Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

AITSL assessment

Comments

• ljustljust Sydney
    Hello! I have a question regarding the application.

Yung part na Other Higher Education Qualifications, it means not Education-related diba? In my case kasi, I finished Diploma in Business and Advanced Diploma in Marketing here in Australia, kelangan ko ba isama yun? Sa college ko lang siya tinake not in Uni.

Thanks
  • keziahsiscarkeziahsiscar Sydney
    @beaj is this for assessment? I think, not sure though, as long as related sa nominated occupation mo, you can include it for assessment.

ANZSCO 241111: Early Childhood Teacher

25 Jul 2015- IELTS (r-8.5, l-8.5, s-8.5, w-7.5)
    6 Oct 2015- Submitted documents for AITSL assessment
    2 Dec 2015- Received AITSL suitable result
    3 Dec 2015- Submitted EOI (65pts)
    4 Dec 2016- Received ITA
    9 Jan 2016- Lodged VISA 189
    13 Jan 2016- Medical (SLEC)
    22 Jan 2016- CO requested for PCC and marriage certificate (both front loaded) and Form 80
    03 Feb 2016- VISA GRANT

• sunflowersunflower Brisbane
    @beaj
    If we're talking about the AITSL Assessment for Migration, then yes, this is talking about any other higher education qualifications that you took that are not related to your Initial Teaching Qualification, you have to include it.

Take note, that it should've been completed in a university level. Short courses (less than one year of full-time study) or incomplete qualifications don't need to be included. :)

EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHER (ANZSCO 241111)

11/Apr/15: IELTS-IDP AU (L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7.5, S: 8.0)
    14/May/15: Lodged AITSL Application
    14/Jul/15: Positive Assessment from AITSL
    24/Jul/15: Submitted EOI (60 pts.)
    6/Sep/15: Received ITA
    19/Sep/15: Lodged Visa 189
    16/Oct/15: Lodged documents for Teacher Registration
    27/Oct/15: CO Allocated (Team Adelaide)
    10/Dec/15: Visa Grant :)
    12/Feb/16: Became a Registered Teacher in QLD
    5/Jun/16: Big Move to Oz!
    11/Jun/16: Hired as a Kindergarten Teacher

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do." -Helen Keller

• rdagulanrdagulan Davao City
    ...im happy with your conversation @sunflower and keziah... im not really in bs ed .. i just took the general education that became my undergrad studies.. should i further enrolled for eccd.. a dela lasalle school here is offering a certificate for eccd course ... would dat help me? I never undergo with practicum bcoz i was hired directly by the department of education... how would i link my profession .. i want to nominate my skills under pre-primary so it will be under SOL would dat be possible? Currently im teaching grade two aging 7 to 8 under k to 12 curriculum ... can i consider dat? Im about to graduate this april for my post grad.. MAED... will dat be counted... @sunflower... do i still have to enrol for pre-primary practicum just for certification? Im pretty sure some school might offer it...pls help...thanks a lot.. :-).. im confuse kc wid my status im in general education currently working as primary teacher but that is CSOL .. which limit my chance, is it ok ifi just choose pre-primary Under SOL?
  • keziahsiscarkeziahsiscar Sydney
    @rdagulan when applying for assessment, they will only consider the practicum you had whie studying. You need to have a practicum with kods aging 3-8 years old for 45 days.

ANZSCO 241111: Early Childhood Teacher

25 Jul 2015- IELTS (r-8.5, l-8.5, s-8.5, w-7.5)
    6 Oct 2015- Submitted documents for AITSL assessment
    2 Dec 2015- Received AITSL suitable result
    3 Dec 2015- Submitted EOI (65pts)
    4 Dec 2016- Received ITA
    9 Jan 2016- Lodged VISA 189
    13 Jan 2016- Medical (SLEC)
    22 Jan 2016- CO requested for PCC and marriage certificate (both front loaded) and Form 80
    03 Feb 2016- VISA GRANT

• rdagulanrdagulan Davao City
    @keziahsiscar ok po tnx... i think il b working on it :-) big help po :)
  • ElberdreiElberdrei Mandaluyong
    I contacted AITSL via email last week,ask them if they are accepting TOEFL IBT as a proof of english proficiency. After 4 days AITSL kindly responded that AITSL only accept IELTS as a proof of english proficiency.
    @Elberdrei
    Yes, there's really no other way around it, unless you have studied in a university in Australia, USA, Canada, etc. Just review well for the IELTS and do lots of practice tests. Good luck! :)

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do." -Helen Keller

• ElberdreiElberdrei Mandaluyong
    edited March 2016
    @sunflower

Thanks a lot! ;)
  • MangBertoMangBerto Mandaluyong
    Hi guys I am new here.

Reading this thread inspires me and my wife to pursue our application.

We have been assessed by 2 different agents and both of them have different say on what we need to do first.

My wife would be the main applicant and sabit kami sana ng baby ko :)

Undergrad niya is BA in Comm Arts sa elbi tapos nag MA siya sa Miriam ng Chilhood Education. More than 5 years na din experience niya as an early childhood educator.

Ayaw sana namin kumuha ng agent kasi ang dami nagsasabi na madali lang. And based sa mga ginawa niyo nakaka inspire talaga.

Question lang sana, let's say after ng positive result sa assessment ng AITSL, what's next na?

Do we lodge immediately?

Thanks guys!!
    edited April 2016
    Hello @MangBerto, welcome to PinoyAU! :D

That's right, kung masipag kayong mag-research on your own, kaya naman mag-lodge ng application on your own. Tapos kung hindi kayo sigurado sa steps, pwedeng-pwede naman magtanong dito sa forum. HOWEVER, if you do decide to get an agent, make sure that the agent is registered in MARA (http://www.visabureau.com/australia/mara.aspx). Otherwise, possible na may maling details ang masabi sa inyo. (Kaya rin siguro iba-iba yung sinabi sa inyo nung dalawang agent na tinanungan niyo.)

Anyway, for a Pre-Primary School Teacher application, the AITSL requirements include the following:

-Degree that is comparable to at least four-years full-time higher education
    -45 days of supervised teaching practice
    -IELTS Academic Version (at least 7.0 in Reading and Writing, at least 8.0 in Speaking and Listening)

Source: http://www.aitsl.edu.au/assessment-for-migration

Do ask your wife if her MA degree satisfies all of those requirements, because if not, sayang yung AITSL application niyo. It doesn't matter kasi kahit 5 years of 10 years na ang teaching experience niya, importante sa kanila yung degree, for some reason.

After being assessed as suitable by AITSL, then you can sign-up for an Expression of Interest in SkillSelect. Once you have been invited, THEN you will finally be able to lodge your visa application.

• MangBertoMangBerto Mandaluyong
    edited April 2016
    @sunflower Thanks for the quick response :)

-Degree that is comparable to at least four-years full-time higher education
    Her undergraduate course is not relevant to teaching, BA Comm Arts. Then saka na lang siya nag MA ng 2 years. Is it necessary na education course yung 4 years of full time higher educ?

-45 days of supervised teaching practice
    I thnk she has a certificate with 200 hours of teaching. Each class daw is 3.5 hours long so it's like 57+ hours? tama ba yun?

-IELTS Academic Version (at least 7.0 in Reading and Writing, at least 8.0 in Speaking and Listening)
    Ay ito wala pa. Mas maganda bang magreview siya o kaya namang mag self study? kayo ba?

Thanks!! :)
    @MangBerto
    Her undergraduate course is not relevant to teaching, BA Comm Arts. Then saka na lang siya nag MA ng 2 years. Is it necessary na education course yung 4 years of full time higher educ?
    As far as I know, yes, it is necessary because this is an assessment of one's TEACHING qualifications. :)

I thnk she has a certificate with 200 hours of teaching. Each class daw is 3.5 hours long so it's like 57+ hours? tama ba yun?
    Yung school na po yung magbibigay siguro nung equivalent number of days. Pag humingi kayo ng certification, you'll just have to indicate na i-specify nila yung number of supervised teaching days, as opposed to the number of hours.

Ay ito wala pa. Mas maganda bang magreview siya o kaya namang mag self study? kayo ba?
    Everyone has his/her own learning style. In my case, I practiced on my own for the Reading and Listening parts, and then I went to a review centre for the Speaking and Writing parts.

• ljustljust Sydney
    Hi guys. I was wondering if whether AITSL will email you the outcome as well as post it to you or will you just get the result from mail?
    @beaj
    They'll just mail it to you. This is how they emailed me when the assessment was complete:

Dear XXXX

Your assessment application is now complete. The outcome will be posted via registered post in the next 5 working days. AITSL advised you of the unique identification number for this registered post in your notification email.

Do not reply to this email. AITSL will not provide assessment outcomes via email or telephone.

• ljustljust Sydney
    Thank you @sunflower
  • PTwifePTwife Mandaluyong
    Hi, good day. My question is also about a degree that is not Education. My four-year degree is History. And I'm planning to take education units to teach social sciences sa grade school or HS (seryosong pangarap ko to kahit di mag Aus hehe), and then mag Masters in Education maj in Early Childhood. I'm thinking kung magagamit ko yung Masters to beef up my application sa AITSL; in other words, kung pwede kaya mag suffice yun. Thanks a lot.
    @PTwife
    Hi! The AITSL requirements include the following:

1. Degree that is comparable to at least four-years full-time higher education
    2. 45 days of supervised teaching practice
    3. IELTS Academic Version (at least 7.0 in Reading and Writing, at least 8.0 in Speaking and Listening)

Source: http://www.aitsl.edu.au/assessment-for-migration

If your Masters in Education would be able to support the first two requirements, then it might be worth a try to submit your application for assessment in AITSL. :)

• ljustljust Sydney
    Hello.

Anyone knows what requirements do I need to get a Skilled Employment Statement from AITSL? Do I just need a letter from the employer stating all the necessary details? Do I have to provide payslips as well?

Thanks
    @beaj
    If you applied for the Skilled Employment Statement from AITSL along with your application for migration, there aren't really any extra requirements or payment. If you're doing the Skilled Employment Statement separately, you'll have to pay $200 along with a statement from your employer (on the official letterhead of the employing authority, signed and dated) containing the following details:

-name of school
    -name of employer
    -address of employer
    -dates of employment - start and finish dates (month/year)
    -title of position/job
    -hours of employment per week

Read more here: http://www.aitsl.edu.au/assessment-for-migration/skilled-employment-statement

@beaj
    Regarding your question about the payslip, it is specifically mentioned on the given link that:

Certified copies of employment statements, pay slips or employment contracts are NOT acceptable.

So all you really need is the statement from your employer. I guess AITSL will do the background check themselves.

• ljustljust Sydney
    Thanks! I got a suitable assessment! Wooohooo

I want to claim points for my AU work experience so I didnt have my work experience assessed yet.
  • ipinkipink North Ryde
    @keziahsiscar @sunflower hello to you both! can I just ask if it is required to have graduated specifically with early childhood as major? I have sister in law who graduated bachelor in education-major in science but has had practicum with grade 1 students (6-7 years old). Do you think she can be assessed for EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHER?

Dec 8, 2012: IELTS
    Feb 4, 2013: EA CDR assessment submitted
    April 2013: Visited Sydney on Tourist Visa.. confirmed that I love it there :)
    May 20, 2013: EA work experience assessment submitted
    Jun 5, 2013: EA positive assessment
    Jun 7, 2013: EOI submitted
    Jun 17, 2013: Invited to apply for 189 visa
    Jun 17, 2013: Visa application submitted
    Jul 5, 2013: Medical submitted to DIAC
    Jul 17, 2013: NBI Clearance Uploaded
    Aug 2, 2013: CO Allocated-GSM Adelaide Team 6
    Aug 6, 2013: Visa Granted

Thank you Lord :)

• muchintogemmuchintogem Philippines
    hi!

I would like to ask regarding the AITSL assessment. I am a graduate of Bachelor in Nursing. I took Supplemental Units in Education and got the Teacher's Board Exam. I have a Master's Degree in Education major in early childhood. During my supplemental, I didn't have any supervised teaching, but I am working as a preschool teacher for already 6 years and have my advisory class. In the assessment, we are asked kung may supervised teaching and they are asking for TOR and such, I would like to know if yung first years ng teaching ko is already considered as supervised teaching. If so, what documents do I pass for this??

Much thanks!
  • geninegogeninego Melbourne
    @sunflower Hi! I know matagal na tong thread but I have a question related to skilled employment statements po. I got a successful skills assessment but narealise ko kailangan ko pa ng skilled employment statement from AITSL. Nasubmit ko na lahat ng requirements three or four weeks ago pero walang confirmation email or anything. Should I be worried? Thanks!!
    @geninego
    Hello! Did you request for a skilled employment statement from AITSL WITH your skills assessment? Or did you request for it AFTER you received your positive skills assessment?

When I lodged my documents to AITSL, I received a confirmation email for the payment two weeks afterwards. You should probably give them a call or send them an email:

Phone: +61 2 6239 9500
    Email: [email protected]

• mintytelmintytel Bulacan, Philippines
    Good morning!
    I read your posts here and maybe I can also seek help from you, guys.

I am a public school teacher and I am planning to have an assessment in AITSL. Which requirement should I prepare?

thank you so much :D
  • PIPOPIPO Perth
    Hi, just want to ask about the difference between initial teacher education and supervised teaching practice. What would be the documents needed to prove those two?

Thanks a lot.

Mechanical Engineer ANZSCO 233512

Oct 26, 2013 - IELTS (W=6)
    Nov 30, 2013 - EA Document Sent
    Dec 7, 2013 - IELTS (W=6.5, S=6.5)
    Mar 15, 2014 - IELTS (W=6.5)
    April 24, 2014 - Positive Assessment
    May 10, 2014 - IELTS (L=8.5, R=7.5, W=8, S=7.5)
    Jun 1, 2014 - Submit EOI
    Jun 23, 2014 - Invitation to Lodge
    July 3, 2014 - Lodge Application
    July 14, 2014 - Medical
    Sept. 8, 2014 - Direct Grant

• onin111onin111 Cebu
    Hi @sunflower ,

Salamat sa mga response mo dito regarding ECE, it's been very helpful learning thru this thread.

Ask ko lang po, my wife is a BA-Psych grad and acquired additional units para maka pag teach, naka pasa sa Teacher's Board and have been teaching Nursery class for 15 yrs., in short, hindi siya ECE grad but with experience.

So with AITSL's requirement on Skills Assessment na kailangan ECE grad, she had taken University classes (compressed class schedule, hindi 4 years though kase pang MA na curriculum, hopefully comparable sa 4-year requirement), basically this year pa lang siya mag graduate. So medyo ok na ito for Skills Assessment hopefully.

Then here comes the Skilled Employment statement requirement, can she use her previous 15 yrs. experience (with complete AISTL letter requirements) regardless if this was before getting her ECE diploma?

Maraming salamat po!

******** DG ********
    @onin111 | 189 | 12 Jan 2018 | 26 Jun 2018 | Melbourne| 25 July 2018

-Current Status-
    DG, Planning for BM

Application History:
    IELTS Test:
    2017/03/18 - IELTS Exam
    2017/03/31 - IELTS Results: L-7.5, R-7, W-6.5, S-8
    2017/04/11 - IELTS Enquiry on Results
    2017/06/01 - Negative IELTS Enquiry on Results

EA Assessment:
    2017/08/08 - EA Assessment [Fast Track]
    2017/08/25 - EA Assessment Outcome: Awarded IE 233511 Prof. Eng. Skill Level 1 and Relevant Skilled Emp for 14 yrs.

EOI 1:
    2017/08/29 - EOI 233511 - Industrial Engineer] 489 (Family Sponsored)-65, 189-55, 190-60

PTE-A Tests:
    2017/10/24 - Applied for PTE-A Test on Nov 23
    2017/11/19 - PTE-A Mock Test A: L82/R-77/S90/W86 / G67/OF83/P90/S90/V90/WD90
    2017/11/22 - PTE-A Mock Test B: L81/R84/S90/W85 / G82/OF85/P90/S90/V90/WD90
    2017/11/23 - PTE-A Exam day
    2017/11/24 - PTE-A Results: L87/R88/S90/W84 = Superior / G90/OF90/P90/S66/V90/WD90

EOI2:
    2017/11/24 - Filed new EOI for Visa 189 - 75 points

ITA:
    2017/12/20 - ITA Received

2017/12/26 - Created Immi account, Health Dec for HAP ID
    2018/01/02 - Medical Check with dependents
    2018/01/10 - Medical reports submitted by Nationwide except daughter
    2018/01/10 - Applied and paid for Visa lodging
    2018/01/12 - Uploaded all evidences, except Health
    2018/01/25 - All Health Clearance Finalised including daughter

Grant:
    2018/06/26 - Grant by team Adelaide

• onin111onin111 Cebu
    Update:

Sorry, just read the entire requirement of AITSL that employment assessment will be based AFTER completion of a recognised initial teacher education qualification.. tsk tsk tsk.. sayang naman.

******** DG ********
    @onin111 | 189 | 12 Jan 2018 | 26 Jun 2018 | Melbourne| 25 July 2018

-Current Status-
    DG, Planning for BM

Application History:
    IELTS Test:
    2017/03/18 - IELTS Exam
    2017/03/31 - IELTS Results: L-7.5, R-7, W-6.5, S-8
    2017/04/11 - IELTS Enquiry on Results
    2017/06/01 - Negative IELTS Enquiry on Results

EA Assessment:
    2017/08/08 - EA Assessment [Fast Track]
    2017/08/25 - EA Assessment Outcome: Awarded IE 233511 Prof. Eng. Skill Level 1 and Relevant Skilled Emp for 14 yrs.

EOI 1:
    2017/08/29 - EOI 233511 - Industrial Engineer] 489 (Family Sponsored)-65, 189-55, 190-60

PTE-A Tests:
    2017/10/24 - Applied for PTE-A Test on Nov 23
    2017/11/19 - PTE-A Mock Test A: L82/R-77/S90/W86 / G67/OF83/P90/S90/V90/WD90
    2017/11/22 - PTE-A Mock Test B: L81/R84/S90/W85 / G82/OF85/P90/S90/V90/WD90
    2017/11/23 - PTE-A Exam day
    2017/11/24 - PTE-A Results: L87/R88/S90/W84 = Superior / G90/OF90/P90/S66/V90/WD90

EOI2:
    2017/11/24 - Filed new EOI for Visa 189 - 75 points

ITA:
    2017/12/20 - ITA Received

2017/12/26 - Created Immi account, Health Dec for HAP ID
    2018/01/02 - Medical Check with dependents
    2018/01/10 - Medical reports submitted by Nationwide except daughter
    2018/01/10 - Applied and paid for Visa lodging
    2018/01/12 - Uploaded all evidences, except Health
    2018/01/25 - All Health Clearance Finalised including daughter

Grant:
    2018/06/26 - Grant by team Adelaide