Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Recognized Philippine Schools by "Australia..."

Comments

• bmacbmac Posts: 22Member
    korek
  • ausie_dream2010ausie_dream2010 Sydney
    I think, logically, the category of school will be considered also if not, it does not make sense to categorize the P.I. :-) I hope not, since my skul is cat=2.
  • icebreaker1928icebreaker1928 Sydney
    Finally, nagreply na rin ang ACS sa wakas.
    Ito yung email ko sa kanila for the inquiry.

------------------------------------
    I have applied for an Assesment last XXXXXXXXXXX and got a positive result.
    My application reference number is XXXXX.

With the upcoming changes in new points system, Educational qualifications is being considered.
    However, I am not sure if my degree is recognised as being of a standard comparable to the relevant Australian level of qualification.

According to DIAC, we can contact our relevant assessing authority for information regarding this points which in my case is ACS.

I would like to inquire your good office if my qualification is recognised as Bachelors Degree in Australian standard.

and this is their response

This is to advise that for a Group A assessment, we do not generally confirm the suitability of your qualification, since our criteria for Group A eligibility, under the PASA Guidelines for Applicants states that:
    Applicants must provide evidence that they have a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor (undergraduate) degree or Graduate Diploma or higher degree level qualification with a major in ICT in a highly relevant field to the nominated occupation and at least two (2) years of full time professional ICT work experience in a field closely related to the nominated occupation, completed in the seven (7) years before the date of application for Skills Assessment.

Note: Four (4) years of full time professional ICT work experience in a field closely related to the nominated occupation are required if the ICT qualification/s is not relevent to the nominated occupation.

Courses must contain at least a major in ICT, and a predominant objective should be to educate persons to be professionals in ICT.

As a guide, a major in a Bachelor degree must have a minimum of two equivalent full-time semesters of ICT content. Such ICT content must progress through all years of the program with at least one third of it being at a demonstrably advanced level (final year level).

The same criteria in relation to ICT content and progression as described for a Bachelor degree apply to programs which are postgraduate in time but substantially undergraduate in content.

sa pagkakaintindi ko... hindi tinitingnan ang school, more on dapat patunayan mo na may ICT content ang course mo (which can be prooved thru our Transcript)...
    since ang course ko ay BS Computer Engineering, I think pasok naman siguro ako dito sa sinasabi nila na

" must have a minimum of two equivalent full-time semesters of ICT content. Such ICT content must progress through all years of the program with at least one third of it being at a demonstrably advanced level (final year level). "

kasi pagdating namin ng 3rd year ng college mostly major subjects na ang dinidiscuss samen.
    And this is is also applicable to all courses which are IT related.

tama ba pagkaintindi ko? any input mga mam at sir?
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    wow! that's a good information you got there. same tayo ng pagkakainitindi, either transcript or syllabus siguro. since lahat naman ata ng university/college sa pinas pag dating ng 3rd yr mostly are major subjects na, i think pasok tayo. naku sana mag dilang anghel ako. :D thanks icebreaker for sharing this vital info.

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

Please spare some time to read our "Rules" located at the bottom of the page.

wow! that's a good information you got there. same tayo ng pagkakainitindi, either transcript or syllabus siguro. since lahat naman ata ng university/college sa pinas pag dating ng 3rd yr mostly are major subjects na, i think pasok tayo. naku sana mag dilang anghel ako. :D thanks icebreaker for sharing this vital info.
    sana nga tama pagkakaintindi natin, kasi kung hindi ako makaclaim ng 15pts sa Educ. Qualification, I need 8 all bands sa IELTS para magkaroon ng 65 pts nyaaaaa.....

• katlin924katlin924 Sydney
    Hi, question about points and education qualification..

iba ba ang points pag na-certify ka ng ACS (Australian Computer Society) at recognized school ka?

So sample, na-certify ka sa ACS, so may 10points ka na.
    Tpos yung school mo nasa section 1, so may additional 15points ka?

So sa lagay na yan, 25points kagad ang pwede mo ma-claim? Tama ba o nananaginip lang ako? ehehe.. :p

ACS, IELTS and Visa 175 Timeline
    28/07/2011 - Submitted ACS Online Application
    28/09/2011 - ACS Result: Group A
    08/10/2011 - IELTS Exam
    21/10/2011 - IELTS Result: L&R-8.5; W&S-7; OB-8
    22/11/2011 - Submitted Online Application
    05/05/2012 - CO Requested Additional Documents
    31/05/2012 - Submitted requested documents
    02/06/2012 - Visa Grant! Thank you Lord. :)
    05/2013 - Off to Sydney ^_^
    For the detailed timeline, check it here: Journey to the Land Down Under
    My personal blog: Kathleen's Daily Musings

Hi, question about points and education qualification..

iba ba ang points pag na-certify ka ng ACS (Australian Computer Society) at recognized school ka?

So sample, na-certify ka sa ACS, so may 10points ka na.
    Tpos yung school mo nasa section 1, so may additional 15points ka?

So sa lagay na yan, 25points kagad ang pwede mo ma-claim? Tama ba o nananaginip lang ako? ehehe.. :p
    wala po atang nasusulat na ganyan mam...
    ah ganon ba.. nananaginip nga lang ako.. hehehe. salamats icebreaker! :)

08/10/2011 - IELTS Exam

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited July 2011
    graduated from National University 1996 (Manila)

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• tootzkietootzkie Sydney
    QUALIFICATIONS OVERSEAS

Section 1 school (bachelors degree) : 15 pts (in comparable with australian bachelors degree)
    Section 2 & 3 school (bachelors degree) : 10 pts (in comparable with Australian DIPLOMA)

Please note that there is NOWHERE to be found in DIAC's policy that by passing professional board exam (PRC) / obtaining high grades will step up to SECTION 1.
    QUALIFICATIONS OVERSEAS

Section 1 school (bachelors degree) : 15 pts (in comparable with australian bachelors degree)
    Section 2 & 3 school (bachelors degree) : 10 pts (in comparable with Australian DIPLOMA)

Please note that there is NOWHERE to be found in DIAC's policy that by passing professional board exam (PRC) / obtaining high grades will step up to SECTION 1.
    any links for this sir?
  • jayjee09jayjee09 Singapore
    edited July 2011
    QUALIFICATIONS OVERSEAS

just my opinon... tingin ko pwede pa rin maging 15pts kahit section 2 ka or 3 as long as the assessment result on your units taken during college is comparable to australian degree units?? kasi hinihingan ako ng agent ng syllabus para daw macompare yung mga subjects ko sa australian subjects? tingin ko kasi possible rin na yung mga school e hindi nagpaaaccredit pero yung mga tinuturo sa school ay equivalent naman sa australian units? not pretty sure about this.
    @tootzkie Thanks for the information. At least I can claim 15points already for OVERSEAS QUALIFICATION. Whew!

08/10/2011 - IELTS Exam

• BryannBryann Sydney
    @jayjee09 I agree with you on this, although these are still assumptions until someone actually post their experience having been assessed under group A despite their college/university categorized as Section 2 or 3.

Dec 13 2011 - ACS: Suitable (AQF Diploma)
    Feb 03 2012 - IELTS #1 Failed (W-6.5)
    Mar 02 2012 - IELTS #2 Passed
    Apr 21 2012 - 175 Visa Lodged Online
    May 29 2012 - CO Assigned
    Jun 25 2012 - Visa Grant (IED: Dec 14 2012)
    Aug 19 2012 - Arrived in Sydney
    Sept 10 2012 - Start @ 1st Job (Web Developer)

Is there a statement from DIAC mentioning about the sectioning of school that Section 1 schools will gain 15pts and 10pts for Sec2&3 respectively? In my opinion, if your skills assessment result was Group A, your educational qualifications should be automatically comparable to AUS standard as what is stated in the definition of Group A (ACS guidelines.)
  • BryannBryann Sydney
    @ausie_dream2010 that's right. It all depends on how ACS assessed your qualifications. If you're school is under sec2/3, but ACS result shows you are in Group A, then DIAC will treat your educ qualifications as comparable to an OZ degree.

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    WOW! totoo ba to? u have given me high hope. :)
    @ausie_dream2010 that's right. It all depends on how ACS assessed your qualifications. If you're school is under sec2/3, but ACS result shows you are in Group A, then DIAC will treat your educ qualifications as comparable to an OZ degree.

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

• BryannBryann Sydney
    @aolee sir hindi ko po ito alam for a fact ha, baka misleading yun info. Assumption ko lang yun, syempre if assessed yun application mo with ACS na group A ka eventhough section 2 or 3 ang school mo, yun ang susundin ng DIAC. So you get more points.

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    @Bryann sana totoo nga yaan! :) para magkaron ng pagasa ang mga tulad namin kapus palad na nasa section 3.

• BryannBryann Sydney
    @aolee Section 3 din po ako. :)) Haha. Kaya isa ako sa mga hopefuls. :D

• therealaidstherealaids Singapore
    edited July 2011
    Hindi kayo nag iisa ako rin section 3! :-))
    Hi guys, do we have latest info about this topic? This really makes me sick since I don't want to waste time and money waiting for the result from DIAC then eventually they will tell you that you did not meet the required score. In what stage po ba ng DIAC assessment malalaman kung kulang pa ung points mo? If eventually na reject ang 175Visa mo, bibigyan ka ba ng chance na mangalap ng additional point, for example ask for state sponsorship?
    the cost of visa is PhP 141,600.00 as of JULY 1, 2011.

Kung sa tingin nyo kaya nyong ipagsapalaran ang ang cost ng visa (for claiming 15 pts in overaseas qualification, whilst ur school is under section 2 or 3) then GO. May mga hearsay kasi na passing PRC exam or obtaining high grades will consider your degree in comparable with australian degree.

pero kaya mo bang sumugal? Kung magbabayad ka sa migration agent will cost you more or less 250,000.00. Why not use 475 route? or provisional visa. Ang importante lang naman ay makarating ka sa australia. At kapag nandun ka na maraming pathways for permanent residency.

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    @tootzkie actually may point ka... im also considering it too... naniniwala rin ako na magkakaron ng oppurtunity pag para sayo talaga ang oz.

• unanimous21unanimous21 Brisbane
    @tootzkie, actually ung mga magpupursue naman ata ng visa 175/176 (tulad me) ay ung mga di pasok sa 475 or some provisional visas. Dba kelangan ng employer, etc to apply for that visa. which we actually dont have. correct me if i am wrong. thanks.

April 16, 2011 - took IELTS (L:8, R:7.5, W:8, S:7.5 OBS:8) I June 2, 2011 - submitted skills assessment to EA I October 26, 2011 - applied for Victoria State Sponsorship I December 03, 2011 - fiancee took IELTS I December 26, 2011 - lodged visa 176 (Victoria SS/Melbourne) I January 23,2012 - CO Allocation (Team 6) I February 20, 2012 - Submitted Police Clearances (Philippines, India & Maldives) I February 26, 2012 - finished medicals I March 13, 2012 - VISA GRANT! THANK YOU LORD!!! I December 04,2012 - initial entry as stated in the visa grant notification

edited August 2011
    unanimous: hindi kailangan ang employer sa 475. Ang kailangan lang ay state sponsorship in Regional Area which you can claim 10 pts for that. 475 is 3-year provisional visa na you are required to live for 2 years in specified state/region ( and work 1 year within that 2 years) in ANY JOB, no restriction of occupation. Once complied, you can apply for permanent resident (visa 887). Isang pathway lang yan, marami pang alternatives, see DIAC website.
    hi aolee, musta ka na? ikaw ba ang admin dito? i remember ikaw ang nag-lead sakin sa site na to from other forum. Nung mag-sign up ako rito wala pa yata kaming sampu, ngayon sobrang dami na, ang galing naman. Nasa stage ka pa ba ng application or nasa Australia na? Malapit-lapit na ko sa katotohanan hehehe, had my medical and pcc last week and now waiting for the result and visa decision.
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    edited August 2011
    @tootzkie haha uu nga. :D eto buhay pa. may isa kong friend si John, cya katulong kong volunteer din - cya admin ng site. kasi medyo busy sa work. eto patuloy pa rin application, nacollate ko na ung mga COE ko. prob ko ang mahal ng pacertify dito sa sg. balak ko gawin sa pinas para mura. uwi kame ng mga nov dun ko pa certify then diretso apply online na. sakto result, at the same time nagaaral ng IETLS, d ako nakapag bayad pa sa british council. dami hassel lately. pero malamang mauna IETLS ko before ung ACS. good luck! sana lahat tayo makalipad sa "down under". :) and sana marami rin mag sign up dito para matulungan rin tayo. wish ko din na maraming taga OZ na sumali sa site na to para maging malaking FIL-OZ community tayo.

ingats and keep in touch.

edited August 2011
    ahh ganun ba? lam mo dito sa pinas 40 pesos lang ang pagpa-certify ko hahaha, dito malapit sa FEU tapat ng PRC. 40 pesos na nga lang 3 copies pa hahahaha. Pero kung isa lang ang papa-notaryo mo 50 pesos per 3 copies. Sobrang mura di ba?

Sa IELTS naman, recommend ko sau ang NINER's review center. Magagaling ang coach at trainers. Marami silang branches kaya kung enrolled ka sa isang branch, pwede kang pumasok sa lahat ng branch.

Regards na lang kay John, job well done and more power to this site!
    unanimous: hindi kailangan ang employer sa 475. Ang kailangan lang ay state sponsorship in Regional Area which you can claim 10 pts for that. 475 is 3-year provisional visa na you are required to live for 2 years in specified state/region ( and work 1 year within that 2 years) in ANY JOB, no restriction of occupation. Once complied, you can apply for permanent resident (visa 887). Isang pathway lang yan, marami pang alternatives, see DIAC website.
    ano difference ng 475 sa 176? parang pareho kelangan ng state sponsorship...