait lang para mag.settle c hubby tas balik ulet sa Au in time for 887 application. Is this feasible?
    Thanks @fgs and @Heprex! @fgs, iniisip ko lang ngayon is to secure muna ng visa, either 189, 190 or 489, kung ano ang mauna. Kung 489 ang mauna, worry ko lang isa baka mahirapan ifullfill ang obligations kaya just looking for option na mag-apply ng 189.

489 visa is 4 years diba? Ok lang ba na mag big move sa ika-3rd year na? Renewable naman siya diba?
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin

Thanks @fgs and @Heprex! @fgs, iniisip ko lang ngayon is to secure muna ng visa, either 189, 190 or 489, kung ano ang mauna. Kung 489 ang mauna, worry ko lang isa baka mahirapan ifullfill ang obligations kaya just looking for option na mag-apply ng 189.

489 visa is 4 years diba? Ok lang ba na mag big move sa ika-3rd year na? Renewable naman siya diba?

Yes renewable sya pero why on the 3rd yr pa? Why not try 189 and 190 and you can just move on the 3rd or 4th yr if you want...may req kasi 489 for PR application.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    spyware said:

fgs said:

spyware said:

Hello @fgs ! Thanks again for taking your time to reply.
    So if ung main applicant lang ung compulsory to comply with the 2yrs. stay, kaming dependents pede nalang sumunod sa kanya say like after few mons. or maybe a year later?
    after mag IED, pede kami bumalik muna ng pinas? wait lang para mag.settle c hubby tas balik ulet sa Au in time for 887 application. Is this feasible?
    Yes pwede pero samahan mo na hubby mo para may karamay sya sa hirap at ginhawa he he
    @fgs Kasi si spouse is naka bond pa sa company ng 2 years. Then ako naman turning 33 na which is magbawas na ng 5 points sa age. Kaya mas lumiliit ang chance. Now what we are thinking first is to secure a visa first, kahit anong visa pa siya.
    spyware said:

With 489, ung family members mo na ksama sa visa application at grant can work within the regional area with any employer. with 489, you and your family can travel in and out of australia during the visa period

if you are a holder of 489 visa, you can apply for 887 (PR) once you fulfill the conditions of your visa. 887 visa application fee is cheap around 400aud ata.

If you can get PR visa via 189, then do that rather than 489.

@fgs Kasi si spouse is naka bond pa sa company ng 2 years. Then ako naman turning 33 na which is magbawas na ng 5 points sa age. Kaya mas lumiliit ang chance. Now what we are thinking first is to secure a visa first, kahit anong visa pa siya.

yes, you need to secure a visa asap coz immigration rules change often nowadays. If you can get a 189 visa do it coz it is more flexible.

489 has conditions and I think it can be renewed just in case it expires BUT you have to meet the 2 year live/1year work to be sure that there will be no issues. I believe immigration will conduct some checkings for people applying for RRV.

@fgs Hahaha, natawa ako dun sa hirap at ginhawa, oo nga din kawawa nman cya kung mag.isa lang :)
    Sana2x po darating din ung time para samin...Salamat , God bless! :)
    Au_Vic said:

spyware said:

With 489, ung family members mo na ksama sa visa application at grant can work within the regional area with any employer. with 489, you and your family can travel in and out of australia during the visa period
    Hi @Au_Vic Salamat2x sa advice. Mabuti naman kung ganun para makatulog kay hubby sa gastusin, hihihi.
  • kisses1417kisses1417 Davao City
    Big move ko na po this month under 489 @Au_Vic and @fgs , ano po ilalagay sa immigartin card sa airport na reason for hoing to australia? Usually kasi vacation diba or leisure, pero pag ganito po, MIGRATION ba dapat? And also kahit 1 month pa muna ako sa sydney at magvivist sa sister ko, MIGRATion pa din ba? Adelaide po kami after magbakasyon sa sydney.

Also, tama po ba one way lang ticket namin, Manila to Sydney. Then need po ba ipakita ko na din ticket ko dito palang sa Pilipinas yung Sydney to Adelaide? Or no need po? Natatakot kasi ako magkamali mali e kaya nagtatanong po ako hehe

Tapos sa pila po sa immigation sa airport, san po ba dun, diba may mga tourists, may mga immigrants , san pi ba dun?