Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Engineers Australia Skills Assessment

Comments

• 3K_bella3K_bella Posts: 5Member

@stihlce12 said:

@3K_bella said:
    Hi fellow engineers, just cross posting here. Basically civil in general ang experience ko, so applying for 233211 - Civil Engineer. But I have different roles like sa project management, execution, proposal/bidding, quantity surveying, warranty stage, etc, all of those are part of my job as CE. Im just confused kasi yung sa ANZSCO may separate na quantity surveyor, construction project manager, civil engineer, etc. Planning to put my experience as bid project manager sa career episode ko. Would that be okay? or that falls under construction project manager? Under kasi dun yung tender and contract bids. Thank you in advance.

Hi Bella, i think we have similar case. i am CE with site operation experience and now QS working. If I refer to ANZSCO, QS in within the unit group of CE professional. thus, our QS experience are related to Civil Engineer. Creating CDR with our QS experience is quite complex because you have to ensure that the content shall comply with CE prof competency element (MSA Booklet). so as long u can correlate the QS work in CE competency then could be fine. I saw sample in the internet a QS CDR

Hi @stihlce12. Thank you for your comment. Yeah I think that's what's confusing kasi broad ang range ng civil engineer. If I just have to look sa general role description of professional engineer sa MSA, I think pasok naman but if I have to look at ANZSCO medyo nagdoubt ako kasi "plans, designs, organises and oversees" not sure where does tender/bid process fall on that. But will try to associate that experience sa professional engineer competency elements. Otherwise, I have to think another career episode.

• stihlce12stihlce12 Singapore

then could be fine. I saw sample in the internet a QS CDR

Hi @stihlce12. Thank you for your comment. Yeah I think that's what's confusing kasi broad ang range ng civil engineer. If I just have to look sa general role description of professional engineer sa MSA, I think pasok naman but if I have to look at ANZSCO medyo nagdoubt ako kasi "plans, designs, organises and oversees" not sure where does tender/bid process fall on that. But will try to associate that experience sa professional engineer competency elements. Otherwise, I have to think another career episode.

Hi Bella, no problem the least that i could help. base din d2 sa thread n to just stick on MSA Booklet, nka describe nmn don how u should demonstrate your competency. somehow, per our experiences it could be correlate. mag DIY kaba? Me, already drafted the content of my CDR inihimay himay ko pa..

28 March 2023: Heal Assessment-Health Clearance Provided
    25 March 2023: Medical Exam Done
    17 March 2023: Visa Lodge SC 190
    02 March 2023: Received Nomination Approval NSW and ITA from DOHA
    15 Feb 2023: Received Pre-invitation from NSW
    11 Dec 2022: Submitted EOI for SC 190 NSW & VIC and SC 189
    15 Nov 2022: Received Skill Assessment From Engr Aus-Prof Eng
    10 Oct 2022: Submitted Standard CDR to Engr Aus for Skill Assessment
    09 May 2022: PTE Exam Result Proficient Score

@stihlce12 said:

Hi Bella, no problem the least that i could help. base din d2 sa thread n to just stick on MSA Booklet, nka describe nmn don how u should demonstrate your competency. somehow, per our experiences it could be correlate. mag DIY kaba? Me, already drafted the content of my CDR inihimay himay ko pa..

@stihlce12 I have an agent pero I'm still considering anong okay na career episode and ilalagay ko. Drafting the first part is the hardest. :smiley: Good luck to your EA skill assessment!

• toyotafxtoyotafx Posts: 88Member

My suggestion on creating a CDR is, pick projects that will showcase engineering competencies based on the MSA guidelines for PEs, EAs, and ETs. You then align what you did in those projects to your ANZSCO occupation. Some occupations might be broad, but the general idea is, if the primary role or occupation that you are demonstrating in your CDR fits how ANZSCO described it, doesn't matter if you tick one or two or all of how the occupation is described. As long as the engineering competencies are filled in the CDR according to the MSA and the some (not all) description of that occupation in ANZSCO is met, then you should be okay.

Don't use CDR writing services. The risk is far greater than the reward.

133512 offshore | 190 - 80 pts | Age - 25 | English - 20 | Qualifications - 15 | State - 5 | Partner - 10 | CCL - 5
    233513 offshore | 189 - 85 pts | 190 - 90 | 491 - 100 | Age - 25 | English - 20 | Qualifications - 15 | Work Experience (outside) - 10 | State - 5/15 | Partner - 10 | CCL - 5

15.08.20 - started researching. identified which ANZSCO occupation I should have assessed
    22.08.20 - consultation with VETASSESS consultant on my nominated ANZSCO occupation
    01.09.20 - took IELTS test
    07.09.20 - results came out, proficient only
    07.09.20 - submitted 133512 assessment requirements to VETASSESS
    08.09.20 - started drafting CDR for EA assessment for 233511
    18.09.20 - positive outcome of VETASSESS assessment (although most of my work experience was not credited)
    24.09.20 - took PTE. superior outcome
    01.10.20 - submitted application to EA for 233511
    07.10.20 - submitted application to ACS for partner's skills assessment
    13.10.20 - received positive outcome from EA for 233513
    17.10.20 - partner's english test. PTE proficient
    17.10.20 - EOI lodged. 133512 - 190 @ 70 pts
    17.10.20 - EOI lodged. 233513 - 189 @ 75 pts, 190 @ 80 pts
    11.10.20 - positive outcome for partner's skills assessment +5 points. 189 and 190 for 233513 increased to 80 and 85, respectively
    24.11.20 - CCL test
    01.12.20 - passed CCL test. 189 and 190 @ 85 & 90 pts, respectively, for 233513. 190 @ 75pts for 133512
    03.11.21 - ROI submitted to SA. 491 @ 100 pts for 233513
    25.11.21 - ITA SA ROI. submitted application
    26.11.21 - SA ROI approved. EOI ITA issued
    24.12.21 - lodged 491 invite for SA. waiting for character reference from SG. health exam notice issued by immi.
    15.01.22 - uploaded SG character reference, updated medical
    08.02.22 - received 190 NSW invite for 133512
    18.02.22 - lodged 190 invite for NSW.
    10.05.22 - granted 190 NSW. no CO contact.

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator

@toyotafx said:
    My suggestion on creating a CDR is, pick projects that will showcase engineering competencies based on the MSA guidelines for PEs, EAs, and ETs. You then align what you did in those projects to your ANZSCO occupation. Some occupations might be broad, but the general idea is, if the primary role or occupation that you are demonstrating in your CDR fits how ANZSCO described it, doesn't matter if you tick one or two or all of how the occupation is described. As long as the engineering competencies are filled in the CDR according to the MSA and the some (not all) description of that occupation in ANZSCO is met, then you should be okay.

@toyotafx said:

You’re definitely in the right track. ANZSCO myst be used as reference. Cannot stress enough to not use writing services. It’s your career and work experience which no one else can know better than yourself. To be honest we’ve never assisted clients with the content of their CDR as engineering is not our scope of expertise. Also, we encourage clients to write and use their own words as it is unethical for us to do this for them - that’s altering data on their behalf. What we do is we guide them on the technical side, if it meets the format and requirements. I’ve always believe that if one is able to obtain an engineering degree, one is capable to write the CDR. We have been using such approach since day 1 and we’ve not so far had negative outcome on skills assessments for EA. This goes to show, there is definitely no need to hire any writing services.

@stihlce12 said:

Sorry @stihlce12 , just want to clarify, were you talking about an agent to check on your CDR? What I meant of agent is the agent to assist me in whole application process from EOI to lodging the visa application (if invited). For my CDR, I will do everything by myself and I guess part of my agent's job is to check all the documents I'll submit for my EOI and that includes my CDR...to give advice, perhaps. But not sure if there's an agent who could only do the checking of CDR.

• stihlce12stihlce12 Singapore

You’re definitely in the right track. ANZSCO myst be used as reference. Cannot stress enough to not use writing services. It’s your career and work experience which no one else can know better than yourself. To be honest we’ve never assisted clients with the content of their CDR as engineering is not our scope of expertise. Also, we encourage clients to write and use their own words as it is unethical for us to do this for them - that’s altering data on their behalf. What we do is we guide them on the technical side, if it meets the format and requirements. I’ve always believe that if one is able to obtain an engineering degree, one is capable to write the CDR. We have been using such approach since day 1 and we’ve not so far had negative outcome on skills assessments for EA. This goes to show, there is definitely no need to hire any writing services.

Hi Rhea, you said that "we guided on technical side if it meets to format and requirements" these service is within package from the whole migration consultancy? no such thing exclusive service for checking only the CDR or assisting client for EA skill assessment?

28 March 2023: Heal Assessment-Health Clearance Provided
    25 March 2023: Medical Exam Done
    17 March 2023: Visa Lodge SC 190
    02 March 2023: Received Nomination Approval NSW and ITA from DOHA
    15 Feb 2023: Received Pre-invitation from NSW
    11 Dec 2022: Submitted EOI for SC 190 NSW & VIC and SC 189
    15 Nov 2022: Received Skill Assessment From Engr Aus-Prof Eng
    10 Oct 2022: Submitted Standard CDR to Engr Aus for Skill Assessment
    09 May 2022: PTE Exam Result Proficient Score

• ScofieldScofield Posts: 33Member

Ngayon ko lang nalaman may ganitong forum pala. Medyo nakakapagod din magbasa sa dami pero worth it. Haha. I plan to submit my documents sa EA for assessment. Hinihintay ko nalang yun delivery ng English translation ng diploma ko at need ko pa rin magrequest ng COE sa employer ko. Isa lang employer ko kasi dun na ko na-hire after graduation. Okay lang ba yun COE eh standard format ng company? I tried kasi to draft yun content ng COE (with chronological listing ng mga projects I worked on and inilagay ko rin yun specific na ginawa) at yun sana yun gusto kong ipasa para mag-match din sa CDR ko.

edited November 2020

@stihlce12 said:

Hi Rhea, you said that "we guided on technical side if it meets to format and requirements" these service is within package from the whole migration consultancy? no such thing exclusive service for checking only the CDR or assisting client for EA skill assessment?

That’s the actual skills assessment assistance. If you’re expecting an agent or staff to write your CDR, definitely not something we do. We guide them to make sure they meet all the requirements and submit a decision ready application. Don’t expect any agent to be all of a sudden knowledgeable with the engineering side of things - you’ll never find one. No agent can ever check the content of your CDR. That’s your expertise. Just to be clear, CDR isn’t the skills assessment, that’s only part of the skills assessment.

What happens is if client sends us their CDR, we will browse through it. I read through it. There are occasions when I read very vague statements so I just tell the client to expound on what he/she’s trying to say on that section to address the requirement. Also, if I think the client didn’t address what was required, I will provide my feedback. That’s the most we can do. I cannot tell the client what exactly he/she should write in there. I’m not exactly sure what you expect when you refer to “checking the CDR”

baikenericson29

@Scofield said:
    Ngayon ko lang nalaman may ganitong forum pala. Medyo nakakapagod din magbasa sa dami pero worth it. Haha. I plan to submit my documents sa EA for assessment. Hinihintay ko nalang yun delivery ng English translation ng diploma ko at need ko pa rin magrequest ng COE sa employer ko. Isa lang employer ko kasi dun na ko na-hire after graduation. Okay lang ba yun COE eh standard format ng company? I tried kasi to draft yun content ng COE (with chronological listing ng mga projects I worked on and inilagay ko rin yun specific na ginawa) at yun sana yun gusto kong ipasa para mag-match din sa CDR ko.

Make sure to submit an employment reference letter and not a COE. As per the guideline, EA isn’t asking for a COE at all but an employment reference letter. Make sure you know the difference.

Scofield
  • ScofieldScofield Posts: 33Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Scofield said:

Make sure to submit an employment reference letter and not a COE. As per the guideline, EA isn’t asking for a COE at all but an employment reference letter. Make sure you know the difference.

OMG! Talaga po ba? Sige po. Thank thank you sa information na to.

• reomanreoman Posts: 21Member

Ano po ba nakalagay sa outcome letter ng engineers australia?

@reoman said:

133512 offshore | 190 - 80 pts | Age - 25 | English - 20 | Qualifications - 15 | State - 5 | Partner - 10 | CCL - 5
    233513 offshore | 189 - 85 pts | 190 - 90 | 491 - 100 | Age - 25 | English - 20 | Qualifications - 15 | Work Experience (outside) - 10 | State - 5/15 | Partner - 10 | CCL - 5

15.08.20 - started researching. identified which ANZSCO occupation I should have assessed
    22.08.20 - consultation with VETASSESS consultant on my nominated ANZSCO occupation
    18.09.20 - positive outcome of VETASSESS assessment (although most of my work experience was not credited)
    11.10.20 - positive outcome for partner's skills assessment +5 points. 189 and 190 for 233513 increased to 80 and 85, respectively
    24.11.20 - CCL test
    01.12.20 - passed CCL test. 189 and 190 @ 85 & 90 pts, respectively, for 233513. 190 @ 75pts for 133512
    24.12.21 - lodged 491 invite for SA. waiting for character reference from SG. health exam notice issued by immi.

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

Thanks sir. Bale yung total years of exp po ba dun madedetermine yung points na aaward sayo? Meron kasi akong 2 years na wala akong makuhang proof. Ayaw akong bigyan ng employment letter haha.

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

Thanks sir. Bale yung total years of exp po ba dun madedetermine yung points na aaward sayo? Meron kasi akong 2 years na wala akong makuhang proof. Ayaw akong bigyan ng employment letter haha.

yes. so whatever you had assessed by EA, yun yung claim mo sa EOI mo boss. if you are not able to have those years assessed, no go.

24.11.20 - CCL test

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

yes. so whatever you had assessed by EA, yun yung claim mo sa EOI mo boss. if you are not able to have those years assessed, no go.

Sir, additional question lang, nag email kasi ako sa EA mismo asking about sa missing employment letter. Ang sabi sakin is send lang lahat ng alam kong related sa work exp ko tapos yung assessor na bahala. Based sa letter sau sir meron mga dates na di naconsider sayo. May nakuha ka bang chance to defend yung mga exp mo na yun?

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

Sir, additional question lang, nag email kasi ako sa EA mismo asking about sa missing employment letter. Ang sabi sakin is send lang lahat ng alam kong related sa work exp ko tapos yung assessor na bahala. Based sa letter sau sir meron mga dates na di naconsider sayo. May nakuha ka bang chance to defend yung mga exp mo na yun?

i'm sure they will give you a "chance to defend", but they will only go on with the information you send them. If you don't have a reference letter from your employment or unable to get one, based from the MSA booklet of EA, it would be challenging for you to prove you were employed by employers who will not give you a reference letter.

24.11.20 - CCL test

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

i'm sure they will give you a "chance to defend", but they will only go on with the information you send them. If you don't have a reference letter from your employment or unable to get one, based from the MSA booklet of EA, it would be challenging for you to prove you were employed by employers who will not give you a reference letter.

Meron po akong complete bank records ng mga sahod ko sa company na yun. Would that suffice? hehe. Sa tax forms naman kulang ng isang taon. Hays dadamot kasi ng mga company pag mga ganyan na paperworks.

• EngrCyAlexEngrCyAlex Posts: 99Member

Hi po. Pwede po humingi ng sample ng cv na inaattach sa EA? Please. 🙏🙏🙏 eto po email ko. 😊[email protected]

Hi po. May nakaview na po ng philhealth contributions nila sa website ng philhealth lately? Downloadable po ba yun? Di ko maopen yung akin ang sabi under maintenance daw.

Hi. May member po ba ng PICE dito? Nakakakuha po ba ng membership certificate?

RheaMARN1171933
  • tigerlancetigerlance Philippines

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

Meron po akong complete bank records ng mga sahod ko sa company na yun. Would that suffice? hehe. Sa tax forms naman kulang ng isang taon. Hays dadamot kasi ng mga company pag mga ganyan na paperworks.

Kuha ka sa BIR. Importante ang third party evidence ( government agency)/ kaysa 2nd party evidence (company).

19/04/2011 IELTS Competent L:7.0, R: 7.5, W: 6.0, S: 6.0, OBS: 6.5
    27/03/2018 PTE Proficient L:73, R: 70, W: 73, S: 78, OBS: 71
    07/07/2018 Received Passport (10 years expiry)
    08/08/2018 Received Driver's Licence 5 years
    09/10/2018 0600H EA Queued for Assessment
    29/10/2018 0530H Assessment in Progress
    29/10/2018 1200H Outcome Received (Positive)
    16/11/2019 1326H EOI Lodged 491 Family Sponsored 90 pts.
    28/11/2019 NBI Application. (HIT)
    09/12/2019 NBI Clearance Claimed at NBI Ermita for Faster processing
    09/01/2020 2100H ITA 491
    14/01/2020 Received Sponsorship Documents
    20/01/2020 Payroll Statement of Account
    27/01/2020 E medical at Nationwide Baguio
    28/01/2020 E medical No Action Required. Nationwide Submitted to DHA
    29/01/2020 Received Current Payslip
    02/02/2020 SSS Inquiry System
    07/02/2020 Reference Letter Current
    07/02/2020 Provident Fund Update
    10/02/2020 Polio Vaccination Certificate
    12/02/2020 BIR Form 2316 updated to 2019
    15/02/2020 Lodgment of Visa. Frontloaded all Docs including Form 80, 1221, 1281, medicals as per guidelines
    18/02/2020 Form 1023
    07/05/2020 CO allocated
    27/10/2020 Direct Grant. No CO Contact.
    19/05/2022 The Big Move

• tigerlancetigerlance Philippines

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

@toyotafx said:

@reoman said:

1.PRIMARY DOCUMENTSReference letter on official company letterhead to:Indicate 5 main duties undertaken, job title or position;Indicate the exact period of employment (commencement and completion dates);Be endorsed and dated by the manager/direct supervisor/HR Section (with official telephone & email address);Indicate full or part-time with number of work hours;Pay rate;Include the company’s stamp if applicable

.2.SECONDARY DOCUMENTS
    Income Tax Return Acknowledgement or Receipt; and/or
    Social Security Insurance
    / Superfund/
    Provident Fund
    / Retirement Contribution Statement Reports

Provide them: ITR Form 2316 complete, SSS Contributions, HDMF (Pag-ibig)
    Madali lang naman ito. Yung mahirap yung reference letter, na ikaw na mismong gagawa and papirmahin mo sa boss mo.

19/04/2011 IELTS Competent L:7.0, R: 7.5, W: 6.0, S: 6.0, OBS: 6.5
    27/03/2018 PTE Proficient L:73, R: 70, W: 73, S: 78, OBS: 71
    07/07/2018 Received Passport (10 years expiry)
    08/08/2018 Received Driver's Licence 5 years
    09/10/2018 0600H EA Queued for Assessment
    29/10/2018 0530H Assessment in Progress
    29/10/2018 1200H Outcome Received (Positive)
    16/11/2019 1326H EOI Lodged 491 Family Sponsored 90 pts.
    28/11/2019 NBI Application. (HIT)
    09/12/2019 NBI Clearance Claimed at NBI Ermita for Faster processing
    09/01/2020 2100H ITA 491
    14/01/2020 Received Sponsorship Documents
    20/01/2020 Payroll Statement of Account
    27/01/2020 E medical at Nationwide Baguio
    28/01/2020 E medical No Action Required. Nationwide Submitted to DHA
    29/01/2020 Received Current Payslip
    02/02/2020 SSS Inquiry System
    07/02/2020 Reference Letter Current
    07/02/2020 Provident Fund Update
    10/02/2020 Polio Vaccination Certificate
    12/02/2020 BIR Form 2316 updated to 2019
    15/02/2020 Lodgment of Visa. Frontloaded all Docs including Form 80, 1221, 1281, medicals as per guidelines
    18/02/2020 Form 1023
    07/05/2020 CO allocated
    27/10/2020 Direct Grant. No CO Contact.
    19/05/2022 The Big Move

Hi. Medyo confused lang po dito. Ang pinaprepare po kasi ng agent ko ay standard coe in company letterhead signed by HR plus affidavit with detailed job description, payrate, duration, employment status, working hrs, signed by my immediate supervisor. Ok lang po ba yun?

• mugsy27mugsy27 Oakhurst

@EngrCyAlex said:
    Hi po. Pwede po humingi ng sample ng cv na inaattach sa EA? Please. 🙏🙏🙏 eto po email ko. 😊[email protected]

follow mo lang po format na to...

https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/content-files/2016-12/chronological_resume.pdf

ScofieldEngrCyAlex

233411: Electronics Engineer

20 Aug'16: IELTS (BC-SG)
    2 Sep'16: IELTS Results: L8.5 R7 W6.5 S6.5 - saklap
    7 Sep'16: Lodged EA Assessment
    23 Sep'16: EA Positive Outcome
    25 Oct'16: PTE-A Results: L:80 R:83 W:86 S:84 - Thank you God!!!!!
    25 Oct'16: Lodged 189 Visa (75 pts)
    26 Oct'16: Received ITA for 189 - Thank you God!!!!
    21 Nov'16: 189 Visa Lodged!
    23 Nov'16: Uploaded all Docs
    28 Nov'16: Direct Grant! ... THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!!
    25 Jun'17 - BIG MOVE
    4 Sep'17 - Started working

Great things start from small beginnings... - MILO

29 Jun'21: Applied for Au Citizenship
    04 Mar'22: Interview and Exam Date (re-sched due to Covid isolation)
    04 May'22: Interview and Exam Date (actual)
    04 May'22: Citizenship by Conferral Approval
    02 Jul'22: Oath Taking Ceremony .... Aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi

@mugsy27 said:

@EngrCyAlex said:

follow mo lang po format na to...

https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/content-files/2016-12/chronological_resume.pdf

Thank you po. 🙂

• ericson29ericson29 Posts: 11Member

good day community I would like to ask for help. I am looking for a reference CDR for Production engineer, this would really help me a lot . my email is [email protected]. thank you and have a good day

Hello po. How much po bayad kay EA pag fast track po? Cdr and rsea.

• ericson29ericson29 Posts: 11Member

hello po mga ka EE i would like to ask for your help and opinion, I am working as a Production Engineer for an Electrical Panel Manufacturing company here in the Philippines I am wondering which ANZCO code will I base my CDR if its for the Electrical Engineer (supervises the manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment, machines and systems for the generation, distribution, utilisation and control of electric power) or the Production Engineer ( which also covers the description o my present work). Which would be better and will have the better outcome

gaano po katagal yung assessment ng EA?