Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Engineers Australia Skills Assessment

Comments

• reyjhun061reyjhun061 Posts: 15Member

Hello po. Good day po sa inyong lahat. Newbie po ako dito and I need your advice po regarding immigrating to Australia. So here is my background po:

Education: BS Mechanical Engineer - 2011
    School: Cebu Institute of Technology-University
    Province: Cebu

I have 5 years plus of work experience as a Mechanical Engineer.

2012-2014 - Mechanical Project Engineer (Commercial Construction industry more on HVAC and Fire Protection) - 1 year and 9 months
    2014 - Mechanical Engineer (Industrial Construction) - 2 months
    2014-2017 - MEFPS Engineer (Residential and commecial construction industry more on HVAC, Fire Protection and Elevator system) - 3 years and 5 months
    2018- June 2019 - Went abroad to study a 1-year program
    September 2019- July 2020 - Working as a Piping drafter abroad
    August 2020 - Present - Currently unemployed

IELTS - L-8,R-9, W-6.5, S-7

I have read from this forum po na skill assessment is one of the requirements po. May mga tanong lang po ako regarding skill assessment.

1. Mag kakaroon po ba ako ng problema sa skills assessment ko po kung yong work experience ko po as a Mechanical Engineer was last 3 years pa?
    2. Pano po ba e check yong school ko is accredited under Washington, Sydney and Dublin?
    3. I have read dito sa forum na may CDR writing assistance po, on-going pa po ba ito? If on-going pa po baka pwede sumali.

Eto lang po muna mga tanong ko. I hope matulongan nyo po ako at ma enligthen. Thank you in advance po.

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator

@reyjhun061 said:
    Hello po. Good day po sa inyong lahat. Newbie po ako dito and I need your advice po regarding immigrating to Australia. So here is my background po:

2012-2014 - Mechanical Project Engineer (Commercial Construction industry more on HVAC and Fire Protection) - 1 year and 9 months
    2014-2017 - MEFPS Engineer (Residential and commecial construction industry more on HVAC, Fire Protection and Elevator system) - 3 years and 5 months

I have read from this forum po na skill assessment is one of the requirements po. May mga tanong lang po ako regarding skill assessment.

1. Mag kakaroon po ba ako ng problema sa skills assessment ko po kung yong work experience ko po as a Mechanical Engineer was last 3 years pa?
    2. Pano po ba e check yong school ko is accredited under Washington, Sydney and Dublin?
    3. I have read dito sa forum na may CDR writing assistance po, on-going pa po ba ito? If on-going pa po baka pwede sumali.

Eto lang po muna mga tanong ko. I hope matulongan nyo po ako at ma enligthen. Thank you in advance po.

1. Just to clarify, there are 2 assessments. One is the skills assessment which is based on your qualification. This is the required assessment to pass for migration purposes. No work experience is required for this one. Second one is the skilled employment assessment. With this one it’s about your work experience. This is optional but you’ll need this if claiming for points on work experience. They look as far back as experience in the last 10 years. Longer than this timeframe immigration won’t consider anymore. To answer your question, as long as the years you are claiming is within the last 10 years, it should be ok even if you’re not currently in that occupation.

2. There’s no accord for applicants udrcated in the Philippines unfortunately. All my clients educated in the Philippines have to write their CDR’s. This is the only way to do it.

3. Just make sure ikaw pa rin susulat ng CDR mo to avoid plagiarism issues. So far with clients we’ve had, we just let them write their CDRs and then we check their work based on the requirements ie have they answered the question, do they sound too vague on their answers, how would the work be see. From the assessor’s perspective?,etc....and wala pa naman kami nanenegative outcome so far. They all didn’t go through any writing assistance at all and they were able to pull through with their CDR’s. Honestly, if one is able to obtain an engineering degree, they should be able to write the CDR.

Hope that helps.

xiaoxuemarksolito

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@reyjhun061 said:

1. Just to clarify, there are 2 assessments. One is the skills assessment which is based on your qualification. This is the required assessment to pass for migration purposes. No work experience is required for this one. Second one is the skilled employment assessment. With this one it’s about your work experience. This is optional but you’ll need this if claiming for points on work experience. They look as far back as experience in the last 10 years. Longer than this timeframe immigration won’t consider anymore. To answer your question, as long as the years you are claiming is within the last 10 years, it should be ok even if you’re not currently in that occupation.

2. There’s no accord for applicants udrcated in the Philippines unfortunately. All my clients educated in the Philippines have to write their CDR’s. This is the only way to do it.

3. Just make sure ikaw pa rin susulat ng CDR mo to avoid plagiarism issues. So far with clients we’ve had, we just let them write their CDRs and then we check their work based on the requirements ie have they answered the question, do they sound too vague on their answers, how would the work be see. From the assessor’s perspective?,etc....and wala pa naman kami nanenegative outcome so far. They all didn’t go through any writing assistance at all and they were able to pull through with their CDR’s. Honestly, if one is able to obtain an engineering degree, they should be able to write the CDR.

Hope that helps.

@RheaMARN1171933 Maraming salamat po sa pagsagot ng mga tanong ko mam. Malaking tulong po talaga yong info na binigay nyo mam.

Regarding lang po sa assessment medyo nagugulohan lng po ako. Akala ko kasi isa lang po yong assessment. Anyway, yong skills assessment ko based on my qualification (engineering) po, saan ko po sya epa assess? Yong sa skilled employment assessment naman po, doon ko po yon esasubmit sa Engineering Australia tama po ba?

Yong sa CDR po, may form po sya sa Engineering Australia? Ang nakita ko lang po sa MSA booklet kasi is yong Summary Statement for Professional Engineers.

Pasensya na po maraming tanong, kakasimula ko lang po kasi mag gather ng info mam.

Maraming salamat po ulit mam @RheaMARN1171933

@reyjhun061 said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@reyjhun061 said:

Hope that helps.

@RheaMARN1171933 Maraming salamat po sa pagsagot ng mga tanong ko mam. Malaking tulong po talaga yong info na binigay nyo mam.

Regarding lang po sa assessment medyo nagugulohan lng po ako. Akala ko kasi isa lang po yong assessment. Anyway, yong skills assessment ko based on my qualification (engineering) po, saan ko po sya epa assess? Yong sa skilled employment assessment naman po, doon ko po yon esasubmit sa Engineering Australia tama po ba?

Yong sa CDR po, may form po sya sa Engineering Australia? Ang nakita ko lang po sa MSA booklet kasi is yong Summary Statement for Professional Engineers.

Pasensya na po maraming tanong, kakasimula ko lang po kasi mag gather ng info mam.

If you have the MSA booklet, everything is explained there - both assessments.

Good luck!

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@reyjhun061 said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@reyjhun061 said:

Hope that helps.

If you have the MSA booklet, everything is explained there - both assessments.

Good luck!

@RheaMARN1171933 Maraming salamat po. Naiintindihan ko na po lahat regarding sa skills assessment. I just need to start drafting it po.

• rogerjrrogerjr Posts: 36Member

@MumVeng said:
    Sa CV nyo po ang gamitin nyo ay kung ano ang official work title nyo-Cadet engineer. Pwede naman po ilagay sa details of the role na field/civil engineer kayo. Hindi po tayo ang gumagawa ng title natin.

Example CV entry
    Nov 2010 - Dec 2014 Cadet Engineer
    Company ABC, Quezon City, PH

** Job description**
    - worked as a field/site engineer for civil works..
    - in-charge of....
    -

Sa Career episode nyo po, your title is cadet engineer but your role is of a field or site engineer.

Example po ng case ko...
    Ang work title ko ay resident engineer. Eto po ang nasa ID ko and COE.
    But my role was I handled mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary, fire pro...so my role was an MEPFS engineer.

Dun lang po sa responsibilities kayo mag-kakaproblema if you're doing the RSEA. Kung possible po, kausapin nyo na lang si HR.

hi po, nag email po si EngineersAustralia about sa COE ko, then need pala nila is reference letter na with required certain data. Pwede po ba makahinge sample ng reference letter? TIA

• MumVengMumVeng NSW

@rogerjr said:

@MumVeng said:
    Sa CV nyo po ang gamitin nyo ay kung ano ang official work title nyo-Cadet engineer. Pwede naman po ilagay sa details of the role na field/civil engineer kayo. Hindi po tayo ang gumagawa ng title natin.

Example CV entry

** Job description**
    - in-charge of....
    -

Sa Career episode nyo po, your title is cadet engineer but your role is of a field or site engineer.

Example po ng case ko...
    But my role was I handled mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary, fire pro...so my role was an MEPFS engineer.

Dun lang po sa responsibilities kayo mag-kakaproblema if you're doing the RSEA. Kung possible po, kausapin nyo na lang si HR.

hi po, nag email po si EngineersAustralia about sa COE ko, then need pala nila is reference letter na with required certain data. Pwede po ba makahinge sample ng reference letter? TIA

@silverbullet maybe you can share your reference letter.

ANZCO 233311 ELECTRICAL ENGINEER

TOTAL POINTS: 55/60
    (Age:30 | Education: 15 | English: 10 (Preparing for PTE to get 20) | Experience: 0)

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@rogerjr said:

@MumVeng said:

Example CV entry

** Job description**
    - in-charge of....
    -

Example po ng case ko...

Marami po sample reference letter si Google. Any format will do as long as yung position/job description mo na noted sa CV is also noted in the reference letter. Yung reference letter from your supervisor or authorized person yung mag cconfirm na yung nilagay mo sa CV is correct.

MumVeng

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

• MumVengMumVeng NSW

@Jacraye said:

Marami po sample reference letter si Google. Any format will do as long as yung position/job description mo na noted sa CV is also noted in the reference letter. Yung reference letter from your supervisor or authorized person yung mag cconfirm na yung nilagay mo sa CV is correct.

And, don't forget the pay rate.
    Eto po ang mga necessary info.

Jacraye

(Age:30 | Education: 15 | English: 10 (Preparing for PTE to get 20) | Experience: 0)

• jammynessjammyness Posts: 100Member

@MumVeng said:

@jammyness said:

@cacophony said:

@jammyness said:
    Hello po mga sirs/ma'am. Sa mga gumamit po ng thesis nung college for Career Episode, saan niyo po inattach ung copy nung thesis? Ininclude niyo po ba mismo sa career episode file or may puede siya iupload sa portal for proof or evidence? or hinintay niyo po hingin nung assessor? Maraming salamat po

No need to attach the whole copy of your thesis. Just indicate all its highlights in one of your career episodes.

Hello sir @cacophony . Thank you sa response po. :) Nagback read kasi po ako dito sa thread and may instances na hiningi copy of thesis nila. So best to wait nalang po for the assessor kung magrerequest?

The assessor would not ask for it if the career episodes are written well. Tama po kayo, just send it when the assessor requests a copy.

Hello ma'am/sir @MumVeng and @cacophony . My results came out this morning and positive po as PE (ME). Thank you so much for responding sa inquiries ko. hehe. Godbless and more power!

Just wondering sa EOI if puede po magsubmit multiple EOI (same visa-190) in different states?

233512- Mechanical Engineer - SC189

• bpgamerslobbybpgamerslobby Clark

Hi, may case na po ba dito na nainvite even saktong 65 points langs? Thank you po. :)

• MumVengMumVeng NSW

@jammyness said:
    Hello ma'am/sir @MumVeng and @cacophony . My results came out this morning and positive po as PE (ME). Thank you so much for responding sa inquiries ko. hehe. Godbless and more power!

Just wondering sa EOI if puede po magsubmit multiple EOI (same visa-190) in different states?

Congrats po! Ilang weeks po bago lumabas assessment nyo? I know someone who submitted last Feb and got it early March.

• g_tevzg_tevz Posts: 2Member

Hi! CE here.. Planning to start skill assessment. Baka pwede mag ask ng sample cdr that i can use as reference. email add: [email protected]

• John316John316 Melbourne VIC

Hello,

Just want to ask, pwede ba ang undergrad project ( design of a 4-storey building RCD) as one of my career episodes? I have all the documents of my undergrad project which I can include (such as snapshots of the model of the structure) in the CDR.

Ps. Paano maglagay ng signature dito? Haha. I want to share my milestones din sana.

27.01.20 | Initial Entry in Aus (Temp visa)
    24.08.20 | Lodged EA MSA requirements
    19.10.20 | EA CO requested for more info
    20.10.20 | Confirmed and submitted info to EA
    22.10.20 | EA positive outcome with 5 yrs relevant experience. Praise God!
    01.12.20 | PTE-A Exam
    01.12.20 | PTE-A Exam Result (L90 R81 S90 W81 | OBS87)
    16.01.21 | EOI for 189/190 (80/85)
    15.03.21 | NAATI Exam
    24.03.21 | Partner lodged EA MSA requirements
    15.04.21 | EA: CO contacted wife to revise all career episode and summary statement to show more technical knowledges
    28.04.21 | Wife submitted updated career episodes and summary statement
    29.04.21 | Wife's EA positive outcome. God is good
    29.04.21 | EOI for 189/190 (85/90)
    03.05.21 | NAATI positive outcome. Thank you, Lord.
    03.05.21 | EOI for 189/190 (90/95)
    *Currently waiting for invite

"God Never Disappoints"

• MumVengMumVeng NSW

@bpgamerslobby said:
    Hi, may case na po ba dito na nainvite even saktong 65 points langs? Thank you po. :)

I think that's too low. To give you an idea, the last engineer I saw invited had 95 points. Onshore, Civil Engineer, India, Feb 21.

• jammynessjammyness Posts: 100Member

@MumVeng said:

@jammyness said:

Congrats po! Ilang weeks po bago lumabas assessment nyo? I know someone who submitted last Feb and got it early March.

around 2 weeks po. Naglodge ako last week of Feb po hehe.

233512- Mechanical Engineer - SC189

• MumVengMumVeng NSW

Ambilis po ngayon no? That's awesome! Congrats po uli.

• Ed510Ed510 Quezon City

Question po:
    May assessment na po ako sa Engineers Australia last year. Ang concern ko is how many years po ba valid ang assessment results?
    If kung expire na, need po ba ulit mag submit sa EngineersAustralia?

ANZSCO 233411 (Electronics Engineer)
    Age:25, English Test:10, Qualification:15, Experience:15, Partner English:0, FS:0 |total: 65
    Visa 190: 70 points, Visa 491: 80 points

00-Sep-12 - Applied for Australian Student Visa denied.
    00-Apr-15 - IELTS (L6.5, R6.5, W6, S7) overall 6.5
    00-Jun -15 - NZQA level 6, wife's is level 5. Cannot proceed to New Zealand migration.
    15-Jul -19 - signed contract with an agency for Australia GSM
    10-Sep-19 - 1st PTE Result ( L65, R58, S70, W77), disappointed with points
    19-Nov-20 - Submitted EA Assessment
    11-Feb-20 - 2nd PTE Result ( L78, R71, S90, W74)
    19-Mar-20 - EA Positive Assessment : Thank you Lord!
    03-Apr -20 - Submit EOI (Visa 190/491: 70/80 pts)
    01-Jun -20 - Partner is taking the IELTS Review
    **-***-20 - Partner English Test
    **-***-20 - Australian Immigration closed for offshore application.

19-Sept-20-Apply for Australian Student Visa [Approved]
    02-Nov-20 - CoE from the College
    19-Dec-20 - Lodge Student Visa application
    14-Jan- 21 - Medical Examination
    17-Feb-21 - Health Undertaking
    24-Feb-21 - Student Visa Approved
    ---------------- To God be the Glory
    **-***-21- Waiting for Australian boarders to open

• anicaanica Ksa

Hello po mga engineers.. tanong ko lang maganda bang mag pa member din sa Engineers Australia (EA) after mo makakuha ng positive outcome assessment nila? ano ang mga benefits? Pros and cons? Need ba eto sa paghahanap ng job sa Australia? Salamat po sa sasagot

263311 Telecommunications Engineer | 189 | Age: 30 pts | English 10 pts | Education: 15 pts | Experience: 15 pts | Partner: 5 pts
    02/14/18 - PTE exam (1st take): L57 R63 S60 W70 -competent
    12/05/20 - PTE exam (2nd take): L80 R66 S70 W77 -proficient
    12/13/20 - EA standard MSA-CDR submitted
    12/22/20 - EA MSA outcome
    03/08/21 - Submitted EOI (75/80/90 pts for visa 189/190/491)

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@anica said:
    Hello po mga engineers.. tanong ko lang maganda bang mag pa member din sa Engineers Australia (EA) after mo makakuha ng positive outcome assessment nila? ano ang mga benefits? Pros and cons? Need ba eto sa paghahanap ng job sa Australia? Salamat po sa sasagot

Generally it will be an advantage but not really a requirement. Your, chances of landing a job here in AU will depend on your skill sets, experience and knowledge of the position you are applying for.

@anica said:

To be honest, you’re better off concentrating on your visa application. They would tend to favour local experience over EA membership. Save your money on the membership na Lang muna. First job, just grab whatever you could get just to get your foot in the door. Then after a year or two you can change jobs (higher salary), by then you’ll be able to assess whether being a member of EA will be beneficial to you. Like what was mentioned above it’s more the skill sets you’ve got and what you can bring in to the company.

• anicaanica Ksa

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@anica said:

To be honest, you’re better off concentrating on your visa application. They would tend to favour local experience over EA membership. Save your money on the membership na Lang muna. First job, just grab whatever you could get just to get your foot in the door. Then after a year or two you can change jobs (higher salary), by then you’ll be able to assess whether being a member of EA will be beneficial to you. Like what was mentioned above it’s more the skill sets you’ve got and what you can bring in to the company.

Maraming salamat po sa comments nio RheaMARN1171933 at @Jacraye. So stick to focusing local exp at skill set muna.

Offshore po ako may mga nagsponsor ba kaht overseas ka o dapat asa aus ka po?

263311 Telecommunications Engineer | 189 | Age: 30 pts | English 10 pts | Education: 15 pts | Experience: 15 pts | Partner: 5 pts
    02/14/18 - PTE exam (1st take): L57 R63 S60 W70 -competent
    12/05/20 - PTE exam (2nd take): L80 R66 S70 W77 -proficient
    12/13/20 - EA standard MSA-CDR submitted
    12/22/20 - EA MSA outcome
    03/08/21 - Submitted EOI (75/80/90 pts for visa 189/190/491)

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@anica said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@anica said:

Maraming salamat po sa comments nio RheaMARN1171933 at @Jacraye. So stick to focusing local exp at skill set muna.

It is possible to have sponsorship off-shore but the chances are very slim and will also depend on the demand of your practice.

@anica said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@anica said:

Local experience means Australian experience FYI

To be perfectly honest, I’ll just use my husband as an example who’s an engineer as well (German educated) and has had local experience (meaning Australian experience plus German and UK experience). There was a time when we thought of moving back to Australia so he had recruiters/employers lined up for interview. Though a lot were interested with what he could bring in for the company - given that he’s also an Australian citizen meant that there is no visa issue his end....most of the employers want to finalise the recruitment process when we’re back in Australia.

Hope that gives you an idea of the chances. Like I mentioned, just focus on the visa for now. I think you’re jumping way ahead of the process. If you start worrying about work now you’re just giving yourself unnecessary stress.

MumVeng
  • joboumalijoboumali Posts: 43Member

@tigerlance said:
    Inquire ko lang po. dun sa portion na add additional employment records.
    Dito po ba ilalagay yung payslip? (Paano ito didiskartehan kung more than 120 pages ito)
    bank statement of account records? 60 pages po ito
    bir 2307 - 11 pages
    provident fund contribution - 2 pages
    sss contribution? - 2 pages

Considering na malaki ang files ni payslip and bank statement sakop po ba statement na "Files should not be larger than 5MB with a maximum file size allowed of 10MB"

Hi @tigerlance ask ko lang, pede ang 2307 as payment evidence? meron kasing year ako na ndi ko maretrieve ung payslip :(

• datinidatini Posts: 31Member

Good day po sa lahat. My husband just got his EA assessment as a civil engineer. My question is, what are the steps to get your registration as an engineer here in Australia? TIA.

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@datini said:
    Good day po sa lahat. My husband just got his EA assessment as a civil engineer. My question is, what are the steps to get your registration as an engineer here in Australia? TIA.

there are 2 types of assessment. membership and migration assessment. which assessment did your husband take?

• John316John316 Melbourne VIC

Does anyone know the recent turnover time for the EA MSA fast track result?
    Planning to submit mine by the end of the week and hoping to get the results by next fortnight.
    Hinahabol ko lang yung next invitation round for 189 which I reckon will be on 3rd week of April. :)

Rizza

27.01.20 | Initial Entry in Aus (Temp visa)
    24.08.20 | Lodged EA MSA requirements
    19.10.20 | EA CO requested for more info
    20.10.20 | Confirmed and submitted info to EA
    22.10.20 | EA positive outcome with 5 yrs relevant experience. Praise God!
    01.12.20 | PTE-A Exam
    01.12.20 | PTE-A Exam Result (L90 R81 S90 W81 | OBS87)
    16.01.21 | EOI for 189/190 (80/85)
    15.03.21 | NAATI Exam
    24.03.21 | Partner lodged EA MSA requirements
    15.04.21 | EA: CO contacted wife to revise all career episode and summary statement to show more technical knowledges
    28.04.21 | Wife submitted updated career episodes and summary statement
    29.04.21 | Wife's EA positive outcome. God is good
    29.04.21 | EOI for 189/190 (85/90)
    03.05.21 | NAATI positive outcome. Thank you, Lord.
    03.05.21 | EOI for 189/190 (90/95)
    *Currently waiting for invite

"God Never Disappoints"

• rogerjrrogerjr Posts: 36Member

@MumVeng said:

@Jacraye said:

And, don't forget the pay rate.
    Eto po ang mga necessary info.

Ano pong specific data needed if yung SSS yung secondary docs ko? TIA!

• ScofieldScofield Posts: 33Member

Thank you sa thread na to!! Got my outcome letter today and thank God it is positive!!

Timeline:

-CDR write-up took almost 3 months (lagi akong stuck so tinitigilan ko muna then balik lang din agad)
    -CDR completed along with other documentation requirements.
    -Applied Standard MSA, No RSEA, Not on the fast track (gusto ko makatipid as much as possible). Status: Awaiting Assessment
    -After 10 days, I received a company bonus. I decided to avail the fast track. Paid using my credit card.
    -Status changed to "Assessment In Progress" last Mar 15.
    -Received outcome letter today, Mar 22.

EOI na!!

xiaoxueSottyliciousRizzaaeroph