Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

General Skilled Immigration Visa - Step By Step Process

Comments

• katlin924katlin924 Sydney
    thanks @katlin924 cge po pa pm nlang if d pd dito [email protected] cheers! :)
    Di ko pa natanong sa frend ko. Pero based naman dun sa website nila naka-post mga email address nila. Punta ka dito: http://www.phillipau.com.au/AboutUs.html

Kahit sino dun sa Contact Us pwede mo ata tanungan. :)

ACS, IELTS and Visa 175 Timeline
    28/07/2011 - Submitted ACS Online Application
    28/09/2011 - ACS Result: Group A
    08/10/2011 - IELTS Exam
    21/10/2011 - IELTS Result: L&R-8.5; W&S-7; OB-8
    22/11/2011 - Submitted Online Application
    05/05/2012 - CO Requested Additional Documents
    31/05/2012 - Submitted requested documents
    02/06/2012 - Visa Grant! Thank you Lord. :)
    05/2013 - Off to Sydney ^_^
    For the detailed timeline, check it here: Journey to the Land Down Under
    My personal blog: Kathleen's Daily Musings

Thanks sa support guys! ^_^

08/10/2011 - IELTS Exam

• tootzkietootzkie Sydney
    edited October 2011
    @tootzkie, when you mention a preferred state in the application form(visa 175 app), say Perth/Adelaide, After the visa has been granted, can I opt to fly to another state like Melbourne?

Since it is assumed na yung choice of location is a factor (just an assumption), we can put these locations that they are prioritizing on the application form.
    For visa 175, you have no commitment to any state government whatsoever. If you don't want to work and bum around, it's up to you. Just stay in Australia and you'll get citizenship once you satisfied the residence requirement.

For 176 and 475 visa, you have 2-yr MORAL COMMITMENT (of live and work) to your sponsoring state. However, you can move to other state whilst you are still tied with commitment agreement. But make sure you have been living in your sponsoring state for a while and you have showed how committed you are to live and work in that state but for some reasons like hardship to find employment, health etc. you are compelled to move to other state for brighter opportunities. Just inform your sponsoring state your meritorious reasons and they will let you go.

Because the 2-yr commitment is only MORAL COMMITMENT and not a LEGAL COMMITMENT.

For 475 visa, you are only allowed to move to REGIONAL AREA as per DIAC requirement's pathway to permanent residency.

edited October 2011

Since it is assumed na yung choice of location is a factor (just an assumption), we can put these locations that they are prioritizing on the application form.
    Maybe yes, or maybe no. Some applicants are putting Sydney as their preferred city but then they still have that speedy processing. Maybe DIAC is looking at other angles like nominated occupations, etc. Assumptions ko lang lahat ang reasons why in 3 months i got my visa granted. Every applicant has its own unique circumstances that differs from each processing timeframe.
  • tobenhoodtobenhood Singapore
    Hi All,

Anyone tried for IELTS remarking here? sensya kasi OT. TIA
    Hi All,

Transfer to IELTS thread. :)

08/10/2011 - IELTS Exam

• ylaiylai Kuala Lumpur
    Hi @tootzkie and @jaero! tanong lng po sa documents (University Diploma, TOR, etc.) na pinasa nyo sa DIAC... pinapa authenticate nyo pa ba sa DFA or pina red ribbon as what they call it?

Time Line:
    09-08-2011: ACS received physical documents
    10-13-2011: ACS result (PIM3, Group A)

Hi @tootzkie and @jaero! tanong lng po sa documents (University Diploma, TOR, etc.) na pinasa nyo sa DIAC... pinapa authenticate nyo pa ba sa DFA or pina red ribbon as what they call it?
    Ang red ribbon ay pang-middle east lang kaya hindi na kailangan. Colored ang TOR kaya i just scanned it. Since laminated na ang Diploma ko, i photopied it and have it certified-true-copy (notarized) by public attorney. Meron sa Morayta in-front of PRC. 40 pesos lang ang notaryo, 3 copies pa hahaha. Suki nya ako since skills assessment. Pero sa iba 50 pesos/3 copies ang bigay nya.
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    Ang red ribbon ay pang-middle east lang kaya hindi na kailangan. Colored ang TOR kaya i just scanned it. Since laminated na ang Diploma ko, i photopied it and have it certified-true-copy (notarized) by public attorney. Meron sa Morayta in-front of PRC. 40 pesos lang ang notaryo, 3 copies pa hahaha. Suki nya ako since skills assessment. Pero sa iba 50 pesos/3 copies ang bigay nya.
    siguraduhin license ang notary office. usually yan mga assistant ng attorney ang pumipirma pero sa dami ba nman ng notary public sa recto di mo alam kung sino ang allowed at may lisensya at yung nangagaya ng pirma lang

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• ylaiylai Kuala Lumpur
    thanks sa quick reply @tootzkie :) wow ha, may suki ka pala... hehehe... makahanap nga ng suki para may tawad ;) hehehe...

thanks din sa heads up @totoyozresident!

Time Line:
    09-08-2011: ACS received physical documents
    10-13-2011: ACS result (PIM3, Group A)

• issaissa Melbourne
    edited October 2011
    Hi Guys, i don't know if meron dito sa ating forum na katulad ng case ko, nakapag lodge na ako ng application for skills assessment sa ACS and in two weeks after ma lodge nakareceive ako ng letter na merong suggestion ng assessor na ibahin ko ang nominated occupation ko from system analyst to sys ad. May option rin akong maglodge ng panibago pero yun nga i have to start again. no chance na ako sa 175 since wala sa sol schedule 1 ang sys ad. But have a chance naman sa 176 but i have to look for state na pwedeng mag nominate and panibagong bayad for sure. anyone na similar ng situation ko? if ever meron , pa help naman please sa process. Thanks in advance.

Skill nominated :262113 Systems Administrator|Oct 12, 2011 -Submitted documents to ACS|Oct 28, 2011 -ACS result ( Comparable to an Australian Bachelor's Degree)|March 31, 2012- IELTS Exam|April 13, 2012 -IELTS Result ( R-7.5 L-7.5 W-6.5 S-7.5=OB=7.5), requested for remarking but no change|July 01, 2012- EOI submitted|Aug 02, 2012- Submitted SA SS ( visa 190)|Nov 06, 2012 - SA SS approval and 190 Invitation :) | Nov 08,2012- Lodged 190 visa|| Nov 23,2012- Visa Grant! Thank God, Almighty! :)

Hi @issa, ngayon ko lang narinig ung ganyang case ah.. pag sys ad ba nde sa ACS ang nomination? Sila naman ang mag-decide non dba? so pwedeng ilagay ka nila sa Sys Ad base dun sa mga docs mo. Bket kailangan ikaw pa gumawa?

Hehehe.. sorry di ko alam kng pano yng ganyang case. :(

08/10/2011 - IELTS Exam

• onesilvertwoonesilvertwo Kuala Lumpur
    edited October 2011
    @issa, pag sinunod mo ang suggestion ng assessor to change to sys admin,will they require you to submit another set of papers and pay another app fee? kung hindi na, most likely you will get a positive assessment na since matched na yung job descritions mo to the new nominated occupation mo. As a result (naks, ielts na ielts, "as a result"), you will need to get a state sponsorship or family sponsorship dahil ang Sys Admin ay nasa SOL 2. You can try in Victoria (diyan lang ako familiar), they are opened for IT, at mayroong sys admin. You just need to emphasize sa CV mo yung skills na ililista mo, dapat medyo ayon sa need nila. like oracle, unix, java, sap etc. you can find more details from their site.

If you opt to send a new application, if it is possible (I don't know kung may major concern dito), reword the COEs, if you can talk to your employers (may employers na pumapayag na employee ang magdraft ng letter, they will just need to review it, well for MNCs mahirap, pero kung medyo small company lang o bago, you can try). Write it in a way that the duties and responsibilities will agree with the occupation you are claiming (System Analyst). again, I am not sure if this is OK, baka bigla maaudit ng ACS na you have submitted an application before with a different duties and responsibilities. Pero, in my opinon (pang ielts na naman, "in my opinion" haha!), it's possible na baguhin, kasi may mga company na nasa handbook nila ang mga duties and responsibilities na napaka general, pero when you get to the actual job, you can identify some task na mas specific (now, ito ang mga pwede mo ilista). Pero kung ang job titles mo sa mga work experiences mo ay talagang leaning to being Sys Admin, this option may not be applicable na.

Visa Subclass 175 - Skilled Independent
    Nominated Occupation : Analyst Programmer (261311)
    20/06/2011 - ACS Received the Application (via Courier)
    03/08/2011 - ACS Finalised the Case (PIM3, Group A)
    03/09/2011 - IELTS General Examination (BC)
    14/09/2011 - IELTS Result Received L- 7.5, R-7.5, W-7.0, S-8.0
    27/10/2011 - Lodged the Visa Application (Online)
    13/04/2012 - CO Allocated (Team 7)
    14/04/2012 to 20/06/2012 - processing on hold, waiting for wife to deliver
    13/07/2012 - PCCs submitted
    21/07/2012 - Medicals Conducted
    23/07/2012 - Medicals Finalised
    25/07/2012 - Visa Granted!

edited October 2011
    @issa, pag sinunod mo ang suggestion ng assessor to change to sys admin,will they require you to submit another set of papers and pay another app fee? kung hindi na, most likely you will get a positive assessment na since matched na yung job descritions mo to the new nominated occupation mo. As a result (naks, ielts na ielts, "as a result"), you will need to get a state sponsorship or family sponsorship dahil ang Sys Admin ay nasa SOL 2. You can try in Victoria (diyan lang ako familiar), they are opened for IT, at mayroong sys admin. You just need to emphasize sa CV mo yung skills na ililista mo, dapat medyo ayon sa need nila. like oracle, unix, java, sap etc. you can find more details from their site.

If you opt to send a new application, if it is possible (I don't know kung may major concern dito), reword the COEs, if you can talk to your employers (may employers na pumapayag na employee ang magdraft ng letter, they will just need to review it, well for MNCs mahirap, pero kung medyo small company lang o bago, you can try). Write it in a way that the duties and responsibilities will agree with the occupation you are claiming (System Analyst). again, I am not sure if this is OK, baka bigla maaudit ng ACS na you have submitted an application before with a different duties and responsibilities. Pero, in my opinon (pang ielts na naman, "in my opinion" haha!), it's possible na baguhin, kasi may mga company na nasa handbook nila ang mga duties and responsibilities na napaka general, pero when you get to the actual job, you can identify some task na mas specific (now, ito ang mga pwede mo ilista). Pero kung ang job titles mo sa mga work experiences mo ay talagang leaning to being Sys Admin, this option may not be applicable na.
    AGREE. You have to tailor your COE/Reference letter to Systems Analyst job. Cgurado akong ang duties and responsibilities mo ay nag-fit sa System Admin. Try to get another reference letter from your boss with correct job duties as Systems Analyst.

Don't choose occupation from SOL2. Dapat SOL 1 para malaki ang chance. Remember ICT job duties are complex and ambiguous, nagkakapareho ang tasks ng bawat ICT occupations.

So if I were you guys TAILOR your Reference Letter to any occupation listed on SOL 1. Pwede naman pakiusapan ang mga bossing natin. dito sa Pinas Kahit pa Network Analyst ang job title mo sa COE, pero kung bibigyan ka ng boss mo ng reference letter na ang job duties mo ay more on Systems Analyst, siguradong positive ka sa skills assessment as Systems Analyst.
  • issaissa Melbourne
    @onesilvertwo, i asked them kung may additional pa silang kelangan but they said wala na so i end up agreeing on the suggestion of the assessor. I think mas mahihirapan ako kung push ko pa yung system analyst or mag lodge ng new application. As of writing, case finalized na yung status ng application ko, i dont know kung mag eemail na sila ng result. Hopefully ok ang maging result. Thanks sa mga inputs. :)

Skill nominated :262113 Systems Administrator|Oct 12, 2011 -Submitted documents to ACS|Oct 28, 2011 -ACS result ( Comparable to an Australian Bachelor's Degree)|March 31, 2012- IELTS Exam|April 13, 2012 -IELTS Result ( R-7.5 L-7.5 W-6.5 S-7.5=OB=7.5), requested for remarking but no change|July 01, 2012- EOI submitted|Aug 02, 2012- Submitted SA SS ( visa 190)|Nov 06, 2012 - SA SS approval and 190 Invitation :) | Nov 08,2012- Lodged 190 visa|| Nov 23,2012- Visa Grant! Thank God, Almighty! :)

• mikaela01mikaela01 Sydney
    Hi All,

my husband had his score re-marked last march. are you planning to have yours re-marked?

29 May 2012 - lodged 176 online application
    (Civil Engineer 233211;WA State Sponsored)
    2 June 2012 - CO allocation
    6 June 2012 - PCC uploaded
    8 June 2012 - Medicals
    21 June 2012 - further medical results received
    25 June 2012 - Health requirements finalised
    27 June 2012 - Visa Granted!! To God be the glory!
    19 Aug 2012 - Landed in AU
    Believe in the power of prayers!
    When challenges are so big that we feel our strength is not enough to carry them , keep on going. The extra mile is where the GRACE OF GOD begins.

Hi All,

my husband had his score re-marked last march. are you planning to have yours re-marked?

Yes po maam, yong writing ko balak ko pa remark. Ilang weeks po ba nya natanggap? nasa singapore po ba kayo maam mikaela ? TIA
  • gemini23gemini23 Win
    Hi all! I read that for some state sponsorship, they require that a visa applicant must have certain amount of fund to show to prove that they can support themselves, how about for Skill Independent Visa (175), is there any fund required for the applicants? Thanks in advance for any information that you can share about this matter.

Follow your heart but trust your gut.

You definitely need sufficient fund when you settle in Australia. For visa 175 no need to show evidence.
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Some states will require you show them your financial capacity before they sponsor you.

Stricter rules apply to family/ relative sponsorship :)
  • tikbalangtikbalang Quezon City
    hi asks lang po mga maam mga sirs...pag visa 176 po..need ba talaga sponsored ng state?both state and family/relative?or kahit family/relative lang po pwede na?..salamat po sa magrereply... ;-)
  • onesilvertwoonesilvertwo Kuala Lumpur
    @tikbalang unang-una, happy halloween!

I am actually a 175 applicant, pero ang alam ko, kahit isa lang sa mga nabanggit mo. either an applicant is state sponsored OR family sponsored. :)

Thanks.

-Kapre

Visa Subclass 175 - Skilled Independent
    Nominated Occupation : Analyst Programmer (261311)
    20/06/2011 - ACS Received the Application (via Courier)
    03/08/2011 - ACS Finalised the Case (PIM3, Group A)
    03/09/2011 - IELTS General Examination (BC)
    14/09/2011 - IELTS Result Received L- 7.5, R-7.5, W-7.0, S-8.0
    27/10/2011 - Lodged the Visa Application (Online)
    13/04/2012 - CO Allocated (Team 7)
    14/04/2012 to 20/06/2012 - processing on hold, waiting for wife to deliver
    13/07/2012 - PCCs submitted
    21/07/2012 - Medicals Conducted
    23/07/2012 - Medicals Finalised
    25/07/2012 - Visa Granted!

Actually diyan papasok ang benefits ng migration agent...lalo na kung komplikado na ang iaapply mo tulad ng state sponsorship or family sponsorship...marami kasi silang restrictions :)
    Actually diyan papasok ang benefits ng migration agent...lalo na kung komplikado na ang iaapply mo tulad ng state sponsorship or family sponsorship...marami kasi silang restrictions :)
    sir lokijr..like for example po ng restrictions?..diy lang po sana kami (kakahiya na po sa sister ko siya po financer namin)..nagvisa wizzard po kami and lumabas po ganito..visa 175/176 family sponsored/and regional..actually husband ko po main applicant..aircraft mechanic po sa LTP/32 yrs old/9yrs job experience..nakasked na po siya for ielts exam sa nov17..sana po umabot sa kahit 7in all..salamat po.. :)
    @tikbalang unang-una, happy halloween!

I am actually a 175 applicant, pero ang alam ko, kahit isa lang sa mga nabanggit mo. either an applicant is state sponsored OR family sponsored. :)

Thanks.

-Kapre
    salamat sir sa reply..

:)
    kaka approved lang nang SS ko sa SA. Kaso 30 days lang validity :(
    @tikbalang, taga lufthansa po asawa niyo? :D kahit di niyo na kailangan ng sponsorship, in demand po yung occupation ng asawa niyo...Just get a good grade on the IELTS and prepare all required documents for the skills assessment. Pag nasa Australia na siya, puwede na niya kayo kunin.

@tobenhood, congrats :) sana ready na rin lahat ng documents mo para makapag visa lodging ka na :)
    @ LokiJr thanks dre, hirap kasi pag wala sa pinas pero kakayanin :)
    @Lokijr..salamat sir..God bless po.. ;)
  • mikaela01mikaela01 Sydney
    Hi All,

Yes po maam, yong writing ko balak ko pa remark. Ilang weeks po ba nya natanggap? nasa singapore po ba kayo maam mikaela ? TIA
    nope. we're here in Philippines. within 45 days after your exam dapat na lodge mo na ung application for remarking. if you're here 6000 yata ang fee then you have to wait for 6 - 8 weeks para sa result. kung tumaas ang score mo, refund nila bayad mo pero kung hindi di na nila ibabalik 6k mo. hope this helps. goodluck!

29 May 2012 - lodged 176 online application
    (Civil Engineer 233211;WA State Sponsored)
    2 June 2012 - CO allocation
    6 June 2012 - PCC uploaded
    8 June 2012 - Medicals
    21 June 2012 - further medical results received
    25 June 2012 - Health requirements finalised
    27 June 2012 - Visa Granted!! To God be the glory!
    19 Aug 2012 - Landed in AU
    Believe in the power of prayers!
    When challenges are so big that we feel our strength is not enough to carry them , keep on going. The extra mile is where the GRACE OF GOD begins.