Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Architect - Applying as Architectural Draftsperson

Comments

• danced22622danced22622 Posts: 4Member

Hi Maam, temporary visa po. Actually we're decided na sa Brisbane. It's just if he has a better chance to get work sa sydney, it might be a deciding point too.

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited July 2022

@danced22622 said:
    Hi Maam, temporary visa po. Actually we're decided na sa Brisbane. It's just if he has a better chance to get work sa sydney, it might be a deciding point too.

How long is that temporary visa valid? Is your employer giving you the option to work in either Sydney or Brisbane office?

In my experience, mas mura ang rent sa Brisbane than Sydney (not so much cheaper, but every dollar helps with the savings). Sydney public transport is much more developed because Sydney is a bigger city. Yes, there's a lot more attractions and places to visit in Sydney, but I feel like mas relaxed sa Brisbane (not as crowded or busy). If you don't like being in a big, bustling city, then Brisbane would be a good option.

If bagong salta/dating in Australia, it may take time to actually find a job relevant to the profession. One of my archi friends arrived as a PR in Sydney, and it took him over a year to get into the design industry because he didn't have the local experience (but he had many years of archi experience in Dubai). So his overseas experience didn't really count for much here. Start from scratch talaga siya. What he did was work full time in a factory for a year just to pay bills and gain "local" experience, then he moved on to finding archi/design work.

Of course, each person's situation will be different, but I just wanted to let you know the reality of things so you can manage your expectations. :smile:

ispidprikheneralunaEnzeru08

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• kira_arkikira_arki Posts: 1Member

Hi there! New member here! Ask ko lang po may mga Landscape Architect po ba dito? Regulated po ba ang Landscape Arch sa Australia? Anong pathway po pedeng applyan sa ganitong profession.

edited August 2022

@kira_arki said:
    Hi there! New member here! Ask ko lang po may mga Landscape Architect po ba dito? Regulated po ba ang Landscape Arch sa Australia? Anong pathway po pedeng applyan sa ganitong profession.

As far as I know, LA is not as regulated as architecture, but there is a professional organization (AILA) where you can get "registered" as a landscape architect. Like architecture registration in Australia, getting registered as LA is optional, so you don't have to get registered in order to work in the industry. If you do decide to register, you can apply through either of the 2 pathways: 12-month mentorship or Senior Entry (if you have at least 8 years of full-time work experience).

You can have a look at AILA's website for more information:
    https://aila.org.au/Web/Web/Membership/Membership.aspx?hkey=025a9cc1-9510-4a2c-9dcd-34009e1a090d

Job ads for LA usually require at least a bachelor's degree in landscape architecture; only a few job ads mention accepting architecture grads/allied disciplines.

For migration pathway, LA looks like it's in the MLTSSL, and you need to get your skills assessed by VETASSESS.

Enzeru08

• jakibantilesjakibantiles Sydney

Hi po. May mga nagstudy po ba ng Architecture dito? My husband has a positive assessment from Engineers Australia as a Mechanical Engineer tapos gusto nya maging Architect kaso 6-8yrs yun pag part time. May way kaya na mabawasan yung units na need nya gamit yung engineering credentials nya? TIA!

ANZSCO 233512 | Mechanical Engineer | Age: 30, Education: 15, Work Experience: 10, PTE: 20, Spouse: 10, CCL: 5 | State Nom: 5 (NSW)

Lodged Visa 482 | 17 Mar 2020 | Granted 24 Sep 2020 while Offshore
    Travel Exemption | DOA: 08 Oct 2020 | Approved: 12 Oct 2020

Lodged EOI: Visa 190/95pts NSW
    DOE: 23 Dec 2020
    Pre-Invite: 10 June 2021
    ITA: 18 June 2021
    Visa Lodge: 05 Aug 2021
    Medical: 31 Jan 2022
    Visa Grant: 20 Apr 2022

edited August 2022

@jakibantiles said:
    Hi po. May mga nagstudy po ba ng Architecture dito? My husband has a positive assessment from Engineers Australia as a Mechanical Engineer tapos gusto nya maging Architect kaso 6-8yrs yun pag part time. May way kaya na mabawasan yung units na need nya gamit yung engineering credentials nya? TIA!

Do you mean he wants to study architecture in Australia? Unfortunately the architecture program in Australia has very little technical or engineering-related units (unlike the program in the PH na may statics, physics, engineering sciences), so changing career into architecture will take years, especially if he's considering to get registered as an architect here.

Most common/logical approach would be to take a 3-year architecture undergraduate degree (Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Architectural Studies), then the 2-year MArch. To get registered as an architect, that will need at least 2 years of local architecture work experience for the logbook, then take the APE written exam and interview (APE is the Australian equivalent to the PRC board exam for architecture). So that's going to be 5 years of full-time study, then a few more years to get registered.

I do know University of Melbourne has a 3-year full-time MArch stream, so people who don't have a bachelor degree in architecture can go straight into the MArch. However, the minimum entry requirement requires having done 1 design studio and 1 history subject (related to art, architecture, built environment, design) during the undergrad. I am assuming the design studio experience requirement is kind of proof that prospective applicants are aware of how the design studio runs? :D Maybe your husband can contact UniMelb directly to inquire on whether he will be eligible to get admission in that program.

• jakibantilesjakibantiles Sydney

@athelene said:

@jakibantiles said:

Do you mean he wants to study architecture in Australia? Unfortunately the architecture program in Australia has very little technical or engineering-related units (unlike the program in the PH na may statics, physics, engineering sciences), so changing career into architecture will take years, especially if he's considering to get registered as an architect here.

Most common/logical approach would be to take a 3-year architecture undergraduate degree (Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Architectural Studies), then the 2-year MArch. To get registered as an architect, that will need at least 2 years of local architecture work experience for the logbook, then take the APE written exam and interview (APE is the Australian equivalent to the PRC board exam for architecture). So that's going to be 5 years of full-time study, then a few more years to get registered.

I do know University of Melbourne has a 3-year full-time MArch stream, so people who don't have a bachelor degree in architecture can go straight into the MArch. However, the minimum entry requirement requires having done 1 design studio and 1 history subject (related to art, architecture, built environment, design) during the undergrad. I am assuming the design studio experience requirement is kind of proof that prospective applicants are aware of how the design studio runs? :D Maybe your husband can contact UniMelb directly to inquire on whether he will be eligible to get admission in that program.

Thank you po. Halos ganito nga rin po ang pagkakaintindi namin. Ang haba ng 6yrs na part time study. Will it take him to places kaya sa industry kung kumuha sya ng Diploma of Interior Design sa Tafe? 2yrs lang kasi yun.

ANZSCO 233512 | Mechanical Engineer | Age: 30, Education: 15, Work Experience: 10, PTE: 20, Spouse: 10, CCL: 5 | State Nom: 5 (NSW)

Lodged Visa 482 | 17 Mar 2020 | Granted 24 Sep 2020 while Offshore
    Travel Exemption | DOA: 08 Oct 2020 | Approved: 12 Oct 2020

Lodged EOI: Visa 190/95pts NSW
    DOE: 23 Dec 2020
    Pre-Invite: 10 June 2021
    ITA: 18 June 2021
    Visa Lodge: 05 Aug 2021
    Medical: 31 Jan 2022
    Visa Grant: 20 Apr 2022

@jakibantiles said:
    Thank you po. Halos ganito nga rin po ang pagkakaintindi namin. Ang haba ng 6yrs na part time study. Will it take him to places kaya sa industry kung kumuha sya ng Diploma of Interior Design sa Tafe? 2yrs lang kasi yun.

Ano ba ang end goal nya? To design small-scale residential projects? If so, don't do Diploma of Interior Design unless interior design talaga ang habol nya. If designing small-scale residential projects ang gusto nya, mas ok na Diploma of Building Design siya, para Building Designer ang work nya. Depending on where he will study, baka pwede nya muna kunin yung Cert 4 in Residential Drafting, then move on to the Diploma, so maybe around 2 years full-time study lang. Most likely work nya after grad would be draftsperson or technician, working under a Building Designer. Check nyo nalang sa state nyo kung regulated ba ang Building Designer sa state nyo, kasi baka kailangan din magparegister if he wants to set up his own practice (like in QLD).

As a Building Designer, limited ang scope/scale na pwede nila gawin, like mga single-detached residences, small warehouse/industrial units, garage/shed. If mas complex projects ang gusto nya i-design (like hospitals, commercial buildings, condo, etc.), dapat architecture degree ang kunin nya kasi magkaiba talaga ang training ng archi sa building designer.

• telliebootellieboo Posts: 4Member

Hello! My husband and I are planning to apply for Australian Visa Subclass 190. Si Husband ang primary applicant. 8 years na siya as an Architect. Ang plan niya i apply is Architectural Draftsperson.

Ask lang, before we proceed sa VETASSESS (just making sure ang mahal din kasi ng assessment, also DIY rin)

1. He worked as draftsman sa isang company around 2012-2013, and wala na siya copy ng payslip, enough na ba ang Statement of Service as proof?

2. He also worked as instructor sa school where he graduated, iccount kaya siya ng VETASSESS? Or depends sa kung anong subject?

3. From 2015 up to present, contractor na siya private practice that means he’s self-employed, ano po kaya ang proof na pwede namin i submit to prove na he’s self employed throughout those years? Meron business registration/DTI po.

We just recently found this forum. Hope you guys could help us! Thank you so much.

• juju06juju06 PH

@tellieboo said:
    Hello! My husband and I are planning to apply for Australian Visa Subclass 190. Si Husband ang primary applicant. 8 years na siya as an Architect. Ang plan niya i apply is Architectural Draftsperson.

Ask lang, before we proceed sa VETASSESS (just making sure ang mahal din kasi ng assessment, also DIY rin)

1. He worked as draftsman sa isang company around 2012-2013, and wala na siya copy ng payslip, enough na ba ang Statement of Service as proof?

2. He also worked as instructor sa school where he graduated, iccount kaya siya ng VETASSESS? Or depends sa kung anong subject?

3. From 2015 up to present, contractor na siya private practice that means he’s self-employed, ano po kaya ang proof na pwede namin i submit to prove na he’s self employed throughout those years? Meron business registration/DTI po.

We just recently found this forum. Hope you guys could help us! Thank you so much.

Can't give feedback on #s 1&3, but for #2, I have the same teaching experience in my career but it did not count towards my relevant engineering experience since there is a different skilled occupation for University Lecturer. You may still try to have it assessed though, just be prepared for it to not count.

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator

@tellieboo said:

1 you need pay evidence. Payslip isn’t the only way to prove it. Refer to the guideline

2 not relevant to the nominated occupation

3 there is a guide on the website for self employment. All the answers are there

• telliebootellieboo Posts: 4Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@tellieboo said:

1 you need pay evidence. Payslip isn’t the only way to prove it. Refer to the guideline

2 not relevant to the nominated occupation

3 there is a guide on the website for self employment. All the answers are there

Thank you so much, Ma’am! Ngayon ko lang nakita yung update regarding self-employed applicants. Thank you!

• keruchankeruchan Posts: 88Member

Anyone here who recently received grant or currently waiting for one? Been waiting for 3 yrs and I just received invitation from Vic 190. Just wanted to check any updates for 312111, sobrang inactive kasi dito :D

312111 Architectural Draftsperson

PTE: 20
    Educ: 15
    Work Experience: 15
    Partner: 10
    State: 5
    Total: 95 points

Mar 2019: Applied VETASSESS Full Skills Assessment
    June 2019: Received Skills Assessment
    June 2019: Took PTE (Proficient)
    18 Apr 2022: Retook PTE again (Superior)
    17 May 2022: Lodged VETASSESS Assessment Renewal
    25 Aug 2022: Received Positive Outcome Letter from VETASSESS
    31 Aug 2022: Lodged EOI for 190 Vic
    1 Sep 2022: Lodged ROI for Vic
    6 Sep 2022: Received Pre-invite from Vic SC 190
    8 Sep 2022: Applied State Nomination
    26 Sep 2022: Received Vic nomination approval and ITA from DHA
    17 Oct 2022: Sg Police Clearance
    21 Oct: Lodged Visa 190
    3 Nov 2022: NBI Clearance
    7 Nov 2022: Scheduled for Medical
    9 Nov 2022: Health clearance provided
    5 Apr 2023: Direct Grant! TYL!

• heneralunaheneraluna Posts: 26Member

Hi @keruchan , wala din ako nababalitaan na nagragrant na ka-arki natin.
    Ilan po pala points nio sa Vic 190? Thanks

• keruchankeruchan Posts: 88Member

@heneraluna said:
    Hi @keruchan , wala din ako nababalitaan na nagragrant na ka-arki natin.
    Ilan po pala points nio sa Vic 190? Thanks

@heneraluna 95 total

English: 20
    Exp: 15

Anong stage ka na sa application mo?

heneraluna

312111 Architectural Draftsperson

PTE: 20
    Work Experience: 15
    Total: 95 points

Mar 2019: Applied VETASSESS Full Skills Assessment
    June 2019: Received Skills Assessment
    June 2019: Took PTE (Proficient)
    18 Apr 2022: Retook PTE again (Superior)
    17 May 2022: Lodged VETASSESS Assessment Renewal
    25 Aug 2022: Received Positive Outcome Letter from VETASSESS
    31 Aug 2022: Lodged EOI for 190 Vic
    1 Sep 2022: Lodged ROI for Vic
    6 Sep 2022: Received Pre-invite from Vic SC 190
    8 Sep 2022: Applied State Nomination
    26 Sep 2022: Received Vic nomination approval and ITA from DHA
    17 Oct 2022: Sg Police Clearance
    21 Oct: Lodged Visa 190
    3 Nov 2022: NBI Clearance
    7 Nov 2022: Scheduled for Medical
    9 Nov 2022: Health clearance provided
    5 Apr 2023: Direct Grant! TYL!

• heneralunaheneraluna Posts: 26Member

Nakapaglodge na po ako NSW 491

• gerchitectgerchitect Posts: 22Member

Hello po Kabayan, I'm seeking advice po regarding Architectural, Building and Surveying Technician "NEC" po for Subclass 190/491 application po.

UNDER VETASSESS- REQUIREMENTS po
    Paano po yung process sa Cover letter na Rationale daw po for NEC? Ano po dapat ilagay? Salamat po in advanced,. God bless po! 🙂

• gerchitectgerchitect Posts: 22Member

Hello po Kabayan, I'm seeking advice po regarding Architectural, Building and Surveying Technician "NEC" po for Subclass 190/491 application po.

UNDER VETASSESS- REQUIREMENTS po
    Paano po yung process sa Cover letter na Rationale daw po for NEC? Ano po dapat ilagay? Salamat po in advanced,. God bless po! 🙂

• rukawa_11rukawa_11 Singapore

Hello po, it's my first post here pero halos 3 years na po yung mga EOI ko as Architectural Draftsperson and I have 70 points for 190 visa. Gusto ko lang po sana malaman if may pag-asa pa po kaya kaming mga 70 points na ma-invite? may mga kakilala po ba kayo with this same points, occupation and visa at na-invite parin? Mejo nakakawalan narin po kasi ng pag-asa minsan eh.. salamat po sa mga sasagot.

MY ROAD TO AUSTRALIAN PR

Nominated Occupation: Architectural Draftsperson - ANZSCO 312111 (Offshore)

Jan 20: Since I’m DIYing it, I started researching and learning the whole process.
    Feb 22: VETASSESS – I started gathering all required documents.
    Apr 25: VETASSESS – I finished gathering all my documents. I created my account and started filling up the Skills Assessment for General Occupation Application.
    Apr 29: VETASSESS – I double-checked my documents. I started uploading the required documents. I decided not to include my first work in the Philippines because I don’t have payment evidence of it. I didn’t include my 1st work in Singapore as well because I don’t have a Certificate of Employment from that job.
    Apr 30: VETASSESS – I double-checked my documents for the last time.
    May 01: VETASSESS – I successfully submitted my online assessment for Architectural Draftsperson. Total amount paid is AUD$ 880 (SGD$ 842.66) Crossing my fingers that the outcome will be positive.
    May 05: VETASSESS – My application status was lodged.
    Jul 12: VETASSESS – After 11 weeks, the results came out and it was Positive. Number of years assessed positively was 9.63 which is equivalent to 15 points in EOI.
    Jul 25: IELTS – I finally booked my IELTS Computer-delivered Test for SGD$ 365. My test date was Aug 16, 2020.
    Aug 16: IELTS – It was my test day. Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing were all taken on this day.
    Aug 21: IELTS – My test results came out. L: 9.0 R: 7.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 which is Proficient English. It is equivalent to 10 points in EOI.
    Aug 22: EOI – I finally submitted my Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect for NSW Visa 190.

My points breakdown:
    English Language Ability: 10
    Education: 15
    State Nomination: 5
    Years of Experience: 15
    Total: 70 points

*Invitation rounds for NSW nomination under the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) are currently closed. I’m expecting that this may take a while because of the pandemic and the current situation in Australia. I just have to wait for the federal government’s advice on when it will open again.

Jul 5: IELTS – Since my IELTS exam result was expiring on Aug 16, 2022, I booked my 2nd IELTS Computer-delivered Test for SGD$ 378. My test date was on Jul 17, 2022. I didn’t know at that time that Australia is accepting its validity for 3 years. But I was able to use it as well for my Canada PR application.
    Jul 17: IELTS – It was my test day. Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing were all taken on this day.
    Jul 20: IELTS – My test results came out. L: 8.0 R: 9.0 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 which is Proficient English. It is equivalent to 10 points in EOI.
    Jul 25: EOI – I received a notice that my EOI is expiring on August 23, 2022, so I had to resubmit it.
    Aug 23: EOI – My Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect expired after 2 years.
    Aug 25: EOI – I submitted my new Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect.

My points breakdown:

*Invitation rounds for NSW nominations under the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) were still closed. It’s expected to open in November 2022. I hope I get invited before my birthday because I will lose points during an age milestone on December.

Sep 09: EOI – After a long wait, NSW’s Skilled Visa Nomination Program finally opened. However, my skill points for my nominated occupation didn’t meet the minimum points required which is 90. I only had 70 points. I updated my EOI and changed my preferred state to Victoria, which only requires a minimum of 65 points. I then created an account in the Live In Melbourne portal and submitted my Registration of Interest (ROI).

Dec XX: EOI – My points went down to 60 points due to an age milestone and I am now not qualified for at EOI in the Australian Skillselect. My only hope is to get higher points in my English exam to get back in the pool. I withdrew my EOI and ROI in Victoria.
    Dec19: – I booked my PTE English Test for USD$ 260 (SGD$ 367.11). My exam date was on Dec 30, 2022.
    Dec 30: PTE – I took the PTE Academic English Test. My test results came out the same day: L: 84 R:84 S: 90 W: 75. I didn’t get the scores that I needed to achieve Superior English.
    Dec 31: PTE – I booked another PTE English Test for USD$ 260 (SGD$ 361.28). My exam date was on Jan 09, 2023.

Jan 09: PTE – It was my test day. The results came out on the same day: L: 90 R:85 S: 90 W: 80. I finally got the points that I needed to get Superior level of English.
    Jan 10: EOI – I lodged my EOI for NSW Visa 190 and was able to reach 70 points again to qualify for an invitation. By this time, the minimum points for all occupations were already removed by NSW.
    Jan 12: PTE – Booked my wife’s PTE English Test for USD$ 291.60 (SGD$ 401.85). Her exam date was on Jan 20, 2023.
    Jan 20: PTE – It was my wife’s test day. The results came out on the same day. She got a Competent English result which is additional 5 points on my EOI for Partner’s Qualifications (English).
    Jan 21: EOI – I updated my NSW 190 EOI. I now have 75 points.

My points breakdown:
    English Language Ability: 20
    Partner Qualification (English): 5
    Total: 75 points

Jan 24: EOI – I finally received a pre-invite to apply for visa 190 nomination from NSW! We were super-duper happy! We’re on cloud 9! Tears of joy!
    Feb 03: EOI – Submitted documents required for NSW nomination visa subclass 190. I paid AUD$ 300 (SGD$ 290.73) for the application fee.
    Feb 06: EOI – I finally received the Invitation to Apply (ITA) letter for NSW Visa 190! Wohoo!
    Feb 13: Visa 190 lodged. I paid AUD$ 7523.88 (family of 3) with surcharge for the visa application fee. Praying that the visa processing and grants start to speed up.
    Feb 13: EOI – Withdrew all my other EOIs to other states.
    Feb 13: COC – I applied for eAppeal for Singapore Police Certificate of Clearance (COC).
    Feb 14: NBI – My wife applied for her NBI Clearance.
    Feb 21: COC – My eAppeal was approved. I paid SGD$ 55 for my COC application.
    Feb 22: COC – Booked my appointment for fingerprinting on Mar 13, 2023.
    Feb 22: Health Assessment – Booked our medical on Mar 13, 2023.
    Mar 03: NBI – My wife finally received her NBI Clearance.
    Mar 13: Health Assessment – Medical done at SATA AMK. Main applicant: SGD$ 241.90, Spouse: SGD$ 241.90, Child (6 years old): SGD$ 430.05 It cost us a total of SGD$ 913.35 for a family of 3.
    Mar 13: COC – Fingerprinting and collection of SG COC.
    Mar 14: Health Assessment – Status in ImmiAccount: Examinations in progress
    Mar 14: COC & NBI – Uploaded my SG COC and my wife’s NBI Clearance.
    Mar 15: Health Assessment – Status in ImmiAccount: Health Clearance Provided
    May 05: NBI – I applied for my NBI Clearance in the Philippines.
    May 19: NBI – I received my NBI Clearance.
    May 22: NBI – I uploaded my NBI Clearance to my ImmiAccount.
    Oct 10: ImmiAccount – I received s56 requesting for Form 80 from me and my wife. Status in ImmiAccount: Initial assessment.
    Oct 16: ImmiAccount - Submitted our Form 80. Status in ImmiAccount: Further assessment.

Feb 08: GOLDEN GRANT! Thank you Lord!

• MakuneruMakuneru Posts: 179Member

@rukawa_11 said:
    Hello po, it's my first post here pero halos 3 years na po yung mga EOI ko as Architectural Draftsperson and I have 70 points for 190 visa. Gusto ko lang po sana malaman if may pag-asa pa po kaya kaming mga 70 points na ma-invite? may mga kakilala po ba kayo with this same points, occupation and visa at na-invite parin? Mejo nakakawalan narin po kasi ng pag-asa minsan eh.. salamat po sa mga sasagot.

Validity po ng EOI is 2 years lang. So most likely po expired na yung EOI po ninyo. I would suggest na gawa po kayo ulit ng bagong EOI for SC189(since madami din pong naiinvite na 65pts) and EOI for 190 na hiwalay for the state na gusto po ninyo.
    Wag po kayo mawalan ng pagasa malaki po ang chance ninyo mainvite.
    If I may quote po sabi ni @RheaMARN1171933 "it’s not more of the points now it’s more of how soon you can lodge your EOI!"

Hope for the best po :smile:

ANZSCO 261313 Software Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 30 | English: 20| Experience: 5| Education: 15 | Partner: 10 (same occupation with partner) | State Nomination(VIC): 5 | TOTAL: 85 Points

God is good!
    Proverbs 19:21 - "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."

July 2022 - EOI Created
    August 2022- ROI Created for VIC
    Nov 22, 2022 - Pre invite
    Dec 12, 2022 - Nomination approval
    Dec 14, 2022 - Visa lodged
    Dec 26, 2022 - Medical
    Jan 2 , 2023 - Health Clearance received
    Nov 1, 2023 - Visa Grant

Visa Application Status: Granted

@Makuneru said:

@rukawa_11 said:

Validity po ng EOI is 2 years lang. So most likely po expired na yung EOI po ninyo. I would suggest na gawa po kayo ulit ng bagong EOI for SC189(since madami din pong naiinvite na 65pts) and EOI for 190 na hiwalay for the state na gusto po ninyo.
    If I may quote po sabi ni @RheaMARN1171933 "it’s not more of the points now it’s more of how soon you can lodge your EOI!"

what I meant was in a span of 3 years, ilang beses na po ako nag-submit ng EOI. Actually, kakasubmit ko lang po ulet kahapon. Mejo nakaka-frustrate lang po kasi kaya napatanong ako ng ganito.

Nakita ko po sa isang thread na na-invite kayo recetly at 75 points kung di ako nagkakamali? Congrats po sa inyo! At salamat po sa encouragement. :smile:

MY ROAD TO AUSTRALIAN PR

Jan 20: Since I’m DIYing it, I started researching and learning the whole process.
    Apr 25: VETASSESS – I finished gathering all my documents. I created my account and started filling up the Skills Assessment for General Occupation Application.
    Apr 29: VETASSESS – I double-checked my documents. I started uploading the required documents. I decided not to include my first work in the Philippines because I don’t have payment evidence of it. I didn’t include my 1st work in Singapore as well because I don’t have a Certificate of Employment from that job.
    May 01: VETASSESS – I successfully submitted my online assessment for Architectural Draftsperson. Total amount paid is AUD$ 880 (SGD$ 842.66) Crossing my fingers that the outcome will be positive.
    Jul 12: VETASSESS – After 11 weeks, the results came out and it was Positive. Number of years assessed positively was 9.63 which is equivalent to 15 points in EOI.
    Jul 25: IELTS – I finally booked my IELTS Computer-delivered Test for SGD$ 365. My test date was Aug 16, 2020.
    Aug 16: IELTS – It was my test day. Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing were all taken on this day.
    Aug 21: IELTS – My test results came out. L: 9.0 R: 7.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 which is Proficient English. It is equivalent to 10 points in EOI.
    Aug 22: EOI – I finally submitted my Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect for NSW Visa 190.

My points breakdown:

*Invitation rounds for NSW nomination under the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) are currently closed. I’m expecting that this may take a while because of the pandemic and the current situation in Australia. I just have to wait for the federal government’s advice on when it will open again.

Jul 5: IELTS – Since my IELTS exam result was expiring on Aug 16, 2022, I booked my 2nd IELTS Computer-delivered Test for SGD$ 378. My test date was on Jul 17, 2022. I didn’t know at that time that Australia is accepting its validity for 3 years. But I was able to use it as well for my Canada PR application.
    Jul 17: IELTS – It was my test day. Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing were all taken on this day.
    Jul 20: IELTS – My test results came out. L: 8.0 R: 9.0 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 which is Proficient English. It is equivalent to 10 points in EOI.
    Jul 25: EOI – I received a notice that my EOI is expiring on August 23, 2022, so I had to resubmit it.
    Aug 23: EOI – My Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect expired after 2 years.

My points breakdown:

*Invitation rounds for NSW nominations under the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) were still closed. It’s expected to open in November 2022. I hope I get invited before my birthday because I will lose points during an age milestone on December.

Sep 09: EOI – After a long wait, NSW’s Skilled Visa Nomination Program finally opened. However, my skill points for my nominated occupation didn’t meet the minimum points required which is 90. I only had 70 points. I updated my EOI and changed my preferred state to Victoria, which only requires a minimum of 65 points. I then created an account in the Live In Melbourne portal and submitted my Registration of Interest (ROI).

Dec XX: EOI – My points went down to 60 points due to an age milestone and I am now not qualified for at EOI in the Australian Skillselect. My only hope is to get higher points in my English exam to get back in the pool. I withdrew my EOI and ROI in Victoria.
    Dec19: – I booked my PTE English Test for USD$ 260 (SGD$ 367.11). My exam date was on Dec 30, 2022.
    Dec 30: PTE – I took the PTE Academic English Test. My test results came out the same day: L: 84 R:84 S: 90 W: 75. I didn’t get the scores that I needed to achieve Superior English.
    Dec 31: PTE – I booked another PTE English Test for USD$ 260 (SGD$ 361.28). My exam date was on Jan 09, 2023.

Jan 09: PTE – It was my test day. The results came out on the same day: L: 90 R:85 S: 90 W: 80. I finally got the points that I needed to get Superior level of English.
    Jan 10: EOI – I lodged my EOI for NSW Visa 190 and was able to reach 70 points again to qualify for an invitation. By this time, the minimum points for all occupations were already removed by NSW.
    Jan 12: PTE – Booked my wife’s PTE English Test for USD$ 291.60 (SGD$ 401.85). Her exam date was on Jan 20, 2023.
    Jan 20: PTE – It was my wife’s test day. The results came out on the same day. She got a Competent English result which is additional 5 points on my EOI for Partner’s Qualifications (English).

My points breakdown:

Jan 24: EOI – I finally received a pre-invite to apply for visa 190 nomination from NSW! We were super-duper happy! We’re on cloud 9! Tears of joy!
    Feb 03: EOI – Submitted documents required for NSW nomination visa subclass 190. I paid AUD$ 300 (SGD$ 290.73) for the application fee.
    Feb 06: EOI – I finally received the Invitation to Apply (ITA) letter for NSW Visa 190! Wohoo!
    Feb 13: Visa 190 lodged. I paid AUD$ 7523.88 (family of 3) with surcharge for the visa application fee. Praying that the visa processing and grants start to speed up.
    Feb 13: COC – I applied for eAppeal for Singapore Police Certificate of Clearance (COC).
    Mar 13: Health Assessment – Medical done at SATA AMK. Main applicant: SGD$ 241.90, Spouse: SGD$ 241.90, Child (6 years old): SGD$ 430.05 It cost us a total of SGD$ 913.35 for a family of 3.
    Oct 10: ImmiAccount – I received s56 requesting for Form 80 from me and my wife. Status in ImmiAccount: Initial assessment.
    Oct 16: ImmiAccount - Submitted our Form 80. Status in ImmiAccount: Further assessment.

@rukawa_11 said:
    what I meant was in a span of 3 years, ilang beses na po ako nag-submit ng EOI. Actually, kakasubmit ko lang po ulet kahapon. Mejo nakaka-frustrate lang po kasi kaya napatanong ako ng ganito.

Nakita ko po sa isang thread na na-invite kayo recetly at 75 points kung di ako nagkakamali? Congrats po sa inyo! At salamat po sa encouragement. :smile:

oh okay po. hopefully po this month base sa trend ng visa 189 invites magkarron ng invitation round and mainvite na din po kayo and iba nating mga kabayan :blush:

ah yes po nainvite na din po ng VIC SC190. salamat po.

rukawa_11era222

ANZSCO 261313 Software Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 30 | English: 20| Experience: 5| Education: 15 | Partner: 10 (same occupation with partner) | State Nomination(VIC): 5 | TOTAL: 85 Points

God is good!
    Proverbs 19:21 - "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."

July 2022 - EOI Created
    Dec 26, 2022 - Medical
    Nov 1, 2023 - Visa Grant

• jinigirljinigirl Laguna

@rukawa_11 said:

@Makuneru said:

@rukawa_11 said:

may way pa ba na pwede pa tumaas yung points mo? like sa English exam?

261313 - Software Engineer | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work (offshore) : 10 | Qualification: 15 | Partner Skills: 10 | Total: 85 (SC189) | 90 (SC190) | 100 (SC491)
    Points Calculator: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools/points-calculator

❤ Next Goal: BIG MOVE ❤
    13.12.2023 - PDOS Webinar and Digital Certificate DONE!
    06.12.2023 - VISA GRANT! 317 DAYS WAITING!
    21.09.2023 - commencement email
    28.01.2023 - health clearance provided in immiaccount
    25.01.2023 - medicals done at NHS Makati
    23.01.2023 - NSW 190 visa application - LODGED
    19.01.2023 - NSW approved 190 nomination
    10.01.2023 - pre-invite received from NSW
    05.01.2023 - pre-invite from VIC; applied for state nomination on same day; STATE NOMINATION APPROVED ON SAME DAY! THANK YOU TALAGA G! GRABE KA! ❤
    10.12.2022 - +5 points due to 5 years work exp: 85 (189) | 90 (190) | 100 (491)
    29.11.2022 - Submitted EOI NSW190 - 80+5 pts
    24.11.2022 - Submitted EOI SC189 (80 pts) | SA190 / WA190 (80+5 pts) | SA491 / WA491 (80+15 pts)
    24.11.2022 - Submitted VIC ROI for SC190
    24.11.2022 - Submitted EOI VIC190 - 80+5 pts
    23.11.2022 - ACS Review Result - AQF BACHELOR’S DEGREE MAJOR IN COMPUTING! YAYYYY!
    10.10.2022 - ACS Review With Assessor
    08.10.2022 - PTE Superior obtained on first take! R:88 L:86 S:81 W:90
    06.10.2022 - sent review request to ACS to consider bachelor's degree
    15.08.2022 - received ACS results (suitable)
    01.07.2022 - ACS With Assessor
    29.06.2022 - ACS In progress with CO
    16.06.2022 - submitted ACS skills assessment request

@jinigirl said:

@rukawa_11 said:

@Makuneru said:

@rukawa_11 said:

may way pa ba na pwede pa tumaas yung points mo? like sa English exam?

kaka-check ko lang ngayon, pde pa ako maging 75 points pag nakakkuha ng competent english yung wife ko sa exam. Pero other than that, unfortunately, wala na. Superior na kasi yung english ko kaso inabutan ako ng age milestone last Dec na 40 yrs old so nabawasan ako ng 10 points sa age. :(

MY ROAD TO AUSTRALIAN PR

My points breakdown:

My points breakdown:

My points breakdown:

@rukawa_11 said:
    kaka-check ko lang ngayon, pde pa ako maging 75 points pag nakakkuha ng competent english yung wife ko sa exam. Pero other than that, unfortunately, wala na. Superior na kasi yung english ko kaso inabutan ako ng age milestone last Dec na 40 yrs old so nabawasan ako ng 10 points sa age. :(

ayun malaking bagay din po yung 5 points for competent english ni partner.
    NAATI/CCL po kaya for additional 5pts?

God is good!

July 2022 - EOI Created
    Dec 26, 2022 - Medical
    Nov 1, 2023 - Visa Grant

@Makuneru said:

@rukawa_11 said:

Kinonsider ko rin yan NAATI/CCL pero umatras ako initially dahil parang complicated nung ni-rerersearch ko. Salamat sa pagbanggit nito, na-encourage tuloy ako na i-consider ulet yan. Nakita ko just now yung thread tungkol jan at babasahin ko muna. Sayang nga naman pampataas din ng points.

MY ROAD TO AUSTRALIAN PR

My points breakdown:

My points breakdown:

My points breakdown:

@rukawa_11 said:
    Kinonsider ko rin yan NAATI/CCL pero umatras ako initially dahil parang complicated nung ni-rerersearch ko. Salamat sa pagbanggit nito, na-encourage tuloy ako na i-consider ulet yan. Nakita ko just now yung thread tungkol jan at babasahin ko muna. Sayang nga naman pampataas din ng points.

Yes po. Sayang din additional 5 pts. :smile:

rukawa_11

God is good!

July 2022 - EOI Created
    Dec 26, 2022 - Medical
    Nov 1, 2023 - Visa Grant

• era222era222 Philippines

@rukawa_11 said:

@Makuneru said:

@rukawa_11 said:

It's actually doable. Ang setup ng exam is you would translate English -> Filipino and then Filipino -> English. The only challenging part is yung mismong pagsasanay para mahasa ka sa test-taking. I was in the same position of being intimidated by the exam, but if kaya ng budget mo, go for it! The 10-day CCL course was super helpful to me. Although may nakita rin naman akong ibang DIY lang ang pag-aaral. :)

rukawa_11

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

@era222 said:

@rukawa_11 said:

@Makuneru said:

@rukawa_11 said:

It's actually doable. Ang setup ng exam is you would translate English -> Filipino and then Filipino -> English. The only challenging part is yung mismong pagsasanay para mahasa ka sa test-taking. I was in the same position of being intimidated by the exam, but if kaya ng budget mo, go for it! The 10-day CCL course was super helpful to me. Although may nakita rin naman akong ibang DIY lang ang pag-aaral. :)

salamat po for this insight. will explore it more. :smile:

MY ROAD TO AUSTRALIAN PR

My points breakdown:

My points breakdown:

My points breakdown:

@rukawa_11 said:

As what most people would do, they would try to max out the points available for them. So if you can still gain points with your wife's English proficiency and NAATI, maybe do that. Have you maxed out the points for overseas work experience?

It's a given that it will cost you more money to do more English exam and the NAATI, but it's really up to you if you're willing to wait for invites for those with low points. Very few states are open to sponsor architectural draftsperson under visa 190. If you were onshore, you can get more points by studying or working onshore. :|