Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Filipino Teachers in Australia

Comments

• wynxwynx Melbourne
    @CCruz112 congrats sa IELTS. ano pala ang nominated occupation mo?

03 Dec 2011 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 8.0 OBS: 8.0)
    08 Apr 2012 - Submitted docs to ICAA
    28 May 2012 – Submitted additional docs to ICAA
    26 Jun 2012 – Received Positive Skills Assessment from ICAA
    01 Jul 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 60 pts
    16 Nov 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    27 Nov 2012 – Lodge 189 Visa Application
    19 Dec 2012 – CO Assigned; Team 6 – Adelaide
    24 Dec 2012 – Medical Examination
    04 Jan 2013 - Medical Received
    08 Jan 2013 - Submitted Saudi PCC and NBI Clearance
    09 Jan 2013 - Visa Granted (IED: 24/12/2013)

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    edited February 2013
    Hello long time no see;) been busy..my daughter is back na kasi and we found a school for her na after 6 months on the waiting lists!! For teachers wishing to come to au, a word of caution, no matter how many years experience you have back home and no matter if you've had your papers assessed and ielts passed there is a huge chance you will not find work still.

My brother in law is aussie and a teacher here in oz for years and he does not know a single pinoy teacher and he lives sa western sydney where the pinoy communities are found pero it is super rare to find a filipino teacher even in areas like blacktown.
    My brother in law says getting a teaching job is cut thoat.. Private schools have very high standards and since parents pay as much as 5000-10000 aud per year per child most likely they will not even consider hiring foreigners wherein english is a second language. Public schools also have tight funds and teachers that work there rarely give up their jobs as govt schools offer good benefits and tenure hence not much job vacancy.

Also i have been searching for schools for my daughter for the first few months when we moved here from nz.. Even in preschool around 20 or so schools i have visited in our area, not a single non-white teacher kahit indian man lng wala dito sa eastern sydney.

I have come to the conclusion, that oz schools with their talk of diversity and fairness still prefer to hire their own to teach their kids.

Just a thought based lng on observation as a parent with a school age child and an aussie brother in law who is a teacher.
  • lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    edited February 2013
    @li_i_ren - wow.. welcome back po...

what about teaching assistant or aide? meron po bang mga ganyang position sa schools?
    in case hindi man makahanap ng full teaching job..

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

• wynxwynx Melbourne
    @li_i_ren nakakalungkot naman yan for teachers na may balak mag migrate din sa OZ. Anyways, meron po b kau alam na option for them. i mean altenative para makapag migrate pa rin cla.

thanks.

@li_i_ren nakakalungkot naman yan for teachers na may balak mag migrate din sa OZ. Anyways, meron po b kau alam na option for them. i mean altenative para makapag migrate pa rin cla.

thanks.
    @wynx - i think okay pa rin naman silang mag migrate... i believe @li_i_ren 's point is, mahirap ang makakuha ng teaching positions..

the first objective is of course to get an assessment/ielts and then visa...

pag may visa na at nasa AU na.. they can do whatever they want...
    kung makahanap ng related work, ayos...swerte.. k
    ung hindi, i would say go back to school.. learn something new, upgrade their skills..

;)

Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)

• wynxwynx Melbourne
    @lock_code2004
    sabagay pwede naman cla mag switch sa other field kapag nakapunta na sila dun. ang importante they are still capable of migrating. ;) thanks

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    Hello long time no see;) been busy..my daughter is back na kasi and we found a school for her na after 6 months on the waiting lists!! For teachers wishing to come to au, a word of caution, no matter how many years experience you have back home and no matter if you've had your papers assessed and ielts passed there is a huge chance you will not find work still.

My brother in law is aussie and a teacher here in oz for years and he does not know a single pinoy teacher and he lives sa western sydney where the pinoy communities are found pero it is super rare to find a filipino teacher even in areas like blacktown.
    My brother in law says getting a teaching job is cut thoat.. Private schools have very high standards and since parents pay as much as 5000-10000 aud per year per child most likely they will not even consider hiring foreigners wherein english is a second language. Public schools also have tight funds and teachers that work there rarely give up their jobs as govt schools offer good benefits and tenure hence not much job vacancy.

Also i have been searching for schools for my daughter for the first few months when we moved here from nz.. Even in preschool around 20 or so schools i have visited in our area, not a single non-white teacher kahit indian man lng wala dito sa eastern sydney.

I have come to the conclusion, that oz schools with their talk of diversity and fairness still prefer to hire their own to teach their kids.

Just a thought based lng on observation as a parent with a school age child and an aussie brother in law who is a teacher.
    ito lang masasabi ko:

Yung english po natin ay iba more on american english at kahit nag teacher po sa ibang bansa mahihirapahan po maka pasok kasi di po nila minsan maintindihan ang accent ng english natin. Kailangan po ozzie english accent para mas lalo maintindihan nila. Cheers

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• dnoblecdnoblec Quezon City
    kung mahina ang chance ng mga teachers sa Australia, ano pa kaya ang ibang option?

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    They work whatever jobs they can get and they go back to school here. I know a pinay who is studying for early education. But take note her husband is a full time nurse here also. She is a high school teacher in pinas for math but even after assessment and etc she couldnt find a job for a year.

So currently working in a supermarket and studying for early childhood education apparently her degree sa pinas in not recognized.

I dont know the specifics of her situation but thats the short story.
  • ljustljust Sydney
    Hello! I have a question lang. Unlike you guys kasi, I am already here with a student visa taking up a VET course in some college.

I am a preschool teacher. I taught in Manila for 2yrs and then in SG for a year. I'm also a graduate of Early Childhood Education. When I first arrived here, I applied for casual childcare work sa mga agencies. So I have a few months experience na with childcare here. Pero casual teaching is not a regular job kasi so I only get around 2 shifts a week when I'm very lucky. Usually, wala pa. So I decided to just drop the casual teaching job and look for a different job. Now, I'm a Barista but I still accept some casual teaching when I'm available.

I have had my degree assessed by NOOSR, and the result is that my degree is equivalent to an Australian Degree. Ngayon, my situation is AITSL refuses to assess my ECE degree because they said na I'm already here anyway. They asked me to get the assessment from ACECQA (Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority) which I haven't done yet because I don't have time. Basically, every ECE or childcare teacher needs to be assessed by ACECQA first. Now, I'm just wondering will there be a chance that if ever my ECE degree is equivalent to at least a cert 3 or diploma in children's services, will be able to find an employer who will sponsor me? Or that's highly unlikely? The rules are changing nadin kasi in 2014, all childcare workers should have at least a cert 3. Eh I don't want to study education na talaga. If possible nga, I really don't want to teach children anymore. Pero I want to stay here for good. So yun, what do I need to do? Do I need to apply for other types of visa nalang at this moment?
  • wynxwynx Melbourne
    @IJG
    http://www.aitsl.edu.au/assessment-for-migration/applying-for-an-assessment.html

check mo po yan kasi sila ung Assessing Authority for teachers. Baka po nandyan ung mga sagot sa questions mo

:)

• RedDragonRedDragon North Ryde
    @beaj
    Hello! I have a question lang. Unlike you guys kasi, I am already here with a student visa taking up a VET course in some college.

I am a preschool teacher. I taught in Manila for 2yrs and then in SG for a year. I'm also a graduate of Early Childhood Education. When I first arrived here, I applied for casual childcare work sa mga agencies. So I have a few months experience na with childcare here. Pero casual teaching is not a regular job kasi so I only get around 2 shifts a week when I'm very lucky. Usually, wala pa. So I decided to just drop the casual teaching job and look for a different job. Now, I'm a Barista but I still accept some casual teaching when I'm available.

I have had my degree assessed by NOOSR, and the result is that my degree is equivalent to an Australian Degree. Ngayon, my situation is AITSL refuses to assess my ECE degree because they said na I'm already here anyway. They asked me to get the assessment from ACECQA (Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority) which I haven't done yet because I don't have time. Basically, every ECE or childcare teacher needs to be assessed by ACECQA first. Now, I'm just wondering will there be a chance that if ever my ECE degree is equivalent to at least a cert 3 or diploma in children's services, will be able to find an employer who will sponsor me? Or that's highly unlikely? The rules are changing nadin kasi in 2014, all childcare workers should have at least a cert 3. Eh I don't want to study education na talaga. If possible nga, I really don't want to teach children anymore. Pero I want to stay here for good. So yun, what do I need to do? Do I need to apply for other types of visa nalang at this moment?
    Hi beaj

Go to your local TAFE or university and try the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Pathway under Departmet of Education. Since your degree has been assessed by the NOOSR positively, try to submit your documents to Overseas Qualifications Unit (OQU) as this will be your ticket to enrol in any uni or TAFE since you are here in OZ.

RPL credits your work experience and/or any experience related to your career regarless how and where you gained them. So instead of taking Cert III - as comparable to Australian Degree Holder like you are, i reckon you should do or take higher studies like Diploma or degree than that. You could even be credited to most of the subjects in CERT III of IV. I'm still in the process of doing this and will continue once my bub is a bit older.

I have positive assessment from VETASSES based on my educational qalification as comparable to Australian degree. I submitted my documents to OQU as well and gained the same result. I graduated BS industrial in manila and took 18 units of educ. I passed the PRC licensure exam for secondary teacher and had work experience mostly with foreign students learning english during vacation and holiday programs.

i hope you and i can both pursue and pass the RPL. :-)
  • jhiela23jhiela23 Vienna
    Hi to all , since my husband is very busy , I am decided to take the step of applying though may set back kasi ako after 9 years teaching ko sa Pilipinas pagdating dito sa US naging housewife na ko kasi dahil sa dependent visa ako for 6 yrs. Will this be a hindrance for me to apply kasi may gap na ang work expereince ko? Yun lang ang una kong worry aside taking the IELTS...
    @jhiela23 - in case walang sumagot sa inyo na teacher tlaga sa AU....
    please check with your assessing authority.. for sure meron yan info sa website nila..

kasi mostly sa mga ibang assessing authority eto po ang guidelines..
    - they will assess skills based on work experience from the last 5 years
    - and for points system, they will assess only for the last 10 yrs..

Thanks @ lock_code2004
    @ianne27 Hello, may nagsabi sa akin na mas madali magpa-assess kung ang school mo ay nasa rank 1 base on Australian ranking. Hope you don't mind asking kung nasa rank 1,2 or 3 ba yung school mo? Ours kasi nasa rank 2 and 3, so medyo nag-iisip ako if we still have the chance... Thanks sa mga mag rereply..God Bless!
  • ianne27ianne27 Melbourne
    hi @jhiela23! no worries, school ranking doesn't affect ung decision ng AITSL as long as all the subjects needed or they re looking for present sa TOR mo - DLSU-Dasma is rank 2 - nabigay naman certif ko last Dec. Siguro may advantage ung Rank 1 but still they scrutinize your TOR. I know someone, kasama ko sa agency, hindi nabigyan ng AITSL certif ksi wala ung ibang subjects na needed sa TOR niya.

SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER Anzsco Code 241411 = May 12, 2012 - IELTS Exam / May 25, 2012 - IELTS result -PASSED / Sept. 18, 2012 - Submitted Skills Assessment @ AITSL / Sept. 20, 2012 - Acknowledgment from AITSL /Dec. 11, 2012 - AITSL Result - Assessment Completed / Dec. 27, 2012 - AITSL Certificate received = SUITABLE or POSITIVE ASSESSMENT / Jan. 04, 2013 - Created EOI with 70 pts. / Jan.07, 2013 - Invited by DIAC for VISA 189 (First EOI) / March 13, 2013 - Created EOI with 65 pts. /March 18, 2013- Invited by DIAC for VISA 189 (Second EOI) Thank GOD for another chance ;-)
    May 02, 2013 - Lodged Visa 189 - finally
    May 03, 2013 - PCC uploaded
    May 16, 2013 - Completed Med. Exam @ St. Luke's
    May 18, 2013 - Allocated CO - Team 31 GSM Brisbane, CO VL
    May 25, 2013- Submitted Form 80 and other docs requested
    May 28, 2013 - St. Luke's uploaded our med. results
    June 12, 2013 - Submitted Form 815 (requested, June 10)
    June 13, 2013 - Visa Grant (Thank you Lord!)
    Sept. 11, 2013 - See yah Melbourne, Australia

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." - Jeremiah 29:11-12

Hi @ianne27 .. Congratulations!
  • ianne27ianne27 Melbourne
    hi @jhiela23 Thank you sis - Nga pala, how's your application sa aitsl? natuloy ba? apply na agad - kasi every year may changes sa DIAC... you can do it :)>-

SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER Anzsco Code 241411 = May 12, 2012 - IELTS Exam / May 25, 2012 - IELTS result -PASSED / Sept. 18, 2012 - Submitted Skills Assessment @ AITSL / Sept. 20, 2012 - Acknowledgment from AITSL /Dec. 11, 2012 - AITSL Result - Assessment Completed / Dec. 27, 2012 - AITSL Certificate received = SUITABLE or POSITIVE ASSESSMENT / Jan. 04, 2013 - Created EOI with 70 pts. / Jan.07, 2013 - Invited by DIAC for VISA 189 (First EOI) / March 13, 2013 - Created EOI with 65 pts. /March 18, 2013- Invited by DIAC for VISA 189 (Second EOI) Thank GOD for another chance ;-)
    May 02, 2013 - Lodged Visa 189 - finally
    May 03, 2013 - PCC uploaded
    May 16, 2013 - Completed Med. Exam @ St. Luke's
    May 18, 2013 - Allocated CO - Team 31 GSM Brisbane, CO VL
    May 25, 2013- Submitted Form 80 and other docs requested
    May 28, 2013 - St. Luke's uploaded our med. results
    June 12, 2013 - Submitted Form 815 (requested, June 10)
    June 13, 2013 - Visa Grant (Thank you Lord!)
    Sept. 11, 2013 - See yah Melbourne, Australia

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." - Jeremiah 29:11-12

• R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    hi guys, fellow teachers...im back..musta na kau? sino ang nakapunta na sa australia? anyone who could share their experiences from a teacher's journey in OZ? Im energized again to retake my ielts...:)

Nov 1, 2012- IELTS Mock Test (L-7.5, S-8, W-7, R-5)
    Nov 3, 2012- IELTS at IALF, Surabaya, INDONESIA
    Nov 14, 2012- IELTS Score ( L-6, S-8, W-6, R-6 ) So horrible:D
    Dec 1, 2012- IELTS Retake (Lord, I surrender it to you.)
    Dec 11, 2012- IELTS Score ( L-7, S-8, W-6, R-6.5)
    RETAKE OR GOODBYE OZ DREAM?
    Oct 2013- Pushed the OZ dream
    Dec 14, 2013- 3rd IELTS retake (L-7.5, S-8, W-5.5, R-7)

• danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    hello guys.....may isa kaming friend dito na nag tuturo sa Loyola College dito sa melbourne...former teacher din siya sa Jesuit school sa cebu.....mga 4 years na siya nagtuturo sa school na yan dito.....maybe she can also be a source of info for anybody who is interested to migrate here in the teaching profession.....

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010

• kindredkindred Sydney
    Hi

IELTS - 5/ 06/13-- L-8.5; S-8.5;W-8.5;R-8.5
    ANZSCO CODE:241411
    Assessment (AITSL) - 18/07/13
    Assessment Positive Result-11/09/13
    EOI lodged-11/09/13
    Invitation SI(Subclass 189)-16/09/13
    Visa lodgement-05/10/13
    PCC and All docs upload- 10/10/13
    Form 80 upload- 24/10/13
    Medicals Done/ Uploaded ( SLEC )- 31/10/13
    Uploaded Docs Received (DIBP screen )- 31/10/13
    CO allocated- 20/11/13- GSM Brisbane Team 34
    Visa Granted: 25/11/13
    Date first hired: Jan 2014
    Registered and accredited BOSTES- April 2014
    Second Job- April 2014 Language College Sydney- Part time
    Third Job- July 2015 to present ESL Full time high school teacher in a Grammar School in Sydney
    --In Him alone is our strength--- in God's grace!!

• R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    Hello danyan2001us... how can we ask her to tell her story here about teaching...im excited to hear that...

Hello danyan2001us... how can we ask her to tell her story here about teaching...im excited to hear that...
    hi i'll try to check with her and most probably convince her to share her story...the gist of this....

primary applicant- wife

hi yell...sabi ng friend ko nag apply pala siya sa cebu way back then kasi nagpunta yong mga taga school sa cebu para mang recruit ng mga titsers ..ang dami nila applicant and at the end she was one of the lucky ones (3) na nahire dito sa australia as employered sponsored visa holders ngayon citizen na sila dito.....andito na buong pamilya nya (husband and four kids)

primary applicant- wife

• kindredkindred Sydney
    Hi everyone! Am a newbie here.

Just lodged my 189 visa last Oct. 5. And all docs uploaded ( except Form 80 and meds ).

Tanong ko lang kun dapat n ng mag upload Form 80 sa visa 189 kasi sabe ng iba forum nde lahat requrd sa form 80.

Congrats to all who have been successful with visa grants.

I hope we can keep this thread alive!

Yell goodluck to IELTS!

IELTS - 5/ 06/13-- L-8.5; S-8.5;W-8.5;R-8.5
    ANZSCO CODE:241411
    Assessment (AITSL) - 18/07/13
    Assessment Positive Result-11/09/13
    EOI lodged-11/09/13
    Invitation SI(Subclass 189)-16/09/13
    Visa lodgement-05/10/13
    PCC and All docs upload- 10/10/13
    Form 80 upload- 24/10/13
    Medicals Done/ Uploaded ( SLEC )- 31/10/13
    Uploaded Docs Received (DIBP screen )- 31/10/13
    CO allocated- 20/11/13- GSM Brisbane Team 34
    Visa Granted: 25/11/13
    Date first hired: Jan 2014
    Registered and accredited BOSTES- April 2014
    Second Job- April 2014 Language College Sydney- Part time
    Third Job- July 2015 to present ESL Full time high school teacher in a Grammar School in Sydney
    --In Him alone is our strength--- in God's grace!!

@kindred good luck and keep on praying for a positive outcome of your application. God bless

primary applicant- wife

• R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    pinoy teachers where are you- both immig applicants or PR? Anong kuwento niyo jan...share namn...kumusta na ung mga application niyo jan? totoo ba na sa WA ata un or SA daming opportunities dw sa mga teachers? nabasa ko rin lng yan dito. para to inspire nlng din sa iba na i tried mag search ng teaching job post at may nakita akong salary bracket na "$61,545-$91,567 per annum sa Broome Senior High School" mga 200k pesos ata un per month sahod if per annum natin is $61k, ahhhahaha..daydreaming lng! 303k namn kung $91k. mabuhay ang mga teachers! kaya wag ma discourage. take lng ng take ng ielts kung hindi pa sapat. in time, makakamit rin natin ang ielts na yan...ehehehhe...kaya im taking a big leap this time....sana mkuha ko na ang band 8 both listening and speaking, then 7 both reading and writing...thats for teachers.

share din kau. buhayin natin ang ating mga loob! pinoy teachers we can also compete in the engl speaking intl arena! ahahahha

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    @R_Yell..At ang salary bracket pa talaga ng Broome Senior High School ang nakita mo ha.. Any way, dito ako sa Broome ngayun but hindi ako teacher.. Laki pala ng sahod ng mga teacher dito.. Cge e push mo lg yan at baka dito kapa mapad pad sa Broome. Goodluck

06-01-11: Arrived Australia (457 visa dependent on my dad)
    28-05-12: Lodged RSMS 857 visa (seperate from my dad already)
    28-06-12: Done Medical check
    30-10-12: Submit AFP check
    07-11-12: Went home on a bridging visa B for holiday and wedding..:)
    12-01-13: CO allocated and nomination approved
    18-01-13: CO asked documents of my husband to be included on my application as migrating dependent..Thank u LORD!
    15-02-13: Husband completed all requirements (police check, medical, english requirements and joint statement)
    15-02-13: CO issued pre-grant letter instructing hubby to apply tourist visa to enter Australia in order our 857 visa to be granted.
    27-02-13: Hubby applied Subclass 676 tourist visa.
    06-03-13: Hubby's tourist visa approved.
    16-03-13: Hubby arrived Australia.
    18-03-13: Our RSMS 857 visa granted.. (nothing to ask more)

• R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    @nfronda : talaga??? ehehehhe...u mean nagwo-work ka jan sa Broome Senior High School though not as a teacher? Or Broome area u mean? Ano work mo if u are not a teacher (if u don't mind me asking)? Nabasa ko lng po nung nagsearch search ako ng job jan, eheheeh. Ano po ba ang alam niyong sahod ng teacher jan sa OZ na maybe may kilala ka? nosy lng...ehehehe...

tinatawagan po ang lahat ng guro na magsalita na!!! salamat! eheheheh
    Maligayang Pasko everyone!