Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Skilled–Designated Area sponsored (Provisional)(Class UZ)Subclass 496 - Skilled–Designated Area

Comments

• ShirlieShirlie Indianapolis
    @axln,
    Hhhmmm, seems depende nga sa company ah. Ung sakin nakalagay only six weeks upon arrival. May mga nominated din sila agency na mag check e.

Rgds,
  • axlnaxln Melbourne
    @Shirlie ah ok. So far di pa naman ako nagka prob sa 100 points id. Thank God I passed the driving test this afternoon. Bawas sa iniisip, dagdag qualification and completo na 100 points. :D
    congrats axln! yup dagdag na sa ID points yan at makakagala kana ng todo hahah.

hi guys/gals,
    just want to ask if catholic din kayo? kasi bukas sa st patrick cathedral ang mass ni cardinal tagle. me and my hubby will attend, wala lang baka may pupunta din sanyo kita kits tayo :-)

thanks and happy monday satin!

cheers,
  • jvframosjvframos Perth
    hello po mga fellow regional sponsored visa holders, may gusto lang po sana akong itananong with the hope that someone from this forum can enlighten me with our situation.

We went for our initial entry last June 21 and we temporarily stayed in my friend's house then later moved to Mandurah where we found our rented house. Me and my son stayed there 'til July 13 and came back here in Dubai to work while my husband and my daughter stayed in Australia which is part of our arrangement that one of us should stay and the other continue to work in Dubai. Since I am the one with a more stable job here in Dubai, although I am the primary applicant, he opted to stay back.

Prior to our entry, we have been applying for jobs via email and walk-in applications but to no avail we haven't found one for him. No calls, no interviews and all rejection letters. But we still continue to apply for his jobs as I myself had been sending applications on his behalf. We were actually starting to lose hope because slowly, our savings is starting to be drained since we are paying for the house rent, utility bills, food, etc.

But one day last week, one company called my husband for an interview. He already had attended 2 interviews and was offered a full time job and to undergo training for few days. If accepted, he can start on sunday this coming week. The catch is, the company is based in Perth.

Our dilemma now is, if he is successful to get the job, can he take the offer knowing that the company is in Perth which is outside the regional area coverage? I know that we need to stay in one of the regional area for at least 2 years and work at least 1 year. Question is, should it commence immediately on our first year of our initial stay? We are given 4 years visa validity and within that 4 years while we haven't applied for PR visa, are we required not to leave the regional area only until the approval of the PR visa?

The condition is quite broad, and we are thinking if my husband can temporarily work in Perth while he is still looking for work in the regional area so we can sustain our stay there. And we are planning that if the time comes that we need to apply for visa 887, we will just exclude that period from our application and include only the official 2 years live and 1 year work requirement. We are quite worried with this, so we really need your advise.

Feb 2013 - Started collecting Vetassess requirements; March 29, 2013 - Lodged for Vetassess skills assessment; June 8, 2013 - took IELTS (BC, UAE); June 14, 2013 - received VETASSESS positive skills assessment; June 21, 2013 - got ielts results OBS 7.0 (l-7.5, r-7, w-7, s-7); June 24, 2013 - submitted EOI; June 27, 2013 - submitted WA state sponsorship application; July 03, 2013 - WA state sponsorship application approved; July 05, 2013 - received from DIAC invitation to lodge; July 14, 2013 - lodge visa application; August 13, 2013 - CO allocated, Team 7 GSM Adelaide; August 20, 2013 - submitted Form 80, NBI, PCC, bank statements for me, hubby and daughter and additional docs for hubby in lieu of Saudi PCC (statutory declaration, exit visa and end of service contract); August 22, 2013 - Medical check done; August 26, 2013 - uploaded hubby's Saudi PCC.... finally!; Sept 27, 2013 - visa grant daw but unofficial, hindi namin alam granted na pala.... long story…; Oct 10, 2013 - when we learned that our case was granted but no official confirmation.; Oct 11, 2013 - Official VISA Grant! Finally!!!! Thank God. End of the 1st journey, start of the new beginning; July 10, 2014 - IED

You may not always understand why God allows certain things to happen, but you can be certain that God is not making any mistakes.

Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight

• rolly04rolly04 Bundoora
    @jvframos please check your visa conditions. like in my case, nakaindicate sa visa grant letter that i can only live, study and work in designated areas. baka kasi later pag lumipat ka na sa regional area after mo magwork sa nonregional area, kahit pa masatisfy mo conditions for PR, eh kung makita nila na u violated the visa conditions, baka they will take it against u. so better check first if there are conditions in your visa grant letter.

CPA (Australia)
    Chartered Accountant (Singapore)
    CPA (Philippines)

@jvframos,
    Agree with rolly, sa visa natin dapat within designated area lang tayo.

Question lng, ung company ba nag check na ng hawak nating visa? Kasi bago sila mag offer sa employee may verification sila ng visa natin. Unless I sponsor si hubby mo nung company.

Rgds,
  • jvframosjvframos Perth
    thanks sa response @rolly04 and @shirlie.

I also got a response from my agent and was told that it was against the restrictions of our visa and this might jeopardize our future PR application. Worth checking though before we make any stupid mistake like dun sa couple sa link na binigay ni rolly04.

its better be careful than to be sorry later. so job hunt ulet and pray hard na sana magkawork na to sustain yung finances. I think this is the part na hindi namin masyado naforesee but sabi ko nga sa asawa ko na since may nakapansin ng CV nya sa Perth, that means na ok naman CV nya, siguro lang wala lang talaga masyado work sa regional area kung nasan kami. at the moment talagang nakikita naming na halos nasa perth yung work na related sa field naming. It's just that we really have to be strong para matapos yung 2 years ditto.

musta na kayo, may mga work na kayo di ba? sana kami din magkaron na para sa mga bata :-)

Feb 2013 - Started collecting Vetassess requirements; March 29, 2013 - Lodged for Vetassess skills assessment; June 8, 2013 - took IELTS (BC, UAE); June 14, 2013 - received VETASSESS positive skills assessment; June 21, 2013 - got ielts results OBS 7.0 (l-7.5, r-7, w-7, s-7); June 24, 2013 - submitted EOI; June 27, 2013 - submitted WA state sponsorship application; July 03, 2013 - WA state sponsorship application approved; July 05, 2013 - received from DIAC invitation to lodge; July 14, 2013 - lodge visa application; August 13, 2013 - CO allocated, Team 7 GSM Adelaide; August 20, 2013 - submitted Form 80, NBI, PCC, bank statements for me, hubby and daughter and additional docs for hubby in lieu of Saudi PCC (statutory declaration, exit visa and end of service contract); August 22, 2013 - Medical check done; August 26, 2013 - uploaded hubby's Saudi PCC.... finally!; Sept 27, 2013 - visa grant daw but unofficial, hindi namin alam granted na pala.... long story…; Oct 10, 2013 - when we learned that our case was granted but no official confirmation.; Oct 11, 2013 - Official VISA Grant! Finally!!!! Thank God. End of the 1st journey, start of the new beginning; July 10, 2014 - IED

You may not always understand why God allows certain things to happen, but you can be certain that God is not making any mistakes.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight

@jvframos,
    Alam naman natin na provisional visa tayi so better na I follow ang nakasaad sa visa.

After 4 mos of job hunting, sa monday start nako ng work. In my case sa same field ko ako makakabalik. Nasa west side nga lng ako and sa east naman ung company. Finding a room to rent ang pinag kaka susyhan ko now :-)

Advise ko lng, as per experienced. internal networking is the best para sureball ang CV pasok s HR ng company:-)

Cheers,
  • axlnaxln Melbourne
    @Shirlie wow congrats! Sana kami din makahanap na ng work.
  • jvframosjvframos Perth
    @Shirlie oo nga sis. by the way, san ka ba nakabased na state?

• athenalady14athenalady14 Sydney
    @Shirlie: congrats sis! baka may opening pa dyan..refer mo rin kmi..hehe..
  • hard2handlehard2handle Melbourne
    @Shirlie Congrats! matanong ko nga pala, nabanggit mo na sa St. Albans na kyo nakatira? nagrent kayo dun? naghahanap kasi ako ng bahay, kaso mahal dito sa CS kaya target ko deerpark, ardeer or sunshine west.
    @axln,
    Thanks! Nasungkit din heheh.

@jvframos,
    Thanks! Andito kami sa west side ng Melbourne. Tabi tabi lang kami ng ating ka 496ers.
    @athenalady14,
    Thanks! Malaan s monday kung may mga job opening pa sila. Last time nai offer sakin oracle administrator IT field. Advise ko kayo dito.
    @hard2handle,
    Thanks! Sa st albans naman now. Dati derrimut. Dito sa haus na ni re rent ng isa ko pa sister in law. Sa dyaryo lng nila nakita ang mga for rent. Tapos eto kamo 800 lng sila a month. Ung may ari kabayan din, gusto lng may nakatira dito sa house nya. Malapit kami s ginifer station kaya hindi mahirap if going city. Bago kasi yang CS kaya mahal talaga. Kung ardeer or deerpark may vline pwede din kayo.
    Search ka s dyaryo at tanong tanong s kabayan para makamura. Meron din pala na mga rent to own kaya consider nyo din un :-)

Cheers,
  • axlnaxln Melbourne
    @Shirlie ayos yan rent to own. Sa anong newspaper yan?
    @axln,
    Naku nakwento lang yan dati ng sis in law ko. Maghahanap nga kami kung san may ganyang term.
    Fellow 496ers, saan kayo kumuha ng health insurance nyo?

CPA (Australia)
    CPA (Philippines)

@rolly04,
    Bupa plus kami ng family ko. Aud238.51 monthly.

Rgds,
    yup @rolly04 Bupa din kme aud190+/mo for family of three.

@Shirlie kahapon tumingin kme sa sunshine west ng bahay para malapit sa work. mas mura nga dun pati mga nabanggit mo. kumusta first day?
    @hard2handle,
    I google mo na din kung anong place ang mataas crime rate para mai consider.
    Bukas palang day1 ko :-) goodluck to me heheh

Rgds,
    Thanks @Shirlie and @hard2handle nag-sign up na rin ako sa BUPA just now.

CPA (Australia)
    CPA (Philippines)

@rolly04 mag-inquire ka rin and mag-haggle.hehe.. ginawa ko yun sa car insurance kya I am paying $49/mo sa Youi car insurance. Nung una kasi mga binibigay saken na quote more than Aud100 a month e.

@Shirlie yup nag google. Kung saan mura ang rent doon mataas crime rate..hehe.
    496ers, ano advantage kapag nag salary sacrifice bukod s superannuation?
    Thnx,
    @Shirlie bababa din ang tax mo.

I have question also. Nakalagay kasi sa visa natin na we must work sa designated areas. Pero hindi specific na sinasabing dapat sa same state ng sponsor mo. For example, Victoria and sponsor mo. Pwede bang magwork sa Adelaide which is also a designated area?

May nabasa kasi akong site ng isang migration agent na dapat same state ng sponsor mo ka dapat magwork.

I'm considering kasi lumipat ng work sa Adelaide, kasi may gustong maghire sa akin dun.

CPA (Australia)
    CPA (Philippines)

Hi rolly04,
    D muna ako nag salary sacrifice...

Re your questions, tama ka was lang sa exceptions na state. Eto ung stated sa VEVO:

Visa condition(s)
    8549 - While the visa holder is in Australia, the visa holder must live, study and work only in a designated area of Australia. This means anywhere in Australia except in:
    • Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong in New South Wales
    • Brisbane metropolitan area in Queensland.

Goodluck! Galing ah... ikaw padin may final decision heheh. Pero sabi nila most livable padin ang Melbourne ;-)

Cheers,
    @Shirlie nagcheck ako sa VEVO ko, 8549 din nakalagay na conditions. Di ba wala namang nakalagay na dapat sa same state sa sponsor mo? Pagkakaintindi ko, basta kahit saang designated areas.

Syempre, preferred ko pa din Melbourne kasi nandito dalawa kong kapatid.

CPA (Australia)
    CPA (Philippines)

• axlnaxln Melbourne
    496ers, nagreremit ba kyo ng money sa Pinas? Ma suggest ko yung forex world. 2-3hours credited na tapos $8 lng yung charge less sa ireremit. Meron bang mas-ok?
    @rolly04,
    Tama naman walang nabanggit n same s nagssponsored satin.

@axln,
    Wala pako experience sa pag remit. Sige nga, need your input. ;-)

Rgds,

• axlnaxln Melbourne
    @Shirlie yung Forex World Australia na try ko. Bank deposit lang nung amount for remittance then itatawag mo sa hotline nila then they will credit to the nominated account sa pinas like bpi, bdo etc. Normally, 2-3 hours lang credited na sa account sa pinas. You need to register first in-order for you to send money then pag may record na madali na. Lalo na if you have nab, westpac or st. George account, bank transfer lang.